Round 3 team. Schneider in Curren out

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Round 3 team. Schneider in Curren out

Mick Dwyer and Rodney Galt in for Collingwood.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 3 team. Schneider in Curren out

Wtf is s Dwyer and Galt?!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

:

COLLINGWOOD
FOLLOWERS
4 Brodie Grundy
13 Taylor Adams
10 Scott Pendlebury

ST KILDA
FOLLOWERS
18 Billy Longer
44 Maverick Weller
3 Jack Steven

FB 34 Alan Toovey 16 Nathan J. Brown 26 Marley Williams
FF 37 Jack Lonie 27 Josh Bruce 28 Tim Membrey

HB 8 Tom Langdon 45 Jack Frost 31 Jackson Ramsay
HF 20 David Armitage 12 Nick Riewoldt 13 Adam Schneider

C 18 Travis Varcoe 36 Dane Swan 25 Jack Crisp
C 16 Jack Newnes 7 Luke Dunstan 39 Cameron Shenton

HF 5 Jamie Elliott 9 Jesse White 29 Tim Broomhead
HB 5 Shane Savage 25 Sam Fisher 14 Jarryn Geary

FF 6 Tyson Goldsack 32 Travis Cloke 11 Jarryd Blair
FB 17 Dylan Roberton 21 Luke Delaney 24 Sean Dempster

INTERCHANGE
2 Sam Dwyer
40 Paul Seedsman
43 Adam Oxley
44 Corey Gault

EMERGENCIES
30 Darcy Moore
33 Patrick Karnezis
35 Jordan De Goey

INTERCHANGE
15 Jack Billings
34 Nathan Wright
38 Ahmed Saad
40 Jack Sinclair

EMERGENCIES
4 Eli Templeton
26 Tom Curren
32 Paddy McCartin
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 16 Apr 2015 7:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

B Dylan Roberton, Luke Delaney, Sean Dempster
HB Shane Savage, Sam Fisher, Jarryn Geary
C Jack Newnes, Luke Dunstan, Cameron Shenton
HF David Armitage, Nick Riewoldt, Adam Schneider
F Jack Lonie, Josh Bruce, Tim Membrey
FOL Billy Longer, Maverick Weller, Jack Steven
I/C Jack Billings, Nathan Wright, Ahmed Saad, Jack Sinclair
EMG Eli Templeton, Tom Curren, Paddy McCartin
IN
Adam Schneider
OUT
Tom Curren (Omitted)
MILESTONES: Jack Newnes - Playing 50th game

B Alan Toovey, Nathan J. Brown, Marley Williams
HB Tom Langdon, Jack Frost, Jackson Ramsay
C Travis Varcoe, Dane Swan, Jack Crisp
HF Jamie Elliott, Jesse White, Tim Broomhead
F Tyson Goldsack, Travis Cloke, Jarryd Blair
FOL Brodie Grundy, Taylor Adams, Scott Pendlebury
I/C Sam Dwyer, Paul Seedsman, Adam Oxley, Corey Gault
EMG Darcy Moore, Patrick Karnezis, Jordan De Goey
IN
Sam Dwyer, Corey Gault
OUT
Alex Fasolo (Omitted), Ben Sinclair (Hamstring)
MILESTONES: Corey Gault - Played 1st game

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
FQF
SS Life Member

Interesting move. Schneider can't provide nearly as much pressure as Curren but far more polished.

Good news for Saad.

I liked Wright as a sub, really impacted the game well. So I wouldn't mind keeping him there but it's a bit rough on a players fitness to play as a sub consecutively.

Schneider has been a good sub so it could very well be him this week.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Not sure about Schneider. He's not exactly the future. He played ok against GWS when he got the ball in his hands but you could see how little run he can give. Rather get a game into Acres or McKenzie or let Wright have a full game. This is where I would like Pelchen hanging around so they don't slip into playing the oldies to get results.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Shneider is a very clever footballer.

15 possessions from Schneider is worth 30 possessions from Curren (not trying to poo-poo Curren, it's just that Schneider is very clever)

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Acres needs to lift his work rate and improve his defensive skills. McKenzie needs a few kilos on him. They'll get their turn. There's plenty of time.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

FQF wrote:Interesting move. Schneider can't provide nearly as much pressure as Curren but far more polished.

Good news for Saad.

I liked Wright as a sub, really impacted the game well. So I wouldn't mind keeping him there but it's a bit rough on a players fitness to play as a sub consecutively.

Schneider has been a good sub so it could very well be him this week.
I can see Schneider as the sub, and Wright given a full game. Wright was very good last week when he came on.

The sub role suits Schneider these days IMO.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:Not sure about Schneider. He's not exactly the future. He played ok against GWS when he got the ball in his hands but you could see how little run he can give. Rather get a game into Acres or McKenzie or let Wright have a full game. This is where I would like Pelchen hanging around so they don't slip into playing the oldies to get results.

We have plenty of young kids playing and I hope Pelchen had nothing to do with selection whilst he was there anyway.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bluthy wrote:Not sure about Schneider. He's not exactly the future. He played ok against GWS when he got the ball in his hands but you could see how little run he can give. Rather get a game into Acres or McKenzie or let Wright have a full game. This is where I would like Pelchen hanging around so they don't slip into playing the oldies to get results.

We have plenty of young kids playing and I hope Pelchen had nothing to do with selection whilst he was there anyway.

I think Schnieder was excellent in his last game and was probably in the best 3 players that day. With out Montagna it gives us a bit of experience. I'm happy to have him in.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Its about having that voice at the club who is provocative and keeping everyone on their toes and pointing out the big, long term picture. How many good games does Schneider have left in him? He was a rookie on the bottom clubs list. This seems a bit of a reactionary selection. We have Roo, Fisher, Dempster, Geary, Steven, Armo with good experience. I think Schneids will struggle to get around on the big MCG. I can kind of understand trying to get another win while we have our best chances early in the season. But I don't know if this is the best place for Schneids old legs.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Its about having that voice at the club who is provocative and keeping everyone on their toes and pointing out the big, long term picture. How many good games does Schneider have left in him? He was a rookie on the bottom clubs list. This seems a bit of a reactionary selection. We have Roo, Fisher, Dempster, Geary, Steven, Armo with good experience. I think Schneids will struggle to get around on the big MCG. I can kind of understand trying to get another win while we have our best chances early in the season. But I don't know if this is the best place for Schneids old legs.

The MCG isn't that big really and Schneider deserves his spot after round one anyway. And like I said I hope Pelchen had nothing at all to do with selection. If he did it was a complete stuff up.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Schneider doesn't excite me at all with our current situation. He is probably more vocal than most of the young guys and may help Billings, Lonie and Saad in some way.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

At the preseason training a heap of players mentioned that they thought Schnieder would be first off the rookie list. The consensus was that he was in vintage form and had completed a great preseason. His body like Fishers has been letting him down for a couple of seasons. He seems to have turned a corner. He was apparently going on the rookie list to help out the club with an extra spot. I think they might have told him he would get first chance at elevation even. I think anyone who is performing should get a game especially when the likes of Montagna and Farren are missing.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Schneider, Lonie & Billings kicking the footy inside 50...delicious.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Schneider, Lonie & Billings kicking the footy inside 50...delicious.
Bruce might need to go take a cold shower during the call.....scrumptious..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
noob
Club Player

Hypothetically, if Riewoldt is a late withdrawal, do we go with either Curren / Templeton or do we play Paddy McCartin?

Munga
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:Hypothetically, if Riewoldt is a late withdrawal, do we go with either Curren / Templeton or do we play Paddy McCartin?
You would think coming from Tassie that Templeton would thrive in the cold and wet

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:
noob wrote:Hypothetically, if Riewoldt is a late withdrawal, do we go with either Curren / Templeton or do we play Paddy McCartin?
You would think coming from Tassie that Templeton would thrive in the cold and wet

Surely McCartin plays unless it absolutely poring.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Have to be McCartin. If we don't, when Bruce goes into the ruck we'll have Membrey as the only tall forward.
I also wonder if there's room for Weller and Curren in the same team. Weller's the better option in my opinion and can do the negating role that Curren used to do.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Schneider, Lonie & Billings kicking the footy inside 50...delicious.
Bruce might need to go take a cold shower during the call.....scrumptious..

PJ
SS Life Member

Schneider deserves his spot and will be great influence on the younger guys.

Playing more kids doesn't equate to improving the team as a whole. We need to set an example to the younger guys about demanding a spot and just because you are a high draft pick doesn't mean you're an automatic selection.

If Chris Pelchen was calling the shots we may have traded Armo.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
FQF
SS Life Member

Having 10 young kids in a winning team is far better for development than 15 in a losing one.

saintjake
Club Player

FQF wrote:Having 10 young kids in a winning team is far better for development than 15 in a losing one.
Absolutely 100% spot on.

Also there would be nothing worse IMO than to debut McCartin on a wet night, against Collingwood on Friday night footy WITHOUT Riewoldt there to protect an support him.

McCartin will be good. But lets debut him in dry conditions again a Melbourne/GWS/DOGS/GC
Collinwood might not be travelling to well. But they'll get into him like they did Watts on the Queens Birthday.

Never underestimate the importance of having a big experienced body out there to protect the young fella.