Thanks Faz!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thanks Faz!

whiskers3614 wrote:Was that the first game that Riewoldt played away from FF/CHF?

No I think he played in the backline in his first year but I cant remember many if any he has played the whole game away from the forward line since then.

longtimesaint
Club Player

saynta wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:And farewell.

I've really enjoyed watching him over the past 6ish years at the Saints and was a great pickup for us.

But his time has come it seems fairly obvious.

Maybe a farewell match next?
I have to agree.

That should have been his last game, along with Murdoch and Saunders.

I think we can pick the players to be delisted now.

Ray, Saunders, Murdoch, Simpkin, Sipposs, White, Marksworth with Saad and Schneider to go from the rookie list.

Shenton can think himself lucky because his performance tonight was pathetic.
I don't think we will delist that many as the next draft is said to be shallow.
Whats the point delisting someone only to find your fourth or fifth pick are not that good.
With Sinclair and Holmes to get upgrades, I think we will only delist or retire 5 unless we trade for a player.
Ray, Saunders, Simpkin, Sipposs, and White would be my guess.

One year will be our year
older saint
SS Life Member

With Schnieder likely gone, Ray's experience is important and could fill that type of role, if happy too.

I see Siposs, Saunders White Simpkins all gone (don't know contract positions) , Murdoch and markworth on the fringe- Maybe worth a game in last 2 weeks to see how he goes at the higher level.

That would be 5 with Schnieder retiring ( hopefully added to coaching staff) .

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:With Schnieder likely gone, Ray's experience is important and could fill that type of role, if happy too.

I see Siposs, Saunders White Simpkins all gone (don't know contract positions) , Murdoch and markworth on the fringe- Maybe worth a game in last 2 weeks to see how he goes at the higher level.

That would be 5 with Schnieder retiring ( hopefully added to coaching staff) .

Schneider isn't on the main list though. We need a position for Sinclair and may need one for Holmes. Not sure if he will be upgraded or not. We would surely have 4 picks in the draft and who knows about trades. So allowing for all that we need 5 or maybe 6 delistings from the main list.

FQF
SS Life Member

Murdoch is not in the same boat as Saunders, Siposs, White et al. He's had a very unlucky run. Regularly suffering from minor injuries that break his momentum, then performing well in the VFL, then playing sub where it's almost impossible to impress. This has continued his whole career. I think Murdoch needs to play the rest of the year in the AFL playing full games. Markworth to play sub (in for Saunders).