The Flux Report: Team Selection

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AeonFlux
Club Player

The Flux Report: Team Selection

Don't like the no Delaney thing at all. And I DO NOT get the negativity about him from some quarters(?)

Del's perfect for Footscray's only big forward. (You know, that over-paid lumbering Yeti they have at full forward, the one who cost us Petracca and Cameron. But don't worry Paddy. Aeon has faith in you.)

None of our other (potential) key backs are quite big enough to put the big freeze on glacial boy. I'm talking Fisher, Gilbert and Dempster. The latter two also inexplicably are targets of negatively from some. Clearly some of us are doing recon' on different games of football. (Sigh.) So no matter whom we decide upon, our bloke will be tied up, and rendered unable to provide very much of the intercept marking and run out of defence thing, for which he is better suited. (As compared with babysitting the giant panda to deprive him of his bean shoots, or whatever the hell stuff lead legs eats.)

It's called 'horses for courses'!

Am also very very disappointed that Acres is out. He's the future! OUR FUTURE!

Acres could/should be the best of the lot of them. (As compared to Spencer White, who could be the best of them.) Damn it! RICHO, PLAY ACRES I SAY!!!

I'd be giving Sam Fisher another week off, and keeping in Acres. (We have the space.) I believe that Sam has got at least a couple more years left in him, and I'd be saving him up a bit for the future. Because, like the skipper, Sam can be more a part of our future than some might think. (So think about that.)

Looking at Sandy: Sippa still in the Dev Squad(?) Arryn would want to get the hell out of there pretty quick I believe. We need to find out what Arryn can do.

And Spencer White named at full back??? (Raised eyebrows.) That could be interesting.........

Back to the Sandy seniors: it'll be very interesting (and telling) to see if big Hugh spends some time up forward again. I look forward to reading the field reports on that one.

Back to the Saints' seniors: despite my misgivings about some of our selections, we can, AND WE WILL, still carry out the mission.

Draft order be damned! The mission always comes first! And the mission is bloody-well NOT tanking for draft picks! The mission is always to WIN!!!

GO SAINTS!!! Do us proud boys!

Thoughts Sainters?

Thoughts, Rodger? Fire away honey.

- Aeon.
Last edited by AeonFlux on Fri 26 Jun 2015 1:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
karnak
Club Player

Re: The Flux Report: Team Selection

I enjoyed that, thanks for posting.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

We don't have many injuries so listed Saints players have to play in the thirds. Probably explains why Sippa is there.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:We don't have many injuries so listed Saints players have to play in the thirds. Probably explains why Sippa is there.
It's just random, is it? So we should expect to see Goddard or Hickey or McKenzie turn up in the thirds soon?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:We don't have many injuries so listed Saints players have to play in the thirds. Probably explains why Sippa is there.

Not if we hadn't agreed to some silly rules with Sandy. Luckily all be well this is the second last year of this rubbish.

AeonFlux
Club Player

Delaney in, Fisher granted some more Rn'R - BIG TICK to you Richo.

Now you and Aeon are seeing eye to eye.

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll: