Aaron Young

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: Aaron Young

I have nothing to rate Young on, I was wondering why your would be questioning Richardsons ability to understand what the STKFC football club needs in personnel.

As for him having no record. Again I dont know, but being a coach in the system with five AFL clubs and finally becoming head coach of one would suggest he is pretty respected in football for his knowledge.

I dont think Richardson is doing a Watter which I most certainly agree with you was terrible recruiting. Maister, TDL, Lee all failures in my eyes. Maybe Lee has a chance but what a wasted pick 13 with White now out the door.

Would put my faith in Richardson and the recruiting staff as they have been pretty good the last two to three years.

Anywhoo doesn't matter what we think dragit.

cheers

You are garbage - Enough said
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Yes 2012 Draft looks to have beena bust for us.

2012 Draft was a week one overall. However Doggies killed it with their picks! Certianly alowed the Dogs to ger an edge on all the other clubs.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti wrote:Looks kinda familiar.
ImageImage
You could be forgiven for assuming they're twins.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

BackFromUSA wrote:
dragit wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Nice shot at Richo's character :roll:
Nice rolling eyes :roll:

Probably missing the mark though with your comment about character…

Coaches wanting fringe players from their previous connections/clubs are generally a bad move IMO, but not always the case of course.

Dennis-Lane & Maister have left me cold, but get on Young if you rate him :D
I rated Lyon's recruiting of Schneider and Dempster.
....and Michael Gardiner, also Farren Ray was good value for pick 30 something. Zac Dawson, albeit not stellar, wasn't bad for a rookie selection.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not sure Ray, Gardiner or Dawson or Peake and King for that matter had much to do with Lyon... Maybe point was missed?

Brooks had a connection with Rendell
Trusted his judgement and used pick 8 & 31 to get him

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Fergus Watts was the worst one !! Pick 5 wasn't it based on his dad's recommendations to bring his son to the club

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Fergus Watts was the worst one !! Pick 5 wasn't it based on his dad's recommendations to bring his son to the club
No it wasn't

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
The_Merchant
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Fergus Watts was the worst one !! Pick 5 wasn't it based on his dad's recommendations to bring his son to the club
No it wasn't
Pretty sure it was a bit higher than pick 5. He looked pretty good before the broken ankle.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Could Aaron Young be our next Brett Voss?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Watts was very highly rated at Adelaide, and they were filthy to lose him when they did.

He didn't get much of a go with us and post injury we gave up on him pretty quickly and he gave up pretty quickly as well

ace
Saintsational Legend

The_Merchant wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
No it wasn't
Pretty sure it was a bit higher than pick 5. He looked pretty good before the broken ankle.
We used our first round pick in the 2005 draft for Fergus Watts.
Our team did OK in 2005 so the pick we used (wasted) was number 17

The AFL awarded Hawthorn a priority pick that year, number 3. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Collingwood priority pick number 2 and Carlton priority pick number 1.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Scoop
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:Herald Sun in reporting St Kilda is interested in Port Power's Aaron Young.

"...Port could also yet lose utility Aaron Young to St Kilda, in what could form part of a three-way deal involving Toumpas and the Dees. Young, 22, is contracted at Port next season but is open to a move. St Kilda coach Alan Richardson is believed to have a high opinion of Young, dating back to his time at Alberton as senior assistant coach to Hinkley. But Young has often been used as the sub and is eager for more senior opportunities. He has averaged 10 possessions in 42 games over the past four seasons..."

I've not seen him play but by all reports Young is hard at it and has impressed a lot of people with his skills.

Could be a reasonable pickup for a later draft pick.
Perhaps there may be one more player added to that trade scenario!

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

We should only be recruiting players with good kicking skills from now on. If kicking is one of Aaron Young's negatives - I see it as a big negative (and so should our recruiters, if they're finally doing their job) - and I'd be hoping that the coach would be over-ruled.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Where would Young fit in the team? Looking at the Hawks, their strategy is obvious when recruiting- get the players you need to balance the team across all lines, which leaves you with few weaknesses, and recruit players specifically for positions, and this even more pronounced with more experienced recruits. Not much point in recruiting a bunch of similar players.

ripplug66
Club Player

spert wrote:Where would Young fit in the team? Looking at the Hawks, their strategy is obvious when recruiting- get the players you need to balance the team across all lines, which leaves you with few weaknesses, and recruit players specifically for positions, and this even more pronounced with more experienced recruits. Not much point in recruiting a bunch of similar players.

In defence they have bugger weaknesses so can do that. We have many so the more you try the more chance they will make it.