Proud

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Proud

here's a backing track for u pav.
... orchestra quality.
... enjoy our next win.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
A winning culture will come when we get wins.

Interesting theory on cause and effect but if only if it was so easy.

There are many elements to a good culture. Winning games is an outcome of a successful culture.

Lose to get higher draft picks, then wins will come and voilà: you have a winning culture.

I don't think so.
talk to me about winning culture if and when we make the finals sooner than later due to high picks.voilà: I prefer cellos :)
That's a big assumption and that is the problem with the simple theory that finishing towards the bottom and getting early draft picks leads to success.

BTW. I like the cello too. I hear it every day, live and unplugged. Opera, ballet, symphonies....
???
My lovely plays the cello professionally in an orchestra. Plays me club song occasionally after a win. Could do with another instrument like a piano but I'm not complaining.
envious

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Carlton won today so some of yous might be happy.
Did we lose?

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:We lack height and skill in the backline because our idiotic selectors are too stupid to pick Goddard and Lee

Out of all this conversation that has been what you have come up with. Great. Anyway Perfectionist we have improved greatly from last year. All the unbiased media say it so I would suggest that means we have improved.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Did we lose?

No so you wont be completely happy.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

#gosaintas wrote:We lack height and skill in the backline because our idiotic selectors are too stupid to pick Goddard and Lee
great analysis. You should be on the selection panel with such wonderful insights

You are garbage - Enough said
FQF
SS Life Member

When was the last time the best player in the league won the premiership? It almost never happens, and it goes to show that getting the number 1/2 pick is not necessary. It's not necessary because of the risk factor of it being a bust and it's not necessary because even if it turns into a star, you're better off having a winning culture with good depth across the list and 22 contributors. Winning at all costs at every stage of a list's development is the recipe to success. Richo understands that, just listen to his audio.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I'm proudly torn.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Did we lose?

im always happy!!
even reading your repetitive drivel...

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Did we lose?

im always happy!!

That's true. I do repeat myself saying I want to win every game. You don't repeat yourself because you are wishy washy and have no opinion apart from whats best for the club.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:When was the last time the best player in the league won the premiership? It almost never happens, and it goes to show that getting the number 1/2 pick is not necessary. It's not necessary because of the risk factor of it being a bust and it's not necessary because even if it turns into a star, you're better off having a winning culture with good depth across the list and 22 contributors. Winning at all costs at every stage of a list's development is the recipe to success. Richo understands that, just listen to his audio.
In 1966 we had the best two players in the competition. Does that count?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Did we lose?

im always happy!!

That's true. I do repeat myself saying I want to win every game. You don't repeat yourself because you are wishy washy and have no opinion apart from whats best for the club.
'wishy washy'.....really?

Hard hitting stuff from the internet courage man!!

and yes, I do only have an opinion based on whats best for the club.....infact I pride myself on that.....did you actually understand what you were saying when u wrote that muck?

:mrgreen:

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Did we lose?

im always happy!!

'wishy washy'.....really?

Hard hitting stuff from the internet courage man!!

and yes, I do only have an opinion based on whats best for the club.....infact I pride myself on that.....did you actually understand what you were saying when u wrote that muck?

:mrgreen:
So its looks like we are on the same page. You want whats best for the club and I want to win every possible game. Teffers just got some simple questions based on whats best for the club. Try answering these simple questions for a change instead of being the lion off the wizard of oz.

Do you think the players want to win every possible game this year?
Do you think the coaches want to win every possible game this year?
Do you think the marketing department want to win every possible game this year?
Do you think the membership department want to win every possible game this year?
Do you think the sponsorship department want to win every possible game this year?

There you go Teffers 5 simple questions with a simple yes or no answer. Come on teffers don't continue to be the lion and answer those questions. And I certainly understood what I wrote that's why Im not expecting you to answer these questions because it has been a proven MO of yours.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

... where's the option of 'possibly' ?

ie ,
Yes .
No.
Possibly.

Otherwise your questions are like another liberal party mantra ,
pushing the bullsh1t of .... with us or against us

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WindSister wrote:... where's the option of 'possibly' ?

ie ,
Yes .
No.
Possibly.

Possible means the answer is no. Do you want to win every game. Its a simple yes or no answer.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

ie ,
Yes .
No.
Possibly.

Possible means the answer is no. Do you want to win every game. Its a simple yes or no answer.
Well I don't want to sound like I am agreeing with the Tankers it is not as simple as that.

We play WCE at Patterson Stadium in R22. Say we are on level points with Melbourne for fourth last and we know Carlton and GC are taking talls and if Melbourne get # 3 they take Parish, but we really really want Parish in the draft.

In that case, considering we have just about zero chance of winning anyway, I would not be too concerned about losing and in fact in the one off scenario I would be a little disappointed if we did win and cost us an absolute A grade midfielder.

But on the whole with 10 games left, I would want the Saints to win as many as they can.

Geez this gets murky :D

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

ie ,
Yes .
No.
Possibly.

Well I don't want to sound like I am agreeing with the Tankers it is not as simple as that.

We play WCE at Patterson Stadium in R22. Say we are on level points with Melbourne for fourth last and we know Carlton and GC are taking talls and if Melbourne get # 3 they take Parish, but we really really want Parish in the draft.

In that case, considering we have just about zero chance of winning anyway, I would not be too concerned about losing and in fact in the one off scenario I would be a little disappointed if we did win and cost us an absolute A grade midfielder.

But on the whole with 10 games left, I would want the Saints to win as many as they can.

Geez this gets murky :D
Well I will barracking for the saints whatever position we are in. I could never hope we lose. If we did lose then fine we may or may not get a benefit. The day someone can guarantee a player we will get and that will be a star is the day I then may stop barracking. before then I will be hoping to win ever game we play. Anyway my point is certain parts of the club will want to win no matter what position we are in and that is why an answer of whats best for the club isn't an answer.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

... in your opinion , only , of course.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WindSister wrote:... in your opinion , only , of course.

No freds. Why do people say that? Unless its a factual comment of course its the persons opinion.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

No freds. Why do people say that? Unless its a factual comment of course its the persons opinion.

In your opinion, of course.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Well I don't want to sound like I am agreeing with the Tankers it is not as simple as that.

In the same way that we knew if we took Ball at two, Judd would still be there at five?

Win the game, send our list away on a high and take the best available player.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Gordo' Sumner
Club Player
Location: nyc for a spell, things didn't turn out so well, every dive i played, ffs was lucky i got paid !!!

plugger66 wrote: Well I will barracking for the saints whatever position we are in. I could never hope we lose. If we did lose then fine we may or may not get a benefit. The day someone can guarantee a player we will get and that will be a star is the day I then may stop barracking. before then I will be hoping to win ever game we play. Anyway my point is certain parts of the club will want to win no matter what position we are in and that is why an answer of whats best for the club isn't an answer.
this !!!!

tank like in that kruzer cup farce and you end up with............ kruzer :roll: ............ possibly

or scully :roll: or trengrove :roll: or watts :roll: ........... possibly

i'm backing trout and co to get the job done with whatever picks we honestly end up with

so FFS just win !!!! :evil:

Fortitude Fidelity Sayntas.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Who is Fred?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Gordo' Sumner wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Well I will barracking for the saints whatever position we are in. I could never hope we lose. If we did lose then fine we may or may not get a benefit. The day someone can guarantee a player we will get and that will be a star is the day I then may stop barracking. before then I will be hoping to win ever game we play. Anyway my point is certain parts of the club will want to win no matter what position we are in and that is why an answer of whats best for the club isn't an answer.
this !!!!

tank like in that kruzer cup farce and you end up with............ kruzer :roll: ............ possibly

or scully :roll: or trengrove :roll: or watts :roll: ........... possibly

i'm backing trout and co to get the job done with whatever picks we honestly end up with

so FFS just win !!!! :evil:

lol - sting(er) wannabee :D

matrix
Saintsational Legend

now the question is, is gordo stinger or someone clever enough to use Stings real name and make everyone think its stinger

follow me?
8-)