2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Apparently Sipposs gone according to the Trade Rumours thread & the Trade Rumours Extra thread

What about the delisted thread?
Is there more than 2?

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Re: Trade Rumours

There is no way dunstan will be traded.

If it is a player and it is the bombers my guess is Ross or hickey

But like I said earlier Carlisle is out of contract, has requested a trade and has wada hanging over his head. We owe Essendon f-all so if they don't deal he can go to Carlton in the psd for nought and we move on

#1 Ryder fan
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:There is no way dunstan will be traded.

But like I said earlier Carlisle is out of contract, has requested a trade and has wada hanging over his head. We owe Essendon f-all so if they don't deal he can go to Carlton in the psd for nought and we move on

So we give up because we may have to pay close to the right price? I don't think that would be smart. If the club want him, which seems very obvious, I think they will pay the right price and that isn't a straight swap for either of those players even though Hickey is closer to what they would want. Maybe chuck in our second rounder and it could get done even though I think Luenberger maybe going there so Hickey wont be wanted. To be honest Id rather trade Longer.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I still cannot believe we extended Hickey's contract. He & our 2nd would've been perfect for Carlisle.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Essendon need a ruckman and they need someone with a few years under their belt.

IMO it must be Hickey.

I don't rate Carlisle. He's a fkn sook.

Personally I think we should trade a player or two for an early second rounder and hang on to what we have. Be patient and go hammer and tongs next year for free Agency.

Hickey might just get Essendon's second rounder.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
lefty
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
citywest wrote:I read a post on here last week that if we trade Billings for Carlisle St Kilda should fold....I agree that if we did this trade then we should fold.
Now I'm hearing Newnes for Carlisle. I'll say it right now. If St Kilda trade Newnes for Carlisle then St Kilda may as well fold.

But you are happy to get rid od the B&F and the person who came second in the hope of getting unproven players who the best they can do is match those positions but much more likely not too. Lets just pray you have nothing ever to do with our club. Newnes for Carlisle is at least in our favour, Your deals are laughable.
Mate, I think I'd rather you have nothing ever to do with the club.

Newnes ain't going anywhere.

He's been one of our consistent young players week in week out. Do you honestly even go watch any games? How would getting rid of a 22yr old player actually help? By all means, if you need to offset a senior player, that somewhat makes sense, for either youth or a high pick, but you don't go getting rid of good young talent ffs. I'd be first looking at Geary and Gilbert ffs.

Carlisle has WADA over his head along with a chronic back problem.

Essendon don't go trading Heppel, and besides, we are in the hot seat, if Carlisle wants to go to X, Y, or Z club, Essendon can't do anything about it.
Last edited by lefty on Wed 16 Sep 2015 9:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Essendon need a ruckman and they need someone with a few years under their belt.

IMO it must be Hickey.

I don't rate Carlisle. He's a fkn sook.

Personally I think we should trade a player or two for an early second rounder and hang on to what we have. Be patient and go hammer and tongs next year for free Agency.

Hickey might just get Essendon's second rounder.
If we trade Newnes I will be pissed. He has tip top footskills which is something that we have been severely lacking since pre-Lyon.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
citywest wrote:I read a post on here last week that if we trade Billings for Carlisle St Kilda should fold....I agree that if we did this trade then we should fold.
Now I'm hearing Newnes for Carlisle. I'll say it right now. If St Kilda trade Newnes for Carlisle then St Kilda may as well fold.

But you are happy to get rid od the B&F and the person who came second in the hope of getting unproven players who the best they can do is match those positions but much more likely not too. Lets just pray you have nothing ever to do with our club. Newnes for Carlisle is at least in our favour, Your deals are laughable.
Mate, I think I'd rather you have nothing ever to do with the club.

Newnes ain't going anywhere.

He's been one of our consistent young players week in week out. Do you honestly even go watch any games? How would getting rid of a 22yr old player actually help? By all means, if you need to offset a senior player, that somewhat makes sense, for either youth or a high pick, but you don't go getting rid of good young talent ffs. I'd be first looking at Geary and Gilbert ffs.

Carlisle has WADA over his head along with a chronic back problem.

Yes I go to games but maybe our coaches don't. He finished 11th in the B&F for a start and secondly I was just saying id rather lose Newnes than Steven or Armo. What an outlandish comment. And even though I don't think he is going anywhere we would be losing a 22 year old flanker for a 23 KPP who hardly misses games even though you seem to know he has a back problem and the WADA thing will be a bugger all suspension if found guilty anyway. And when did Geary all of a sudden get old? Anyway I need to go and work or my next trade. Billings for Malksham sounds good. Id also ask for their third rounder so it works out even for both clubs. Talk about an over reaction by you.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Carlisle and Aish should be the targets and we should aim to to do so without giving up any players in our young core.

To even suggest Newnes name in trade talks is just silly, he is going to be an absolute beauty. He has played bloody well for a player of his age and experience, especially when he's playing in a side that has won less than 10 games in two seasons.

I literally would not even have any of these young players names allowed to be raised in any trade talks:
Hickey
Steven
Savage
Ross (unless he wanted out for some reason)
Dunstan
Acres
Billings
Newnes
Roberton
Longer
Armitage
Bruce
Membrey
Webster
McCartin
Goddard
Mackenzie
Lonie
Sinclair
Weller

I don't care if the remains have if no value, if they can't be combined with picks to get a deal which will improve our list then we walk away. These youngsters seem to have so much character. If they lack the talent to take us up the ladder then we need to hit the draft.

5 and 42 to Brisbane for Aish and 21
24 and 2016 2nd to Essendon for Carlisle and 41
21 and 41 to Sydney for 16 (more points for them to bid)

Take the best mid possible with pick 16
Pick up Rice with pick 60 if he nominates us. (we may need to go into a point deficit for next year but if he were to be bid on at pick 40 we would only lose about 250 points next year which is essentially a pick in the 50s.
Upgrade Sinclair
Take Freeman with a late pick if he will walk to the draft otherwise let him go.

This would speed up our development whilst still allowing us to bring in quality youth. We will lack picks next year but another year with this list will allow us more chance to know who we will need to shed and while they probably wouldn't get us huge value it could get us enough to have a half decent second pick alongside another top 10 pick.

Someone call Baines and tell them I've figured it out!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

So we give up because we may have to pay close to the right price? I don't think that would be smart. If the club want him, which seems very obvious, I think they will pay the right price and that isn't a straight swap for either of those players even though Hickey is closer to what they would want. Maybe chuck in our second rounder and it could get done even though I think Luenberger maybe going there so Hickey wont be wanted. To be honest Id rather trade Longer.
Geez I'm glad you're not one of my buying team!

If you believe the press Essendon started their negs by asking for billings...how would you respond? I negotiate for a living and based on that I'd be going hardball all the way to the kill.
2nd round pick at most

#1 Ryder fan
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Trade Rumours

MC Gusto wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

If you believe the press Essendon started their negs by asking for billings...how would you respond? I negotiate for a living and based on that I'd be going hardball all the way to the kill.
2nd round pick at most
Well you obviously don't want him and that's fine but don't complain if don't get him because pick 25 is as much hope as us losing Steven for freo second rounder. Anyway I'm pretty sure the saints will pay fair value and hopefully we can get a pick 10 or so from someone.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Billy "scoreboard" Longer perhaps?

StGoddard18
Club Player

Re: Trade Rumours Extra

Could Saad be the popular player?

Follow me on Twitter @Prestie18
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

just get quality

“Yeah….nah””
Rosco
Club Player

gotta give to get

Rosco
Club Player

why would they want saad? and if they did, saad + 2nd rounder wouldn't be enough.

carlisle is ~pick 10 worthy, i agree with plugger.

saad + pick 25 does not equal pick 10.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

MC Gusto wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

2nd round pick at most
That's the spirit, bend them over. We did it to Hawthorn when they wanted McEvoy & did so to Brisbane in the Longer deal. Keep it up. I'd trade Geary for Carlisle. Ross or Hickey? No way.

Rosco
Club Player

geary for carlisle. yep, they'll do that. reckon they can find a better offer from about 16 clubs, and pay some of his wages to make up what we're offering.

StGoddard18
Club Player

I was just putting it out there, as he is a popular player.
I was not suggesting that Essendon would want him...

Follow me on Twitter @Prestie18
stjay
Club Player

Richo gave us the equation in his B&F speech. To play finals we need to stop 12 points against and kick 7 points more on average.
To win a flag we need to kick 100 points and restrict the oppoisition to 60 points.
This is very much a "Moneyball" view of the world and within reason I suspect that where a genuine gain can be made in this context they will trade players to make it happen.
Australian ex-major league baseballer Jon Deeble has adapted the process for the AFL through his company Aphex and based on media reports many AFL clubs were looking at the system.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

So who are we getting? Any movement?

Playon
Club Player

Trade Radio conversation about Carlisle around the 3 minute mark
Terry Wallace suggesting he's worth a late first rounder
https://soundcloud.com/thezonepodcast/n ... ptember-16

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Rumoured that we rate our top 5 in the draft well ahead of the rest of the draft class and that Schache isnt considered to be in our top 5

No mention of whether any academy players are in this top 5

So here's my guess

Weitering
Mills
Hopper
Parish
Tucker

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

2nd round pick at most
That's the spirit, bend them over. We did it to Hawthorn when they wanted McEvoy & did so to Brisbane in the Longer deal. Keep it up. I'd trade Geary for Carlisle. Ross or Hickey? No way.

Obviously you don't want him or if you do you are completely unrealistic. Geary for Carlisle gets Carlisle legs. I think we need him to mark it as well as kick it. No idea why you wouldn't trade Ross or Hickey and even then we would have to add more. Actually I wouldn't trade Hickey but I certainly would see if they want Longer. Anyway its a moot call because they can get Luenberger for nothing.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Devilhead wrote:Rumoured that we rate our top 5 in the draft well ahead of the rest of the draft class and that Schache isnt considered to be in our top 5

No mention of whether any academy players are in this top 5

So here's my guess

Weitering
Mills
Hopper
Parish
Tucker
I'd be very surprised if Matho and Francis were not in there.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!