Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jake Carlisle

Sainternist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Hope we don't get him. We shouldn't resort to dealing with those swindlers. They screwed us good and proper on the Lovett trade.

If the deal suits us I would deal with the devil. Lovett wasn't Essendon's fault, it was either bad luck or our fault.
Well, of course it was our fault in acquiring Lovett from them. He was a known basketcase. Lovett coming with Hird's blessing was part of the sweetener and we got sucked right in. Is Carlisle what we're after anyway?

Well why listen to another person from another club. Anyway I think its a mids game but if pick 8 only gets a player like Newnes then Carlisle is a much better pick. If it gets a Steven type then stay with pick 9. Its a bloody hard decision.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

If we get Carlisle then we have a spine for the next 10 years with Goddard, Carlisle, Bruce, Mccartin.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Richo certainly sound keen on Carlisle. If the trade deal price is not is not too exhorbitant in players/pics then I think he will be a Saint

Also stated that we need more Billings types. And essentially that trading Billings is not on the table for Carlisle.

Prefrred to swap picks for Carlisle, but did not rule our trading players.....apart from Billings.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
damienc
Club Player

In an ideal world I personally think it would be fantastic if we could snare Carlisle, Freeman and Bennell. Yes Bennell. I know he is trouble but I have heard him speak. He seems like an intelligent young man and it would be last chance saloon for him in the AFL if he came to the Saints. I have not heard the club publicly rule him out in the same way some of the other clubs have. So maybe we are chasing him. I would love to get Carlisle even though he is potential trouble with WADA because he is exactly what we need down back and also to get one back for the Goddard trade. If Freeman has solved all of his hamstring trouble he would be a super get for us. A super fast outside midfielder. A run and carry merchant with good vision and a good kick. Bennell has all the tricks and kicks lots of goals. Anyway I am sure some people in this place will strongly disagree but those three blokes have what we require in spades. The kind of players we need to help us get to where we need to go.

supersaints
Club Player

damienc wrote:In an ideal world I personally think it would be fantastic if we could snare Carlisle, Freeman and Bennell. Yes Bennell. I know he is trouble but I have heard him speak. He seems like an intelligent young man and it would be last chance saloon for him in the AFL if he came to the Saints. I have not heard the club publicly rule him out in the same way some of the other clubs have. So maybe we are chasing him. I would love to get Carlisle even though he is potential trouble with WADA because he is exactly what we need down back and also to get one back for the Goddard trade. If Freeman has solved all of his hamstring trouble he would be a super get for us. A super fast outside midfielder. A run and carry merchant with good vision and a good kick. Bennell has all the tricks and kicks lots of goals. Anyway I am sure some people in this place will strongly disagree but those three blokes have what we require in spades. The kind of players we need to help us get to where we need to go.
Don't know much about him, but I have heard the only knock on him besides his injuries us that his kicking is not that good , sometimez erratic I have heard from a die hard Collingwood supporter??
Clarification any one?

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Richo says Carlisle is a good bloke, so why do people here question his character?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SinCitySainter
Club Player

I would be happy if we could trade our 1st rounder for Carlisle and Essendon's 2nd round. Offer Collingwood 3rd rounder for Freeman. 2 early second rounders and a couple of promotions sounds good for the draft.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySainter wrote:I would be happy if we could trade our 1st rounder for Carlisle and Essendon's 2nd round. Offer Collingwood 3rd rounder for Freeman. 2 early second rounders and a couple of promotions sounds good for the draft.
Would be a good outcome

damienc
Club Player

supersaints wrote:
damienc wrote:In an ideal world I personally think it would be fantastic if we could snare Carlisle, Freeman and Bennell. Yes Bennell. I know he is trouble but I have heard him speak. He seems like an intelligent young man and it would be last chance saloon for him in the AFL if he came to the Saints. I have not heard the club publicly rule him out in the same way some of the other clubs have. So maybe we are chasing him. I would love to get Carlisle even though he is potential trouble with WADA because he is exactly what we need down back and also to get one back for the Goddard trade. If Freeman has solved all of his hamstring trouble he would be a super get for us. A super fast outside midfielder. A run and carry merchant with good vision and a good kick. Bennell has all the tricks and kicks lots of goals. Anyway I am sure some people in this place will strongly disagree but those three blokes have what we require in spades. The kind of players we need to help us get to where we need to go.
Don't know much about him, but I have heard the only knock on him besides his injuries us that his kicking is not that good , sometimez erratic I have heard from a die hard Collingwood supporter??
Clarification any one?

My advice for what it is worth, never, ever believe anything said by the filth. Freeman is yet to play an AFL game but his showreel has him kicking with uncanny accuracy. It demonstrates he has speed, good vision and is cool under pressure. But don't take my word for it. Check it out for yourself. When you do you will quickly realise why the St Kilda hierarchy might want him.

BadRossco
Club Player

Getting back to Carlisle it's probably already been mentioned but with a possible two year suspension still pending we would want a money back guarantee

supersaints
Club Player

BadRossco wrote:Getting back to Carlisle it's probably already been mentioned but with a possible two year suspension still pending we would want a money back guarantee
They may agree to Pay some of his salary, but we won't get our pick back... Not possible

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:
BadRossco wrote:Getting back to Carlisle it's probably already been mentioned but with a possible two year suspension still pending we would want a money back guarantee
They may agree to Pay some of his salary, but we won't get our pick back... Not possible

If suspended it is suspended without pay btw

Rosco
Club Player

Jake Carlisle

Double post, see below
Last edited by Rosco on Sun 13 Sep 2015 9:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosco
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote: If suspended it is suspended without pay btw
Is that pay also taken off the salary counted under the salary cap?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:Richo says Carlisle is a good bloke, so why do people here question his character?
Because what else is he going to say? "Carlisle is a cockhead but we're hoping that doesn't matter?"

stjay
Club Player

@theafloffseason Essendon has held discussions with Carlton about a possible trade deal for Jake Carlisle.
The 23 year old told the Bombers this week of his desire to seek a fresh start elsewhere.
“I’ve met with Carlton, haven’t met with St Kilda yet, I’m meeting with them this week,” Essendon List and Recruiting Manager Adrian Dodoro told ABC radio.
“It’s early days at the moment. Jake hasn’t indicated where he wants to go.
- EssendonFC

My view is this this tips the likelihood to Carlisle nominating us from 50/50 to 70/30.
In negotiations you find out where you are first, canvas your options before you enter into discussions with the nominated party.
Could be wrong, just my opinion but that's what I would do.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:Richo says Carlisle is a good bloke, so why do people here question his character?
Because what else is he going to say? "Carlisle is a cockhead but we're hoping that doesn't matter?"
Say nothing

MadSaintFan
Club Player

Meeting with Tomlinson happening very soon folks.

Saints94
SS Life Member

MadSaintFan wrote:Meeting with Tomlinson happening very soon folks.
He only re-signed recently.

Would be a massive get IMO.

Imagine McCartin, Bruce, Goddard, Carlisle & Tomlinson with Longer & Hickey..

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

MadSaintFan wrote:Meeting with Tomlinson happening very soon folks.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Tomlinson would be a good get. He's probably assessing his options with a pile of talent in front of him. They have Mc Carthy, Cameron and the General. They also have Stewart who is probably nearly on equal footing quality wise. They can't play all of them in the same team and the first three are walk up starters if fit.

MadSaintFan
Club Player

100% correct Gringo - see's himself as a mobile CHF and understands future opportunities may be slim at GWS.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

MadSaintFan wrote:100% correct Gringo - see's himself as a mobile CHF and understands future opportunities may be slim at GWS.
Contracted so a deal may be difficult. What about Carlisle?

lefty
Club Player

Doesn't Carlisle have a degenerative back condition ???

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:Doesn't Carlisle have a degenerative back condition ???
nothing a jab cant fix....

“Yeah….nah””