Positives other than the obvious

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Positives other than the obvious

Longer
Ross
Lonie
Newnes
Bruce

The whole team actually!

Saint supporter since '62
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote:I like him too Maverick and he has thrown the gauntlet at a Dunstan who for mine is a very similar player. Billings has to come into this team also. Coaches always love competition for places and those people that are saying we should just hand out spots to players because they are high draft picks criticizing our coaching staff need to look at the Liverpool FC and Hawthorn models of the 70s and 80s. Players played in the seconds for years ( ie Michael Tuck) before they got into the team. Success and a winning culture drives momentum forward. Just watch when he hit the free agency market how players start looking at us differently as we turn the corner.
Totally agree, good post.
We have a midfield/forward group going very nicely.
A FA or two to fill gaps, or add another elite is the icing needed…..

minneapolis
Club Player

The kicking today was just so satisfying. That is without doubt the best kicking effort I have seen - well for the last few years.

If you watch the reply you will notice the affect of good kicking. Very important and is the main reason that Hawthorn win flags. Cant win one without good to excellent kicking.
As I said, very very satisfying.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
mohannair
Club Player

The effort of Ray (head on with BJ) with 32 sec to go in the last Quarter with BJ was priceless. Even though we were leading by 110 points the effort of Ray tells the story where these bunch of boys are heading (no pun intended)

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Apart from the great team effort, the improvement in our whole team's Kicking Skills over last week, was "unbelievable" - even Gilbert & Stevens :D

Was it the less pressure on them, or was it an increase in kicking practice during the week ? Kicking skills can't normally be improved so much in a week, but let's hope that it continues into future weeks.