Round 22 Adam Goodes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stjay
Club Player

Re: Round 22 Adam Goodes

ace wrote:When Adam Goodes started playing he was not booed like this.
Has anyone found the witch that waved a magic wand and suddenly turned non racist supporters of many clubs into horrendous racists.
Or does anyone know of anything that Adam Goodes may have done that would make fans boo at him.

Why doesn't buddy Franklin cop the same amount of booing, what about Jetta (up to last weekend).
Don't these racist supporters realise that Franklin and Jetta are indigenous too, are they colour blind.

Why did these opposition supporters not give it to the Clarke brothers.
Did the witch only make supporters racist against Adam Goodes.
Not sure the point is that they started booing coz he's indigenous, that's not the reason.
It is the persistence and the ferocity that has grown totally disproportionate to his supposed crime that has many, including myself, believing it is underpinned by a racially based mentality at the collective level.
The problem is not the individual who may boo him coz he stages for frees or whatever - that last's a week or two and dies out after an incident. The problem is the knucklehead sitting next to him who doesn't like him and boos coz he thinks he's a "whingeing abo" and wants to let him know about it everytime he touches the ball.
So it is about what it has become not why it started.
All the other cases of hardcore booing of players mentioned here have been related to issues much bigger than what Adam Goodes has supposedly done.

I am not telling people not to boo, individually people have their own reasons that have got nothing to do with racism, I accept that, but I will be cheering him on to make a stand against those that are doing it from a
racist mentality and to give a great champion the send off he deserves.

Austinnn
Club Player

Don't want to be rude ace, but there's 21 pages full of excellent explanations of the situation, plus links to more in the media. If you genuinely want to understand, you should go back and have a read. I'm not saying you should think any particular way, but the ideas are certainly a way of getting started on the track to being less confused.

On the other hand, if you don't care and are just taking the p***, then excuse me and keep right on a-laughing. Sure is funny to see Australia divided like this.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Was fairly ambivalent about all this, till I saw Shane Warne is on the "Goodes needs to harden up" side.

Good enough reason for me to go the other way!

Fair dinkum, people lambast Brereton on here but I reckon this bloke is much worse.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Was fairly ambivalent about all this, till I saw Shane Warne is on the "Goodes needs to harden up" side.

Fair dinkum, people lambast Brereton on here but I reckon this bloke is much worse.
Warnie is probably the most passionate celebrity Saints fan on earth.

Dermie though is just a flog.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
Austinnn wrote:By the way, if anyone is tempted to think, like our resident Karl Pilkington does, that because I grew up in England and now live in France, my opinion about anything in Australia is worthless, in my defence may I add that I lived in Australia for 14 years, great years, and Melbourne for 8. I have travelled around the country, though not as much as I'd like.

I went to uni and had many jobs and a great social life there. My parents and brothers all still live there, and I have many Australians who I count among my closest friends both there and overseas. I am an Australian citizen and a Saints member, so is my son. I consider myself to be British Australian.

While there and since, I have learned many things about the country, talked to many people and saw many things first hand. I have formed opinions, just like anyone would, based on those experiences. Like any place, there are good things and bad things, no better or worse than anywhere else, just different. I think the relationship Australia has with its aboriginal community is shameful and tragic, intensely interesting and inspirational at different times. The fact that there is an Aboriginal Round in the AFL season is just great, or tokenistic, or even damaging as it fools us into thinking that everything is OK now. Some people want everything swept under the carpet or dealt with slowly and feebly in the correct channels of authority, and that's ONE of the reasons why Goodes is disliked.

I still love Australia, consider it a home, and plan on returning with my family. (Sorry, immigrant haters!)

I hope that JigglingSaint, evertonfc and all the other poms, immigrants or Aussies living abroad don't get told that their views on Australia are worthless,

...but just like any other country, if you just say good things people are happy to take your compliments but just try and criticise to see what they really think of you.
You don't want to know what I really think of you.Your last sentence is pure crap and racist even. Anyway, I disliked you long before I discovered that you didn't live here,mainly because I had no respect for you or your opinions.

You really are all class. And a hypocrite.
Who was talking to you you rude bully.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
saynta wrote:You don't want to know what I really think of you.Your last sentence is pure crap and racist even. Anyway, I disliked you long before I discovered that you didn't live here,mainly because I had no respect for you or your opinions.
You know something saynta? You are a f****** fool, a fair dinkum idiot. You know that proverb about the wise man pointing at the moon and the fool looking at his finger? That's you, the nong looking at the fingers of the other people on this forum. If we were in a pub chatting, you'd be the guy that when he talks everyone just quietly laughs into their beers or kind of tries to ignore.

You go and report me you sad petty piece of s***, I don't care if I get banned for it either, it'll force me off this forum which would probably suit everyone, including me.

You haven't expressed one opinion in any thread which isn't based on you misunderstanding a key element of whatever you're reacting to. I could easily find examples but who really gives a s***. Everyone knows it.

I've been kind to you previously because you just seemed a bit simple which isn't a crime, and i was trying to rise above, but I just can't. I put you on ignore weeks ago, but somehow I always end up seeing your brain dead comments quoted somewhere.

I won't have your continued insults and sniping to try and counter your transparent insecurity at being a bit stupid. Yes, I am talking down to you cos you are a gormless idiot lucky enough to have equal standing on an anonymous forum.

As a final gesture let me respond to your second sentence. I said, talking about Australia, "but just like any other country, if you just say good things people are happy to take your compliments but just try and criticise to see what they really think of you." That's pure crap is it? You just recently proved it isn't YOURSELF, and sadly you are not unique. That's my experience, who the hell are you to tell me that's not real. Ask anyone who has any kind of similar experience, they'll tell you the same.

Racist? Australia is NOT a race, dipshit. AND When I say "just like any other country", its not cos I love typing, its so I don't get imbeciles like you saying "that's racist" - just how foolproof do I have to make a sentence to stop you misunderstanding it?

If you are a troll pretending to be a moron to get a rise out of me congratulations. If you really are this stupid, then its a wonder you survived adolescence.

You are damn right about only one thing, I don't want to know what you think of me. In fact I don't want to know what you think, full stop. I put you on ignore, please do the courtesy of returning the favour. I have never reported you until now because I thought I was bigger. I am disgusted at myself reacting to such mindless annoyances, but there you go.

I've been kind to you in this post, I could have said things not just related to your clear and undeniable lack of intelligence that would get me banned instantly and shunned by all, but they would have been a lot funnier.

I much much preferred stinger, bring that guy back, this version is a deadset loser.
Your abuse has been duly reported as requested.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
You my love.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
You my love.
:D

Darth Vader
Club Player

So I now have Shane Warne and Aker expressing views similar to my own. I'm now seriously questioning myself.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

whiskers3614 wrote:Was fairly ambivalent about all this, till I saw Shane Warne is on the "Goodes needs to harden up" side.

It was an incredibly dumb thing to say. Goodes had and has the right to point out racism as he felt happened to him.

The booing of him began with the racism "ape" issue. Now I have issues in his political treatment of the 13.yo. and personally I don't like the aggressive war dance, but even people who don't like Goodes KNOW that this booing has to stop.

If I think Goodes bullied a 13 y.o isn't hypocritical when a whole crowd of people even if most aren't racist bullies one person week in week out.

Even taking out the divisive racism hysteria, it is bullying plain and simple. For a moment forget the race part are we going to teach our kids it is OK to constantly bully and humiliate a person over and over and over?

So even if you don't think it is racist (which it certainly has elements) it is undisputably bullying.

Warne needs to get his head out of his arse.

You are garbage - Enough said
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Darth Vader wrote:So I now have Shane Warne and Aker expressing views similar to my own. I'm now seriously questioning myself.
Christ mate, I was in agreeance with Rita Panihi and Andrew Bolt.

I had to go and have a shower :( :(

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Goodes should speak to Nicky Winmar

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Darth Vader
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:So I now have Shane Warne and Aker expressing views similar to my own. I'm now seriously questioning myself.

And Sam Newman too. We're in trouble.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Darth Vader wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

And Sam Newman too. We're in trouble.

I couldn't watch TFS last night because I knew he would be saying that.

Oh well I comfort myself in the fact that even a stopped clock is right twice a day :oops: :oops:

markp
Saintsational Legend

Gotta just hope the daft booing stops cold.

But also gotta worry that because it's been framed as left vs right that one side will see it as an admission and conceding defeat if it does.

Then what?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Why is every major issue in this country seen as a left v right wing issue?

No wonder we can never solve anything.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

And Sam Newman and Alan Jones. You are in a lot of trouble. Ever wonder if you've backed the wrong horse?

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Adam Goodes needs to understand Newton's third law (that's Sir Isaac... not Bert!)

...but IMHO... the booing??... i don't like it personally....but to each their own.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Austinnn wrote:
saynta wrote:You don't want to know what I really think of you.Your last sentence is pure crap and racist even. Anyway, I disliked you long before I discovered that you didn't live here,mainly because I had no respect for you or your opinions.
You know something saynta? You are a f****** fool, a fair dinkum idiot. You know that proverb about the wise man pointing at the moon and the fool looking at his finger? That's you, the nong looking at the fingers of the other people on this forum. If we were in a pub chatting, you'd be the guy that when he talks everyone just quietly laughs into their beers or kind of tries to ignore.

You go and report me you sad petty piece of s***, I don't care if I get banned for it either, it'll force me off this forum which would probably suit everyone, including me.

You haven't expressed one opinion in any thread which isn't based on you misunderstanding a key element of whatever you're reacting to. I could easily find examples but who really gives a s***. Everyone knows it.

I've been kind to you previously because you just seemed a bit simple which isn't a crime, and i was trying to rise above, but I just can't. I put you on ignore weeks ago, but somehow I always end up seeing your brain dead comments quoted somewhere.

I won't have your continued insults and sniping to try and counter your transparent insecurity at being a bit stupid. Yes, I am talking down to you cos you are a gormless idiot lucky enough to have equal standing on an anonymous forum.

As a final gesture let me respond to your second sentence. I said, talking about Australia, "but just like any other country, if you just say good things people are happy to take your compliments but just try and criticise to see what they really think of you." That's pure crap is it? You just recently proved it isn't YOURSELF, and sadly you are not unique. That's my experience, who the hell are you to tell me that's not real. Ask anyone who has any kind of similar experience, they'll tell you the same.

Racist? Australia is NOT a race, dipshit. AND When I say "just like any other country", its not cos I love typing, its so I don't get imbeciles like you saying "that's racist" - just how foolproof do I have to make a sentence to stop you misunderstanding it?

If you are a troll pretending to be a moron to get a rise out of me congratulations. If you really are this stupid, then its a wonder you survived adolescence.

You are damn right about only one thing, I don't want to know what you think of me. In fact I don't want to know what you think, full stop. I put you on ignore, please do the courtesy of returning the favour. I have never reported you until now because I thought I was bigger. I am disgusted at myself reacting to such mindless annoyances, but there you go.

I've been kind to you in this post, I could have said things not just related to your clear and undeniable lack of intelligence that would get me banned instantly and shunned by all, but they would have been a lot funnier.

I much much preferred stinger, bring that guy back, this version is a deadset loser.
Your abuse has been duly reported as requested.
Oh for f%$# sake you whine about Goodes hardening the f^%$ up then report people when they are mildly abusive. Jeezus H Christ irony.

Viking3
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:Why is every major issue in this country seen as a left v right wing issue?

That pretty much nails it.
If we deal in facts we would see that the "pro Goodes" argument has some merit and the "anti Goodes" argument also has some merit. But, hey, we can't let facts get in the way of labeling everyone racist or booing repeatedly.

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
Clayton Davis
Club Player

satchmo wrote:This is obviously an emotive subject. But I think that this discussion needs to happen. It is the only good thing to come out of this.
Some mighty fine wisdom expressed right there brother Louis. :idea:

Warning: Press only in situations of extreme disbelief!
######### http://shiiiit.com/ #########
####### Image #######

About a simple man who was horrifically punished by
the powers that be for the terrible crime of trying to
bring light to the common people.

Austinnn
Club Player

Edit. Too long garbled futile mess. Head up a**e. Sleep.
Last edited by Austinnn on Fri 31 Jul 2015 12:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
asiu
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:Adam Goodes needs to understand Newton's third law (that's Sir Isaac... not Bert!)

...but IMHO... the booing??... i don't like it personally....but to each their own.
What !!!
"For every male action there will be a female over reaction"
????

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:And im sure the girl didn't have any racist intentions but she used a racist remark and im also sure he didn't know she was 13.
He knew how old she was the next day at the packed press conference when he said "Racism has a face. It's a 13-year-old girl."
The worst part about that statement is that it was considered and deliberate. Very, very poor form from Goodes and the act of a total bully!
Instead of education, he chose ridicule.

Personally, I don't nor would boo him...Booing would indicate acknowledgement of a threat or some feeling toward him. I just feel nothing for the man. Nothing for his actions on and off the footy field.
I wonder if one of Goodes Go Foundation indigenous 13 year old kids had called a white player an ape, would Goodes have publicly humiliated that kid.
I think we all know the answer but many of the political correct bent won't admit it.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Clayton Davis
Club Player

Austinnn wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Why is every major issue in this country seen as a left v right wing issue?

Or more to the point, why can so few people 'cross the floor'?

This issue has a lot to do with empathy, and who we feel more empathic for:

A celebrated sports star abused for his style of play, being aboriginal and his reaction to racism against him.
A family of colingwood supporters intent on abusing said star by using racist slogans
The daughter of said family innocently joining in who was clumsily treated by an angry victim and authorities
A mostly Caucasian population of a nation who feel hurt by an outspoken individual fairly and constructively but strongly criticising his and their country.
A football audience tired of watching said player's style of play and on field persona.

Its a given that people less interested in racism or less empathic toward victims of racism side with rightwing thought leaders because the right wing is built on a lack of empathy for the common man and the support of a more individualist POV, plus a survival of the fittest sociopolitical order that is happy to let a white majority dominate an aboriginal minority.

It's also a given that anyone who only wants to maintain their privilege of watching their favourite sports without being made to think about the errors of their ancestors will support a group protective of the status quo where rich individuals such as Rupert Murdoch and Kerry Packer can continue to accumilate to the cost of the general public, particularly the more defenceless elements.

People who can empathise with a man challenging the endemic racism of his country are more likely to excuse his behaviour and these flk typically side with the political thought more supportive of groups and individuals negatively affected by a compatively rich white majority.

Right wingers often put themselves and their family before the good of the community, (and this is where it gets awkward for left wingers who start a family and find themselves naturally protective, sometimes at a cost to the community). But right wingers will empathise with a young mum over a victim of racism every time.

I was going somewhere with this, but I've lost the will to continue and I need to sleep. It's probably not even right, I dunno. I just can't be bothered. I don't see the point, no one ever changes their mind, those who agree don't need to be told and those who don't will find a way to dismiss, on all sides.

Wind sister is right, divided and conquered we fall. I am optimistic that we can all be united.
Go saints!
Sheeeiiittt partner, youall may well be tired, but youall sure do make some mighty pertinent poynts right there!

And not juz da ones highlighted neither!

Mighty pertinent!

Warning: Press only in situations of extreme disbelief!
######### http://shiiiit.com/ #########
####### Image #######

About a simple man who was horrifically punished by
the powers that be for the terrible crime of trying to
bring light to the common people.