Booing goodes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Re: Booing goodes

Enrico_Misso wrote:Where was the concern for the last decade and a half for players like Milne and Riewoldt who got booed (and lot worse) week in week out by supporters of other clubs including Sydney?

Where was the AFL then?
Where were the bleeding hearts hiding then?

Exactly. I have been saying that the whole time.

I remember when Malthouse called Milne the R word and the people commentating were actually laughing and thinking it was a joke.

I think Milne got in more trouble for calling Licuria gay.

This whole saga is a joke just so the media and others can get on a supposed moral high horse and put other people down.

If it was left alone everyone would have been over it by now. Not too many people boo Watson anymore.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

ROLS-LEE wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:Where was the concern for the last decade and a half for players like Milne and Riewoldt who got booed (and lot worse) week in week out by supporters of other clubs including Sydney?

Where was the AFL then?

I remember when Malthouse called Milne the R word and the people commentating were actually laughing and thinking it was a joke.

This whole saga is a joke just so the media and others can get on a supposed moral high horse and put other people down.

If it was left alone everyone would have been over it by now. Not too many people boo Watson anymore.

I disagree.

Adam Goodes was being booed by sections of the crowd who took the opportunity for using it against him because he had spoken out on Aboriginal issues.

Goodes would have been racially abused and vilified his whole life. Riewoldt was booed for being a good football not because he was from German heritage.

Milne was booed because of a sexual assault charge and the fact that he was a pest whom we would have all hated if he played for another team.

The issue I have with the whole Goodes saga is that the moralisers labelled EVERYONE who booed Goodes a racist. Many people railed at that characterisation and the simplistic conclusion these moralisers drew.

Many others were appalled by the people hectoring and browbeating anyone who had an alternate opinion by shouting them down. These bullies set themselves up as the moral arbiters of society when if you scratch the surface of many of them you will find an insecurity guilty racist who is projecting their race hate onto others to alleviate their shame at being racist.

I have a lot of sympathy for Goodes. A dual Brownlow medallist, Australian of the year and still he cops it for his skin colour from a small minority. The mass booing was bullying and had to stop.

Too bad the mindhive on their high horse of moral superiority could stop the bullying and racist projection on to others.

You are garbage - Enough said
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

What those apologising/ protecting/ rationalising the booists don’t or won’t undertand is this.

It’s not about you or those who claim to boo for reasons other than racist.

You don’t get to decide, the only person who can decide is Adam Goodes

If Adam Goodes hears booing, he hears racism, it is not his job nor it should be to determine who is booing for what reasons.

Therefore is you decide to boo Adam Goodes just for appearing on the ground then that is that. I or others are not telling you that you are racist, only that what Adam Goodes hears is racist booing.
Now if you want to debate whether that is correct or not then you will be taking on the entire issue of discrimination and how it is interpreted

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
markp
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:What those apologising/ protecting/ rationalising the booists don’t or won’t undertand is this.

If Adam Goodes hears booing, he hears racism, it is not his job nor it should be to determine who is booing for what reasons.

Therefore is you decide to boo Adam Goodes just for appearing on the ground then that is that. I or others are not telling you that you are racist, only that what Adam Goodes hears is racist booing.
Now if you want to debate whether that is correct or not then you will be taking on the entire issue of discrimination and how it is interpreted
Has he described any booing on the weekend as racist?

All I've heard officially from his club suggests not.

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

markp wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:What those apologising/ protecting/ rationalising the booists don’t or won’t undertand is this.

Has he described any booing on the weekend as racist?

All I've heard officially from his club suggests not.
I am not talking specifically about Sunday

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

markp
Saintsational Legend

Ok, I thought this thread was about the booing on sunday.
terry smith rules wrote:You don’t get to decide, the only person who can decide is Adam Goodes
And it seems a few people have decided on his behalf that it was.

But I'm gonna speculate that if he thought it was we woulda heard by now.

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

markp wrote:Ok, I thought this thread was about the booing on sunday.
terry smith rules wrote:You don’t get to decide, the only person who can decide is Adam Goodes

the booing has been going on all year if not longer and I don't think he needs to give a report after each match. He has clearly made his feelings known previously.

markp
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
markp wrote:Ok, I thought this thread was about the booing on sunday.

the booing has been going on all year if not longer and I don't think he needs to give a report after each match. He has clearly made his feelings known previously.
Then given his club's chairman has described saints fans as having been 'terrific', and given we've heard nothing from Goodes, what is the problem?

I would agree that he doesn't need to comment after every match, and I would suggest that after all the previous angst if all we are hearing is a glowing endorsement from the club chairman then there isn't one.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so this 'get out of it free' card thingy-ma-jig we were talking about back on page four...

can anyone get one of those?
could come in handy

gringo
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
gringo wrote: Apparently according to him white anglo males are the most persecuted minority in the world and its quite hard for them to cope with the constant affronts from irritating special interest groups.
Pretty true.

Obviously as a lawyer you are an even less privileged and more persecuted minority too. It must be hard being harassed by petty people not willing to f%$# off out of your face with their petty gripes. We should build more walls so people don't have to be inconvenienced by these f%$#ing migrants and "indigenous" people. I never saw them put up a fence. Besides we gave them some blankets and a can opener for it. They should all work out which one still has the blankets and go bother them.

Austinnn
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
ROLS-LEE wrote:

Where was the AFL then?

I disagree.

Adam Goodes was being booed by sections of the crowd who took the opportunity for using it against him because he had spoken out on Aboriginal issues.

Goodes would have been racially abused and vilified his whole life. Riewoldt was booed for being a good football not because he was from German heritage.

Milne was booed because of a sexual assault charge and the fact that he was a pest whom we would have all hated if he played for another team.

I have a lot of sympathy for Goodes. A dual Brownlow medallist, Australian of the year and still he cops it for his skin colour from a small minority. The mass booing was bullying and had to stop.

I totally agree with ehat Bunk says above, and its mad how some people still don't get the difference between booing Riewoldt, Milne and Goodes. That's like saying that the words MAN and RACIST are the same cos they both contain the letter A.

Didn't agree with the rest, but its a lot easier to just erase the stuff about mindhive etc than to pick it apart sentence by sentence, but you are totally entitled to your view of course, in not trying to pretend it doesn't exist.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
the dome
Club Player

I respect Indigenous players including A.Goodes

I think the vast majority of Sainters are not interested in treading down the racist path. Apparently the Swans CEO commented that all was well. As an aboriginal player I respect Adam Goodes and his football skill & achievements. I always felt proud of Nicky Winmar making his stand against the slurs of a minority of Collingwood fans at Victoria Park. I also always loved and appreciated the work of Gilbert McAdam playing for St.Kilda in the 1990s and really enjoy his panel on Marngarook (Ch.34) on the TV. I most certainly could not boo an aboriginal player if it could be constrewed as racist in any way. The Murdoch press will no doubt appreciate the opportunity to sow the seeds of rage and outrage while doing their best to be inaccurate in sport as they do in politics and all for the worst reasons.
Anyway if Goodes got a free kick he shouldn't have then its' another pain in the proverbial umpire under-mining the Saints.
It's thankfully grossly inaccurate for the Murdoch crumb to profile our fans as anyway racist. I don't read the brain deadening sentences of the heraldsun but I know we are not whatever they try to cast us as . Incidently I thought it was inexcusable the trash that Mr.Bolthead wrote/ cooked up about Goodes in previous 'articles'. Bolt ignored the positivity that came out of the discussion he had with the young girl who used the obscene language against him. Maybe positivity doesn't sell enough Murdoch papers.

Freebird
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
gringo wrote:
It doesn't make you racist but it makes you insensitive.
Did I boo Goodes for any other reason other than football related. You can tell me because you know obviously.
gringo wrote: If you can't stop despite the fact you know it can be assumed to be racist it's going to reflect badly on our club.
So now even with the OK from the chairman of the Sydney Swans, we can even make our displeasure known at football decisions, because some simpletons will call RACIST!!!!!!!!!! Please :roll:
gringo wrote: It effects our sponsorship, it could effect the decision of guys like Motlop and Bennell to come to our club
Is this some sort of sick joke? Maybe Jason Holmes will go home because someone booed an opposition player who got a gift free kick. If you are truly serious, you really have no idea at all.
gringo wrote: it effects the guy getting booed and it makes us an international embarrassment.
The only embarrassment are arrogant halfwits to project their own insecurities and racism by labelling everyone else as a racist. It is quite incredible. You really think you and your zealots can stop booing of a bad decision on the football field.

Are you really that deluded? Do you really think your faux moralising achieves anything especially when any of the booing I heard had nothing to do with race at all?

What are you people trying to achieve? To browbeat and attack anyone that isn't you skewed and warped mindset?
gringo wrote: It made overseas news.
I cant control one or two hundred people at the start of the game being an idiot, but you think you have the right to control people supporting their team. You want people to sit in silence when a terrible decision is made against their team?

Goodes was not booed by anyone around me except for when he got pinged for HTB and then for the gift 50. So now we cant vent our frustration because someone will construe it as racist? Fot gods sake what is wrong with you people?
gringo wrote: It's not how I want my club or country to be viewed and I hope that people who would like the right to boo might think of the bigger picture rather than knuckling down for a fight over their individual right to abuse anyone they want.
Viewed by whom and foe what? Build a wonderful straw man argument and then proceed to label everyone racist.

Heres news for you. While you make a parlour game out of faux racism our government is abusing asylum seekers in off shore detention facilities. You don't our country seen as racist? Lol - too late sunshine.

You don't want our club to be seen as racist, well good Andrew Pridham has said there was no problem with Saints fans yesterday. But you and your moralising projectionist brigade what to tut tut and pint finger and label anyone crossing your path as racist.

Hmmm - Stalin would have loved the way you people think (or mores to the point don't think).

Hey Bunk do you spend all day writing the comments on the HS forums because it sure sounds like it.

You just don't get it do you.

Read my post again and again. Right now if you boo Goodes then you are masking those who do boo him racially. So ask yourself this question, do I want to be associated with a racist, because right now the answer is yes you are/will associated because you are in unison with the racist and no I repeat no we cannot tell the difference

Can it really be any more simple

This is reverse racism, I agree with BM...if I want to dislike him it has nothing to do with race, but you're saying that I can't because he's black ffs.

When is the world going treat everyone equally - what about you trying to see it without your bias

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
gringo wrote:
It doesn't make you racist but it makes you insensitive.
Did I boo Goodes for any other reason other than football related. You can tell me because you know obviously.
gringo wrote: If you can't stop despite the fact you know it can be assumed to be racist it's going to reflect badly on our club.
So now even with the OK from the chairman of the Sydney Swans, we can even make our displeasure known at football decisions, because some simpletons will call RACIST!!!!!!!!!! Please :roll:
gringo wrote: It effects our sponsorship, it could effect the decision of guys like Motlop and Bennell to come to our club
Is this some sort of sick joke? Maybe Jason Holmes will go home because someone booed an opposition player who got a gift free kick. If you are truly serious, you really have no idea at all.
gringo wrote: it effects the guy getting booed and it makes us an international embarrassment.
The only embarrassment are arrogant halfwits to project their own insecurities and racism by labelling everyone else as a racist. It is quite incredible. You really think you and your zealots can stop booing of a bad decision on the football field.

Are you really that deluded? Do you really think your faux moralising achieves anything especially when any of the booing I heard had nothing to do with race at all?

What are you people trying to achieve? To browbeat and attack anyone that isn't you skewed and warped mindset?
gringo wrote: It made overseas news.
I cant control one or two hundred people at the start of the game being an idiot, but you think you have the right to control people supporting their team. You want people to sit in silence when a terrible decision is made against their team?

Goodes was not booed by anyone around me except for when he got pinged for HTB and then for the gift 50. So now we cant vent our frustration because someone will construe it as racist? Fot gods sake what is wrong with you people?
gringo wrote: It's not how I want my club or country to be viewed and I hope that people who would like the right to boo might think of the bigger picture rather than knuckling down for a fight over their individual right to abuse anyone they want.
Viewed by whom and foe what? Build a wonderful straw man argument and then proceed to label everyone racist.

Heres news for you. While you make a parlour game out of faux racism our government is abusing asylum seekers in off shore detention facilities. You don't our country seen as racist? Lol - too late sunshine.

You don't want our club to be seen as racist, well good Andrew Pridham has said there was no problem with Saints fans yesterday. But you and your moralising projectionist brigade what to tut tut and pint finger and label anyone crossing your path as racist.

Hmmm - Stalin would have loved the way you people think (or mores to the point don't think).

Hey Bunk do you spend all day writing the comments on the HS forums because it sure sounds like it.

You just don't get it do you.

Read my post again and again. Right now if you boo Goodes then you are masking those who do boo him racially. So ask yourself this question, do I want to be associated with a racist, because right now the answer is yes you are/will associated because you are in unison with the racist and no I repeat no we cannot tell the difference

Can it really be any more simple

This is reverse racism, I agree with BM...if I want to dislike him it has nothing to do with race, but you're saying that I can't because he's black ffs.

When is the world going treat everyone equally - what about you trying to see it without your bias

Do you boo him every time he touches the ball?

Freebird
Club Player

I don't boo anyone plug

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:I don't boo anyone plug

Fair enough. If a person did that and it was the only player he booed every game would you think he maybe racist or at least Lacking compassion to another human?

Freebird
Club Player

If he was booing someone that was dividing the nation for his own agenda I would most likely think he's childish.

Surely you don't think the supporters who boo goodes only boo him and no other players...they're morons and boo whoever shtts them.

Freebird
Club Player

The rest of the world are laughing at us but its ok to chant monkey by a packed out indian crowd to Andrew Symonds - where was the outcry over this.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:The rest of the world are laughing at us but its ok to chant monkey by a packed out indian crowd to Andrew Symonds - where was the outcry over this.

There was huge outcry. Unfortunately the cricket authorities were weak as water.

Saints43
Club Player

Freebird wrote:When is the world going treat everyone equally - what about you trying to see it without your bias

Saints43
Club Player

Freebird wrote:When is the world going treat everyone equally...
Very good question. Until it does then Goodes can feel like the booing is racism I reckon.

lefty
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Booing because you were upset with Goodes on Saturday night over a certain decision or some acting doesn't mean you are even slightly racist. Booing from the start to the end of the game for no apparent reason either means you are racist or have no compassion for another human as people were asked not to do it. The thing is I don't see how it helps those booers by doing that. All it does is make that person either racist or have no compassion. Which either of those 2 categories you fall into, it doesn't make you a nice person.
Booing does not mean your are a racist.
According to some on here, being told it was shameful, disgrace, etc etc.
Booing from the start to the end of the game for no apparent reason either means you are racist or have no compassion for another human as people were asked not to do it
Never said I did, but the "no apparent reason" isn't a true argument. There are multiple reasons why it can occur. You've listed two, racist and no compassion. There is more than that. People look back on past actions, the way they talk, act, behave.

I will not sit here and be labeled by Adam about how I'm apparently racist when I'm not. Him being the Judge and labeling everyone as racist was completely unfair and untrue, and as you would understand, will anger a lot of people.

https://www.facebook.com/stuart.dent.90 ... 44045201:0

On another note, I'll also boo Ormond for years to come :P
And I'll also boo Hodge, because he does dirty tactics on the field, there are multiple instances, and I want Hodge to come out and publically state I'm racist, to see how ridiculous this crap has become.

Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

So if I boo someone because he is a tax cheat.
But he thinks I am booing because of his religion.
Then I am a religious bigot.

Makes perfect sense!

The rest of Australia can wander mask-free, socialise, eat out, no curfews, no zoning, no police rings of steel, no illogical inconsistent rules. 
They can even WATCH LIVE FOOTY!
Clayton Davis
Club Player

NOTTHATAWKWARD wrote:Yo, Bunk, just a quick question. When you watch The Wire do turn down the sound on all the scenes which convey themes of the horrors of systemic racism within society? You know, like most of them. I can't imagine you'd be too interested in giving them the time of day given your sentiments in this thread. Maybe consider a username change, i'm sure Valchek isn't taken.
Heh heh heh! That's mighty funny, partner. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But to be fair to my boy the Bunk, he'z a gooooood n' weerthy bruzah. Sheeeiiitt, he joost havin' some ayengar eshoeessues to work thra'. Dets all. He'z a work in pruuegress.

Warning: Press only in situations of extreme disbelief!
######### http://shiiiit.com/ #########
####### Image #######

About a simple man who was horrifically punished by
the powers that be for the terrible crime of trying to
bring light to the common people.

Austinnn
Club Player

Comment rescinded

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone