Richmond inquires about Armo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Richmond inquires about Armo

SaintPav wrote:
samuraisaint wrote: I actually think that is a massive indictment on the decision to change coaches but we did it so there we are.
You're so right!

We should have stuck with Watters given everything we know about him.

is that an ironic tone? No idea what Watters actually did. I know that in his first year we went perilously close to msking finals again, with a winning percentage in the positive column, and had the third highest percentage in the league of 125% or something. I also know that we won more games in his second year than we did this year, and we were in a lot of games up til the death.
This year most of our games were well and truly over well before halfway through the second quarter, and that includes Lenny's farewell game against the Bullies who cohldn't even beat GWS.
We finished this season with our lowest % since 1955. 1955! And almost went through the season without scoring one century for the first time since 1960. 1960! If you are happy with that well that's your opinion, but it certainly isn't mine.

i know the players lit a dwarf on fire while Watters was coach, but all this blame shifting onto coaches is abit p*ssweak IMO.
My point is that we could have waited a year and saved over half a million bucks. Are you suggesting sacking a guy a year early, paying him out hslf a million bucks and finishing in our worst state since 1955 was a prudent business decision?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
samuraisaint wrote: I actually think that is a massive indictment on the decision to change coaches but we did it so there we are.
You're so right!

is that an ironic tone? No idea what Watters actually did. I know that in his first year we went perilously close to msking finals again, with a winning percentage in the positive column, and had the third highest percentage in the league of 125% or something. I also know that we won more games in his second year than we did this year, and we were in a lot of games up til the death.
This year most of our games were well and truly over well before halfway through the second quarter, and that includes Lenny's farewell game against the Bullies who cohldn't even beat GWS.
We finished this season with our lowest % since 1955. 1955! And almost went through the season without scoring one century for the first time since 1960. 1960! If you are happy with that well that's your opinion, but it certainly isn't mine.

i know the players lit a dwarf on fire while Watters was coach, but all this blame shifting onto coaches is abit p*ssweak IMO.
My point is that we could have waited a year and saved over half a million bucks. Are you suggesting sacking a guy a year early, paying him out hslf a million bucks and finishing in our worst state since 1955 was a prudent business decision?

He had lost just about everyone at the club. Would have set us back even more. The guy lost the plot. And comparing this year to last is unfair as last years list was clearly better than this year.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SEN reporting Jack Trengove to Tigers for pick 12.

So maybe the Armo to Tigers was discussed. Who knows. But Surely Armo is a better player than Trengove and the Tigers are definitely looking at the here and now.

The tiges clearly believe they are ready to challenge in the next 2 years and be top 4. They have paid overs from Hampson and now possibly Trengove. So they will need to get up there in the next two years. But I am not convinced Trengove is any good. Anyway. Thats how it goes.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

I hope they don't trade out Armitage or Steven, not a smart move IMO. That said, I don't know how they will achieve the '3 picks in the first round' they want. Unless there's a bombshell happening next week (trade out a player) or trade No 1 DP

Would rather keep DP 1 and take Petracca....unless someone offers a massive overs deal.
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Mon 13 Oct 2014 12:54am, edited 1 time in total.

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:SEN reporting Jack Trengove to Tigers for pick 12.

So maybe the Armo to Tigers was discussed. Who knows. But Surely Armo is a better player than Trengove and the Tigers are definitely looking at the here and now.

The tiges clearly believe they are ready to challenge in the next 2 years and be top 4. They have paid overs from Hampson and now possibly Trengove. So they will need to get up there in the next two years. But I am not convinced Trengove is any good. Anyway. Thats how it goes.
Wow, i hadn't heard about this possible trade....

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
falka
Club Player

Maybe pick 4 n 7 for pick 3 n 12 if we rate top 3 clearly above the rest???

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

the young guys still need to learn off someone in the midfield and without Armo there aren't too many more (Steven, Monty).

if Armo was to be traded we would need to replace him with another mature body - Cockie or something.

hope he stays because without him and Lenny blokes like Ross/Curren/Minchington/Weller will be stretched.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:the young guys still need to learn off someone in the midfield and without Armo there aren't too many more (Steven, Monty).

if Armo was to be traded we would need to replace him with another mature body - Cockie or something.

hope he stays because without him and Lenny blokes like Ross/Curren/Minchington/Weller will be stretched.

Cockie? Are we trying to get relegated?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

matrix wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Have no idea how you came up with that idea about them finishing one and two baring injury. Fanciful.
well its simple
you use your brain to come up with an idea
you think, and you then you think a bit more and then you go
aha!
'i think that if they didnt get injured they wouldve placed much much better in the b and f'

are you saying you have no idea how a thought process works?
stop taking the piss pluggsy

if they were injury free they wouldve placed MUCH better
one couldve even had a crack at winning it
are you saying that was not possible?
:lol:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
millarsaint wrote:the young guys still need to learn off someone in the midfield and without Armo there aren't too many more (Steven, Monty).

Cockie? Are we trying to get relegated?
always had a soft spot. but my point mostly being someone to come in comparable to Armo to lead.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
You're so right!

He had lost just about everyone at the club. Would have set us back even more. The guy lost the plot. And comparing this year to last is unfair as last years list was clearly better than this year.
Fair enough. I heard him on SEN on the day he got sacked, but I had no idea that he had gone postal. And yes; I concede that Richo had less to work with.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

samuraisaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
You're so right!

Fair enough. I heard him on SEN on the day he got sacked, but I had no idea that he had gone postal. And yes; I concede that Richo had less to work with.
Given how quickly all supporters turned on Watters, I'm still a little surprised that Richo gets so much benefit of the doubt, given that our list in 2013 was still a bottom four list.

Maybe he did lose the majority of the playing group, as well as the club admin, so it's better that he's gone.

Although, after the Lyon debacle, the senior coaching stint was a poisoned chalice, it was a question of who was prepared to drink from it first.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
You're so right!

Given how quickly all supporters turned on Watters, I'm still a little surprised that Richo gets so much benefit of the doubt, given that our list in 2013 was still a bottom four list.

Maybe he did lose the majority of the playing group, as well as the club admin, so it's better that he's gone.

Although, after the Lyon debacle, the senior coaching stint was a poisoned chalice, it was a question of who was prepared to drink from it first.
Will be interesting how AR is judged at the end of 2015 after another spoon.

I personally won't judge him until mid 2016, when we should start to become competitive in at least half our games.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Will be interesting to see if this bobs up again given that the Trengrove to Richmond deal has fallen over (he has re-injured his navicular).

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

thought exactly the same thing when i justt heard that on the radio

spert
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
You're so right!

Will be interesting how AR is judged at the end of 2015 after another spoon.

I personally won't judge him until mid 2016, when we should start to become competitive in at least half our games.
AR looks to have the inspirational tools of a wet lettuce, so I reckon he needs a big 2015. Watters was the victim of weak leadership at the club more than anything, but 'nuff said there.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

what do you mean by the inspirational tools of a wet lettuce?
:?

spert
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:what do you mean by the inspirational tools of a wet lettuce?
If you've ever been coached by a wet lettuce kind of guy you would know :-)

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Supposedly trengrove failed the medical..?

#1 Ryder fan
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

MC Gusto wrote:Supposedly trengrove failed the medical..?
correct - has reinjured a navicular....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
so im guessing you have and somehow youve made this connection to AR being a wet lettuce?
you know this ...how?
im generally curious as to how youve come up with this AR is a wet lettuce with his inspiration :?

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:
spert wrote:
so im guessing you have and somehow youve made this connection to AR being a wet lettuce?
you know this ...how?
im generally curious as to how youve come up with this AR is a wet lettuce with his inspiration :?
yes - so am I.

Explain the rationale behind this insult.

You are garbage - Enough said
matrix
Saintsational Legend

im not trolling at all (never!)
just generally interested on this opinion 8-)

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Spurt i think you are Waaaaaayy off the mark with AR ... AR is a cooler headed coach he doesnt get angry as such .. Watters used to talk for the sake of talking and would often repeat himself and then contradict himself he was all puff and blow hence why the players never really brought into him as a coach and as a person with the teaching of Mick Malthouse scott came into the club instantly stamping his authority that he was boss and demanded he was listened to... after the years of Ross Lyon who through years of hard work and sharing highs and lows with this group had the ultimate respect from the players Scott came in and basically tryed to erase the Lyon era and force himself onto the group they ultimatly saw him as a tool hence Watters never got the respect of the group to the point where Roo was somewhat entertaining a move to Collingwood ..
under Richo he is a more gently gently approach he is getting the respect from the young guys as he is sticking to his word by giving games to kids who deserve games he is winning over the older guys by empowering them to leave their legacy on the club through the young guys they are mentoring .. Richo might come accross as a "wet Lettuce" but i think while we go through this era we need that more than a yell yell push push madman coach ... testiment to that is the 19 contract extentions the players have signed the guys want to stay at the club not move on ..

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if the Tigs will come back? Based on Trengrove's type, they appear pretty keen to find a replacement for Daniel Jackson (if that's been mentioned before, apol's).

Couldn't cop Jackson, meself, but Richmond clearly rated him and thought him uniquely hard out of their their mids.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021