Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Jake Carlisle

Our pick 5 is far too much for Carlisle (too many asterisk's against his name), but our second rounder is not enough.

Any chance we will try to get a late first rounder from someone else, to on-trade to the Junkies??

This whole "get ready for a popular player exit" doesn't necessarily mean they're going to Essendon.

Any chance Dunstan wants to go home??

S.A Saint
Club Player

if we can somehow get 2 first rounders (12-18) for pick 5 and then get carlile and aish i would be pretty happy with that.

use our 2nd rounder and package someone like saunders/curren and move a couple of spots down i would call that a pretty good trade period

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:if we can somehow get 2 first rounders (12-18) for pick 5 and then get carlile and aish i would be pretty happy with that.

use our 2nd rounder and package someone like saunders/curren and move a couple of spots down i would call that a pretty good trade period

We need to stop thinking those type of players are worth anything at all.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Sainternist wrote:Essendon need another ruckman. Is Longer or Hickey worth trading for Carlisle?
Im not sure the club would move on Mcevoy, Stanley and another ruckman in consecutive years

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

oh unless the club really believes that Longer - Holmes - Pierce are interchangeable

Seeya
bigred
Saintsational Legend

A first rounder for this sook is just rediculous.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:A first rounder for this sook is just rediculous.
It's a big red-iculous!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
S.A Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:if we can somehow get 2 first rounders (12-18) for pick 5 and then get carlile and aish i would be pretty happy with that.

Saunders or Curren would probably be in the 22 for essendon at the moment

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

We finished a whole 1 spot and half a game ahead of them in 2015. They finished 7th in 2014 to our 18th. So highly doubtful.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why? and that doesn't mean they are worth much anyway. They have no trade value.

jays
Club Player

first pick it will be 100% plus swap of later picks imo

mambo2706
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why? and that doesn't mean they are worth much anyway. They have no trade value.
Curren might have a tiny bit of value. Don't think Saunders would.

Rosco
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:Also very ambivalent about giving up a first round pick for this guy. No question that he has some good skills, but putting the cue in the rack isn't a trait that brings great promise. Carlisle was the 24th pick in the 2009. I say give them a second round pick for him, or a 3rd round pick and a fringe player.
why does the pick he was taken matter? i don't reckon you'd give up pick 1 for watts, but you'd jump at swapping pick 20 for fyfe.

he's worth about pick 10 imo. best bet is to trade 5 to someone for 10 & 15 (if possible) and use 10 for carlisle and 15 for the draft.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Rosco wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Also very ambivalent about giving up a first round pick for this guy. No question that he has some good skills, but putting the cue in the rack isn't a trait that brings great promise. Carlisle was the 24th pick in the 2009. I say give them a second round pick for him, or a 3rd round pick and a fringe player.
why does the pick he was taken matter? i don't reckon you'd give up pick 1 for watts, but you'd jump at swapping pick 20 for fyfe.

he's worth about pick 10 imo. best bet is to trade 5 to someone for 10 & 15 (if possible) and use 10 for carlisle and 15 for the draft.
Why in hell is he worth pick 10?

Last time he played well he was juiced to the eyeballs in 2013.

He is OOC

He hates Essendon

He wants out

He didn't even get in the top ten of their putrid worst and spuddiest. Even Melcham got in the top ten.

Pick 5 is way way overs.

I will be HUGLY dissappointed if we trade pick #5 for some bloke staring at a drug suspension and when we are crying out for mids.

#5 has reportedly been offered to GWS for Kelly. On the table but trade week is a month away.

Lot can happen. Would not be surprised if we are working with other clubs for trades and pick swaps as well.

I think we will all be bonkers by the end of trade period

You are garbage - Enough said
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Baines (spelling?) and Richo are both on record as rating "character" as important as skills.
Any bloke invited into the group has to embody Saintly qualities.

Richo has spoken to the Jabber, before he went overseas, so he must think Carlisle wears a halo.
And hope Richo doesn't rely on any character references from Windy Hill (remember Lovett-Murray debacle?)
If Richo has any doubts, you'd hope he would walk up the corridor to Baines' office and Cox's office, and say something.
The fact that Cox is warm on Jake the Jabber speaks volumes.
The brains trust at Lenin House (oops- Freudian slip) have snagged some quality cattle recently from other clubs-
Weller, Savage, Membrey, Bruce come to mind.
And I trust their radar is still working well.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Calling it "Lenin House" is my way of saying that I hope the young brigade will be "Putin" big work in the gym over summer,
so we can be "Russian" up the ladder before too long.
:lol:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:

Good idea but involves one side having both pick 10 & 15. Not impossible though. Every chance Brisbane will end up with lots of picks.... We send them pick 5 - they send us Aish plus pick 10 - we send pick 10 to Bombers? Something like that maybe possible also? Then we keep our 2nd rounder to use in the draft. Makes my head spin!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

No spudlise
No aish.
Get Kelly

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Calling it "Lenin House" is my way of saying that I hope the young brigade will be "Putin" big work in the gym over summer,
so we can be "Russian" up the ladder before too long.
:lol:
While other clubs are "Stalin" :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:No spudlise
No aish.
Get Kelly

If Carlisle was the same price as Kelly I would pick Carlisle every single time. Never thought much of Kelly as a junior. We need outside players but to me he is very outside. Also I think its a myth that we are even interested. Certainly no mention at all by people who talk about trades on SEN. Matter of fact trade expert was asked yesterday and he said he had never heard of it. Get Carlisle. Seems he is interested which is more likely that other myths.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Looks like we're casting a wide net hoping that someone accepts our offer. If Kelly is as good as his draft position then I'd prefer him rather than Carlisle. Having seen Kelly play on TV, I'm not so sure though. What do I know?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:Looks like we're casting a wide net hoping that someone accepts our offer. If Kelly is as good as his draft position then I'd prefer him rather than Carlisle. Having seen Kelly play on TV, I'm not so sure though. What do I know?

I think you know a bit if you think that. I don't believe Kelly is slightly in our sights though. And I have a very good contact when discussing Freeman and Kelly and it isn't me. Wouldn't know them if I fell over them. But that person is related to me.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Never thought much of Kelly as a junior. We need outside players but to me he is very outside.
This season and last season one third of his possessions have been contested and he has averaged over 3 tackles a game - he had tackle high of 9 in his last game - doesnt sound very outside to me

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:[quote="plugger66"

Never thought much of Kelly as a junior. We need outside players but to me he is very outside.
This season one third of his possessions were contested and he averaged 3 tackles a game - he had tackle high of 9 in his last game - doesnt sound very outside to me[/quote]

I have never once thought tackles have anything to do with being inside or an outside player. Cripps is an outside player and was top 10 in tackles. It has nothing to do with being inside. Contested possessions certainly do though. Anyway I have probably seen him play 15 games live and that is where I got that opinion. I don't need to look at stats for him but I certainly do for many players.

Saint wagga
Club Player

If we could land Carlisle and one of Aish and Freeman I would be absolutely stoked. I haven't rated Kelly that highly from watching probably half a dozen GWS games fairly closely. I rated Aish's first season very very good in a struggling team. Freeman, haven't seen him play, but if P66 rates him massively, i'm happy to go with that if we get him for not overs.

What would excite me most about bringing in a couple of players who have been in an elite system for 2+ years is that it can accelerate our climb up the ladder and still keep a nucleus of players that will be hitting their physical prime together. a few extra years of physical developement can't be underestimated with it comes to a long season with possible finals campaigns.

MOst importantly, if we pay a high draft price for any of them, we need to make sure they are A grade, because that is what we need, quality players if we are to consistently complete with the best and hopefully become th best! IMO of course.