Mitch Brown?

anthony_13

Mitch Brown?

AFL.com.au understands St Kilda, Essendon and Fremantle have expressed interest in Brown, with recruiters from several clubs keeping a watchful eye on his progress. - See more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-15/s ... v1vCX.dpuf

I reckon he would be a good rookie pick? anyone agree?

Re: Mitch Brown?

He has been unbelievable for Sandy, he has played forward, back and in the midfield and has been super impressive in all positions, he has a great pair of hands and great foot skills. He would certainly make it in the AFL if he is given another chance. I would put him on the primary list in a heart beat

If someone can tell me the good points in getting a 26 year old with 6 afl seasons and 15 games then fine otherwise leave him alone and let Essendon have him.

I have heard his old man thinks his body breaks down training at AFL level. Maybe after holding up he will change his mind though.

gringo wrote:I have heard his old man thinks his body breaks down training at AFL level. Maybe after holding up he will change his mind though.

Go to bar 114 and speak to him. he is the lead singer of one of the bands there.

plugger66 wrote:If someone can tell me the good points in getting a 26 year old with 6 afl seasons and 15 games then fine otherwise leave him alone and let Essendon have him.

The 15 games in 6 years was due to injury though. You don't stay on a list if they don't rate you. They have had some bad luck Vardy and Menzel both looked guns too but can't get on the park.

anthony_13 wrote:AFL.com.au understands St Kilda, Essendon and Fremantle have expressed interest in Brown, with recruiters from several clubs keeping a watchful eye on his progress. - See more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-15/s ... v1vCX.dpuf

I reckon he would be a good rookie pick? anyone agree?
I'm still not sure who you follow in the footy?

Brown was always a world-beater in the VFL at Geelong, just couldn't do it at AFL level.

Maybe he'll change that with his second chance, who knows. Big guys do take longer.

Goldfish stop swimming when the Essendon recruiters are around… they'd take anything with a pulse at the moment.

plugger66 wrote:If someone can tell me the good points in getting a 26 year old with 6 afl seasons and 15 games then fine otherwise leave him alone and let Essendon have him.

The 15 games in 6 years was due to injury though. You don't stay on a list if they don't rate you. They have had some bad luck Vardy and Menzel both looked guns too but can't get on the park.

Injury and also not good enough. Played a lot of reserves games. I don't see any point of getting someone that age who has hardly played. We already have a few of them as it is. Forget recycled players unless they are 22 or under or at least position specific.

Very good VFL player. Likely Essendon bound. Good luck to them.

He's only 24

BringBackMadDog wrote:
He's only 24

25 and half then. Still don't see the point. We could easily have Lee, Marksworth and even guys like Murdoch and Saunders and maybe even White and Pierce who have hardly played and have 3 or more years in the system. Its time to just get young guys or star players not guys who have averaged less then 3 games a year.

Good luck to MB but not sure he suits our list profile.

He's been killing it this season.

WIll get rookied somewhere.

stjay

The guy had 15 games in 6 seasons and was plagued with injuries, how did he ever get a genuine opportunity?
Especially as they removed a pin from his shoulder late last year that was causing him pain.
Sandy's third on the ladder and Brown is in the "best" nearly every week - I suspect he has a lot to do with that.
He's good enough to play AFL.

stjay wrote:The guy had 15 games in 6 seasons and was plagued with injuries, how did he ever get a genuine opportunity?
Especially as they removed a pin from his shoulder late last year that was causing him pain.
Sandy's third on the ladder and Brown is in the "best" nearly every week - I suspect he has a lot to do with that.
He's good enough to play AFL.

He certainly maybe but we don't need him at his age. Where does he even play for us? He is playing forward this week. That is the last place we need him. Even back Id rather keep Fisher than him.

Are Nick Sautner and Shane Valenti still kicking round?

Could be worth a look.

Clint Jones gets 30+ every week worth a look

Old Mate wrote:Clint Jones gets 30+ every week worth a look
Absolutely, Dan Connors is killing it too.

Dennis-Lane still has a few good seasons in him.

Jim Miller is only 71, has 6 Jim Forsty's.

stjay

Our backline depth is poor and we actually don't have many in his age demographic.
Could be a cheap option for KPB. Worth a look IMO. One guy like that on the list is not going to do damage.

stjay wrote:Our backline depth is poor and we actually don't have many in his age demographic.
Could be a cheap option for KPB. Worth a look IMO. One guy like that on the list is not going to do damage.

But it isn't one. There is Lee, Pierce, Markworth, Murdoch, Saunders not getting games. He costs us a pick which either means less in the draft or another delisted player. If you get someone that age surely you don't get them for depth unless its a ruckman.

stjay wrote:Our backline depth is poor and we actually don't have many in his age demographic.

But it isn't one. There is Lee, Pierce, Markworth, Murdoch, Saunders not getting games. He costs us a pick which either means less in the draft or another delisted player. If you get someone that age surely you don't get them for depth unless its a ruckman.
Add Delaney to that list. He'll be fringe from nie on I reckon. Too limited. We're back to 2012, no key backs! Hopefully Goddard fixes that ASAP!

stjay

But he wouldn't be taking games off Pierce, Markworth, Murdoch or Saunders - they're completely different players.

LTN16

Is anthony_13 citywest?

I smell a rat..

stjay wrote:

But he wouldn't be taking games off Pierce, Markworth, Murdoch or Saunders - they're completely different players.

I know that but it does take games off the person delisted for him or the person drafted ahead of him. On that theory may as well draft CJ back. It may take games off Goddard or McCartin. lets be honest here. Schneider is playing because we stupidly redrafted him. If he wasn't its more likely a young kid would be playing instead but because of form we are forced to keep playing Schneider but he may not be helping certain players in the future.

stjay wrote:

I know that but it does take games off the person delisted for him or the person drafted ahead of him. On that theory may as well draft CJ back. It may take games off Goddard or McCartin. lets be honest here. Schneider is playing because we stupidly redrafted him. If he wasn't its more likely a young kid would be playing instead but because of form we are forced to keep playing Schneider but he may not be helping certain players in the future.
Schneider is doing ok but they don't have to keep playing him. DMac should've be getting more games and was doing well until he got hit.