Sandy v Port practice match

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Re: Sandy v Port practice match

I think we could do with a new forward coach , Milne and roo have been the only decent forwards we have had , Stanley White , lee all with good attributes can't get close to any goals and now our number one draft pick can't get a kick in a practice game ...what's going on ?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Joe Bloggs wrote:I think we could do with a new forward coach , Milne and roo have been the only decent forwards we have had , Stanley White , lee all with good attributes can't get close to any goals and now our number one draft pick can't get a kick in a practice game ...what's going on ?
In fairness Paddy had 10 disposals and should have kicked the first goal of the match. The G Train went ok not tht long ago as well.

SS Life Member

Rick88 wrote:Lee has been no good today. More likely to cement himself as a KPP for Sandy Development Squad.
I wonder if he was a bit sulky having to play back? He strikes me as the type of lad that has an ego re playing forward. Sounds like his opponent have him he the kick in the arse he needed - hopefully he can pich his lip up and make a name for himself down back!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I am on ticketek online purchasing tickets for the Billings Wagon (not many seats left). Ill also take a spot up the front of the DMac steam train.
Still plenty of tickets available for the Acres Van as well.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

I'm with Con. And I am particularly stoked to see Acres get a good run. It doesn't take too much imagination to see the future with him.

Always loyal
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

The most pleasing thing for me was how comfortable Billings and Acres were playing in the midfield. Both worked beautifully in heavy traffic and importantly used the ball well. There was one passage of play in the last qtr where Billings won the ball in traffic, burst through the middle, Acres, playing on the wing took off, billings kicked a beautiful pass out in front of acres who ran on to it and slotted a great goal from outside 50.
Don't discount josh Saunders either. He was fantastic and would've had more than 20 disposals and kicked a goal

stkfc1
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:The most pleasing thing for me was how comfortable Billings animportant linkslaying in the midfield. Both worked beautifully in heavy traffic and importantly used the ball well. There was one passage of play in the last qtr where Billings won the ball in trafficaround burst through the middle, Acres, playing on the wing took off, billings kicked a beautiful pass out in front of acres who ran on to it and slotted a great goal from outside 50.
Don't discount josh Saunders either. He was fantastic and would've had more than 20 disposals and kicked a goal

Really hope Saunders comes on. He's got all the attributes we need. Goes hard at the ball but more importantly, has got some real toe. If he can clean up his disposal we could really use his outside run but also his manic attack in close. Just needs to be smarter and as stated before, cleaner with his ball use. Somtimes he's running around like a headless chook and then kicks it between two saints, straight to the opposition. Hope he has a good season.

stkfc1
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:The most pleasing thing for me was how comfortable Billings animportant linkslaying in the midfield. Both worked beautifully in heavy traffic and importantly used the ball well. There was one passage of play in the last qtr where Billings won the ball in trafficaround burst through the middle, Acres, playing on the wing took off, billings kicked a beautiful pass out in front of acres who ran on to it and slotted a great goal from outside 50.

Really hope Saunders comes on. He's got all the attributes we need. Goes hard at the ball but more importantly, has got some real toe. If he can clean up his disposal we could really use his outside run but also his manic attack in close. Just needs to be smarter and as stated before, cleaner with his ball use. Somtimes he's running around like a headless chook and then kicks it between two saints, straight to the opposition. Hope he has a good season.

Milne
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote: Still plenty of tickets available for the Acres Van as well.
I am definitely on board with Acres train. Can't wait to see him playing regularly in the firsts.

Billings will definitely be back next week, glad he got through the game ok!

arpstk
Club Player

brilliant shots dsav

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i like sauders

couldnt fit em all in if fit imo
saunders billings acres webster hicky

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Well, it sounds like Tommy Lee has been a waste of a draft pick. Shame, but I kind of guessed that he wouldn't make it. That makes it Maister, Dennis-Lane, Milera, Lee , Rhys Stanley and Tom Lynch who haven't made it after being drafted as forwards. And having seen almost nothing of Spencer White, I am starting to fear that he might not make it either. White would have been handy in the second quarter today if he was up to it, too.
I am starting to wonder if this might not be the fault of the individual but a failure of the club to develop raw talent. If White doesn't make it I think the forward line coach(es) need to answer some questions.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Lee sounds like he's continuing his woeful 2014 form.

He may need to see a good shrink to turn it around.
Fair to say that if you are 24 and battling in the VFL your AFL dream is over.
He has never shown anything even remotely approaching AFL standard skills and ability, IMHO.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Lee sounds like he's continuing his woeful 2014 form.

He may need to see a good shrink to turn it around.
Fair to say that if you are 24 and battling in the VFL your AFL dream is over.
He has never shown anything even remotely approaching AFL standard skills and ability, IMHO.

Lets hope we are all wrong but he does need to lift. Playing him FB isn't a good sign though. No idea what the shrink comment even means. Sounds completely stupid and unfair on the person.