Team v Bombers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team v Bombers

Jacks Back wrote:With the Phil Walsh tragedy, are there going to me any more games this weekend? On SEN they're not sure what's going to happen.
I think it probable that the crows v cats game will be cancelled. Maybe that will be all, but who knows.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

@AFL_PKeane: StK v Ess
Interchange; Savage, Ross, Dunstan, Ray.
Emerg; Hickey, Goddard, Minchington.
Fisher, Sinclair in for Delaney, Minchington.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Ray to sub?

Think Ross deserves a full game in the guts considering how strong he finished off last week.
Dunstan also started to find some form.
Savage seems lost when he's sub to me, the sort of player that needs to work into the game.

Tricky one.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

This looks like our oldest team of the year #rebuilding #dadsarmy

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

I would Dunstan sub I reckon he is just going at the moment and need less ground time to freshen up and re focus!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:This looks like our oldest team of the year #rebuilding #dadsarmy
We just need CJ & Gwilt back and anything could happen this year.

Rosco
Club Player

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-07-0 ... her-return
"Meanwhile, Fisher has fully recovered from injury and will solidify St Kilda’s defensive this weekend."

but goddard is retained as an emergency...

anthony_13
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:This looks like our oldest team of the year #rebuilding #dadsarmy
I agree. I thought last weeks team was our oldest but with the inclusion of Fisher this week, this is our oldest team. Not many youngsters to watch this week.
Anyone know whats happening with Billings?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

anthony_13 wrote:
I agree. I thought last weeks team was our oldest but with the inclusion of Fisher this week, this is our oldest team. Not many youngsters to watch this week.
Was picked to play 4 weeks ago. They are having a lend of us. How hard is it to say shin soreness 4-6 weeks.

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
anthony_13 wrote:
Was picked to play 4 weeks ago. They are having a lend of us. How hard is it to say shin soreness 4-6 weeks.
Is the type of problem with no firm duration. You just have to wait and see.

Besides we have many youngsters banging down the door to play and so there is no rush to bring him back.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Yep but like those saying losing doesn't matter it wont effect those not getting a game.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Yep but like those saying losing doesn't matter it wont effect those not getting a game.
But we are rebuilding which includes playing some young guys. Sure experience is good but you don't have to round up every old player on your list and play them. We should be in transition and too many older gop playes are not worth playing at the expense of keeping the young guys out.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

many are saying GOP old players.......but referring to the young guys..................do not just gift game to the young.............some at this stage may just be GOP young players...not quite ready!!!

saint4life
S.A Saint
Club Player

I will probably get flamed for this but here goes..

Now i dont like seeing any of our players injured but the one to ray was a blessing i thought at the start of the year.. he is for me a borderline selection with players such as mckenzie and acres in same position as him. We had to play youngster and imho blake and eric have been just as good as him this year with a hell of a lot of upside.

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

anthony_13 wrote:
I agree. I thought last weeks team was our oldest but with the inclusion of Fisher this week, this is our oldest team.
Last week's was - until this week, and now it's even older. Almost two years older on average than the round 5 team.

Unlikely to get too much older as our oldest 9 players are now in the side: Fisher, Riewoldt, Montagna, Dempster, Schneider, Ray, Gilbert, Armitage, Geary.

The only way it gets much older is if Delaney, Saad or Shenton come in.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:I will probably get flamed for this but here goes..

Now i dont like seeing any of our players injured but the one to ray was a blessing i thought at the start of the year.. he is for me a borderline selection with players such as mckenzie and acres in same position as him. We had to play youngster and imho blake and eric have been just as good as him this year with a hell of a lot of upside.
no flame here
im with ya

Saint wagga
Club Player

Too many vets for mine this week for a side in hardcore rebuild mode. I'm glad that Delaney has gone out, I'd like to see Goddard come in and play alongside chips, Delaney only injury backup for mine moving forward. Agree with the Ray sentiments, feel he's holding back the opportunity of Macenzie, Tempelton, Acres, Wright and saunders. His output is monotinously consistent, about 20 posi's, some good intercept marks, poor disposal by foot...we know what he can offer, and it's not the future in an imprtant area for us to develop A graders as running half backs with damaging disposal, just IMO.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

But we are rebuilding which includes playing some young guys. Sure experience is good but you don't have to round up every old player on your list and play them. We should be in transition and too many older gop playes are not worth playing at the expense of keeping the young guys out.

We are playing young guys. Some of those young guys mentioned certainly don't deserve a game. Only really Mckenzie is deserving a game at the moment. Anyway there are plenty of games left. Those not caring about winning are obviously at odds with the club because I reckon we will play our most experienced side against the teams we can beat and maybe give games to young kids against teams we probably cant beat.

#gosaintas
Club Player

They should play the theme song to dad's army when we run out.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:They should play the theme song to dad's army when we run out.

Why? Terrible show IMO of course. No theme songs when we win this week. I did notice how we missed another tall back last week. Not.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Selections continue to be a joke. No KPD this week.
We may not be gifting games to the kids but we are certainly gifting games to some veterans as we continue to party like it's 2009.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:Selections continue to be a joke. No KPD this week.
We may not be gifting games to the kids but we are certainly gifting games to some veterans as we continue to party like it's 2009.

Who doesn't deserve a game apart from Schneider in your opinion? Based on your opinion on Schneider this year its going to be hard to take your answer seriously. Pretty sure Fisher is a KPP anyway.

#gosaintas
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Who doesn't deserve a game apart from Schneider in your opinion? Based on your opinion on Schneider this year its going to be hard to take your answer seriously. Pretty sure Fisher is a KPP anyway.
Gilbert, Ray and Schneider are being gifted games this week. Leave them out and bring in 3 kids which would still leave plenty of experienced players.

Disagree with you on Fisher.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I'm rapt Fisher is back in. Without him we would struggle to win

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Gilbert, Ray and Schneider are being gifted games this week. Leave them out and bring in 3 kids which would still leave plenty of experienced players.

Disagree with you on Fisher.

Ray lucky. The other 2 deserve a game for sure. I suppose if you look for errors only in players you may even drop Roo. I watch the good and bad. Their good clearly outweighs their bad.