Petracca

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Petracca

SemperFidelis wrote:Cracking post Trev from the Bush. Point well made.

Any roughies for Caulfield tomorrow? :)
Go to the movies. Much cheaper, less poseurs.

Saint supporter since '62
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

jaxons wrote:Pick 1: St. Kilda – Christian Petracca
THANK GAWD! :D :D :D

jaxons wrote:Player Update: Labelled by one talent manager as “light years ahead” of everyone else in the draft.
And he's ours! :twisted:

So, do we call him 'Buzz'...?

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Furphy
Club Player

Austinnn wrote:OK, I tried to find the broader community's opinion on our Pet Raccoon, and I discovered this article on a website with the brilliant title of Executives News. At first I thought this was some mad new hardcore executive lingo that I'm a bit out of touch on, but inspecting closely it looks like a messed up double translation, possibly from Chinese or something.

Anyway here is, have a gander!

http://executivesnews.com/saints-set-to ... for-pick-1

Saints set to hit behind offers for collect 1

ST KILDA is approaching to continue knocking behind offers for a No. 1 breeze collect currently with a desired preference approaching to be used on bomb midfielder Christian Petracca.

Saints football trainer Chris Pelchen pronounced on radio he declined 3 offers for a cherished collect yesterday and approaching a “bidding frenzy” would continue in a rave to Thursday’s 2pm trade deadline. But it is believed a Saints will finish Greater Western Sydney’s debt on a tip collect after a enlargement bar used it to call a names of Jon Patton (2011), Lachie Whitfield (2012) and over spearhead Tom Boyd (2013). The Herald Sun believes a Giants done what they believed to be a inexhaustible offer to a Saints yesterday, though had it rejected. It is misleading if that offer came before GWS acquired a No. 6 preference from a Western Bulldogs as partial of a blockbuster Boyd trade though it is believed to have concerned mixed picks.

The Giants reason Nos. 4, 6 and 7 and are best-placed to trade with a Saints and have reliable seductiveness in winning rights to Petracca.

St Kilda ticked off a breeze design of securing a preference between their initial and second-round selections when they netted No. 21 from Geelong for Rhys Stanley on Wednesday. It means arch recruiter Tony Elshaug binds picks one, 21 and 22 during subsequent month’s draft, a year after he angled Jack Billings, Luke Dunstan and Blake Acres to kickstart a Saints’ revival. The Herald Sun suggested on Monday a Saints wish to beget 18 breeze selections inside a initial 3 rounds from 2013-16. But Petracca is firming as their male brazen of pivotal brazen Paddy McCartin, who had been related to a Saints as a Nick Riewoldt replacement.

Eastern Ranges product Petracca — who models his diversion on Jordan Lewis and Dustin Martin — blossomed as a full-time midfielder this year. He is rated by recruiting experts as a many special talent in a pool with his mixed of power, speed and goalsense creation him a formidable match-up. A hip problem could check Petracca’s lass AFL pre-season though he is approaching to make an impact in 2015. “My strengths are I’m means to win round on a inside though also widespread quickly,” Petracca said.

“I’m means to play mixed positions and it competence sound conceited though we arrange of do have a bit of X-Factor, we can flog those purchase goals.” Pelchen pronounced a deals knocked behind yesterday were “attractive offers” and enclosed mixed picks in a tip 15. “I’d contend seductiveness is flourishing rather than diminishing,” he told SEN.

“We’ve only declined on one sold offer as recently as a final hour, we’ve had dual offers put to us this morning, so I’d design that behest frenzy competence continue.” Pelchen pronounced a Saints would breeze a best accessible player, another denote Petracca is in their sights.

Originally published as Saints set to hit behind offers for collect 1
executives news Sports

Whoever wrote this article should be charged with attempted murder of the English language (male brazen of pivotal brazen?) :shock:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

reads like something plugga wrote..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

stinger wrote:reads like something plugga wrote..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Not true Sting...

sure, some 'interesting' word choices, but that article used correct punctuation and spelling. :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
stinger wrote:reads like something plugga wrote..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Not true Sting...

sure, some 'interesting' word choices, but that article used correct punctuation and spelling. :wink:

Now you are working with Stinger. Wow.

spert
Saintsational Legend

The quotations from Petracca and Pelchen in that article, would indicate that neither of them are able to use the English language to express themselves...:-))

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
Not true Sting...

Yes they are all against you P66. Victim mentality much?

Missing BigMart to bitch with? He is over at BigFooty, but please dont come over there, it hasn't be wrecked by people in constant pissing contests.

You are garbage - Enough said
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

That article doesn't make any sense at all. :shock:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
Not true Sting...

Missing BigMart to bitch with? He is over at BigFooty, but please dont come over there, it hasn't be wrecked by people in constant pissing contests.
Do you honestly think im upset? BM you were better when were the other nic. I laugh at many people. The new BM is funny. Victim mentality. Hilarious. I cant stop smiling as I write this. I will guess you are growling as you read this. I suppose the other option is to change my nic so people think im actually a different person. By the way I don't care if the other BM is here or not. Maybe you do as you mentioned him. Its been a fun day. A wake and now this stuff.

The funny thing is 2 people mention me but im the bad guy. Weird. And very inconsistent.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Who would you take,
A young pick No 11 - Sir Lenny Hayes or
Petracca.

Whoever we spend pick No 1 on, needs to be better than Lenny. (Is that possible)
Last edited by ace on Sat 18 Oct 2014 9:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Furphy wrote:
Austinnn wrote:OK, I tried to find the broader community's opinion on our Pet Raccoon, and I discovered this article on a website with the brilliant title of Executives News. At first I thought this was some mad new hardcore executive lingo that I'm a bit out of touch on, but inspecting closely it looks like a messed up double translation, possibly from Chinese or something.

Anyway here is, have a gander!

http://executivesnews.com/saints-set-to ... for-pick-1

Saints set to hit behind offers for collect 1

ST KILDA is approaching to continue knocking behind offers for a No. 1 breeze collect currently with a desired preference approaching to be used on bomb midfielder Christian Petracca.

Saints football trainer Chris Pelchen pronounced on radio he declined 3 offers for a cherished collect yesterday and approaching a “bidding frenzy” would continue in a rave to Thursday’s 2pm trade deadline. But it is believed a Saints will finish Greater Western Sydney’s debt on a tip collect after a enlargement bar used it to call a names of Jon Patton (2011), Lachie Whitfield (2012) and over spearhead Tom Boyd (2013). The Herald Sun believes a Giants done what they believed to be a inexhaustible offer to a Saints yesterday, though had it rejected. It is misleading if that offer came before GWS acquired a No. 6 preference from a Western Bulldogs as partial of a blockbuster Boyd trade though it is believed to have concerned mixed picks.

The Giants reason Nos. 4, 6 and 7 and are best-placed to trade with a Saints and have reliable seductiveness in winning rights to Petracca.

St Kilda ticked off a breeze design of securing a preference between their initial and second-round selections when they netted No. 21 from Geelong for Rhys Stanley on Wednesday. It means arch recruiter Tony Elshaug binds picks one, 21 and 22 during subsequent month’s draft, a year after he angled Jack Billings, Luke Dunstan and Blake Acres to kickstart a Saints’ revival. The Herald Sun suggested on Monday a Saints wish to beget 18 breeze selections inside a initial 3 rounds from 2013-16. But Petracca is firming as their male brazen of pivotal brazen Paddy McCartin, who had been related to a Saints as a Nick Riewoldt replacement.

Eastern Ranges product Petracca — who models his diversion on Jordan Lewis and Dustin Martin — blossomed as a full-time midfielder this year. He is rated by recruiting experts as a many special talent in a pool with his mixed of power, speed and goalsense creation him a formidable match-up. A hip problem could check Petracca’s lass AFL pre-season though he is approaching to make an impact in 2015. “My strengths are I’m means to win round on a inside though also widespread quickly,” Petracca said.

“I’m means to play mixed positions and it competence sound conceited though we arrange of do have a bit of X-Factor, we can flog those purchase goals.” Pelchen pronounced a deals knocked behind yesterday were “attractive offers” and enclosed mixed picks in a tip 15. “I’d contend seductiveness is flourishing rather than diminishing,” he told SEN.

“We’ve only declined on one sold offer as recently as a final hour, we’ve had dual offers put to us this morning, so I’d design that behest frenzy competence continue.” Pelchen pronounced a Saints would breeze a best accessible player, another denote Petracca is in their sights.

Originally published as Saints set to hit behind offers for collect 1
executives news Sports

Whoever wrote this article should be charged with attempted murder of the English language (male brazen of pivotal brazen?) :shock:
I agree, that was a crap read.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Sounds as though Petracca can't string a sentence together which is a worry. I'd like to know a bit more about Pelchan's purchase goals if anyone can enlighten me. I'm also a bit worried that our seductiveness is flourishing. Not something I think we need more of.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
Not true Sting...

Do you honestly think im upset? BM you were better when were the other nic. I laugh at many people. The new BM is funny. Victim mentality. Hilarious. I cant stop smiling as I write this. I will guess you are growling as you read this. I suppose the other option is to change my nic so people think im actually a different person. By the way I don't care if the other BM is here or not. Maybe you do as you mentioned him. Its been a fun day. A wake and now this stuff.

The funny thing is 2 people mention me but im the bad guy. Weird. And very inconsistent.
Bring back Oakleigh Boy

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
Not true Sting...

Apart from that clown Joffaboy. :mrgreen:

Not sure about height but Petracca looks a bit like Pavlich to me with the ability to perform longer midfield stints.
If he turns out to be anywhere near as good as Pavlich; i'd be happy.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

8856brother wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
Not true Sting...

That <edited> was a real <edited>!

One can only hope he had a <edited>

SaintSimmo
Club Player

I saw Petracca out tonight and had a chat with him, he said he thinks Saints will take Paddy at 1 instead of himself, but then after that he said he wasn't really sure. Was a great bloke though.

Sainter for life.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
Not true Sting...

From you reply I can tell you are very upset.

You are upset at Dave because you didn't agree with him during the draft period, you are upset at jaxons and tony74 because they steal your thunder you are upset at anyone that doesn't conform to your views.

Very strange to start accusing posters of working with each other. Sounds a bit paranoid. and to sit in front of your computer laughing to yourself sounds a little deranged if the truth is told.

Then to go on some sort of rant about old and new nics makes it sound like you are a bit threatened and also that there is more than a modicml of truth.

Oh P66 Like citywest, it wouldn't make a difference if you changed your nic or not, your posting style is so obvious and easily recognised. One of antagonism, contrarism, and petty jealousies.

Also you couldn't change your nic, you would lose your post count and that would be devestating :wink:

Have a nice time laughing to yourself and squabbling with everyone, you are so good at it :D

Oh on track of the OP, Petracca is very good.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

8856brother wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
Not true Sting...

No brother, a valued and highly regarded poster over there. Best part over there is that when you put someone on ignore you dont see any post or quote with their nic in it. That function would make this place much better.

Fidelis
Club Player

I spoke with one of Petracca's 2014 coaches this weekend and he's convinced me that we've got plenty to be excited about. Says that he's they type of player who will bring people through the gates just to see him play in a couple of years. Suggested that he rates him in front of Boyd and that we shouldn't be surprised to see the Saints offer him a Boyd-like deal early in his career. Also likes that he's got a bit of mongrel about him that there will be no way that he gets through his career without a suspension or two. Sold me.

Faithful Even Unto Death
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
Not true Sting...

From you reply I can tell you are very upset.

You are upset at Dave because you didn't agree with him during the draft period, you are upset at jaxons and tony74 because they steal your thunder you are upset at anyone that doesn't conform to your views.

Very strange to start accusing posters of working with each other. Sounds a bit paranoid. and to sit in front of your computer laughing to yourself sounds a little deranged if the truth is told.

Then to go on some sort of rant about old and new nics makes it sound like you are a bit threatened and also that there is more than a modicml of truth.

Oh P66 Like citywest, it wouldn't make a difference if you changed your nic or not, your posting style is so obvious and easily recognised. One of antagonism, contrarism, and petty jealousies.

Also you couldn't change your nic, you would lose your post count and that would be devestating :wink:

Have a nice time laughing to yourself and squabbling with everyone, you are so good at it :D

Oh on track of the OP, Petracca is very good.

2 people steal my thunder. Now that is funny. I did hear things years ago but don't now. I couldn't be less upset. The working with each other was a joke. You do understand humour don't you BM? Similar to a guy who changed his nic and now threatens people with warnings if they use the old nic. Its called one big joke. And you are right I about changing my nic as we can see that you changing your nic has changed your style. It just proves what I have said all along about you BM. The person who is writes on the computer is actually real so changing your nic doesn't change who you are.

Anyway I stand by what I said. I couldn't be less upset about people having a go at me otherwise why would I comment provocatively a lot of the time. What I do know is you get upset easily. That's you the real person who types because you the real person who types changed his nic because you was embarrassed after saying he would never post on here again. So instead of just telling people you changed your mind like 99% of others you change your nic and threaten people who call you the old nic with warnings. Couldn't get more childish but that's only my opinion.

But to the topic anyway. Cant comment on Petracca as I have seen him in 2 games on TV against kids his own age. Hope is is the next Judd or Hodge.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/st-kilda-s ... 186e5.html

"St Kilda spurned a Greater Western Sydney offer in which the Saints would have received picks 4 and 7 in the national draft in exchange for pick No. 1. The offer from GWS was made late in the exchange period, after the Giants had obtained picks 6 and 7 in trades from the Bulldogs and Carlton.

St Kilda, which had put the No. 1 pick on the trading block if it could find the right deal, decided against trading the top pick after recruiting staff decided that retaining access to the top two players in the draft was even more valuable than receiving pick No. 7.

GWS, which ended up with three selections inside the top 7 – Nos 4, 6 and 7 – as a result of trading Tom Boyd to the Bulldogs and Kristian Jaksch to Carlton – was surprised that the Saints did not accept its offer of picks 4 and 7 for No. 1. The Giants were believed to be keen to draft powerful young midfielder/forward Christian Petracca at No. 1.

St Kilda's head of football Chris Pelchen confirmed that the Saints had rejected an offer of multiple first round selections for pick No. 1, but would not elaborate or discuss the specific GWS offer."

....surprised???????.........surprised????????....surprised that we...just like them ..valued the no1 pick..more than picks 4 and 7......or surprised they couldn't bend us over...????????.... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

From watching the highlights I like the way Petracca is lightning quick to play on and spot an option. And you can see the basketball one-two mentality embedded. I don't think he'll be the type to hesitate on the ball. Very much looking forward to him, Dunstan, Armo and Steven in the middle of the park.

This period we've lost some big names but I think some new blokes have potential to fill the void.
Lenny - Dunstan
Dal - Billings
Goddard - Newnes
Reiwoldt - Petracca
Milne - Wright
Koschitzke - Tom Lee (intelligently designed to be controversial)

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:Sounds as though Petracca can't string a sentence together which is a worry. .
I would instead assume that the whole article including the quotes is a total stuff up. Spell checker or something else ran riot!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....