Round 3 team. Schneider in Curren out

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

PJ
SS Life Member

Re: Round 3 team. Schneider in Curren out

This isn't just about player development. This is the big stage and it's important how we are seen by the whole country, everyone will be watching us and how we equip ourselves . We need sponsors supporters and everyone on the bandwagon regardless of where we are at on the ladder. Go Schnieds..go saints

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Just hope Schneider doesn't get injured

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Rain is foreacst.....and Schneider is very good in the wet.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Austinnn
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Rain is foreacst.....and Schneider is very good in the wet.
*cough*GF09*cough*

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Schneider deserves his spot and will be great influence on the younger guys.

Playing more kids doesn't equate to improving the team as a whole. We need to set an example to the younger guys about demanding a spot and just because you are a high draft pick doesn't mean you're an automatic selection.

If Chris Pelchen was calling the shots we may have traded Armo.
How the hell do you know what Pelchen was considering?? Footballers names get floated around all the time. It wouldn't surprise me if Richmond went after Armo - its a credit to him. But he didn't go anywhere with Pelchen in control so stop making unfounded accusations. Pelchen, in conjunction with the rest of the club made some tough calls that have laid the foundations for the next dynasty of this great and fascinating club. The danger is that sort of bravery to invest in the future can get buried under the week to week focus of winning matches.

From memory about 90% of the board were happy for Schneider to hang up the boots at the end of last year and now suddenly Schneider is the great saviour of the team? Everyone focuses on his (occasionally) piercing kicking and forgets some of the other stuff you DON'T get with Schneids. He struggles to get his own ball, you don't get a lot of run, you don't get a lot of forward pressure, he hates umpires and they hate him, and he can be quite inconsistent. You tend to remember that laser pass he does but forget his stuff ups or half efforts. He was ok against GWS when he had the ball in his hands but otherwise doesn't do a lot of pressure acts that they did last week. Maybe we can get Gwilt and Jones back because experience is the be all and end all. I think its a bit of a conservative decision from the selectors which goes against the bravery and taking on the game that the young players showed last week.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote: I think its a bit of a conservative decision from the selectors which goes against the bravery and taking on the game that the young players showed last week.
Spot on Bluthy. You can develop the kids and at the same time win games of footy.

For the teams sake I hope Schneider works his butt off, stays disciplined and stays injury free

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
PJ wrote:Schneider deserves his spot and will be great influence on the younger guys.

Playing more kids doesn't equate to improving the team as a whole. We need to set an example to the younger guys about demanding a spot and just because you are a high draft pick doesn't mean you're an automatic selection.

How the hell do you know what Pelchen was considering?? Footballers names get floated around all the time. It wouldn't surprise me if Richmond went after Armo - its a credit to him. But he didn't go anywhere with Pelchen in control so stop making unfounded accusations. Pelchen, in conjunction with the rest of the club made some tough calls that have laid the foundations for the next dynasty of this great and fascinating club. The danger is that sort of bravery to invest in the future can get buried under the week to week focus of winning matches.

From memory about 90% of the board were happy for Schneider to hang up the boots at the end of last year and now suddenly Schneider is the great saviour of the team? Everyone focuses on his (occasionally) piercing kicking and forgets some of the other stuff you DON'T get with Schneids. He struggles to get his own ball, you don't get a lot of run, you don't get a lot of forward pressure, he hates umpires and they hate him, and he can be quite inconsistent. You tend to remember that laser pass he does but forget his stuff ups or half efforts. He was ok against GWS when he had the ball in his hands but otherwise doesn't do a lot of pressure acts that they did last week. Maybe we can get Gwilt and Jones back because experience is the be all and end all. I think its a bit of a conservative decision from the selectors which goes against the bravery and taking on the game that the young players showed last week.

Wow. Having a sensible discussion and all of a sudden you come up with gems like getting Gwilt and Jones back. We have enough young players in the side. It is better for young players to get a win than a loss. Obviously the coaching panel decided he is more value than others at this stage. A win over the pies would do wonders for the group and Schneider can help us get that win. And he was better than ok against GWS and to be totally honest the man he replaced this week may not be up to the standard required anyway.

Megamaguire
Club Player

S A I N T S v's P I E S

"Rain is foreacst.....and Schneider is very good in the wet".
Sneids would get high praise indeed if he can produce another good performance tonight.
I enjoy the sneiddaman and wish him all the best tonite.

Not long ago Friday Night spelt a Saints thriller and the tv ratings I think were usually fairly high (in spite of the cooking shows). There'll be a huge tv audience barracking for the Saints tonight.

Hope the guys have bottled what they had last week and bring it out tonight.

G O S A I N T S ! :D

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
FQF
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote:
Bluthy wrote: I think its a bit of a conservative decision from the selectors which goes against the bravery and taking on the game that the young players showed last week.
Spot on Bluthy. You can develop the kids and at the same time win games of footy.

For the teams sake I hope Schneider works his butt off, stays disciplined and stays injury free
We have a team chock full of youngsters on every line. We also need to pick a team that will give us the best chance of being competitive. That will fast track our development.

PJ
SS Life Member

Bluthy wrote:

What a well thought through and intelligent post.

Where did I make an accusation about Pelchen - I said he may have, not was going to. It's an opinion d#$&head and who gives you the right to tell me whether or not I think Schneider should get selected.

I've never asked for Schneider to go and I've always thought he was in our best 22 so the "you tend to remember...." cr@p is just that...crap.

Have a nice day ass$#%e.

<warning issued, abusive language directed at another poster is unacceptable>

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
#gosaintas
Club Player

Seems like a huge overreaction

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Schneider was in our best 10 or so in round 1?... If you are going to have integrity in selection then he comes back in, not sure what the problem is really, we're already short a mature player in joey. There's plenty of youth and fresh talent in the side.

Legendary
Club Player

Schneider on his day is still in the best 100 players in the AFL.

We have plenty of kids in the side and we are up and going - his experience on the MCG in front of a decent crowd will be useful.

Plus he was in our best dozen in Round 1 - on form alone he should be selected.

FQF
SS Life Member

This video shows two very good plays by Curren.
http://www.saints.com.au/video/2015-04- ... -work-rate

Pretty tough on him that despite a good and selfless game he gets the chop. It seems obvious that Schneider is fit and in good form on the track because he is no longer an automatic selection. Will be good to see.

Playon
Club Player

Not to mention the complaints about skill errors, but if you look at Shneiders Disposal Efficiency stats you'll see one of the reasons why he's in the side.
When we played Hawthorn not only was his Disposal Efficiency best for the Saints it was best on ground along with 22 possessions, Not bad seeing how much we struggled in that game. If only he could kick like Hawks do, hmm wait a minute...

stkfc1
Club Player

Who does everyone want to see Weller on? Does he take Pendles even though he's not 100% or does he take Swan? Im hearing he is hampered with the ankle and he'll definitely need a jab to play.He still may not play.Arguments could be made to totally take Pendles out of the game with heavy tag or do we get someone go head to head with him to test him out (Armo/Dunstan)and try to nullify Swans influence with Weller.Whoever does go with Pendles needs to make him accountable as possible and keep him moving with that sore ankle. Pendles may get a bit of time forward depending on how well he's moving.Go Saints!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

wells to swan
and give him a couple in the ribs

just coz you can