Tim Membrey lot to like???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tim Membrey lot to like???

Well this is what knightmare said about Membrey back in his 2012 Phantom Draft.
Sorry if already posted.
#23 Brisbane (Compensation Pick) - Tim Membrey (VIC - Fwd)
Height: 188cm, Weight: 87kg, DOB: 26/05/1994
Recruited from: Gippsland Power
Style:
Player comparison: Jack Darling
Range: 11-40
Profile: Strong, ready to go forward. Real leader by example and one of those types who demands respect. Has to this point in time played as a key forward but projects as more of a 3rd tall at his height. Has the ability to play right away with his strong, man’s body. Big contested marking target up forward who hits the scoreboard with regularity and has produced some big goal hauls. Very strong mark on the lead. Set shot goal kicking very good and knows where the goals are. Membrey is physically very strongly built so his impact for a forward looks like it could be more immediate than the next player. Membrey’s production and presence up forward is un-ignorable. While he hasn’t had much opportunity through the midfield I would be drafting him to be developed into a strong bodied inside midfielder. Has the skillset and as well as the physicality to thrive in this role but having played mostly forward this year it is still an unknown
Also noteworthy

2012 Leading goal kickers TAC CUP

T Membrey 45 (13 games)
T Boyd 44 (15)
S White 36 (16)
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Mon 10 Nov 2014 6:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Well this what knightmare said about Membrey back in his 2012 Phantom Draft.
Sorry if already posted.
Style:
Profile: Strong, ready to go forward. Real leader by example and one of those types who demands respect. Has to this point in time played as a key forward but projects as more of a 3rd tall at his height. Has the ability to play right away with his strong, man’s body. Big contested marking target up forward who hits the scoreboard with regularity and has produced some big goal hauls. Very strong mark on the lead. Set shot goal kicking very good and knows where the goals are. Membrey is physically very strongly built so his impact for a forward looks like it could be more immediate than the next player. Membrey’s production and presence up forward is un-ignorable. While he hasn’t had much opportunity through the midfield I would be drafting him to be developed into a strong bodied inside midfielder. Has the skillset and as well as the physicality to thrive in this role but having played mostly forward this year it is still an unknown
Good Junior CV, nothing to show yet since he's been in the AFL system. hopefully in 2015 he shows some promise...

Also noteworthy

T Membrey 45 (13 games)
T Boyd 44 (15)
S White 36 (16)

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Gershwin
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Well this what knightmare said about Membrey back in his 2012 Phantom Draft.
Sorry if already posted.
Style:
Good Junior CV, nothing to show yet since he's been in the AFL system. hopefully in 2015 he shows some promise...

Also noteworthy

T Membrey 45 (13 games)
T Boyd 44 (15)
S White 36 (16)
Interesting that the indicative Draft Range was 11-40 and he went at 46. We took Wright, White, Murdoch and Saunders when we could have taken him.

I think he is worth a speculative pick-up but certainly not seeing him as the next messiah.

summertime and the living is easy ........
Winmar
Club Player

It says he's a very strong mark on the lead, which is a bonus. On a lead it doesn't really matter how tall you are.

Stian
Club Player

Did you notice the comment in that phantom draft: "I would be drafting him to be developed into a strong bodied inside midfielder. Has the skillset and as well as the physicality to thrive in this role but having played mostly forward this year it is still an unknown."

From some of the comments that Membrey made in his interview on the Club website, it seems that the staff have the plan to develop him in that inside midfielder role. That would make his ability to be a dependable strong-bodied "occasional forward" just the icing on the cake.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

If there's one thing we need, it's more inside midfielders.

Stian
Club Player

bergholt wrote:If there's one thing we need, it's more inside midfielders.
Hmmm, OK I'll wear that but it seems that Membrey would not be one dimensional in his game. Just looking for the positives :|

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

bergholt wrote:If there's one thing we need, it's more inside midfielders.
Can't have too many inside mids, Bergs.

Someones gotta get it out on a platter to the receivers. :mrgreen:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Jimmy O'Dea
Club Player

Stian wrote:Did you notice the comment in that phantom draft: "I would be drafting him to be developed into a strong bodied inside midfielder. Has the skillset and as well as the physicality to thrive in this role but having played mostly forward this year it is still an unknown."

From some of the comments that Membrey made in his interview on the Club website, it seems that the staff have the plan to develop him in that inside midfielder role. That would make his ability to be a dependable strong-bodied "occasional forward" just the icing on the cake.
Does not use the ball well enough and does not have the ability to play midfield at an AFL level. There is nothing wrong with that as he will be somewhere between our 20th and 40th best player on our list and hopefully improves so he can play a role.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Jimmy O'Dea wrote:
Stian wrote:Did you notice the comment in that phantom draft: "I would be drafting him to be developed into a strong bodied inside midfielder. Has the skillset and as well as the physicality to thrive in this role but having played mostly forward this year it is still an unknown."

Does not use the ball well enough and does not have the ability to play midfield at an AFL level. There is nothing wrong with that as he will be somewhere between our 20th and 40th best player on our list and hopefully improves so he can play a role.
ouch

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

A lot to like about Membrey imo. I'm not sure he needs to be able to play midfield. He kicks goals. Lets let stick to his strengths. A fureure fwd line with White, Templeton Billings, Membrey in it looks like the beginnings of something dangerous.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-16/t ... he-membrey

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Unless Sipposs fills the pot in potential, sounds like bye bye Arryn if Membrey secures a top 22 spot.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Set the IQ for fox footy next Thursday night. Membrey's only game against Essendon. 11:30 PM

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

It seems like he was recruited to be our third tall in the forward line - but from what I have read here it seems like he can play as a tall inside midfielder. If true this could help Billings and Dunstan.
If we finish on the bottom again (which is what many tip us to do) we will probably go for the best midfielder in the comp anyway, so it could be a moot point, but if he can play both roles he could be a very handy, versatile player for us.

Also; FWIW I don't think people on here should be potting one of our new players on the basis of what he looks like especially if he's only a young guy - remember Tim Elliot anyone?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:It seems like he was recruited to be our third tall in the forward line - but from what I have read here it seems like he can play as a tall inside midfielder. If true this could help Billings and Dunstan.
If we finish on the bottom again (which is what many tip us to do) we will probably go for the best midfielder in the comp anyway, so it could be a moot point, but if he can play both roles he could be a very handy, versatile player for us.

Also; FWIW I don't think people on here should be potting one of our new players on the basis of what he looks like especially if he's only a young guy - remember Tim Elliot anyone?

He said he thinks he could play as a mid but he thinks it more likely that he plays as a forward with maybe a bit of scope to move around a bit. I guess like Stevie J and Ryan O'Keefe he would probably have a bit of a licence to run which if you aren't a KPP these days you are expected to do anyway.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:It seems like he was recruited to be our third tall in the forward line - but from what I have read here it seems like he can play as a tall inside midfielder. If true this could help Billings and Dunstan.

He said he thinks he could play as a mid but he thinks it more likely that he plays as a forward with maybe a bit of scope to move around a bit. I guess like Stevie J and Ryan O'Keefe he would probably have a bit of a licence to run which if you aren't a KPP these days you are expected to do anyway.
Jack Darling has a bit of a licence to run around these days. Id imagine Membrey would be in a similar role. Primarily as a third tall, but could go for a short burst on the ball to get him or us in the game potentially.

Most likely we will see him bunkered down in the forward line

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
arpstk
Club Player

Does Dane Swan have tatts?? Any others?