Tomy Lee article

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Tomy Lee article

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tomy Lee article

Why does AR want to play him in the ruck?

I get that u want a pinch hitter... But he aint a ruck. Why set him up to fail

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Why does AR want to play him in the ruck?

Totally agree. Its a bloody hard job to pinch hit in the ruck and then tr and play as a leading forward. He doesn't strike me as the fittest player anyway. Bruce is bigger and better. To be honest I still don't see how Lee plays.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

tommy's not a ruckman's arsehole......not much better yesterday as a forward...or back...total fail actually

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

I think Richo is doing some experimenting, seeing what everyone is capable of which I applaud. Some things will work, some won't. With Stanley gone, if they don't want to play two rucks, someone has to do some relief rucking. Its good completion for Bruce. With relief rucking you're not expected to dominate, just give a bit of contest. I don't think it hurts Tommy to have another bow in his weaponry.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:

I think Richo is doing some experimenting, seeing what everyone is capable of which I applaud. Some things will work, some won't. With Stanley gone, if they don't want to play two rucks, someone has to do some relief rucking. Its good completion for Bruce. With relief rucking you're not expected to dominate, just give a bit of contest. I don't think it hurts Tommy to have another bow in his weaponry.

The problem is he looks as capable in the ruck as Billings would. I think we need to forget about Lee doing that job and try someone else. We should have known this last year. He tried and failed last year. We may see the problem with Stanley going.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Agreed Lee shouldnt be rucking. I believe his best position in the AFL would be in defence...where he has the ball and game in front of him, but they all cant play defence.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

On paper the assessments (made above by many) of Tom Lee as a ruckman make sense... not big enough... even more not big enough (if you know what I mean) in his previous seasons with us.

However, just have a closer look at how he actually goes in the ruck contests. To my surprise, he wins a few. But most importantly IMHO, Tommy doesn't allow the opposing ruckman to tap it down the throat of one of their players. And for mine, that's all I ask of our ruckmen... any more than that being a most welcome bonus.

Sure, he didn't do a lot on Saturday. But with the limited opportunities, aside from Bruce in the last quarter, none of our forwards saw much of it. But as Verdun posted (elsewhere) Tommy did some good things. Like Acres, he didn't quite hang on to a couple of pack marks which would really have changed people's assessment of this game, but (for both of 'em) I reckon that'll come. Best of all though, Tommy put on some strong tackles, and seemed to be playing with a bit more physicality.

I reckon we just need a little patience with Tom. He'll repay us. Remember, this is his first season of footy in which he's been able to present with an AFL level of fitness and body strength. (I'm also hopeful that as of next season/2016, the same will apply re Spencaaaaarrrrhhhhhh.)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote: The problem is he looks as capable in the ruck as Billings would.
I agree. As soon as Billing's hamstring is better we should put him in the ruck and see what he can do.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Lonie for me our first ruck.

Seriously though, I wont be surprised at the end of the season who is considered our best ruckman. I dont think there is very much between Hickey, Longer, Holmes and Pearce at this stage.