Josh Bruce has gone mad.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Josh Bruce has gone mad.

Bruce's payback on Bugg was just what we needed in the context of the game and season. Need the boys standing up for each other. Very happy with it. It was no more costly than any free we gave away - with a lot more gained than lost. Loved it!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saynta
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:One of the best marks I have seen at our club for a while but he had no excuse to miss that important goal and even less excuse to give Bugg a down the ground free. Bet AR wasn't happy about either of them.
He had some excuse for dropping Bugg let's not be a total clown. Bugg and GWS needed to be shown that wasn't on.
That's a plus one from me.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:No problem with splattering the Bugg after his disgraceful cheap shot.

In the context of the game it was not on. In the context of where our club's development is, it was terrific.

It say, you try to bully, and take out our leaders, you will cop it back. You will probably beat us as we are young inexperienced and lacking polish, but dont try that cheapshot s***.

It says young leaders likeBruce and Mav Weller (who flew the flag as well) will protect their mates.

Anyone who thinks its OK to see your inspirational captain taken out by a charge in the back and the team meekly allos it to happen, really has little or no respect for our team or Riewoldt.

Wouldn't want to be in the trenches with that type of person. SHows a bit of a lack of ticker in my opinion
So you think I have no respect for Rooy or the club? Huge call when you have never met me. Im sorry if I have a different opinion to you. I still say our coach wouldn't want it either. And you have no idea of my ticker. happy to have a drink with you so that you can see my ticker. You got that other personality on this week BM. Its hard to catch sometimes.
Did I mention you?
You really have a huge chip on your shoulder and think everything is about you?

And I would not drink with someone who makes veiled threats of violence on an internet forum.

You would only know if you have respect for Riewoldt or not. I am entitled tomy opinion without some strange egotist thinking every single post is directed towards them.

Good on you for once again wrecking a thread and making it all about yourself. Gunna make another threat?

Fair dinkum, you really need to get over yourself
Only a fair-dinky-dy leftie has the temerity or plain irrationality to think that others make everything about them.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion only if you agree with me!! If not, I will get aggressive like the generations of retards who protested everything because they were too lazy to do anything substantial in life.

AR probably would not have been happy. I guess if one is to give away a free kick they might as well make it count.

Bruce is good. Real good. He is an aggressive player and like Maverick Weller yesterday, they were some of our better players.

Play with aggression, go forward. Compare to some of the pussy-footing players that went backward causing additional grief.

<warning issued for baiting as a part of an ongoing dispute>

If you tease, mock or bait another poster, or abuse them, OR repeatedly revisit past disagreements causing or creating an ongoing dispute between one or more posters, this is regarded as a breach of rules in the Fan Forum and will result in the issuing of a Saintsational warning. Such ongoing disputes can result in multiple breaches and can result in multiple Saintsational warnings.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

His weakness is his kicking, does that only matter with some?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

What is the likelihood of Riewoldt bring ruled out with concussion this week. As I recall it the new rules regarding concussions are fairly strict and fairly specific. Or wasn't he concussed?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:What is the likelihood of Riewoldt bring ruled out with concussion this week. As I recall it the new rules regarding concussions are fairly strict and fairly specific. Or wasn't he concussed?
He wasn't concussed.

bigcarl wrote:What is the likelihood of Riewoldt bring ruled out with concussion this week. As I recall it the new rules regarding concussions are fairly strict and fairly specific. Or wasn't he concussed?

I think only his back was concussed.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:His weakness is his kicking, does that only matter with some?
He's not a great kick for goal, true, but neither is Riewoldt. At this stage the most important thing is that he (Bruce) can actually get the pill and make a contest. He gives us another strong target, which is very important to stop exessive focus on Riewoldt.

I reckon we can get another tall forward in there as well. Either White or McCartin, as Bruce will have second ruck duties to attend to

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Someone said his eyes were rolling around in the back of his head

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Only because his back was killing him from what I saw.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Only because his back was killing him from what I saw.
Ok that's a relief

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Geary and Shenton yes. Roo no.

Kicked 2 from 3 set shots yesterday, including one from 50. Will be happy with that output if it continues. He will hurt the opposition physically, and if all goes well, on the scoreboard as well.

Geary badly missed his one opportunity yesterday on top of butchering it around the ground on a few occasions. He sadly will never be a great kick, but he is in the side for his other attributes, which is his run, hardness and leadership. I'm sure the people who count at the club love the way he plays. I bet they also wish he was a better disposer of the pill.

All great sides have physical intimidators and make a stance when they have to.
With a young list word gets around the small football community if we were a side that didn't stand up to physical challenges.
What Bruce did was tremendous and today at Moorabbin there was a kids clinic & Rooey stated how great he felt as Captain to have players like Bruce to stand up for his mates.

We wont win many games in the next 2 years but we start building a culture like we did with Saints Footy.

We don't want undisciplined acts but sometimes you need to make a statement.

I still cringe at 97 when they poleaxed Harvey at the bounce & no one did anything.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote:All great sides have physical intimidators and make a stance when they have to.
With a young list word gets around the small football community if we were a side that didn't stand up to physical challenges.
What Bruce did was tremendous and today at Moorabbin there was a kids clinic & Rooey stated how great he felt as Captain to have players like Bruce to stand up for his mates.

We wont win many games in the next 2 years but we start building a culture like we did with Saints Footy.

We don't want undisciplined acts but sometimes you need to make a statement.

I still cringe at 97 when they poleaxed Harvey at the bounce & no one did anything.

That obviously effected us because we made the GF. And who were the physical guys in 09 and 10? Overrated these days I reckon. Geelong didn't really have any but the Hawks do. The Swans don't really have any either.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

It matters with all who are not good kicks. How much depends on their role and other attributes. However even say Steven needs to improve his use of the ball. If Steven can then he will truly become an elite player in the AFL.

However if an opposition coach allows you to run around free, then you know that your ability to use the ball does not trouble the opposition. Indeed they are probably leaving you free for that very reason while they make sure the more damging players are not free. ie When did you last see Fisher allowed to play as a loose man in defence?

Back on Bruce. I would like to see him hold a few more of his marks. His kicking on goal I would rate as fair.
At not quite 23 he has time to improve.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
andrewg
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:One of the best marks I have seen at our club for a while but he had no excuse to miss that important goal and even less excuse to give Bugg a down the ground free. Bet AR wasn't happy about either of them.
I disagree with this on all levels especially down the ground free. Showed aggression and passion. As a supporter I loved it. Bring back some mongral!

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

8856brother wrote:
Geary and Shenton yes. Roo no.

Kicked 2 from 3 set shots yesterday, including one from 50. Will be happy with that output if it continues. He will hurt the opposition physically, and if all goes well, on the scoreboard as well.

Geary badly missed his one opportunity yesterday on top of butchering it around the ground on a few occasions. He sadly will never be a great kick, but he is in the side for his other attributes, which is his run, hardness and leadership. I'm sure the people who count at the club love the way he plays. I bet they also wish he was a better disposer of the pill.
If Geary is in the side for 'leadership' then we are well and truly stuffed.

'Leadership' is not playing uncontested rubbish, once in a while backing into a pack and butchering the ball again and again.

saintjake
Club Player

Really hope we give him an extended run as a forward and just let his confidence grow.
Wouldn't mind it if he was our third tall forward and was given a license to just fly for everything.
Puts on fantastic pressure too!
Really like him

PJ
SS Life Member

The impact is short term and long term.

Did it affect the outcome of the game? or did they score a goal as a direct result? No. Did it fire up the GWS players? Doubt it.

Does an act like that from a player that was clearly one of the dominant forces in the game at that minute have an impact on the St.Kilda players right there and then? I'd say yes.

Does it have an impact on the players long term? Don't know, perhaps.

What the coach feels about it I'm not sure - I think p66 is right in that at that critical point you don't want to give away soft frees but I don't think his bump was reckless.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Geeeze how soft have supporters become , josh Bruce would have won the admiration of his skipper Commentators like dermititis and dumbstool ledgend of the game plead for players to do these things as it means so much more than worrying about a free kick ,

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Farren Ray was one of the players in The Victory Room after the game & he seemed pretty pleased about Josh Bruce sticking up for Roo. He'd just come straight from the after match review with AR so I can't imagine the coach was too displeased.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Trixilver wrote:Had a terrific game. If only he slotted that one though.

Dempster also took a great grab afterwards. Anyone have a link for that one?
https://vimeo.com/124190617

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:even less excuse to give Bugg a down the ground free. Bet AR wasn't happy about either of them.
His captain is taken out of the game with a cheap shot, courtesy of a parasite called Bugg. So you would let a Bugg crawl all over your captain and then get away with it?
Bruce did what any loyal colleague would do and stepped in with a retort to put the sniper on the seat of his pants. If anything, it worked! And it fired up the team. It was a clear message that said "you have taken out my captain, we won't be intimidated!".

If Richardson is punishing players for that, then he should be coaching basketball instead.
Last edited by Sainternist on Mon 06 Apr 2015 7:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:even less excuse to give Bugg a down the ground free. Bet AR wasn't happy about either of them.
His captain is taken out of the game with a cheap shot, courtesy of a parasite called Bugg. So you would let a Bugg crawl all over your captain and get away with it?
Bruce did what any loyal colleague would do and stepped in with a retort to put the sniper on the seat of his pants. If anything, if lifted the team. It was a clear message that said "you have taken out our captain, we won't be intimidated!".

If Richardson is punishing players for that, then he should be coaching basketball instead.

Ok then.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ken oath'

you give pay back
and you ask them how they liked it

flag must be flown