Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jake Carlisle

WinnersOnly wrote:Plugger do you ever have an original thought? Or does you whole life exist for quoting and criticising others?

Im pretty sure I have said twice in this thread what we should do with Carlisle. Yep twice. And someone said I said something I didn't so I told him so. I also asked where Rice lives. Instead of having a go at me have a look what I said. I will take it you wont apologise but I will accept it anyway.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

hmm
i could go here and get a job with this much pay
or
i could go here which is closer and i like that area better and its a shorter commute and is closer to friends and my outside of football hobbies for roughly the same pay

no
when deciding to go to a melb club in a job thats prob only going to last till you are around 30, location would have nothing to do with it...for a JOB
:roll: :roll:

it would be a BIG factor

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:hmm
or
i could go here which is closer and i like that area better and its a shorter commute and is closer to friends and my outside of football hobbies for roughly the same pay

no
when deciding to go to a melb club in a job thats prob only going to last till you are around 30, location would have nothing to do with it...for a JOB

it would be a BIG factor

Without having a clue where Rice lives im pretty sure he lives much closer to Seaford than Princes park. That is why for especially I think it is rubbish about Seaford. So if its a big factor we must be getting Rice.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so without having a clue on where someone lives we are pretty sure where he lives.

great work columbo

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:so without having a clue on where someone lives we are pretty sure where he lives.

great work columbo

Its actually called common sense. He plays for the Dandenong Stingrays. Not that hard to work out he would live much closer to Seaford than Carlton. Maybe you should lok a little further before your smartarse comment to me.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Bailey Rice lives in Little Rock Arkansas.

FFS, do some research!

http://www.hnhagency.com/portfolio/bailey-rice/

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Oh and trading away early picks on key big men. I only have one word in response.

BarryBrooks.

Get it right or leave them alone.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Plugger do you ever have an original thought? Or does you whole life exist for quoting and criticising others?

Im pretty sure I have said twice in this thread what we should do with Carlisle. Yep twice. And someone said I said something I didn't so I told him so. I also asked where Rice lives. Instead of having a go at me have a look what I said. I will take it you wont apologise but I will accept it anyway.
At least you are consistent!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Sobraz
SS Life Member

SENsei wrote:Oh and trading away early picks on key big men. I only have one word in response.

BarryBrooks.

Had Barry Brooks played 80 games and had an 8 goal game before we traded for him?

I've got another one word for you.

FraserGehrig.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
SENsei wrote:Oh and trading away early picks on key big men. I only have one word in response.

BarryBrooks.

Had Barry Brooks played 80 games and had an 8 goal game before we traded for him?

I've got another one word for you.

FraserGehrig.
Well yes, but Brooks went for pick 6 and Gehrig went for pick 18. Slight difference there.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

At least you are consistent!

So even though I proved you wrong you are saying because I quoted you im consistent. Unless you want me to PM you there isn't another way of telling you what you said was completely wrong as with this quote. You do get that surely?

jaxons
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:Seaford stuff is crap. As much as I think it's a hole, it'd have no baring whatsoever on Carlisle's or anyone else's decision to come to us or not. Primarily because it'll only be for 12 months before we are back at Moorabbin, and secondly because the $$'s on offer would make any drive to any destination far more luxurious and comfortable. He's been travelling to Tullamarine for 5 years for crying out loud.

So far we have Aish and Treloar to the Pies, Carlisle to Blues, Danger to Cats, Prestia to Demons, Shultz to Freo.... I'm guessing maybe 1 out of that 6 will eventuate.
We are still a long way short of having Moorabbin eventuate!
Like $8 million.

S.A Saint
Club Player

Back on topic... The game on the weekend showed that we need another defender thats 195 plus, we will continue to get monstered esp as teams will rest their ruckman in the forward line stretching us even further. We dont have any backman that will be on our list besides goodard and probably del when we start challanging in a couple of years time. Give them our second rounder as we need a kpd more than mids!

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:Back on topic... The game on the weekend showed that we need another defender thats 195 plus, we will continue to get monstered esp as teams will rest their ruckman in the forward line stretching us even further. We dont have any backman that will be on our list besides goodard and probably del when we start challanging in a couple of years time. Give them our second rounder as we need a kpd more than mids!

We must think Goddard will make it. We cant recruit thinking he wont. He is our monster. We don't need two monsters. I don't see size as a problem just ability and about 193-95 cm is big enough. By the way I think if our mids controlled the ball then it wouldn't matter who the opposition had up forward. We need mids and then more mids and then finally I would look at more mids.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Stayed near Carlisle one night years ago. Had a Cumberland sausage in a pub with a very low ceiling.

Okey...moving on

S.A Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:Back on topic... The game on the weekend showed that we need another defender thats 195 plus, we will continue to get monstered esp as teams will rest their ruckman in the forward line stretching us even further. We dont have any backman that will be on our list besides goodard and probably del when we start challanging in a couple of years time. Give them our second rounder as we need a kpd more than mids!

We must think Goddard will make it. We cant recruit thinking he wont. He is our monster. We don't need two monsters. I don't see size as a problem just ability and about 193-95 cm is big enough. By the way I think if our mids controlled the ball then it wouldn't matter who the opposition had up forward. We need mids and then more mids and then finally I would look at more mids.
Goddard NEEDS to make it or we are pretty screwed. After him we only have Delany left and he cant even crack a game at the moment. We need another defender Goddards size to take the other tall forward or resting ruckman.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I don't know where Rice lives, but according to the club he is zoned to Frankston.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Goddard NEEDS to make it or we are pretty screwed. After him we only have Delany left and he cant even crack a game at the moment. We need another defender Goddards size to take the other tall forward or resting ruckman.

No we don't. We need another defender but I have seen nothing from any side in the AFL that suggests you need 2 199cm backmen. About 193 is plenty tall enough. If anything forward lines are getting smaller and the lower the interchange the smaller they will get IMO. It could just become a game for guys are repetitive runners. How many sides rest rucks forward anyway?

S.A Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No we don't. We need another defender but I have seen nothing from any side in the AFL that suggests you need 2 199cm backmen. About 193 is plenty tall enough. If anything forward lines are getting smaller and the lower the interchange the smaller they will get IMO. It could just become a game for guys are repetitive runners. How many sides rest rucks forward anyway?
having a look at our defence this year when we had fisher out we have looked undersized. every team has 2 big defender look at the top teams. Mcpharlin, johnson, pearce and dawson for fre are all over 195+, Eagles have Brown, Mackenzie, Mcgovern Schofiled all 195+ and you have the hawks with Lake, Frawley and gibson etc. in 2 years time we will have Goddard and ummm yea thats pretty much it. So id say that all the top teams do have 2 or 3 players that are 195 in their side. Most teams at various stages will have 2 or 3 forward that are 195+ swans have tippet, buddy goodes etc... dogs have redpath boyd crameri stringer etc.. eagles have darling kennedy plus sinclair, pies will have moore, cloke, white... suns have a few as well... gws have patton cameron mccarthy etc.. so yes i believe that carlile would be ideal or someone else over 195+

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
having a look at our defence this year when we had fisher out we have looked undersized. every team has 2 big defender look at the top teams. Mcpharlin, johnson, pearce and dawson for fre are all over 195+, Eagles have Brown, Mackenzie, Mcgovern Schofiled all 195+ and you have the hawks with Lake, Frawley and gibson etc. in 2 years time we will have Goddard and ummm yea thats pretty much it. So id say that all the top teams do have 2 or 3 players that are 195 in their side. Most teams at various stages will have 2 or 3 forward that are 195+ swans have tippet, buddy goodes etc... dogs have redpath boyd crameri stringer etc.. eagles have darling kennedy plus sinclair, pies will have moore, cloke, white... suns have a few as well... gws have patton cameron mccarthy etc.. so yes i believe that carlile would be ideal or someone else over 195+

I notice you didn't give us the heights of the Hawks defenders. And most you have mentioned aren't anywhere near the height of Goddard. As long a the player is a good player then 193 to 195 is big enough. Most forwards aren't that much taller than that so I have no idea why defenders need to be. I don't think the problem with Fisher is that he is undersized, I think he is just getting older. I would be happy to get Carlisle and have said that but not because he is 198 but because he is a good defender.

S.A Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:

I notice you didn't give us the heights of the Hawks defenders. And most you have mentioned aren't anywhere near the height of Goddard. As long a the player is a good player then 193 to 195 is big enough. Most forwards aren't that much taller than that so I have no idea why defenders need to be. I don't think the problem with Fisher is that he is undersized, I think he is just getting older. I would be happy to get Carlisle and have said that but not because he is 198 but because he is a good defender.
Frawley 193 but plays much taller than that

Lake 195 and like wise can play an the 197+ players.

we just need another defender that is min 194 (obv needs to be good) to take on the taller forwards that seem to be popping up

FQF
SS Life Member

Reported tonight that Treloar to Collingwood is pretty much a done deal. I'm a bit miffed that we didn't even get mentioned in the reports as a team chasing him. I hope we are being aggressive enough in our trading and not just hoping for the odd Membrey to fall off the back of the truck.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

FQF wrote:Reported tonight that Treloar to Collingwood is pretty much a done deal. I'm a bit miffed that we didn't even get mentioned in the reports as a team chasing him. I hope we are being aggressive enough in our trading and not just hoping for the odd Membrey to fall off the back of the truck.
because we are a small team, Ameet has decided not to do anything and just collect his pay cheque.

Cant compete so we are doing nothing

You are garbage - Enough said
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:hmm
or

no

it would be a BIG factor

Without having a clue where Rice lives im pretty sure he lives much closer to Seaford than Princes park. That is why for especially I think it is rubbish about Seaford. So if its a big factor we must be getting Rice.
Maybe an 18 year old doesn't feel the urge to live with or near his parents

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Reported tonight that Treloar to Collingwood is pretty much a done deal. .
Would have to be for their first rounder surely? At the very least you would think.