A little perspective about Adam Schenider

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Pleasing
Club Player

Re: A little perspective about Adam Schenider

Used to have this argument with a friend all the time - He was of the opinion that there was no difference between a 1 point loss and a 100 point loss. He was a Hawk so he didn't have as much experience at losing as I did.

I am sure that the supporters players coaches sponsors got a lot more out of this loss than they did out of the Collingwood loss or the Carlton loss. Don't the coaches preach follow the process and let the scoreboard look after itself. The process was followed on Sunday for the full 120 mins - big step forward in my mind. There will be plenty of bad losses this year this was not one of them. Lot more positives for us this week than the bombers even though they won.

Let me in
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Anyone who blames one player for a loss is a Kanga short of the top paddock. End of story.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Anyone who blames one player for a loss is a Kanga short of the top paddock. End of story.
I don't think a guy who missed some sitters in the 2009 GF is ever going to be let off all that lightly.

But I agree. He can't take all the flack.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Anyone who blames one player for a loss is a Kanga short of the top paddock. End of story.
I don't think a guy who missed some sitters in the 2009 GF is ever going to be let off all that lightly.

But I agree. He can't take all the flack.
There you have it. Anyone else miss some easy shots? I can't recollect.

It's a team sport.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

meh....we just witnessed the Bummers playing their best to finish 9-13th so what
we saw glimpses of our future .....and past....
the style looked good - free flowing, attacking and had pressure (commented on by bummer players after the game)
we got bigger fish to fry at seasons end
drink long saints from the AFL fountain of youth.....
In 2002-03 I went and watched hidings.....but the glimmers keep you coming back....a skinny Riewoldt who looked good in patches.....a Lenny starting to emmerge
We don't have that Riewoldt star power in our kids in this side atm IMHO .....Im just praying a Buddy draft looms soon in our bottom window period.
Its 6 O'clock folks.....enjoy it.

“Yeah….nah””
asiu
Saintsational Legend

lol

Yes.
6 o'clock is a wonderful time in my footy appreciation world as well.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:I think people's frustration comes from him being spectacularly average at kicking clutch goals.

Those one's you think "gee we really need this", Schneider's record is poor.
Agree with this. And to think it was his clutch goals that killed us in the 2005 Prelim.

Still, he's been a super player for us. Thankfully, that miss will probably end in us moving up the draft order a spot or two.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by SainterK on Wed 06 May 2015 5:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

SainterK is back YES!!!!

S.A Saint
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:
St Chris wrote:I think people's frustration comes from him being spectacularly average at kicking clutch goals.

Those one's you think "gee we really need this", Schneider's record is poor.
Agree with this. And to think it was his clutch goals that killed us in the 2005 Prelim.

Still, he's been a super player for us. Thankfully, that miss will probably end in us moving up the draft order a spot or two.
With more experience back in Roo and Joey, i would expect him to make way.

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe we are still whining about it. Move on. We should be thinking about the Dogs. This should be the match of the round if we come to play like last week.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I can't believe we are still whining about it. Move on. We should be thinking about the Dogs. This should be the match of the round if we come to play like last week.
shutup
he's a
lazy
fat
pisshead
ripping off the club with no shame
then has the audacity to lose us a game
probably had a huge bet on the dons for a win
when will it end

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

You know perspective is a two way street. What last week reminded every one of is how erractic Schneider is and always has been. His miss wasn't an issue for me - it didn't surprise me in the least. And he did work really hard last week - but so did everyone. What annoyed me was in the Collingwood game when we were getting overrun he ran around completely unaccountably like he was Fyffe picking up cheap possessions when the Pies didn't give a s*** about him and not even trying to man up. I've always found him his own man who doesn't really play an accountable, team game. It always annoyed me the way we let Geelong, Hawks and Collingwood's backs dictate so much against us and a lot of that was down to Milne and Schneider being so ill-disciplined.

Schneider's never been A-grade. Every now and then he does something quite nice and that sticks in your head. But he screws up a lot and doesn't deliver on the big stages. That makes him b-grade. He's always been an incredibly unaccountable footballer. His whole motus operandi has been floating around finding space, which he has a real knack for, and getting on the end of things. But there are a lot of downsides that come with Mr Schneider that people conveniently sweep under the carpet. People don't appreciate how much attack has to defend and defence attack to be a great team. Our top eleven were great but our bottom half with the likes of Schneider were our problem. Compare Schneids to Chapman and Johnson - nuff said.

And the way he screws up his angry little face and absolutely blasts umpires putting them off-side to this day shows how ill-disciplined he is. It shows the dangers of drafting other teams rejects. Our trick is learn from it and as a first course of action grow our own skilled, disciplined, team orientated players. I question how good a pickup he really was for us.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
gringo wrote:I can't believe we are still whining about it. Move on. We should be thinking about the Dogs. This should be the match of the round if we come to play like last week.
shutup
he's a
lazy
fat
pisshead
ripping off the club with no shame
then has the audacity to lose us a game
probably had a huge bet on the dons for a win
when will it end

Oh okay Mr Hitlercat, I forgot those little issues. I think you forgot about his dumb haircut. If you'd been psychic you could have added the bit about his winkled up ugly little face or what ever it was. Anyway I blame Shents the #@%^ can't even show up for our venting pleasure. Weak $#@%.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:You know perspective is a two way street. What last week reminded every one of is how erractic Schneider is and always has been. His miss wasn't an issue for me - it didn't surprise me in the least. And he did work really hard last week - but so did everyone. What annoyed me was in the Collingwood game when we were getting overrun he ran around completely unaccountably like he was Fyffe picking up cheap possessions when the Pies didn't give a s*** about him and not even trying to man up. I've always found him his own man who doesn't really play an accountable, team game. It always annoyed me the way we let Geelong, Hawks and Collingwood's backs dictate so much against us and a lot of that was down to Milne and Schneider being so ill-disciplined.

Schneider's never been A-grade. Every now and then he does something quite nice and that sticks in your head. But he screws up a lot and doesn't deliver on the big stages. That makes him b-grade. He's always been an incredibly unaccountable footballer. His whole motus operandi has been floating around finding space, which he has a real knack for, and getting on the end of things. But there are a lot of downsides that come with Mr Schneider that people conveniently sweep under the carpet. People don't appreciate how much attack has to defend and defence attack to be a great team. Our top eleven were great but our bottom half with the likes of Schneider were our problem. Compare Schneids to Chapman and Johnson - nuff said.

And the way he screws up his angry little face and absolutely blasts umpires putting them off-side to this day shows how ill-disciplined he is. It shows the dangers of drafting other teams rejects. Our trick is learn from it and as a first course of action grow our own skilled, disciplined, team orientated players. I question how good a pickup he really was for us.

Before you come out with statements saying he was extremely unaccountable against the Pies can you tell us his role because its a huge statement without knowing what he was supposed to do. And apart from taggers what mids play on each other anyway. Who was Armo on against the pies for example? And you talk about bottom 11 and then give is Geelongs top 5 players. What does that prove? That he isn't top 5. Wow who would have known that? You sound like an angry person who isn't getting his way and questioning whether he was worth the pick up now. Seriously that is complete crap as shown by 3 coaches always willing to play him.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:You know perspective is a two way street. What last week reminded every one of is how erractic Schneider is and always has been. His miss wasn't an issue for me - it didn't surprise me in the least. And he did work really hard last week - but so did everyone. What annoyed me was in the Collingwood game when we were getting overrun he ran around completely unaccountably like he was Fyffe picking up cheap possessions when the Pies didn't give a s*** about him and not even trying to man up. I've always found him his own man who doesn't really play an accountable, team game. It always annoyed me the way we let Geelong, Hawks and Collingwood's backs dictate so much against us and a lot of that was down to Milne and Schneider being so ill-disciplined.

This is getting sad, now you are trying to denigrate his entire career really?

You are singling him out in a game that had a 92 point turnaround, after he had 28 touches, 13 contested, 8 marks, 7 tackles?

Serious question: which Collingwood player chopped him up?

I don't expect you to answer as I expect you have no idea, but here's a clue - he wasn't playing on Swan or Pendlebury who combined for 68 touches and 20 inside 50's.