Eff me, Kardinia Park to get 70 million upgrade

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kardinia Park to get $70 million

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
Megamaguire wrote: They could even rent it out to the likes of us @ St.Kilda and we could do better than playing out of The Dome. :D

GO SAINTS!
They've already offered the Poodles $725,000 per home game if they shift some down there.

Whilst we are re-building, I reckon that we should take up the offer.

So for example, four games would be worth $3mil or more net to us... that'd make a nice hole in our debt. :idea:

Doing the sums:
$2.9mil from those four games,
but that 'net' result, factors in that those shifted games would have drawn less than the required 30,000 breakeven crowd at Dockedlands.
So for example, a 26,000 crowd at Dockedlands costs us ~$75K. :evil:
However, move that game to Hillbilly Stadium, and we're up a net $800K on that game.
Win win? Actually... lost turned into a win. 8-)

I know certain Saintsationalists maybe loath to travel beyond their ~15km radius comfort zone, but I'm sure there's gotta' be a KFC somewhere in Hillbillytown(?) :D

Hey, CW, this sort of suggestion is right up your alley. How come you haven't posted it yet? :wink:
Dave they aren't going to offer us the same as the WB who I gather is that pathetic name, poodles. Just because you mention things about 100 times doesn't make it right. It just makes it wrong 100 times. And speak English because the other crap is neither funny or clever, its just annoying for most humans.
(That's better laid out, now I can read who actually wrote what. :wink: )

P66, now that you've (once more) established that you do know what enemy team various terms of derision are referring to, :P
can you please elaborate on why the Hillbillies would not offer anyone money to shift some home matches down to you-know-where?

I mean, if their ground is vacant, and the Hillbillies stage some games there, and so turn a profit out of thin air...?

Surely you'd do the same in their situation???

I don't want to call you dumb but you are. The size of the crowd matters and we aren't going to get a crowd like the WB on the other side of the city. Luckily I doubt anyone has ever employed you. They couldn't be that silly.
P66, I realise that fighting 'battles' on multiple fronts is taxing on your time, but sometimes you do need to read what is written a bit more carefully before jumping in.

Under such an arrangement (as above), the size of the crowd would be the problem of the Hillbillies. We (or the Poodles, or anyone else who signed up) would just turn up and play.

Then go home with a massive profit... c/f paying out to Collo' :evil: for the 'privilege' of having played that same game at Dockedlands.

PS: Luckily for me, there're a couple of 'silly' people right now. But thank you for your concern.

PPS: Luckily for us, I doubt anyone at our club has ever employed you to be involved in planning out our future directions.

However, your involvement in the billeting of our players was a much better move. And why do you always deny something that you should be proud of? :? (Besides, there's that article that used to be on the club website to prove it. :idea: )
I say sincere kudos to you on that, P66. No reason to 'hide your light under a bushel'. (Sorry of you don't get that ref... it's biblical. :wink: )
You are a complete fool and Ibase that on nothing at all. I pity anyone who actually knows you. Get a life and quickly.
Whilst I'm getting another life P66, maybe you could put up a post that addresses the issues(?) There are currently several threads running in which you have yet to take up that 'opportunity'.

Here's how you could do it... :wink:

Re your and Jacks' concern, that's why I wrote the following sentence, and included the word 'if'...
"I mean, if their ground is vacant, and the Hillbillies stage some games there, and so turn a profit out of thin air...? "

So of course the Hillbillies would only do such a deal if there was some $$$ in it for them also. Yet they offered the Poodles $725K a game... and the Poodles very rarely draw significant crowds...

I haven't read the fine print (have you?), but the Poodles would hardly move some home games down there without a guaranteed significant financial pay-off. (Or is their management as incompetent as the Dreamon's recruiting department? :lol: )

PS: And I still say you shouldn't be in denial of your contributions to our club, P66. You should be proud. :D

Ive done nothing for the club. Maybe you have. Good on you if you have. And you aren't addressing the issues Dave. You are talking crap about playing games at Geelong and the JO. Neither will happen. You repeat the same crap over and over but its made up rubbish that could be shot down by a 5 year old. And I haven't read the fine print but I don't need to because you were the one making the silly statement.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Eff me, Kardinia Park to get 70 million upgrade

plugger66 wrote: The size of the crowd matters and we aren't going to get a crowd like the WB on the other side of the city.
That was the question, P66. And I addressed it (Twice including my earlier post... remember the purposeful use of the word 'if'?)
Dave McNamara wrote: Re your and Jacks' concern, that's why I wrote the following sentence, and included the word 'if'...
"I mean, if their ground is vacant, and the Hillbillies stage some games there, and so turn a profit out of thin air...? "

So of course the Hillbillies would only do such a deal if there was some $$$ in it for them also. Yet they offered the Poodles $725K a game... and the Poodles very rarely draw significant crowds...

I haven't read the fine print (have you?), but the Poodles would hardly move some home games down there without a guaranteed significant financial pay-off.
If (note that word again) there's money to be made for all parties involved, why wouldn't it be worth considering whilst we're on the re-build?

The Dockedlands deal is currently so bad that anything that even meant we paid out less money... may be worth considering. :roll:

Home games are meant to be the money spinners for a club! So P66, do you suggest we just stick with the status quo and keep forking out :evil: $75K for a crowd of 26,000, and gawd-knows how much more, for smaller crowds...?

As for your 'non' contributions to our club... are there two P66ers then...? :shock: :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote: The size of the crowd matters and we aren't going to get a crowd like the WB on the other side of the city.
That was the question, P66. And I addressed it (Twice including my earlier post... remember the purposeful use of the word 'if'?)
Dave McNamara wrote: Re your and Jacks' concern, that's why I wrote the following sentence, and included the word 'if'...

I haven't read the fine print (have you?), but the Poodles would hardly move some home games down there without a guaranteed significant financial pay-off.
If (note that word again) there's money to be made for all parties involved, why wouldn't it be worth considering whilst we're on the re-build?

The Dockedlands deal is currently so bad that anything that even meant we paid out less money... may be worth considering. :roll:

Home games are meant to be the money spinners for a club! So P66, do you suggest we just stick with the status quo and keep forking out :evil: $75K for a crowd of 26,000, and gawd-knows how much more, for smaller crowds...?

As for your 'non' contributions to our club... are there two P66ers then...? :shock: :D
Stop talking crap about helping the club Dave because I never have apart from buying a membership. As for Kardinia park well its never been offered and we have never asked so im guessing this again is just some made up crap that like playing at the JO, has no hope of happening. And please try and speak in English. I don't think I have seen one poster say they enjoy these stupid words you come up with.

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Plugger if you think Daves language is stupid you should read his views on his Port Arthur massacre conspiracy that he posted on this site not only is he stupid he is a total loon but maybe writing the same old crap on a forum over and over and over is his therapists strategy so Dave doesn't have to annoy people face to face .

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Joe Bloggs wrote:Plugger if you think Daves language is stupid you should read his views on his Port Arthur massacre conspiracy that he posted on this site not only is he stupid he is a total loon but maybe writing the same old crap on a forum over and over and over is his therapists strategy so Dave doesn't have to annoy people face to face .
:D

Jumping straight in. Way to go Joe! Welcome (or is it welcome back?) to the forum.

I'm very chuffed that for reasons unknown, you could be bothered searching back to March last year. I wish I could take the original credit for finding the analysis quoted from, but here it is for those interested. See what you think...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79712&p=1309472&hil ... r#p1309472

Summary:
A left handed, intellectually handicaped (Travis cloke-esque IQ of 66), and physically invalided, gun novice,
fired from the right hip,
and achieved a kill rate that would place him amongst the top 20 elite special ops level marksmen in the world,
and, despite having supposedly eaten there first... left no finger prints...

Regardless though of whoever the actual shooter may be, that 'elite talent' should not be rotting in a jail cell when we have wars to fight in(!) :idea:

So Joe, as it would be off topic in this thread, please feel free to bump that old one. It's an interesting topic.

And keep posting. :D

Back on topic:

Firstly, I have addressed the issues re some potential home games in Hillbybillyland.
The financial figures why we have to do something about the financial cost (as in cost, not profit :evil: ) of home games at Dockedlands, are clear and compelling... and that's before we consider our club's $9 million debt. :shock:

Secondly. P66, do you know Jack, Lenny, Tom Simpkin, Heyney, Nick Winmar, Mark Hutchins, Jamie Cripps, Ferg'...? I also believe that... 'a house was built'? :wink:

I'll leave it at that. Have no intention of 'outting' you, but am a tad confused as to why the on-going denials of something plenty on here already know to be true. (Hey, it sure ain't no 'state secret'.) Something that I reckon you should be proud of, in that you've helped our club out over the years.

So my parting remark on that is, whether you agree or not, is... kudos P66! :idea:

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
Joe Bloggs wrote:Plugger if you think Daves language is stupid you should read his views on his Port Arthur massacre conspiracy that he posted on this site not only is he stupid he is a total loon but maybe writing the same old crap on a forum over and over and over is his therapists strategy so Dave doesn't have to annoy people face to face .
:D

Jumping straight in. Way to go Joe! Welcome (or is it welcome back?) to the forum.

I'm very chuffed that for reasons unknown, you could be bothered searching back to March last year. I wish I could take the original credit for finding the analysis quoted from, but here it is for those interested. See what you think...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79712&p=1309472&hil ... r#p1309472

Summary:
A left handed, intellectually handicaped (Travis cloke-esque IQ of 66), and physically invalided, gun novice,
fired from the right hip,
and achieved a kill rate that would place him amongst the top 20 elite special ops level marksmen in the world,
and, despite having supposedly eaten there first... left no finger prints...

Regardless though of whoever the actual shooter may be, that 'elite talent' should not be rotting in a jail cell when we have wars to fight in(!) :idea:

So Joe, as it would be off topic in this thread, please feel free to bump that old one. It's an interesting topic.

And keep posting. :D

Back on topic:

Firstly, I have addressed the issues re some potential home games in Hillbybillyland.
The financial figures why we have to do something about the financial cost (as in cost, not profit :evil: ) of home games at Dockedlands, are clear and compelling... and that's before we consider our club's $9 million debt. :shock:

Secondly. P66, do you know Jack, Lenny, Tom Simpkin, Heyney, Nick Winmar, Mark Hutchins, Jamie Cripps, Ferg'...? I also believe that... 'a house was built'? :wink:

I'll leave it at that. Have no intention of 'outting' you, but am a tad confused as to why the on-going denials of something plenty on here already know to be true. (Hey, it sure ain't no 'state secret'.) Something that I reckon you should be proud of, in that you've helped our club out over the years.

So my parting remark on that is, whether you agree or not, is... kudos P66! :idea:

You have officially lost the plot on 2 fronts. Firstly that Martin Bryant didn't kill the people at Port Arthor and secondly about those names and me helping the club. How would you know who I am and I doubt you get together with other posters to discuss me or if you do then you have some real problems. Actually I think that's confirmed by the Martin Bryant. I actually live next door to Kim Sportans parents and as you know Kim is married to Walter Mikac. Now Im sure he would interested in your theory. I have never seen Walter angry but if he read you crap about that im sure he would punch you right in the face. I think you have completely lost the plot Dave. Get some treatment please.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

From what I've ever seen from Walter Mikac from the moment he lost his wife and two young children has been dignity and courage.

A person could not keep the hate and carry on the way he has done so. He would have gone mad.

I doubt a person with the character ofMr Mikac would ver bother about crackpot theories P66.

You are garbage - Enough said
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: You have officially lost the plot on 2 fronts. Firstly that Martin Bryant didn't kill the people at Port Arthor and secondly about those names and me helping the club. How would you know who I am and I doubt you get together with other posters to discuss me or if you do then you have some real problems. Actually I think that's confirmed by the Martin Bryant. I actually live next door to Kim Sportans parents and as you know Kim is married to Walter Mikac. Now Im sure he would interested in your theory. I have never seen Walter angry but if he read you crap about that im sure he would punch you right in the face. I think you have completely lost the plot Dave. Get some treatment please.
Front 1:
Uhmmm, where have I (or anyone else) ever called for a mass murderer to get off scott free??? :?

If you do read the link P66, you'll see a lot of questions raised. 'Elite' shooting from the hip, the right hip, by a left handed bloke with little guns training, and an IQ of 66. (Average IQ is around 100, you need ~80 to function... ) No finger prints found in the cafe. (From memory) no open public trial.

Surely all involved want the right person punished for those crimes(?) And if someone is being used as a patsy to let someone else get off scott free, then Walter may well end up wanting to punch quite a few faces.

It could all be crap, P66. I can't speak for Walter, but if I'd lost loved ones in that shooting, I would want to be asking a few questions just to make damn sure. :idea:

Point 2:
I remain surprised at your stance on that one, P66. (SA. :idea: ) I can easily prove it all... but publishing your :idea: PM on a public forum without permission, is against SS rules... as I believe it should be. So I won't ever be doing that.
So why not instead just accept your deserved kudos, and move on? :?

(Oh, wait. I get it! I'm being slow again. :oops:

It's all to do with the P66 'issues' with accepting anything that even faintly/vaguely/maybe/probably not but you can't be too cautious resembles a positive vibe directed at you.)

Back on topic:
Our Dockedlands home games deal is slowly bleeding us dry. :evil: You don't particularly like the various other home game staging scenarios that have been proposed by a range of fellow Saintsationalists. So, genuine question, any other suggestions?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote: You have officially lost the plot on 2 fronts. Firstly that Martin Bryant didn't kill the people at Port Arthor and secondly about those names and me helping the club. How would you know who I am and I doubt you get together with other posters to discuss me or if you do then you have some real problems. Actually I think that's confirmed by the Martin Bryant. I actually live next door to Kim Sportans parents and as you know Kim is married to Walter Mikac. Now Im sure he would interested in your theory. I have never seen Walter angry but if he read you crap about that im sure he would punch you right in the face. I think you have completely lost the plot Dave. Get some treatment please.
Front 1:
Uhmmm, where have I (or anyone else) ever called for a mass murderer to get off scott free??? :?

If you do read the link P66, you'll see a lot of questions raised. 'Elite' shooting from the hip, the right hip, by a left handed bloke with little guns training, and an IQ of 66. (Average IQ is around 100, you need ~80 to function... ) No finger prints found in the cafe. (From memory) no open public trial.

Surely all involved want the right person punished for those crimes(?) And if someone is being used as a patsy to let someone else get off scott free, then Walter may well end up wanting to punch quite a few faces.

It could all be crap, P66. I can't speak for Walter, but if I'd lost loved ones in that shooting, I would want to be asking a few questions just to make damn sure. :idea:

Point 2:
I remain surprised at your stance on that one, P66. (SA. :idea: ) I can easily prove it all... but publishing your :idea: PM on a public forum without permission, is against SS rules... as I believe it should be. So I won't ever be doing that.
So why not instead just accept your deserved kudos, and move on? :?

(Oh, wait. I get it! I'm being slow again. :oops:

It's all to do with the P66 'issues' with accepting anything that even faintly/vaguely/maybe/probably not but you can't be too cautious resembles a positive vibe directed at you.)

Back on topic:
Our Dockedlands home games deal is slowly bleeding us dry. :evil: You don't particularly like the various other home game staging scenarios that have been proposed by a range of fellow Saintsationalists. So, genuine question, any other suggestions?

Point one. Walter Mikac is 100% sure the right person was put in jail and I think he may have a little more knowledge that you on the subject. matter of fact a little more than just about anyone on the topic but you continue your fantasy. And point 2 dave probably just proves you believe anything you read. That was completely made up. My best mate is actually the guy who took people in and that's fact and that's why I have met a few players. None have ever lived in a house that I I have lived in. I have 2 suggestions from that though Dave. Don't believe anything I write in a PM and secondly if it was true then I suggest a PM sent to you should remain private and that means everything written in it. In this case because I was bullshitting I don't care but there maybe times that you are sent stuff that you shouldn't mention. Its very poor form Dave.

And on topic I suggest we negotiate with the AFL for more money and forget any ideas of playing games all over the place. All that will do is upset the some stuck on supporters. The AFL are never going to let us fold whilst there is TV deals in place.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Take it from me as someone who has direct knowledge of the investigation and the investigators. Martin Bryant did it. You don't need a high IQ to pull a trigger. There is debate about what Bryant's IQ is. In my experience as a homicide investigator, the defence often went the low IQ argument to show their client lacked the "mens rea" or guilty mind needed to commit the offence. Bryant was a cunning bastard, who was smart enough to dupe his elderly female friend out of her estate. He's a dog, who is now on a thirty paddle pop a day habit. Weighing in at around 150 kg ATM. Hopefully will die of a heart attack soon. Good riddance.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Take it from me as someone who has direct knowledge of the investigation and the investigators. Martin Bryant did it. You don't need a high IQ to pull a trigger. There is debate about what Bryant's IQ is. In my experience as a homicide investigator, the defence often went the low IQ argument to show their client lacked the "mens rea" or guilty mind needed to commit the offence. Bryant was a cunning bastard, who was smart enough to dupe his elderly female friend out of her estate. He's a dog, who is now on a thirty paddle pop a day habit. Weighing in at around 150 kg ATM. Hopefully will die of a heart attack soon. Good riddance.
Thanks for that, WW. Good to hear from someone 'connected'... seeing as P66 has advised us not to believe anything he writes... if we can believe that. :wink:

So are you familiar with the article linked above? The authour certainly knows his stuff in terms of being able to put together a very comprehensive and thorough case. So the question is, is his case, whilst impressive, still false/made-up/embellished...?

I ask, purely in terms of justice, not to get a killer off. (A point that seems to have been missed.)

plugger66 wrote: And point 2 dave probably just proves you believe anything you read. That was completely made up. My best mate is actually the guy who took people in and that's fact and that's why I have met a few players. None have ever lived in a house that I I have lived in. I have 2 suggestions from that though Dave. Don't believe anything I write in a PM and secondly if it was true then I suggest a PM sent to you should remain private and that means everything written in it. In this case because I was bullshitting I don't care but there maybe times that you are sent stuff that you shouldn't mention. Its very poor form Dave.
I most certainly did not breach any PM confidentialities, P66!

If I had, your hard-to-fathom charade would be blown out of the water.
If I had, I'd have posted a link and the title of a certain article... an article I still think you should be proud of...

plugger66 wrote:And on topic I suggest we negotiate with the AFL for more money and forget any ideas of playing games all over the place. All that will do is upset the some stuck on supporters. The AFL are never going to let us fold whilst there is TV deals in place.
Good to get back on topic. :D

Fair point.

Unlike some, I'm not too worried, that after surviving over 140 years of this sort of thing, our beloved club will fold.

My concern is that if we continue as before, our results will be the same. We'll bump along the bottom, with the occasion rises, and the very very occasional GF appearances.

Given how hard it is for any club to win a GF, I see it as a numbers game. The more times you're up, the more times that can filter into playing in a GF. And of course, the more times you're there on that one day in September...

So to stop perennially struggling, with the occasion serious challenge ('when the stars all align'),
and invert that,
into perennially challenging, with the occasional drop down the ladder (as is the mode for the power clubs), I see financial strength as an imperative.

I know that everyone has the same salary cap, but it's the money for the 'extras'... facilities, staff, recruiters who can scour the whole country, and 'influence'... the clout to be able to stand up to the AFL over any issue that adversely affects us... see Unsteady Eddie and his Skunks. :evil:

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Hi Dave, I know it is easy to get into the conspiracy theories in these things. Bryant is one of those people that is easy to put on the list of those that "May" have done it. From my perspective, too many witnessed him pulling the trigger to absolve him. He's a dead set, certain perpetrator. I know the theory of multiple gunmen is always going to haunt us, but in this case, I think we can put I to rest.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!