So over the Geary knockers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

So over the Geary knockers

The same old boring posters come on week after week bagging the 14 out.

No matter the thread they will find a way to get him into the conversation.

Jarryn Geary may not be the best player in the team, but he may be the next captain, so you better get used to it.

Oh he can't kick they say, according to AFL stats this year his DE (if you don't know what that is, then don't criticise him) is 78.7 the AFL average is 72.7 that puts him at 146th in the AFL, not bad for someone who can't kick

The knockers will come back and say he only kicks backwards, rubbish, you just know that isn't true, or he only kicks 25 metre dinky passes (take that over a 50 metre turnover)

Handball, did you see that one on Sunday , set up the first goal was brilliant

This year he is average 3.1 tackles (210th in AFL), 2.6 rebounds (79Th) and 2.8 1%ers (117th)

All very solid in the scheme of things.

In my opinion he is the hardest at it player in the team, he waves the flag when he has to and teams love players like him.

So to the knockers I say back off, why you have to knock any Saints player is beyond me, some seem to get their jollies from bagging their own.

fqf

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: So over the Geary knockers

Dont mind Geary but there is no chance he will be captain.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

CURLY wrote:Dont mind Geary but there is no chance he will be captain.

I probably agree but if you were framing a market it would probably be

Armo 1.95
Geary 4.50
Jack S 7.00
Jack N 12.00
Dylan R 25.00

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:

Armo 1.95
Geary 4.50
Jack S 7.00
Jack N 12.00
Dylan R 25.00
Id say Armo 1.01.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:

Armo 1.95
Geary 4.50
Jack S 7.00
Jack N 12.00
Dylan R 25.00
Id say Armo 1.01.

Id say Steven a 500 to one. Anyway Geary is a good solid player and the day he is 15-22 on out list is the day we will be a very good side. By the way he is an average kick and im really caring about what the stats saying because the backs do get some free hits especially compared to mids.

saintjake
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote:

Armo 1.95
Geary 4.50
Jack S 7.00
Jack N 12.00
Dylan R 25.00

That's not a reflection of his talents, but a reflection on our young list.
Geary has been a solid servant for the club.
But he will struggle to get consistent games next year IMO - if players like Wright, Webster, McKenzie continue to develop.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:

Armo 1.95
Geary 4.50
Jack S 7.00
Jack N 12.00
Dylan R 25.00

That's not a reflection of his talents, but a reflection on our young list.
Geary has been a solid servant for the club.
But he will struggle to get consistent games next year IMO - if players like Wright, Webster, McKenzie continue to develop.
Baring injury and a form drop he plays every game next season IMO. Wright for a start hasnt developed at all and we can use McKenzie elsewhere and we need both Geary and Webster.
Last edited by plugger66 on Tue 11 Aug 2015 2:31pm, edited 1 time in total.

#gosaintas
Club Player

He's a shocking kick. One of the worst in the AFL. A turnover merchant and the sooner he is replaced the better. To see him charging out of the backline and hitting an opponent on the chest must be demoralising for the team.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

#gosaintas wrote:He's a shocking kick. One of the worst in the AFL. A turnover merchant and the sooner he is replaced the better. To see him charging out of the backline and hitting an opponent on the chest must be demoralising for the team.
did you even read my post, generalisations are all so easy aren't they

you do understand that if his DE is close to 80 and he is averaging about 19 disposals a game then that is somewhere between 3 and 5 times a game he turns it over, now if you want to call that a "turnover merchant" then feel free

my suggestion is you watch the game with the blindfold off!!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:He's a shocking kick. One of the worst in the AFL. A turnover merchant and the sooner he is replaced the better. To see him charging out of the backline and hitting an opponent on the chest must be demoralising for the team.

you do understand that if his DE is close to 80 and he is averaging about 19 disposals a game then that is somewhere between 3 and 5 times a game he turns it over, now if you want to call that a "turnover merchant" then feel free

Jason Blake and Zac Dawson went at about 90% by foot in 2009/10 and they are both average at best. I reckon most backline players go at over 75%,.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

CURLY wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:

Jason Blake and Zac Dawson went at about 90% by foot in 2009/10 and they are both average at best. I reckon most backline players go at over 75%,.
the best defenders on DE are people like Burchall and Gibson at 85 I would say over 80 is where the elite live, around Geary are Robert Murphy, Heath Shaw not bad players at all

again my point is more about why do people just have to come on and keep bagging their own, especially when it is just generalisations

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Geary is alright, a real goer but disposal efficiency isn't everything. A long kick to a contest is considered an efficient disposal when if the wrong option has been taken can be as good as a turnover.

Geary will be forced out of the side in the coming years but right now he is a starting 18 player.

His defensive efforts, leadership and work rate are a great example for the youngsters and more than make up for his shortcomings.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Sobraz
SS Life Member

I'm staying out of this.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
CURLY wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:

the best defenders on DE are people like Burchall and Gibson at 85 I would say over 80 is where the elite live, around Geary are Robert Murphy, Heath Shaw not bad players at all

again my point is more about why do people just have to come on and keep bagging their own, especially when it is just generalisations

You know why they do it. Because they have said many times that certain players are crap and even when shown otherwise they would rather be right and bag the player than wrong and say sorry. I don't rate Lee but if he becomes a good player I will be ecstatic. And if he is delisted I wont be saying I told you so but it seems for some that is the most important thing even if its to the detriment of our side.

S.A Saint
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote:
CURLY wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:

There is no way you can compare Murphy and Shaw to Geary's kicking even if the DE is roughly the same. Those two players would probably be the best kicks in our team!

he gets his DE up by chipping it backwards and side ways. Watching games most times he actually takes of forward he ends up turning the ball over.

Stats dont mean shiteee

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:
CURLY wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:

You know why they do it. Because they have said many times that certain players are crap and even when shown otherwise they would rather be right and bag the player than wrong and say sorry. I don't rate Lee but if he becomes a good player I will be ecstatic. And if he is delisted I wont be saying I told you so but it seems for some that is the most important thing even if its to the detriment of our side.

maybe some people would rather just back our players in rather than spend our time trying to preempt them not making it. God forbid anyone who disrespects an Essendon player, an umpire or an AFL rule but f%$#ing Tom lee is an abomination from hell who should have been delisted before he was even on the plane from WA.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

maybe some people would rather just back our players in rather than spend our time trying to preempt them not making it. God forbid anyone who disrespects an Essendon player, an umpire or an AFL rule but f%$#ing Tom lee is an abomination from hell who should have been delisted before he was even on the plane from WA.
That is a plainly silly comment designed to bait. I don't start threads saying Lee is no good. I comment when it appropriate. I don't go out of my way to say I don't rate him. We could all sit around and just say positive things about every player but that would just show the actual lack of real thinking that person has. Gringo the one thing I know about you is you are consistent. You will lie or exaggerate to make a point because if it comes down to a clear discussion you cant possibly do that. If out of my comment you made that comment then I feel sorry for you. And to think I would be nearly one of the more positive posters on our players. Are to gutless to have a go at others or should I put you in the embarrassed file because you have stuck up for Lee that much. Has to be one of those if you only have a go at me when talking about people being negative of players.

By the way I hope you never get in a discussion on delisting thread. You wouldn't want to pre-empt something.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

That is a plainly silly comment designed to bait. I don't start threads saying Lee is no good. I comment when it appropriate. I don't go out of my way to say I don't rate him. We could all sit around and just say positive things about every player but that would just show the actual lack of real thinking that person has. Gringo the one thing I know about you is you are consistent. You will lie or exaggerate to make a point because if it comes down to a clear discussion you cant possibly do that. If out of my comment you made that comment then I feel sorry for you. And to think I would be nearly one of the more positive posters on our players. Are to gutless to have a go at others or should I put you in the embarrassed file because you have stuck up for Lee that much. Has to be one of those if you only have a go at me when talking about people being negative of players.

By the way I hope you never get in a discussion on delisting thread. You wouldn't want to pre-empt something.
What ever. You are a self aggrandising loud mouth who shouts down anyone who offers an alternative opinion to you, while giving of the air of someone who is the only fair minded pragmatist on earth. No wonder you vote for Tony Abbott. I quite enjoy trying to bring you back down to earth. Thanks for your pity I will put it on my embarrassed file.

I hope he makes it because he is a really nice young guy who has a lot of talent. You base your opinions on the fact that if he was any good he would be first picked. A heap of things have to go right to get into the system and through a whole lot of factors guys miss out. You just need a few inopportune injuries and a few too many types that are similar and you can go through with out ever getting a chance.

You must have been humiliated when Big Mac got traded out then if backing in a player is enough to send you into a shame spiral.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

What ever. You are a self aggrandising loud mouth who shouts down anyone who offers an alternative opinion to you, while giving of the air of someone who is the only fair minded pragmatist on earth. No wonder you vote for Tony Abbott. I quite enjoy trying to bring you back down to earth. Thanks for your pity I will put it on my embarrassed file.

I hope he makes it because he is a really nice young guy who has a lot of talent. You base your opinions on the fact that if he was any good he would be first picked. A heap of things have to go right to get into the system and through a whole lot of factors guys miss out. You just need a few inopportune injuries and a few too many types that are similar and you can go through with out ever getting a chance.

You must have been humiliated when Big Mac got traded out then if backing in a player is enough to send you into a shame spiral.

Its thread about Geary and I stuck up him and offered reasons why I think people are so biased on players. I used Lee as an example and now you come up with 2 completely redicoulos posts that I don't deserve. I am supporter of most players and even the ones I don't think who will make it I don't make personal comments about them like calling them duds or spuds but you seem fine with those people but out my basic post you have a go at me. As for bringing me back to earth well you are failing badly. I don't want to say you are poor at it but you aren't very good because you lie to try and do it. Tony Abbott. What is wrong with you.

Loud mouth maybe but you have got the wrong thread. You aren't really that smart when you try to have a go at me.

Now the lies again. I think Lee should be first picked if he was any good. What rubbish. And why would I be humiliated when Ben got traded. That isn't a lie but its plainly a silly comment.

By the way I read BF for about the first time in a year yesterday and I saw another lie from you where you said I had a go at you after your first post. I hope you don't lie to your family like you do when talking about things I apparently so but don't actually say.

If you bothered to actually read what I wrote instead of imagining it I said I want to be proved wrong about Lee and will be happy.

Now for a change Gringo use your head and realise I am not a player knocker. Far from it. By the way about 10 people have put me on ignore today so if you cant stand my posting then you may as well join them. I hope you don't because I like debating things with you when you are being sensible. I don't think you are being slightly fair with how you have gone about it here though. As for the others who have piut me on ignore I couldn't be happier. They offer nothing as far as im concerned. You do.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Its thread about Geary and I stuck up him and offered reasons why I think people are so biased on players. I used Lee as an example and now you come up with 2 completely redicoulos posts that I don't deserve. I am supporter of most players and even the ones I don't think who will make it I don't make personal comments about them like calling them duds or spuds but you seem fine with those people but out my basic post you have a go at me. As for bringing me back to earth well you are failing badly. I don't want to say you are poor at it but you aren't very good because you lie to try and do it. Tony Abbott. What is wrong with you.

Loud mouth maybe but you have got the wrong thread. You aren't really that smart when you try to have a go at me.

Now the lies again. I think Lee should be first picked if he was any good. What rubbish. And why would I be humiliated when Ben got traded. That isn't a lie but its plainly a silly comment.

By the way I read BF for about the first time in a year yesterday and I saw another lie from you where you said I had a go at you after your first post. I hope you don't lie to your family like you do when talking about things I apparently so but don't actually say.

If you bothered to actually read what I wrote instead of imagining it I said I want to be proved wrong about Lee and will be happy.

Now for a change Gringo use your head and realise I am not a player knocker. Far from it.
I don't really care to argue with you, I have a go at anyone I think is unfairly targeting our players so don't get paranoid. If it wasn't the first post it was certainly pretty early on. You put me off posting on here when I first started and I find I'm enjoying spending time on BF more and more as every post on here becomes about you. I know I am encouraging that right now but I seem to have a compulsion. Anyway, way to go putting your name into Bigfooty and trawling through to see how popular you are. That would have been at least six months ago I wrote that.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I have never bagged Geary (on here) but I must say I'm very much over him now.
If we delisted him (I know we won't and don't particularly want us to) I don't think anyone would draft him due to his poor disposal.
Acres gets bagged and dropped for turnovers but if given ten games in a row he would pass Geary
The more I think about it I want him gone

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
I don't really care to argue with you, I have a go at anyone I think is unfairly targeting our players so don't get paranoid. If it wasn't the first post it was certainly pretty early on. You put me off posting on here when I first started and I find I'm enjoying spending time on BF more and more as every post on here becomes about you. I know I am encouraging that right now but I seem to have a compulsion. Anyway, way to go putting your name into Bigfooty and trawling through to see how popular you are. That would have been at least six months ago I wrote that.

Seeing how popular I am. Putting my name on BF? What does that even mean? I looked at the SS thread. How would I know what was on it. Seriously gringo I think you must be having a bad day. And if I annoy that much then put me on ignore. It takes about 5 seconds. And I notice you didn't have a go at a poster on this thread who had a go at a player. But I suppose that's everyone. Not.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Love Gears. Needs to nail his kicks under pressure, but so does most of our team.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
SinCitySainter
Club Player

I read the thread title and came over all Benny Hill.

Saint_J
Club Player

Gringo and P66 you guys really need to meet up and F^%it out. The tension between u to is getting way to high.