Can someone explain this Kreuzer trade talk to me?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SuperDuper
Club Player

Can someone explain this Kreuzer trade talk to me?

This is what Carolyn Wilson reported:
The Magpies have withdrawn the reported $2.4 million deal put forward to the Carlton ruckman, a contract offer that had the Blues lining up for a generous compensation pick that could have become pivotal in the Magpies' Adam Treloar agreement. Kreuzer now seems almost certain to stay with the Blues.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/c ... z3lwJh7T1v
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Now.. If Collingwood gave Kreuzer a huge contract, then Pick 2 goes to Carlton. How couild that be involved in the Treloar trade? Pick 2 does not go to Collingwood!

It always seemed to me that they were considering a dodgy deal, paying Kreuzer enough to get Carlton pick 2, on the understanding that Carlton then used it in a specific way...
They may have pulled out, realising that the AFL would not accept such draft tampering... i.e. Carlton using pick 2 on anything other than the draft would have been far to obvious, that would be too much even for the Carlton recruiting team...

I think their other plan was to send Witts to GWS with their first rounder, and figured that they could get Kreuzer to replace Witts without giving up a draft pick, efFectively Collingwood getting

Treloar + Kreuser
for
Witts + Pick 8

which would be outrageous bargain.. it seems Witts and/or GWS are not keen...

Either way... the whole FA is open to manipulation IMO...

Or am I parabnoid? What was Caro saying about the pick 2 being used for Treloar?

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Can someone explain this Kreuzer trade talk to me?

I think you're correct - Collingwood wont give up Witts without getting another ruckman to assist Grundy. Cox is still too raw. There's no way Collingwood is going to do the dodge to help Carlton, no way in hell.

The latest rumour going around was that Witts has said he doesn't want to go to GWS, so it might be a moot point anyway.

Of course there's opportunities to exploit the system. There's nothing stopping us signing Kruezer, and trading both Longer and Hickey for Carlisle/Freeman/O'Meara/ Dangerfield/ whoever....

Rosco
Club Player

St Chris wrote:Of course there's opportunities to exploit the system. There's nothing stopping us signing Kruezer, and trading both Longer and Hickey for Carlisle/Freeman/O'Meara/ Dangerfield/ whoever....
except for the fact that he's failed two medicals and carlton will match a low offer which is all we should make.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Interesting pick up superduper. May well have been something in that. Collingwood get Treloar and Kreuzer, GWS get pick 2, 8, Carlton get pick 1, a Pies player and a GWS player. Would not put it past them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Interesting pick up superduper. May well have been something in that. Collingwood get Treloar and Kreuzer, GWS get pick 2, 8, Carlton get pick 1, a Pies player and a GWS player. Would not put it past them.

Good luck to them if it happened. We need to attack trades like that.