McCartin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: McCartin

@neil_saints: Sam McClure also said GWS offered picks 6 & 7 for pick 1. Not picks 4 & 7.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

It will be hilarious if we choose Petracca :shock:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

crippsy wrote:Who is going to "kick it to mccartin"? Who is petracca going to kick it to? Same einstein logic applies

I suppose the difference is Petracca may just kick the goal. Also Hogan would probably be pick one this year if he was in the draft. Actually he certainly would.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:Where would hawks be without Roughead?
Roughead is the MVP player of the AFL.
This decision to get McCartin is whats best for us. StKilda..
Yes Roughead would be good. But he could also be the next Watts.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Feel very disappointed and deflated

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Feel very disappointed and deflated
I'm feeling pumped.

Don't know which way it will go but we will get a brilliant young player into our ranks. And he will be the #1 pick Image

Yes everyone's all over CP. However our recruiting team is well resourced and highly professional. So IF in 48 hours time they call out PM, you can bet he's an exception young man.

falka
Club Player

i am in Petracca camp only because you can see the way footy is played these days. It's a mids game and you have to play many positions. Total Football!

Where does McCartin play? FF. that is all.
he is not beat available

Gonna be sickened to watch Petracca play for demons

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

And where would hawthorn be without there former number 1 midfielder in Luke Hodge?
Who has won two norm smith medals? Is it Hodge or Roughy?
Please choose Petracca guys

70s sainter
Club Player

I was just thinking , and i havent read this entire tread so not sure if its been covered already but what full forwards in the comp now would you consider worthy of being picked at number 1.
Because thats who Mc cartin has to be as good as if we pick him for it to be worth it.
eg is roughhead a pick 1 ?
most people would say buddy is worthy of pick 1........ so is mc cartin going to be as good as those two?????

evo
Club Player

:oops:
Last edited by evo on Tue 25 Nov 2014 9:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

evo
Club Player

:oops: :roll:
Last edited by evo on Tue 25 Nov 2014 9:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

busso mick
Club Player

From the Draft Hub on our website our recruitment team certainly appear to favour Christian over Paddy. Make of that what you will, but to me would indicate it will be Petracca who we will select.

evo
Club Player

Can I offer anyone a nice big bowl of sour grapes ?

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Razor wrote:Mccartin will be a bust. His highlights are laughable. All he does is run 20m leads in straight lines. There is nothing impressive about him at all.

Has anyone considered that our and other recruiters have seen a lot more of McCartin than his highlights reel?

falka
Club Player

70s sainter wrote:I was just thinking , and i havent read this entire tread so not sure if its been covered already but what full forwards in the comp now would you consider worthy of being picked at number 1.
Because thats who Mc cartin has to be as good as if we pick him for it to be worth it.
eg is roughhead a pick 1 ?
most people would say buddy is worthy of pick 1........ so is mc cartin going to be as good as those two?????
And he certainly doesn't have the motor, will be blown up at afl level. If he has groin and quad niggles now then he will be farked at afl level.

We have the slowest and poorest midfield in the league by so far it isn't funny. He ain't gonna help that.

with Petracca having immediate impact, it's going to be s hard few years to take.

Think we have over analysed the process.

noob
Club Player

Wasn't this year suppose to be best available and not based on needs? In fairness we need both. Were still well off rising up the ladder, so maybe its time to recruit a key position to develop? If we recruit a gun tall in a year or two maybe they won't be ready by the time we are playing finals?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Don't think I will ever recover if we take McCartin and he flops while Petracca becomes the gun that everybody is predicting.

We don't want to risk taking a raging bull mid/fwd with a hip problem, but we'll take the chance on an overweight, diabetic & injury prone full forward that is 3 inches shorter than the other key forwards coming through the system.

I'll be gutted if this happens.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:Don't think I will ever recover if we take McCartin and he flops while Petracca becomes the gun that everybody is predicting.

We don't want to risk taking a raging bull mid/fwd with a hip problem, but we'll take the chance on an overweight, diabetic & injury prone full forward that is 3 inches shorter than the other key forwards coming through the system.

prepare to be gutted

You are garbage - Enough said
crippsy
Club Player

dragit wrote:Don't think I will ever recover if we take McCartin and he flops while Petracca becomes the gun that everybody is predicting.

But what happens if we take petracca and mccartin is the best key forward in the competition and is intsrumental in winning premierships for melbourne? Same logic applies wouldnt want to elshaug at all but possibly that explains all the lengthy interviews with both

chook23
Saintsational Legend

If it is McCartin...Who leaked it to the Head of 3aw football

There is 5 in our recruiting area

If we pick McCartin someone from the club needs to get on the front foot and bounce this backflip claim from the media.

McCartin/Patracca considered

BUT IT WAS only McCartin who was locked in to the Number 1 at our final meeting of Wednesday last.

The backflip was a media claim only!!

I must admit that being on this site a lot expecting Patracca........

saint4life
dragit
Saintsational Legend

crippsy wrote:

But what happens if we take petracca and mccartin is the best key forward in the competition and is intsrumental in winning premierships for melbourne? Same logic applies wouldnt want to elshaug at all but possibly that explains all the lengthy interviews with both
The guy who is taken at pick 59 might become the best player in the comp, but right now we should take the player who is most likely to become the best - which has widely been accepted as petracca for months…

If we choose someone else and get it wrong we are a complete basket case.

70s sainter
Club Player

As far as size goes he is prob only 2-3 cm shorter than most of the gun forwards. What age do most people stop growing?

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Same recruiting team as last year from what I can tell. They got it pretty right last year so have a few credits in the bank I reckon. im wiling to back them in based on last years form.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

One player has committed to getting their tank up to scratch for a midfield role.
The other looks chubby
One plays a number of roles and kicks goals
The other plays one role and kicks goals
The more I think about it all with the way footy is played nowadays I will be very upset with Paddy

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Saints are playing ducks & drakes. A.R. mentioned three players, McCartin, Petracca and Brayshaw, so it will be none of them.
prepare to be surprised, maybe Emma Quayle is right when she says Peter Wright will be the best player over his career.