Booing goodes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: Booing goodes

loris wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
I called Jetta a seagull during the game,
Shame on you B_M............. that is terrible........ I'm reporting you to the RSPCA! :wink: :wink:

PS.................Incase anyone says I'm being a racist........... I would also report B_M to the RSPCA if he called Brent Harvey a Seagull :P

Where will it end :roll: :roll:

Don't know loris, just let me check with Andrew Maher or Gerard Whateley, they know.

You are garbage - Enough said
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

. Would I like to go to the footy to watch Goodes or stay at home and watch dancing with the Stars ? It seems the choice is acedemic. Booooooooo

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I couldn't hear the booing watching on tellie, so I'm glad it was only a few… though it is a bit weird when people can't boo a poor decision involving Goodes… probably good if we can try to build some respect though I guess, whatever shape that takes.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I think we should all blame West Coast for this. They were the morons who opened up a can of worms.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

I heard the booing on TV, but it wasn't continuous and was deserved when it occurred.

As mentioned in previous threads Goodes did a couple of things during the game that warranted booing.

Nothing to do with race.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Grrrrr
Club Player

Blame it on the grog...

And move on

:P

loris
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:I heard the booing on TV, but it wasn't continuous and was deserved when it occurred.

As mentioned in previous threads Goodes did a couple of things during the game that warranted booing.

Nothing to do with race.
Yes I heard it too when Goodes first touched the ball or got a kick.

One of the commentators said something thing about booing. And Leigh Matthews retorted that he didn't think it was booing, but is was some sort of noise/sound from the crowd which always happens. Think it was Leigh's way of saying to the other commentator, c'mon let's get on with the actual game, not get hooked up on Goodes & booing.

I must go back and watch the tape of the game and listen again to what Leigh actually said.................... if, I can bring myself to watch the debacle again :cry: :cry: Luckily it was in the first few minutes of the game, so I don't have to subject myself to too much angst :(

Austinnn
Club Player

It's pretty clear from the nature of the posts on this thread what the characters of those posters are. It's a real shame, but there you go. I'm not gonna get into this again, I realise its pointless to debate social issues this serious in this context.

But a big F.U. to those of us who chose to boo Adam Goodes, for whatever reason, and stain our club and all us Saints fans. You can find some solace with the Pies fans who openly hated Nicky Winmar for his dirty play or poor character. You have won, our club has lost. As if being humiliated on the field wasn't enough.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

mullet wrote:Oh come on guys.

Everyone at the game knows he got booed at his first touch. He didn't get booed again. I think people told the booers to shut up.
This.

I was at the game.

He was roundly and loudly booed the first time he touched the ball and no umpire's decisions, or flailing elbows, were involved. Anyone who claims otherwise is deluded.

Fortunately, it did die down, and eventually was heard again only in the context of the play.

A bit of a reality check for me. I'm one of those who thought we might take the opportunity to show we are better than that, even if we aren't.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:

Everyone at the game knows he got booed at his first touch. He didn't get booed again. I think people told the booers to shut up.
This.

I was at the game.

He was roundly and loudly booed the first time he touched the ball and no umpire's decisions, or flailing elbows, were involved. Anyone who claims otherwise is deluded.

Fortunately, it did die down, and eventually was heard again only in the context of the play.

A bit of a reality check for me. I'm one of those who thought we might take the opportunity to show we are better than that, even if we aren't.
I think this scenario is even better…

While completely unrealistic to expect a membership base of 40,000 people from all walks of life be on the same page...

I think it's great that the majority made those who were booing feel so uncomfortable that they realised their behavior was unacceptable.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/adam-g ... 7504968708

"UPDATE: SYDNEY chairman Andrew Pridham has defended St Kilda fans in the wake of another Adam Goodes booing controversy.

Fans hit social media on Sunday to report more booing of the dual Brownlow medallist, who kicked three goals in the Swans’ emphatic win.

But Pridham, who strongly defended Goodes when he had to take a week away from footy earlier this season, said he didn’t hear anything nasty in the crowd in Etihad Stadium."

Exactly, but hey, let the pecker pullers beat it up into something else.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Superboot wrote:

This.

I was at the game.

I think this scenario is even better…

While completely unrealistic to expect a membership base of 40,000 people from all walks of life be on the same page...

I think it's great that the majority made those who were booing feel so uncomfortable that they realised their behavior was unacceptable.
Yep he definitely got booed but lets not assume it was racist related. If you are going to quote me, then quote all I said.
Yes he got booed, was it racial? would need to ask every booer. Were the booers stopped, yep . Some people chose to give goodes a standing ovation every time he went near the ball. I donot believe that everyone who booed is a racist. As I have said in an earlier post I believe everyone should be treated equally, however it seems that someone can decide its racist even if there are no racist undertones and even if there is no factual evidence of racism. That upsets me.

realdeal
Club Player

saynta wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/adam-g ... 7504968708

"UPDATE: SYDNEY chairman Andrew Pridham has defended St Kilda fans in the wake of another Adam Goodes booing controversy.

Fans hit social media on Sunday to report more booing of the dual Brownlow medallist, who kicked three goals in the Swans’ emphatic win.

But Pridham, who strongly defended Goodes when he had to take a week away from footy earlier this season, said he didn’t hear anything nasty in the crowd in Etihad Stadium."

End of story you'd think! Sydney have been very strong on this issue. Nothing to see hear, move on.

OdieCalodie
Club Player

I got to the game late around 3 quarter time and people were booing Goodes.

I was surprised and appalled, mainly because as a Saints supporter I don't want to be associated with these Booing idiots. To many Saints fans credit though, they did try and cheer over them.

And yes, even the scoreboard didn't shut the Booers up, but hey, they sure showed Goodsey and the Swans!

Pathetic and embarrassing.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote:
saynta wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/adam-g ... 7504968708

End of story you'd think! Sydney have been very strong on this issue. Nothing to see hear, move on.
I would think they just want it to go away and stop being a distraction to Goodes and to them. They probably feel it will die away and no one is seemingly listening anyway. A bit more class from them than us unfortunately. Hardly a pat on the back to us.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

As someone else said earlier at least we know where we stand with some on here.

For those who still think it ok to boo .. read this http://www.theaustralian.com.au/life/we ... 5bb21b1503

So simply if you agree with the comments yelled by the pies supporter then sorry there is no hope.

However if you think that they are disgusting but you still think it is ok to boo, then by booing you are giving him support, because yes we cannot differentiate between the racist booing and the theatrical booing. Therefore the simple anwser is don't boo and let the racist stand alone.

fqf

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:It's pretty clear from the nature of the posts on this thread what the characters of those posters are. It's a real shame, but there you go. I'm not gonna get into this again, I realise its pointless to debate social issues this serious in this context.

But a big F.U. to those of us who chose to boo Adam Goodes, for whatever reason, and stain our club and all us Saints fans. You can find some solace with the Pies fans who openly hated Nicky Winmar for his dirty play or poor character. You have won, our club has lost. As if being humiliated on the field wasn't enough.
No Collingwood fan openly hated Cuz for his dirty play or poor character for f***'s sake. They were and are simply out and out racists.

If you don't know the full facts, don't post ridiculous statements.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:As someone else said earlier at least we know where we stand with some on here.

For those who still think it ok to boo .. read this http://www.theaustralian.com.au/life/we ... 5bb21b1503

So simply if you agree with the comments yelled by the pies supporter then sorry there is no hope.

However if you think that they are disgusting but you still think it is ok to boo, then by booing you are giving him support, because yes we cannot differentiate between the racist booing and the theatrical booing. Therefore the simple anwser is don't boo and let the racist stand alone.

fqf
I was at a footy game last year where a guy was yelling spastic and retard at the players- unfortunately one of ours. There was a kid behind us with some kind of syndrome and the kids dad came over and quietly explained why he shouldn't and the guy shut up but it was pretty ugly behaviour- although I don't think the guy was malicious. Do the people think that's okay? The guy was just expressing his right to yell what ever he wanted after paying his money. I was embarrassed for the guy but there was a little bit of shame because everyone at some stage would have used language that could be derogatory. We all hope we won't display it to the people who might be offended by it.

We then live happily thinking as long as someone offended by it didn't hear it. I was talking to some parents at school and one started going on about Jews being cheap and arseholes- only one of the other parent I was with was Jewish. The Jewish lady didn't make an issue of it but I had to tell this person later about their faux pas. They were absolutely mortified and tried to explain how they weren't racist to me.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

terry smith rules wrote:As someone else said earlier at least we know where we stand with some on here.

fqf
yes we all agree with that article. We all boo Adam Goodes because he is an aboriginal.

We are all racist, every single last one of us, even if we only booed the pissweak decisions of the umpire when he got caught with the ball or was gifted a goal.

Hope you feel superior on your moral high horse.

Quick call someone a racist to make yourself feel like you are better and superior.

When are you giving back your land and your house to the traditional owners BTW?

Oh that's a different story isn't Mr Moralistic?

Jesus you people give me the irrits. Scratch one of you lot and there is a real racist underneath trying to project their insecurities onto others.

I booed Goodes when he was shooting for goal, I booed when he got caught with the ball after taking three steps. So because I did that and the player was called Goodes, I must be a racist.

Some very plyable and simple minds on this forum :roll:

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

fqf
yes we all agree with that article. We all boo Adam Goodes because he is an aboriginal.

We are all racist, every single last one of us, even if we only booed the pissweak decisions of the umpire when he got caught with the ball or was gifted a goal.

Quick call someone a racist to make yourself feel like you are better and superior.

When are you giving back your land and your house to the traditional owners BTW?

Jesus you people give me the irrits. Scratch one of you lot and there is a real racist underneath trying to project their insecurities onto others.

I booed Goodes when he was shooting for goal, I booed when he got caught with the ball after taking three steps. So because I did that and the player was called Goodes, I must be a racist.

No mate you are the simple mind, pure and simple. For two months you have posted your puerile and narrow minded comments on this. Do you not even understand the difference that I am pointing out, or are you just in the category of the pies supporter.

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:
Austinnn wrote:It's pretty clear from the nature of the posts on this thread what the characters of those posters are. It's a real shame, but there you go. I'm not gonna get into this again, I realise its pointless to debate social issues this serious in this context.

No Collingwood fan openly hated Cuz for his dirty play or poor character for f***'s sake. They were and are simply out and out racists.

If you don't know the full facts, don't post ridiculous statements.

Give up saynta. These moralists like the above and Andrew Maher and other holier than thou's cant be reasoned with. They want to control a free society where you cant object to a decision at the football if the players name is Goodes because they have found in their star chamber of moralism that anything critical of Goodes is racist.

never mind Pridham has come out and said nothing wrong with it, never mind that the only boos I heard was when Goodes was a dirty bastard with his elbows and got sympathy frees for nothing.

Doesn't matter the crusaders have spoken and it is an irrufatble fact, well because they deem it so and their proclimations are law in their eyes.

Just don't bother with these zealots.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

fqf

It doesn't make you racist but it makes you insensitive. If you can't stop despite the fact you know it can be assumed to be racist it's going to reflect badly on our club. It effects our sponsorship, it could effect the decision of guys like Motlop and Bennell to come to our club, it effects the guy getting booed and it makes us an international embarrassment. It made overseas news. It's not how I want my club or country to be viewed and I hope that people who would like the right to boo might think of the bigger picture rather than knuckling down for a fight over their individual right to abuse anyone they want.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

terry smith rules wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

fqf

No mate you are the simple mind, pure and simple. For two months you have posted your puerile and narrow minded comments on this. Do you not even understand the difference that I am pointing out, or are you just in the category of the pies supporter.

Yes I am a racist because you say so :roll:

You are the simple minded projectionist attempting to relieve your insecurities by projection of your own inferiority complex.

Quick label me a racist, whew that was close you almost missed out.

Simplistic characterisations and black and white arguments may be all you can process. Not my problem.

So when are you giving back your house to the original owners of the land or are you a racist?

Hmmm - bit complex that one isn't it. Quick read the Hearld Sun to find out what you think of the issue.

:roll:

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

fqf

Oh and by the way I don't feel superior, however what I do feel is sadness that I love my footy club and unfortunately so do you

dragit
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:If you are going to quote me, then quote all I said.
Sorry Mullet, I actually quoted superboot, who had partially quoted you… not intentional.