Gay Pride Match

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gay Pride Match

saynta wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
You're posting unsupportive comments on a thread about a gay pride match and I asked you a perfectly legitimate question about whether you would mind if you're son or daughter were gay.
Pretty simple question but so far you've avoided answering the question which suggests you're motivated to post negatively out of prejudice and not just because you don't think its a good idea as you've tried to represent.
Happy for you set the record straight but alarm bells are ringing.
And as I told you the question is irrelevant and I have no desire to quizz you about yourself or family members as it has nothing to do with this debate. ok so you say I am motivated by prejudice yet you have no proof of any prejudice, do you see how silly you look ?

So if a Gay man told you he didn't want a Gay round what would be your reply then ?

as I told you earlier you really don't deserve any of my time but just wanted to see how far you could bury yourself.
You do know where you are? right?
The question is perfectly ligitimate and relevant given the topic of the thread and your stance on it.
The fact that you've avoided the simple question which could have so easily been answered, in so many way to show you're not about prejudice and yet your silence is deafening.
Shame on you.
You need to work through your contradictions and stop bringing your prejudice onto this thread OR have the courage to own it.
Go and comment on Tom Lee or Adam Schneider's poor disposal but spare me your bigotry!

And this is exactly why we need a gay pride match to fight against the prejudice the LGBTI community face everyday.
Thank you sir, you totally proved my point.
We're done.
What a load of crap. I think firey won that one.

Hey Stinger the mods have said you are him now so its time to man up and just tell us instead of talking crap about it not being you.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
You're posting unsupportive comments on a thread about a gay pride match and I asked you a perfectly legitimate question about whether you would mind if you're son or daughter were gay.
Pretty simple question but so far you've avoided answering the question which suggests you're motivated to post negatively out of prejudice and not just because you don't think its a good idea as you've tried to represent.
Happy for you set the record straight but alarm bells are ringing.
And as I told you the question is irrelevant and I have no desire to quizz you about yourself or family members as it has nothing to do with this debate. ok so you say I am motivated by prejudice yet you have no proof of any prejudice, do you see how silly you look ?

So if a Gay man told you he didn't want a Gay round what would be your reply then ?

as I told you earlier you really don't deserve any of my time but just wanted to see how far you could bury yourself.
You do know where you are? right?
The question is perfectly ligitimate and relevant given the topic of the thread and your stance on it.
The fact that you've avoided the simple question which could have so easily been answered, in so many way to show you're not about prejudice and yet your silence is deafening.
Shame on you.
You need to work through your contradictions and stop bringing your prejudice onto this thread OR have the courage to own it.
Go and comment on Tom Lee or Adam Schneider's poor disposal but spare me your bigotry!

And this is exactly why we need a gay pride match to fight against the prejudice the LGBTI community face everyday.
Thank you sir, you totally proved my point.
We're done.
What a load of crap. I think firey won that one.

Hey Stinger the mods have said you are him now so its time to man up and just tell us instead of talking crap about it not being you.
I guess you are talking to me, not stinger as it is me you are quoting.. For the record you are a liar, as the mods have said no such thing. I am now placing you on ignore so I don't have to read the mindless crap you go on about. You need urgent help as you are unstable and obsessed with someone who no longer posts here. Separation anxiety perhaps?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
I guess you are talking to me, not stinger as it is me you are quoting.. For the record you are a liar, as the mods have said no such thing. I am now placing you on ignore so I don't have to read the mindless crap you go on about. You need urgent help as you are unstable and obsessed with someone who no longer posts here. Separation anxiety perhaps?

Thank god. Now I have just have a go at your rubbish and don't have to hear rubbish back. All back to how it was 6 months ago but now just a different name.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
saynta wrote: What a load of crap. I think firey won that one.
You would. Repeatedly avoided simple relevant question. I think not.
Pwned
what is relevant about the question ?

kp83
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I agree about the disrespect to cops but I don't care that they have a round about sexual preferences especially like blacks, gays have been humiliated over the years. Its about respect of all things that some do not find normal whatever that means these days.
I get that..they have the mardi gras etc..I just think we should leave the matches to represent things of more importance , especially rds that raise money for the needy..ilnesses, homeless etc.
Don't like this way of thinking. To say that they have the mardi gras so they should be happy with their lot seems a bit insulting. Not sure if that is what you meant Fireman, but that's how it reads. And to say that other things of more importance should be supported rather than supporting the gay community probably shows a lack of understanding on the issue. The mental health burdens that are created due to a close-minded society like ours have been shown to lead to higher rates of drug use, homelessness and suicide in this community. Perhaps a round celebrating diversity will help in some way to improve this damning statistic. And even if it doesn't...does it actually hurt anyone to have it? I wouldn't have thought so.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

kp83 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I agree about the disrespect to cops but I don't care that they have a round about sexual preferences especially like blacks, gays have been humiliated over the years. Its about respect of all things that some do not find normal whatever that means these days.
I get that..they have the mardi gras etc..I just think we should leave the matches to represent things of more importance , especially rds that raise money for the needy..ilnesses, homeless etc.
Don't like this way of thinking. To say that they have the mardi gras so they should be happy with their lot seems a bit insulting. Not sure if that is what you meant Fireman, but that's how it reads. And to say that other things of more importance should be supported rather than supporting the gay community probably shows a lack of understanding on the issue. The mental health burdens that are created due to a close-minded society like ours have been shown to lead to higher rates of drug use, homelessness and suicide in this community. Perhaps a round celebrating diversity will help in some way to improve this damning statistic. And even if it doesn't...does it actually hurt anyone to have it? I wouldn't have thought so.
I was just saying that I thought the gay community had a lot going for it anyway and I covered homeless.. but does it hurt ? no I just think there are better things to have a round for and they are a finite source.
These are just my views, hope it doesn't ring any bells with you like it does another poster on here.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

To me we should have lots of rounds of footy that highlight acceptance, the Goodes fiasco seems to have shown that tolerance isn't a strong point in footy. Police have to do a shitty job and deserve their game especially after the Silk/Miller murder- that was pretty horrific for the families of those guys and is a nice way to pay respect. We have a lot of Ambos, Cops and Firies as fans from observation. The LGBT community could do with a bit of acceptance for the good of them and their families. There are 23 rounds of footy, having a few set aside for different groups doesn't hurt.

Freebird
Club Player

Indigenous players are adored in footy....goodes has nothing to do with colour, wake up you stupid people.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

The teams can come out together in this round too

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Freebird wrote:Indigenous players are adored in footy....goodes has nothing to do with colour, wake up you stupid people.
I think you are in the wrong thread.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:Indigenous players are adored in footy....goodes has nothing to do with colour, wake up you stupid people.

Mirror if you think it is that simple. Others have spoken up about their past. People don't like that.

markp
Saintsational Legend

If it really bothers you then you're probably part of the reason that it's a good initiative.