Come on North!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: Come on North!

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:The crowd was crap. Maybe up against a league final?

Probably also due to playing at Mike Fitzpatrick Oval.

Has the game been played at a proper ground like the SCG there would've been 5K more easily I reckon.

The Eastern suburbs lot in Sydney don't like going out West which is fair enough.

Now back to my good mate Goodes. What a selfish prick not to do a lap of honour to acknowledge HIS fans - the ones that supported him throughout.

You aren't a very nice person but hey you are very consistent at not being a nice person. The funny thing is you would have whinged that it was all about him if he did a lap of honour. And you know that when you see yourself in the mirror.
Agree with P66 on this. Goodes will get a lap of honour and left the accolades for Shaw not to overshadow a teammate.

Kudo's and respect to Goodes for that.

In saying that I am glad Goodes has retired. A divisive player using our sport for his political views.

Now Adam can come out and put his views for all he is worth and I am comfortable with that.

Thankfully our game wont be a political football (excuse the pun) for divisive views and patronising hypocrites shouting racist at anybody who dares to voice an alternate view

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Has the game been played at a proper ground like the SCG there would've been 5K more easily I reckon.

The Eastern suburbs lot in Sydney don't like going out West which is fair enough.

Now back to my good mate Goodes. What a selfish prick not to do a lap of honour to acknowledge HIS fans - the ones that supported him throughout.

You aren't a very nice person but hey you are very consistent at not being a nice person. The funny thing is you would have whinged that it was all about him if he did a lap of honour. And you know that when you see yourself in the mirror.
Agree with P66 on this. Goodes will get a lap of honour and left the accolades for Shaw not to overshadow a teammate.

In saying that I am glad Goodes has retired. A divisive player using our sport for his political views.

Now Adam can come out and put his views for all he is worth and I am comfortable with that.

Thankfully our game wont be a political football (excuse the pun) for divisive views and patronising hypocrites shouting racist at anybody who dares to voice an alternate view
Yep he was in a no win situation with certain people. Great player. No idea what type of person he is but people who know him seem to rate him. Hope he gets to do what he can to help his community.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote::( Dal's 300th next week-
Really?!!
Wow I thought he was quite a few away from that milestone still.
Congrats to dal for next week.
Been a good player over the journey.

Can't see them winning but let's hope they can pull a rabbit out the hat over at Domain Stadium

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yep he was in a no win situation with certain people. Great player. No idea what type of person he is but people who know him seem to rate him. Hope he gets to do what he can to help his community.
I have never had a problem with his politics. Just had a problem using the game as a pedestal to push it.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:Agree re lap of honour.

Some people on this site just love to bitch and whinge
So you agree he should've done a lap of honour?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Great that Dal becomes the first (ex) Saint of a great era to reach 300 games, and in a Preliminary Final to boot!

Still love Dal for the player he is / has been, for the gracious manner in which he left the Saints and the fact that - despite his new opportunities at the Roos - has never bagged StKilda and still displays a connect to the Club.

Congratulations Nick; here's hoping you play game 301 in a fortnight's time.

Saint supporter since '62
mambo2706
Club Player

I never really liked Goodes due to his staging for frees and whinging to umpires but it is a shame he didn't announce his retirement, even to team mates, earlier. He was a great player and he at least deserved to be chaired off the ground by team mates. No doubt he was trying to keep out of the spot light due to all of the crap that has happened over the past month or so.

FQF
SS Life Member

Trev from the Bush wrote:Great that Dal becomes the first (ex) Saint of a great era to reach 300 games, and in a Preliminary Final to boot!

Still love Dal for the player he is / has been, for the gracious manner in which he left the Saints and the fact that - despite his new opportunities at the Roos - has never bagged StKilda and still displays a connect to the Club.

Congratulations Nick; here's hoping you play game 301 in a fortnight's time.
Agree entirely.

Dal would have had to have played about 5 or 6 prelims over his career? Not a bad effort.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

mambo2706 wrote:I never really liked Goodes due to his staging for frees and whinging to umpires but it is a shame he didn't announce his retirement, even to team mates, earlier. He was a great player and he at least deserved to be chaired off the ground by team mates. No doubt he was trying to keep out of the spot light due to all of the crap that has happened over the past month or so.
He specifically asked not to be chaired off the ground so that is why he didn't announce it prior to the game.

And I definately WILL go into politics and good on him.

His community need people like him.

Politics is a blood sport though and if he is critisised he wont be able to hide behind sport and the patronising peanut gallery who scream RACIST at anybody not agreeing with his politics.

mambo2706
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
mambo2706 wrote:I never really liked Goodes due to his staging for frees and whinging to umpires but it is a shame he didn't announce his retirement, even to team mates, earlier. He was a great player and he at least deserved to be chaired off the ground by team mates. No doubt he was trying to keep out of the spot light due to all of the crap that has happened over the past month or so.
He specifically asked not to be chaired off the ground so that is why he didn't announce it prior to the game.

And I definately WILL go into politics and good on him.

His community need people like him.

Politics is a blood sport though and if he is critisised he wont be able to hide behind sport and the patronising peanut gallery who scream RACIST at anybody not agreeing with his politics.
I thought he didn't even tell the coach until after the game. If coach and players didn't know who did he specifically ask not to be chaired off the ground?

I agree that indigenous people need guys like him. One thing I did admire him for even though I sometimes thought his timing wasn't great.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Rapt for Dal to play his 300th this week. And I like North. Not sure what there is to hate about them? Pretty inoffensive mob. Few supporters, haven't been up for awhile. I'm glad they got through to Prelim and will be hoping that they can somehow perform a miracle and beat WC. Out of the teams left in it, I'd like to see them win it.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

yep go North...but they won't.