VFL Best 2015

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Austinnn
Club Player

Re: VFL Best 2015

plugger66 wrote:
Austinnn wrote:I have a question that I'm not sure needs a separate thread:

With St Kikda having a standalone VFL team next year, does St Kilda have an extended list with enough players for both teams or does St Kilda VFL have an independent list with room for our non 1st team players? If the first option, I assume we'd keep players like Siposs, Curren and Simpkin who are guns at the VFL level, but won't get many AFL games with us. Would we redtaft Clint for the VFL team?

I don't think we have stand alone next year. I think it maybe the year after but the VFL expets will know. As for the list well the reserves side will get players from local leagues to top up but none of those players are able to play for the Saints seniors no matter how good they are going. As for keeping players that maybe delisted well it isn't that easy. A lot like a fresh start or go interstate. I know we kept CJ and TDL last season but it doesn't always happen. And there maybe some sort of salary cap for the extra players anyway which would make it impossible to keep them. Even if there isn't it may cost our club to much to keep them.
Cheers for the answer. I did wonder if I was wrong about it being next year, guess I was.

So the arrangement would be pretty much like we have with Sandy then? A separate list made up of the rest of our squad and players from local leagues?

I get that the players might want a fresh start, but let's say Sippa wants to stay, do we keep him for our VFL team? Or do we delist and he rejoins the St Kilda VFL team as 'a player from the local leagues' who isn't allowed to play in the AFL side?

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Austinnn wrote:I have a question that I'm not sure needs a separate thread:

With St Kikda having a standalone VFL team next year, does St Kilda have an extended list with enough players for both teams or does St Kilda VFL have an independent list with room for our non 1st team players? If the first option, I assume we'd keep players like Siposs, Curren and Simpkin who are guns at the VFL level, but won't get many AFL games with us. Would we redtaft Clint for the VFL team?

I don't think we have stand alone next year. I think it maybe the year after but the VFL expets will know. As for the list well the reserves side will get players from local leagues to top up but none of those players are able to play for the Saints seniors no matter how good they are going. As for keeping players that maybe delisted well it isn't that easy. A lot like a fresh start or go interstate. I know we kept CJ and TDL last season but it doesn't always happen. And there maybe some sort of salary cap for the extra players anyway which would make it impossible to keep them. Even if there isn't it may cost our club to much to keep them.
Cheers for the answer. I did wonder if I was wrong about it being next year, guess I was.

So the arrangement would be pretty much like we have with Sandy then? A separate list made up of the rest of our squad and players from local leagues?

I get that the players might want a fresh start, but let's say Sippa wants to stay, do we keep him for our VFL team? Or do we delist and he rejoins the St Kilda VFL team as 'a player from the local leagues' who isn't allowed to play in the AFL side?

Well if he wants to play and the club don't think he is an AFL footballer then he is delisted and then can play in our reserves should he choose. All of those type of players then pick a home club say for example Ormond and if they are dropped from our reserves can then play at their local club.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Totals:

50: Jones (12)
39: Brown (10)
29: Minchington (7)
21: Lee (5)
20: Saad (r) (6)
17: Acres (4)
16: Cockie (5), Wright (4)
11: Curren (3), Simpkin (3)
10: Delaney (3), Goddard (3), Membrey (3), Murdoch (2), Pierce (2), Ross (3)
9: McCartin (4)
8: Holmes (r) (3), McKenzie (3), Ray (3), Saunders (2)
7: Shenton (3)
6: Noone
5: Sinclair
4: Ong, Zijai
3: Cook, Hickey, Le Grice (2), Templeton, Weickhardt (2)
2: Gilbert, Siposs
1: Shakallis

Round 20: Saad, Pierce, Jones, Cook, Siposs, Weickhardt
Round 19: Brown, Pierce, Jones, Saad, Weickhardt, McCartin
Round 18: Jones, Membrey, Brown, Delaney, Ray, Shenton
Round 17: Noone, Minchington, Shenton, Ray, Jones, Membrey
Round 16: bye
Round 15: Ross, Jones, Membrey, Acres, Shenton, Brown
Round 14: Minchington, Simpkin, Murdoch, Jones, Ross, Delaney
Round 13: Murdoch, Wright, Zijai, Goddard, Simpkin, Cockie
Round 12: Delaney, Jones, Saunders, Templeton, Cockie, McCartin
Round 11: Jones, Sinclair, McCartin, Brown, Cockie, McKenzie
Round 10: bye
Round 9: Cockie, Lee, Saad, Wright, Brown, Holmes
Round 8: Minchington, Brown, Wright, Jones, Gilbert, ?
Round 7: Curren, Brown, Saunders, Ray, Le Grice, Minchington
Round 6: Lee, Jones, Ong, McCartin, Ross, Le Grice
Round 5: Acres, Holmes, Minchington, Saad, Jones, Curren
Round 4: Acres, Cockie, Curren, Lee, Goddard, Saad
Round 3: Brown, Minchington, Wright, Saad, Holmes, Lee
Round 2: McKenzie, Goddard, Simpkin, Brown, Acres, Shakallis
Round 1: Lee, Jones, Brown, Hickey, Minchington, McKenzie

CJ in the best for 8 of the last 9 games of the season.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Long time between drinks for Acres..... geez we need this kid to make it!!!!

“Yeah….nah””
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Long time between drinks for Acres..... geez we need this kid to make it!!!!
Been injured and in and out of the seniors.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Teflon wrote:Long time between drinks for Acres..... geez we need this kid to make it!!!!
Been injured and in and out of the seniors.
Thanks Curly that reassures me ..... need a smart Dal replacement and I'm betting on this kid for that!!

“Yeah….nah””