Guess the delistings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Guess the delistings

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
You don't get it. Ok so I shouldn't hope any players get delisted even if they are spuds.

Yep, makes perfect sense to no one except yourself
No I don't get the idea of calling our players spuds. How does it help you? I'm pretty sure it doesn't. And even if you hope players get delisted, no one is listening. Why not just wait and see instead of showing joy about a player getting delisted? If a player I think should be delisted isn't, I hope he proves me wrong. All you would do is complain about that player all the next season.

And you like saying things make sense to everyone but the poster you are speaking to. The problem with those comments is not many people seem to agree with you.
Whatever plugs. You live in your own little world.

If you haven't noticed virtually no one agrees with you which gives you the utmost of pleasure and literally thousands of posts.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:38 is Rookie. So thats only 4 gone?
Has to be one more to come.....

why- Clubs only required to move 3- But can then re draft rookie

so 4 is average.
Usually a few more than 4.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/review-2014/ ... delistings
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 10 Sep 2015 1:13am, edited 2 times in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
You don't get it. Ok so I shouldn't hope any players get delisted even if they are spuds.

Yep, makes perfect sense to no one except yourself
No I don't get the idea of calling our players spuds. How does it help you? I'm pretty sure it doesn't. And even if you hope players get delisted, no one is listening. Why not just wait and see instead of showing joy about a player getting delisted? If a player I think should be delisted isn't, I hope he proves me wrong. All you would do is complain about that player all the next season.

And you like saying things make sense to everyone but the poster you are speaking to. The problem with those comments is not many people seem to agree with you.
Whatever plugs. You live in your own little world.

If you haven't noticed virtually no one agrees with you which gives you the utmost of pleasure and literally thousands of posts.

Hahahahaha.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

so 4 is average.
1. The average is not 4. 4 is the absolute bare minimum allowed. The average is between 8 & 9. Last year the lowest delistings/retirements was 6 (WC and Freo).
2. Considering we have finished last and 5th last in the last two years - youd think we would be making than average list changes.
3. So I can pretty much guarantee there will be a couple more to come.

Are the actual delistings official or are we all guessing?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

so 4 is average.
1. The average is not 4. 4 is the absolute bare minimum allowed. The average is between 8 & 9. Last year the lowest delistings/retirements was 6 (WC and Freo).
2. Considering we have finished last and 5th last in the last two years - youd think we would be making than average list changes.
I hope you are right. Last year they drip fed desltings. We seem to delist a bit slower than most clubs.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

so 4 is average.

Are the actual delistings official or are we all guessing?
Just guessing.
I am just saying it will be more than 4. I posted the link to last years delisting/retirements. The numbers are quite high. Surprisingly so...
It is a tough business.

wolfpup
Club Player

well according to fine delistings are:

white
sippos
markworth
simpkin

-----------

St.Kilda Forever!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

wolfpup wrote:well according to fine delistings are:

white
sippos
markworth
simpkin

Whilst I have stuff all interest in Sandy these days I think delisting these guys before an elimination final is a bit tough on them and even the other players that will play in the game, both Saints and Sandy.

Kernal75
Club Player

None had any currency in an open market I guess, but it does beg the question of which players will be shopped around during the trade period?

FQF
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
wolfpup wrote:well according to fine delistings are:

white
sippos
markworth
simpkin

Whilst I have stuff all interest in Sandy these days I think delisting these guys before an elimination final is a bit tough on them and even the other players that will play in the game, both Saints and Sandy.
Agree

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

@PayneBrenton: Stoked for another season with @stkildafc exciting times ahead!! #youripper

Saints94
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:@PayneBrenton: Stoked for another season with @stkildafc exciting times ahead!! #youripper ImageImageImage
Strange.

I thought when you first get drafted you receive a 2 year contract, straight up?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:@PayneBrenton: Stoked for another season with @stkildafc exciting times ahead!! #youripper ImageImageImage
Strange.

I thought when you first get drafted you receive a 2 year contract, straight up?

Not rookies. One year minimum but can get more.

Saints94
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
Strange.

Not rookies. One year minimum but can get more.
Thanks P66.

saint6
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
SuperDuper wrote:I would add Shenton to the list
Just looks out of his depth at AFL level...

I know he signed some sort of contract.. but was there a performance clause in it?

I'm pretty sure you cant have performance clauses in contracts these days.
Shenton had a clause in his contract - had to play 6 senior games this year to be contracted for next year. He has done that and will be staying. And we will wait and see how he goes next year. May not be a superstar but at least he puts in maximum effort each week.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

It has been pointed out above that Markworth was taken at a pick that is the draft was not compromised would have been about 50. Well both Newnes and Webster were taken after Markworth, he was preferred by the club to them. He must have had something that caught our recruiters eye. A pity the club has not given him the chance to show what he has got.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:It has been pointed out above that Markworth was taken at a pick that is the draft was not compromised would have been about 50. Well both Newnes and Webster were taken after Markworth, he was preferred by the club to them. He must have had something that caught our recruiters eye. A pity the club has not given him the chance to show what he has got.

Didn't he get 4 years at the club? Well at least 3.

FQF
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
borderbarry wrote:It has been pointed out above that Markworth was taken at a pick that is the draft was not compromised would have been about 50. Well both Newnes and Webster were taken after Markworth, he was preferred by the club to them. He must have had something that caught our recruiters eye. A pity the club has not given him the chance to show what he has got.

You count that as giving him a chance? He was injured for almost the entire time.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You count that as giving him a chance? He was injured for almost the entire time.

Well bad luck happens. The club could have maybe given him another year but 4 years is a chance for sure.

FQF
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
FQF wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well bad luck happens. The club could have maybe given him another year but 4 years is a chance for sure.
It is bad luck but it might also be bad management by the club that after 3 years of investment we finally lose patience on a guy who by all reports really could be a player. Has he ever been better placed to start a preseason after being fully fit and played 5 VFL games at the end of the year? If he was on the sidelines right now for 3+ months then I could well understand delisting him, but he is fit and ready to go.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
FQF wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

It is bad luck but it might also be bad management by the club that after 3 years of investment we finally lose patience on a guy who by all reports really could be a player. Has he ever been better placed to start a preseason after being fully fit and played 5 VFL games at the end of the year? If he was on the sidelines right now for 3+ months then I could well understand delisting him, but he is fit and ready to go.

Its 4 years for a start and they have more information than us. We don't even know if he is fully fit. We know he is fit enough to play. Anyway we will never know because if we don't rookie him I doubt any other club is going to draft him.

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

That's right and why should they? If in fact he is to be delisted then it will be because he hasn't shown enough in the twos over several seasons.

I've watched perhaps 75% or more of his games. As has been pointed out here many times his speed is his best asset but defensively he has always, in my view, been a long way behind and hasn't improved. He has struggled to provide a contest and win his own ball even when he has been fully fit.

All v reminiscent of the hysteria around the club's delisting of Tom Ledger in 2013 where many posters predicted that he would quickly be snapped up by another club and that Saintsational naysayers would suffer.

Good luck to Daniel if another club sees something we haven't.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Hemi Baxter wrote:That's right and why should they? If in fact he is to be delisted then it will be because he hasn't shown enough in the twos over several seasons.

I've watched perhaps 75% or more of his games. As has been pointed out here many times his speed is his best asset but defensively he has always, in my view, been a long way behind and hasn't improved. He has struggled to provide a contest and win his own ball even when he has been fully fit.

All v reminiscent of the hysteria around the club's delisting of Tom Ledger in 2013 where many posters predicted that he would quickly be snapped up by another club and that Saintsational naysayers would suffer.

Good luck to Daniel if another club sees something we haven't.
While I have no problem with people saying he isn't good enough, I do get annoyed when people say "he struggled to win his own ball" when the fact is that it was his role to hang back from the contest and be the release option for a clearance.

Poor bastard would have stood more of chance if he was allowed to get under packs and get a kick, but instead he did the team thing and followed instructions.

Pretty fed up with morons calling him soft because he's not at the bottom of packs winning clearances, when he was specifically told not to do that.

Still think it's a bit weird that they wouldn't at least give him a game or two to see if he could play at the next level, when we are screaming out for outside mids. Dan has a few elite tools that we could really do with in the side, but no-one gave him any confidence or direction after Watters left.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Interesting that Hutchings and Cripps are now getting games at a top side. This might explain why we signed Acres up to a long contract.

Stian
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Interesting that Hutchings and Cripps are now getting games at a top side. This might explain why we signed Acres up to a long contract.
Nah. I'll concede that Cripps was homesick but poor old Hutchings just wasn't appreciated and didn't "show his wares" as a rookie and then got dumped without ceremony. I'm fairly sure it wasn't his choice (and I think he only got the basic 1 year rookie contract that just wasn't renewed).