Nick

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nick

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Young aboriginal girls get humiliated by white dudes every day of the week but one fat little white bogan racist gets called out by an aboriginal man and whities spend the next 18 months defending her .........
Charming
Yes I know I have erred here in saying this but I wanted to make a point that this girl is not Joan of Arc. Some on here are trying to make her a martyr. I mean give me a break.
Yes okay, but was her sin any greater than the one you just committed. Yes both utterances were in a public forum, but yours was meant to have a greater audience than hers.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Young aboriginal girls get humiliated by white dudes every day of the week but one fat little white bogan racist gets called out by an aboriginal man and whities spend the next 18 months defending her .........
Charming
Yes I know I have erred here in saying this but I wanted to make a point that this girl is not Joan of Arc. Some on here are trying to make her a martyr. I mean give me a break.
Yes okay, but was her sin any greater than the one you just committed. Yes both utterances were in a public forum, but yours was meant to have a greater audience than hers.
Maybe. I am not the judge of that but this isnt about her 'sin'.

But clearly it isnt because she is completely anonymous and noone has any idea who she is. She called Goodes directly an ape and he heard it.

For instance is an air swing an assault? No . If you punch someone in the face an it connects it is. So my 'sin' is not as bad.

It is really not the popint anyway. She is not a martyr and it isnt about her and I am not claiming any high and mighty status either. The point of the thread is Goodes doesnt deserve to be booed and that is completely independent of anything I say and anything to do with the girl.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Wed 29 Jul 2015 2:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

Austinnn
Club Player

Yes it was. Fat bogan < ape (to a black person)
One is name calling, the other is dehumanising. Both bad, one worse. Simple.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Yes it was. Fat bogan < ape (to a black person)
Well my abuse never connected. Just like taking an air swing in an empty room.
Her abuse connected directly to the jaw.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
Charming

But clearly it isnt because she is completely anonymous and noone has any idea who she is. She called Goodes directly an ape and he heard it.

For instance is an air swing an assault? No . If you punch someone in the face an it connects it is. So my 'sin' is not as bad.

It is really not the popint anyway. She is not a martyr and it isnt about her and I am not claiming any high and mighty status either. The point of the thread is Goodes doesnt deserve to be booed and that is completely independent of anything I say and anything to do with the girl.
f****** oath, an air swing is an assault. Look up the legal definition.

Austinnn
Club Player

saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
Charming
Yes it was. Fat bogan < ape (to a black person)

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Don't reply to my posts. I'm not interested in your opinion. According to you, you don't even live in this country, yet you have the hide to call Australians racists.

If that's not racist, I don't know what is.

Austinnn
Club Player

Legal definition? Are you serious? Just...

Con slagged a girl off on a forum she will never read.

The girl racially abused a man to his face in a crowd of many doing the same thing.

Oh but it wasn't gorilla, it was ape. Oh the legal definition of air swing is assault. What other minor points would you like to take issue with? What relevance, your honour?

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
markp
Saintsational Legend

One was from a child (who apologised), Con is an adult.

Both are not acceptable public utterances. Simple.

Austinnn
Club Player

saynta wrote:
Don't reply to my posts. I'm not interested in your opinion. According to you, you don't even live in this country, yet you have the hide to call Australians racists.

If that's not racist, I don't know what is.
That's right, you don't know.

You don't know much except legal and zoological distinction.

I'd like to see you make a case with that final point. It would be entertaining.

You are interested in my opinion enough to argue about it.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Legal definition? Are you serious? Just...

The girl racially abused a man to his face in a crowd of many doing the same thing.

Oh but it wasn't gorilla, it was ape. Oh the legal definition of air swing is assault. What other minor points would you like to take issue with? What relevance, your honour?
You are a racist, proven by your comments. I have no time for you and if you were a footballer, I would definitely break my rule and boo you.

If you raise in someone an apprehension of immediate fear that they are going to be assaulted, then that is an assault, Mr pompous one.

You really are up yourself.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
Charming

An air swing in an empty room? I dont think so champ. But we are getting waaaaay off topic. Still not sure what you are fighting for? Can you articulate it? The right to boo or something?

Section 31 (2) of the Victorian Crimes Act 1958 defines assault as:

assault means the direct or indirect application of force by a person to the body of, or to clothing or equipment worn by, another person where the application of force is—

(a) without lawful excuse; and
(b) with intent to inflict or being reckless as to the infliction of bodily injury, pain, discomfort, damage, insult or deprivation of liberty—
and results in the infliction of any such consequence (whether or not the consequence inflicted is the consequence intended or foreseen).

So an airswing in an empty room is not an assault. It needs to cause 'discomfort' to be considered an assault. Given the person who was 'abused' did not read and therefore did not receive 'discomfort' I can safely say my 'sin' of posting on SS was not comparable to her DIRECT abuse of AG.

In fact to be abused - you have to have actually received the abuse (even if indirectly).
Nice try though.

Austinnn
Club Player

saynta wrote:You are a racist, proven by your comments. I have no time for you
You are a tool proven by your comments.

You certainly have enough time for me to continually insult me, and defame me.

Are you talking about my comments about Australia? Find one thing there which could come close to racism.

You would make an awful lawyer.

To bring it up in a thread about actual racism is poor judgement and says little good about the way you think.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

You are a racist, proven by your comments. I have no time for you and if you were a footballer, I would definitely break my rule and boo you.

If you raise in someone an apprehension of immediate fear that they are going to be assaulted, then that is an assault, Mr pompous one.

Reminds of that great cartoon where an aussie is saying "We are the best country in the world, you know why? Cos we arent up ourselves. French? Up emselves. Italians? up emselves. Yanks? up emselves. Poms? up emselves. Not us though. Nope we arent up ourselves. Thats why we are the best."

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:

Reminds of that great cartoon where an aussie is saying "We are the best country in the world, you know why? Cos we arent up ourselves. French? Up emselves. Italians? up emselves. Yanks? up emselves. Poms? up emselves. Not us though. Nope we arent up ourselves. Thats why we are the best."
Now you brought a smile to my face. Yep that's pretty much sums us up, but hey everyone, including Mr Pomposity himself wants to live here. He even said so. But IAm not the only one to notice being talked down to.

Austinnn
Club Player

Yep I would like to move back to Australia. No it isn't perfect. And?

You have deep issues with me that you need to resolve for the good of yourself myself and everyone on this forum, saynta. Maybe you and mullet can start a gang to try and get me off this forum.

I invited you to resolve your problems with me by PM so as not to clog up threads, much as we've done. You rudely refused. You snipe at me, lie about me. I now ask you once again to stop. Get over your prejudice and just play the ball. If you can't do that then maybe you should ask yourself why you think I'm talking down to you. Meanwhile the threads get sidetracked. It's boring for me and everyone else I'm sure. Just give it a rest.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
Austinnn
Club Player

This entire page of the thread should be deleted, in my opinion. Just garbage, and I'm sorry to be part of it.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:

Now you brought a smile to my face. Yep that's pretty much sums us up, but hey everyone, including Mr Pomposity himself wants to live here. He even said so. But IAm not the only one to notice being talked down to.
I haven't noticed but if he was talking to you then it would hard to straight to you.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Well Rita Panahi's article in the Herald Sun has lots of support going by the comments section so the pro-booers can feel safety in numbers.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
Charming

An air swing in an empty room? I dont think so champ. But we are getting waaaaay off topic. Still not sure what you are fighting for? Can you articulate it? The right to boo or something?

Section 31 (2) of the Victorian Crimes Act 1958 defines assault as:

assault means the direct or indirect application of force by a person to the body of, or to clothing or equipment worn by, another person where the application of force is—

(a) without lawful excuse; and
(b) with intent to inflict or being reckless as to the infliction of bodily injury, pain, discomfort, damage, insult or deprivation of liberty—
and results in the infliction of any such consequence (whether or not the consequence inflicted is the consequence intended or foreseen).

So an airswing in an empty room is not an assault. It needs to cause 'discomfort' to be considered an assault. Given the person who was 'abused' did not read and therefore did not receive 'discomfort' I can safely say my 'sin' of posting on SS was not comparable to her DIRECT abuse of AG.

In fact to be abused - you have to have actually received the abuse (even if indirectly).
Nice try though.
Just because we operate under antiquated legislation doesn't mean that you are right and I'm wrong.

Here is a section of the Crimes Act 1900 that NSW operates under. This extract has been taken from that Act as it applies in the ACT. There is a stack of case law on this point. I reckon I could argue that you air swing was an attempted assault, hence at hreat to cause harm, if the elements are all satisfierd.

If your actions intends that an apprehended fear of an assault is caused to your victim.

31 Threat to inflict grievous bodily harm
If—
(a) a person makes a threat to another person to inflict grievous bodily harm on that other person or any third person—
(i) intending that other person to fear that the threat would be carried out; or
(ii) being reckless whether or not that other person would fear that the threat would be carried out; and
(b) the threat is made—
(i) without lawful excuse; and
(ii) in circumstances in which a reasonable person would fear that the threat would be carried out;
the firstmentioned person is guilty of an offence punishable, on conviction, by imprisonment for 5 years.

Austinnn
Club Player

The Herald Sun, you say?

That stanch defender of rules and fear against the threat of fairness and enlightenment?

Don't ever expect accuracy or quality from that rag. I used to only read it for the footy, now that's so bad it's not even worth washing windows with.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:

I haven't noticed but if he was talking to you then it would hard to straight to you.

the stalking bully who wants to call others racist for bullying Goodes has finally woken from his stupor. How ironic is that? even if as usual he is talking unintelligible gibberish
Last edited by saynta on Wed 29 Jul 2015 4:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

the stalking bully who want to call others racist for bullying Goodes has finally woken from his stupor. How ironic is that? even if as usual he is talking unintelligible gibberish
At least try to not sound like Stinger if you are pretending to be someone else. And show me one post where I have said a person is a racist. You are a liar and a blight on society. I don't actually don't think that but it sounded good. I reckon you are just silly old man who has very little idea of life in general.

Hey Stinger want to catch up for a drink and discuss some footy?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Yep I would like to move back to Australia. No it isn't perfect. And?

You have deep issues with me that you need to resolve for the good of yourself myself and everyone on this forum, saynta. Maybe you and mullet can start a gang to try and get me off this forum.

I invited you to resolve your problems with me by PM so as not to clog up threads, much as we've done. You rudely refused. You snipe at me, lie about me. I now ask you once again to stop. Get over your prejudice and just play the ball. If you can't do that then maybe you should ask yourself why you think I'm talking down to you. Meanwhile the threads get sidetracked. It's boring for me and everyone else I'm sure. Just give it a rest.
You know where you can go and what you can do.

I have reported you for calling me a tool too.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Austinnn wrote:Yep I would like to move back to Australia. No it isn't perfect. And?

You know where you can go and what you can do.

I have reported you for calling me a tool too.

More proof.