Sandy vs Willy match thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sandy vs Willy match thread

magnifisaint wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:First goal to Willy. 50 to Sandy 15.12. To 6.10 5.30 min mark. Payne off. Looked in a lot of pain
Who is in front?
Willy smashing Sandy.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Battery must have gone on B_M's iPhone/tablet????

SideshowMilne
Club Player

Two semi wet games in a row and we murder Sandy selfishly playing 3 rucks. #notproud

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SideshowMilne wrote:Two semi wet games in a row and we murder Sandy selfishly playing 3 rucks. #notproud
It's about St. Kilda's development not what's best for Sandy.

Sandy if they are standalone once we get our ressies up and running then can pick teams to win games.

Understand?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

loris wrote:Battery must have gone on B_M's iPhone/tablet????
left at the 18 minute mark. Couldnt feel my hands. Typically miserable day at Williamstowns ground. Acres will be a very good seniors playerforr us. Excellent mid. Just gets the ball.

You are garbage - Enough said
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
left at the 18 minute mark. Couldnt feel my hands. Typically miserable day at Williamstowns ground. Acres will be a very good seniors playerforr us. Excellent mid. Just gets the ball.
Thor u were talking Big Mart

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Thor u were talking Big Mart

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SideshowMilne wrote:Two semi wet games in a row and we murder Sandy selfishly playing 3 rucks. #notproud
It's about St. Kilda's development not what's best for Sandy.

Sandy if they are standalone once we get our ressies up and running then can pick teams to win games.

Understand?
Understand yes but not sure I agree. Depends on form I guess. But three rucks on any day - let alone in the wet is a huge disadvantage to any side.

SaintWal
Club Player

Left after Willy got the first goal in the last. Bloody cold place to watch footy.

Goddard, Eli and Acres are too good for this level IMO. Thought Hickey was okay at times and D Mac shows promise. Lee down back is only an experiment and he just does not show enough to suggest he will ever be a regular at either end of the ground.
Simpkin was disappointing, he seemed disinterested at times and plays angry.

My biggest issue was our disposal, it was pitiful at times. Again the shining light to me was Goddard who hit target after target in hard conditions.

Holmes endeavour cannot be questioned but I think he is a long way off playing senior football. White was no where.

I felt they tried hard against the wind but kicked the ball on the full more times than I can ever remember seeing in a game of football. At least ten possiblyt fifteen times! With the wind they just put the ball in the air and were easy pickings.

Note to self. Next time at Williamstown bring thermals and stubby holder.

dsav
Club Player

Photo album now up.
http://www.davesavell.com/p737846772

Dave
@SavellDave

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

SaintWal wrote:Left after Willy got the first goal in the last. Bloody cold place to watch footy.

Goddard, Eli and Acres are too good for this level IMO. Thought Hickey was okay at times and D Mac shows promise. Lee down back is only an experiment and he just does not show enough to suggest he will ever be a regular at either end of the ground.
Simpkin was disappointing, he seemed disinterested at times and plays angry.

My biggest issue was our disposal, it was pitiful at times. Again the shining light to me was Goddard who hit target after target in hard conditions.

Holmes endeavour cannot be questioned but I think he is a long way off playing senior football. White was no where.

I felt they tried hard against the wind but kicked the ball on the full more times than I can ever remember seeing in a game of football. At least ten possiblyt fifteen times! With the wind they just put the ball in the air and were easy pickings.

Note to self. Next time at Williamstown bring thermals and stubby holder.
Agree with most of this. Played the conditions very poorly.

As for cold. I train there and on the beach with a running and fitness group. Some nights mid June and July with the wind howling I'll have a singlet, tee shirt, Saints jumper and hoodie on and not one thing comes off. And still being cold

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Based on your reports, Acres deserves a run in the seniors for a few weeks to see how he goes and some much needed experience.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
It sounds like like Acres is pretty good but his kicking is not. Bring him in next week. Another who will fit in perfectly (for us to get the 1st pick in the draft).

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Based on your reports, Acres deserves a run in the seniors for a few weeks to see how he goes and some much needed experience.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Based on that Acres should get a run next week.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

3rd generation saint wrote:Based on your reports, Acres deserves a run in the seniors for a few weeks to see how he goes and some much needed experience.
What I saw was a young bloke who can get his own ball. Really went in hard and won it plenty. Disposal efficiency was ordinary, and I thought he was having a dirty day at qtr time.

The thing I liked was he just kept going and kept working and he got better and better as the day went on.

Bit of a concern that he got his knee check out and was saying he hyper extended it. Went straight back on but ended the game with his knee heavily strapped.

Probably just precautionary. Dont know if we can have Dunstan and Acres in the same team just yet. They certainly will eventually however we need some pacey outside mids. We are a bit one paced with him and Dunstan and Armo all in the one team just at the moment.

I was most impressed by DMac. With him and Acres, and Eli, and Goddard coming along, we have got some good kids coming through

SideshowMilne
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:

Sandy once they are decimated and if still up and running can then pick teams to win games.

Understand?
E f a

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Bunk is spot on. I braved the conditions today and it was hard enough walking into the wind let alone kicking into it. Shocking conditions to try and play footy in.

I liked

Acres- Kept running and kept getting the pill. Will be a player
Goddard - Contested really well. Spoilt well and took quite a few contested marks. His kicking in the conditions was also good.
D Mac - Tough and uncompromising. Plenty of run and likes to take a grab. Kicking was good.
Really excited about him.
Webster - looked classy and ran hard and delivered pretty well in the conditions. Gave away a few frees as he tends to do.

I think these 4 players will be a big part of our future.

Don't know what happened to Minch.

Was dissapointed with

White - Hardly touched it. May have been injured but played out the game.
Hickey - played all game up forward with little influence. Hard day for forwards though.

Serviceable without exciting
Saunders
Eli - classy at times
Head - spoilt fantastically but kicking was woeful.

Hotdog and coke $7 - reasonable
Ground condition was good.

Peta Searle looked after the forwards today and had most of her group looking interested apart from Spencor, who seemed to be in his own world.

Tom Lee was very vocal and very encouraging and looked ok in the back half.

Enjoyed the experience. Not the result or the weather.

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Probably something to work on. $6 would be a beaut

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Probably something to work on. $6 would be a beaut
You get 2 options at Williamstown when you ask for a hotdog. I went for the Willie Dog over the standard Dog. Hard work if you procrastinate!

SS Hall of Fame

Anyone know how Gilbert went?

Pull up okay?

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

My thoughts
Acres has to play this week, just keeps finding the footy and he is tough and uncompromising. His kicking in the first qtr wasn't good but he got better and better as the game went on.
Webster is the best field kick at the club. He is all class and must play this week, he adds pace skill and toughness
Saunders was our best player up to half time, he is super quick and super tough. I thought he was fantastic the whole game.
Goddard hardly gets beaten in a contest had 6 contested marks to 3/4 time, he has great hands and is a good kick.
Dmac is a beauty, he will make it. He is quick and can take a good pack mark. He LOVES the hard stuff and tackles like a madman.
Lee was quieter today but I think he can make it as a tall defender, he is reading the play better and is such a beautiful kick
Hickey and white were both very disappointing. Hickey just doesn't go hard enough and white couldn't get near it
Holmes and pierce had no influence at all, it was a horrible day for the big blokes.

karnaby
Club Player

Thanks to all who provided the reports. Really appreciate it.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
FQF
SS Life Member

Huddo's report is up.

Looks like Acres and McKenzie could come in this week. Also positive signs that Brodie Murdoch is back playing.

Blake Acres
It was a terrific effort to come back from New Zealand the night before the game and play the way he did. He’s done that twice now, and he got a wrap from the coach for that. Blake worked hard and finished with 28 touches and six tackles. His game was very impressive.

Daniel McKenzie
Daniel was our best player on the day. He kicked a goal simply because he was playing our structure. He’s disciplined and he cracks in. 26 disposals was the most he has got for us so that was a pleasing return as well.

Brodie Murdoch
Brodie was best on the ground in the development league playing in the midfield.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-04-2 ... vfl-review

saynta
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:Anyone know how Gilbert went?

Pull up okay?
No. Got injured again.