Crying about Motlops to far....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Crying about Motlops to far....

Toy Saint wrote:No idea what the fuss is about, he ran about 25 meters and the rules say he can only run 15. So where is the problem?
You are right,there isn't one. The decision was correct. The Geelong coach should cop a fine.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I thought that two of Geelong's early first quarter goals from free kicks, were very iffy. It goes both ways.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
fugazi wrote:
Saint_J wrote:Motlop was so damaging tonight... would love to have him at the Saints..
+1

Motlop was BOG but I am sure if we were rumoured to recruit him the usual suspects on here would somehow invent some reason to bag him and then compare him to Andrew Lovett and Dayle Garlett.

Will bag recruiting him too if he's a woman basher, pisshead or known drug user!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Clearly ran too far.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Clearly ran too far.
That's what Richo reckons. Every day of the week. Chris Scott is such a whiner.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
bigred wrote:Clearly ran too far.
That's what Richo reckons. Every day of the week. Chris Scott is such a whiner.

Yep correct decision.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:No idea what the fuss is about, he ran about 25 meters and the rules say he can only run 15. So where is the problem?

Just bacause Savage ran about 30 metres earlier in the game doesn't make the Motlop call wrong, the savage decision was wrong.
Ha ha i reckon he did it at least twice, Savage that is!!

Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

Funny thing was that Motlop got the ball on the wing a few minutes later and bounced it after 5 metres.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

He actually bounced it after 5m on the one he got pinged for. It was the extra 37m that caused the problem.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti wrote:He actually bounced it after 5m on the one he got pinged for. It was the extra 37m that caused the problem.
Maybe that's his thing, then. Bounce it as soon as you get it and then run as far as you like!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Bare in mind that the bounce he took was pretty close to the centre circle, he went about 25 metres.

What annoys me is "darce" talking about the theatre and spirit of the goal and that umpires should let it go even if it is technically there. BS. If you're good enough you take a second bounce, if not you can't run from the centre of the ground and kick a goal from 40 metres out.

I do love motlop as a player though - would take him in a heartbeat.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The quarter was only half over. It wasn't like it was the dying stages of the game.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Bare in mind that the bounce he took was pretty close to the centre circle, he went about 25 metres.

What annoys me is "darce" talking about the theatre and spirit of the goal and that umpires should let it go even if it is technically there. BS. If you're good enough you take a second bounce, if not you can't run from the centre of the ground and kick a goal from 40 metres out.

I do love motlop as a player though - would take him in a heartbeat.

Plus going sideways. Its a clear free and was paid as it should have been.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:The quarter was only half over. It wasn't like it was the dying stages of the game.
I won't know if that's true until I hear it from Bunk.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

SaintPav wrote:The quarter was only half over. It wasn't like it was the dying stages of the game.
The Motlop decision happened with about 12 minutes to go (Running around the player clearly indicated he had run too far anyway). Gregson ran well over the mark where Mav Weller took his with a minute left on the clock. He was incensed. I saw it right in front of me and I was as upset as him. As Luke Ball said on the Sunday Footy Show it is a 50 every day of the week. As one bloke said to me the umps were too scared to call it so late in a tight game.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The whole male part of the Cats cheer squad need some medication for going too early.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
S.A Saint
Club Player

Would love him at the saints.. would offer our second rounder and possibly throw in some steak knives such as shenton if they would take him. Cats will be needing a few picks since every player wants to come to them (hendo, danger and possibly selwood)

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:Would love him at the saints.. would offer our second rounder and possibly throw in some steak knives such as shenton if they would take him. Cats will be needing a few picks since every player wants to come to them (hendo, danger and possibly selwood)

Shenton is worth nothing and a second rounder would get either his top half of his body or the bottom half but not both. He is a first rounder surely. Anyway unless he wants out why would they lose Motlop for Selwood for example. Dangerfield doesn't cost unless Adelaide match the offer.

S.A Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:Would love him at the saints.. would offer our second rounder and possibly throw in some steak knives such as shenton if they would take him. Cats will be needing a few picks since every player wants to come to them (hendo, danger and possibly selwood)

Shenton is worth nothing and a second rounder would get either his top half of his body or the bottom half but not both. He is a first rounder surely. Anyway unless he wants out why would they lose Motlop for Selwood for example. Dangerfield doesn't cost unless Adelaide match the offer.
Given his age and all i dont think he is worth a top 10 pick.. probs more around 15 or so but we could probably entice them with a defensive player considering half there backline will be gone in a year or so. Has put contract talks on hold and i think he can see the ship down at geelong sinking and maybe wants to be part of a premiership push rather than a re build. Selwood i believe is keen to play with his brother and they will need to find a way to get hendo across considering he will most likely cost around the pick 15 mark as well.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Given his age and all i dont think he is worth a top 10 pick.. probs more around 15 or so but we could probably entice them with a defensive player considering half there backline will be gone in a year or so. Has put contract talks on hold and i think he can see the ship down at geelong sinking and maybe wants to be part of a premiership push rather than a re build. Selwood i believe is keen to play with his brother and they will need to find a way to get hendo across considering he will most likely cost around the pick 15 mark as well.

Well we agree to disagree. Motlop is a much better player than Selwood IMO and surely would be worth more. Anyway I don't think we would be interested at all because of his age based on what Richo said yesterday. He is certainly worth more than pock 25 though.

S.A Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well we agree to disagree. Motlop is a much better player than Selwood IMO and surely would be worth more. Anyway I don't think we would be interested at all because of his age based on what Richo said yesterday. He is certainly worth more than pock 25 though.
Selwood when up and about he is a clearance beast. I would say that motlop is better but not by much. He is he will just turn 25 at the start of next season so i wouldnt think he is that much out of our age bracket considering we only have a couple of players in that mid 20's mark. I tbh dont think he will be at the cats come bext season.

Trade wise what do you think motlop and bennell are worth each?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Selwood when up and about he is a clearance beast. I would say that motlop is better but not by much. He is he will just turn 25 at the start of next season so i wouldnt think he is that much out of our age bracket considering we only have a couple of players in that mid 20's mark. I tbh dont think he will be at the cats come bext season.

Trade wise what do you think motlop and bennell are worth each?

Motlop 10 to 15 and Bennell 3 to 8. Obviously changes if you can add a good player.

saint6709
Club Player

wonder if Scott watched on the couch

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/g ... id=1540953