Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

footynut
Club Player

Re: Jake Carlisle

Could we trade pick 5 for 2 picks in the early teens (would be complicated) they trade those picks for Carlisle & Bennell?

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Kernal75 wrote:Id suggest Hawthorn will have an almight crack, they'll have pick 15-20 and could easily throw in a Suckling type player to get it don. They retire Lake and push on Suckling and suddenly they have a deal that could get it done. If he nominates us great, but I think we are less likely we everyone else circling. For arguments sake, would Ross and our second rounder be attractive to them?
Hawks will have a look, but they'll have their hands full when the gain Dangerfield in a Sydney/Buddy type blindside.

Quietly confident Danger will be in brown and gold next year.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

A good mate of mine who is VERY switched on re the bombers is very disappointed that Carlisle is gone, however he did say that Carlisle would not go to any AFL club without his problems. Apparently there were some real concerns at Essendon at some of the circles he moved in. Having said that, the tiges manage Dusty, the hawks managed Buddy, so I guess it's part and parcel of running an AFL club.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:A good mate of mine who is VERY switched on re the bombers is very disappointed that Carlisle is gone, however he did say that Carlisle would not go to any AFL club without his problems. Apparently there were some real concerns at Essendon at some of the circles he moved in. .
...as opposed to EFC where he got to move with drug suppliers, dealers and various other dodgey characters.

Pot, kettle, black....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Moods
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Moods wrote:A good mate of mine who is VERY switched on re the bombers is very disappointed that Carlisle is gone, however he did say that Carlisle would not go to any AFL club without his problems. Apparently there were some real concerns at Essendon at some of the circles he moved in. .
...as opposed to EFC where he got to move with drug suppliers, dealers and various other dodgey characters.

Pot, kettle, black....

Pretty silly comment tbh.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
Kernal75 wrote:Id suggest Hawthorn will have an almight crack, they'll have pick 15-20 and could easily throw in a Suckling type player to get it don. They retire Lake and push on Suckling and suddenly they have a deal that could get it done. If he nominates us great, but I think we are less likely we everyone else circling. For arguments sake, would Ross and our second rounder be attractive to them?
Hawks will have a look, but they'll have their hands full when the gain Dangerfield in a Sydney/Buddy type blindside.

Quietly confident Danger will be in brown and gold next year.

I reckon they are exactly no hope.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Carlisle not worth pick 5 ish....but equally is probably worth more than our second round.

So we might have to involve another club to gain a pick or player that the Dons want, or find a player than the Dons may want from us either for an outright swap or asa sweetener to our second pick.

IMO I would be more than happy to swap Longer for Carlisle.

Now that is the deal of the year but I cant see it happening. Luenberger is linked to the Dons so they wont need Longer. Imagine if they ended up back together again.

older saint
SS Life Member

Dont overpay for him. i expect he will go to Carlton for the pick they get from Geelong for Henderson.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I reckon he will be a Saint. Carlton aren't much of a destination club right now. Hawks apparently after Bennell. Danger to Geelong and Treloar to the Pies. We have to take the mental guys with issues because clubs like us and the Dogs don't have the paper bag culture of the bigger clubs.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I reckon he will be a Saint. Carlton aren't much of a destination club right now. Hawks apparently after Bennell. Danger to Geelong and Treloar to the Pies. We have to take the mental guys with issues because clubs like us and the Dogs don't have the paper bag culture of the bigger clubs.

Of course there is an illegal reason we don't get the good players. We need to make an excuse so we all feel better. And who decided Carlisle was mental guy as you called him? And Bennell is going ok I suppose? He must be. He is going to the paper bag culture club instead of one that just manages it SC well.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:I reckon he will be a Saint. Carlton aren't much of a destination club right now. Hawks apparently after Bennell. Danger to Geelong and Treloar to the Pies. We have to take the mental guys with issues because clubs like us and the Dogs don't have the paper bag culture of the bigger clubs.
I don't think the Saints are much of a destination club at present either and I doubt anyone will nominate us. Who did we beat this year ? Apart from the Bulldogs game which was a good win - all the other wins were against sides that had issues of one sort or another. Having said that I think we will go hard after a few players this year in the hope of landing one - otherwise I think we risk improving at a slower rate next year than some of the other teams around us on the ladder - in particular Melbourne, Gold Coast, and Essendon all who have arguably more talent on their list.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
MadSaintFan
Club Player

Carlisle's decision will be purely based on remuneration, despite what may or may not be said. The Saints won't pay overs for him in terms of trade value or contract. That probably says as much about Carlisle as anything else.
But, don't be too disappointed if we miss out. There's another Victorian key position player from one of the expansion teams that we are very much in discussion with.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MadSaintFan wrote:Carlisle's decision will be purely based on remuneration, despite what may or may not be said. The Saints won't pay overs for him in terms of trade value or contract. That probably says as much about Carlisle as anything else.
But, don't be too disappointed if we miss out. There's another Victorian key position player from one of the expansion teams that we are very much in discussion with.

Why shouldn't he worry about money. he knows he has 10 years of footy so wherever he goes that club should be challenging in that time unless they really stuff up. I am now thinking trading our first pick makes sense as it looks like it will be only equivalent to pick 9.

saint6709
Club Player

MadSaintFan wrote:Carlisle's decision will be purely based on remuneration, despite what may or may not be said. The Saints won't pay overs for him in terms of trade value or contract. That probably says as much about Carlisle as anything else.
Can he play ?

MadSaintFan
Club Player

Gun.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MadSaintFan wrote:Gun.

Well just say his name. I doubt you work for the club so surely you are allowed to pass on rumours. I cant think of to many guns talls out of contract in the expansion clubs. Surely Tomlinson isn't a gun?

lefty
Club Player

I'll spew if we get either, or both of Carlisle & Bennell.

Stick to the draft Saints... we don't need either, we are not in contention for the flag for next year. Its not the 'missing' part we need - like it was with the Lovett situation.

Do not give up pick 5 saints.

Pick up a midfielder, we seriously need one or two new AAA midfielder.
Carlton got Cripps, we need to find someone just as good.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:I'll spew if we get either, or both of Carlisle & Bennell.

Stick to the draft Saints... we don't need either, we are not in contention for the flag for next year. Its not the 'missing' part we need - like it was with the Lovett situation.

I don't get that. Isnt Carlisle only 22. he has 10 years of footy left in him and had already been close to AA. Yep if you could guarantee Cripps, Hayes or Judd we would be mad to take him but we may get Fiora or Tambling. I do agree with the mids though but at pick 9 there may not be that real good one left. The draft doesn't seem to be rated that highly.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Mark Robinson ‏@Robbo_heraldsun 6 minutes ago Sydney, New South Wales
Bombers would want a Round 1 and Round 2 pick for Carlisle and will be happy to deal with the Saints...
If he's ooc the can want what they want facts are though he isn't worth that at any rate imo
This is why clubs don't deal with Essendon

“Yeah….nah””
saint6709
Club Player

MadSaintFan wrote:Gun.
I hope so

dragit
Saintsational Legend

How bout a bag of dicks for Carlisle?

Can someone tweet robbo with this trade idea, he blocked me years ago.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I lover nose who sell hope this time of year.... it's all we have....
I do hope you're on the money

“Yeah….nah””
Rosco
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
lefty wrote:I'll spew if we get either, or both of Carlisle & Bennell.

I don't get that. Isnt Carlisle only 22. he has 10 years of footy left in him and had already been close to AA. Yep if you could guarantee Cripps, Hayes or Judd we would be mad to take him but we may get Fiora or Tambling. I do agree with the mids though but at pick 9 there may not be that real good one left. The draft doesn't seem to be rated that highly.

Lovett was older, these guys will be in their prime in 4-6 years.

Get them for the right price, don't ignore due to age. Pick 5 (9) is no guarantee of even a solid afl player.

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Midfielders are easier to find than KPP's. He is the right age and matched with Goddard that gives us a pretty awesome (potentially) spine of Carlisle, Goddard, Dunstan, Bruce and McCartin, all with 10 years at least in front of them. You can build a pretty decent team around that if they live up to their potential.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
saintjake
Club Player

Every year someone pops up on this site with apparent secret insider information direct from the club itself. They can never tell you who told them, who the player is, or any real detail at all really.

Just like to make themselves feel special be important for a week or two