Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jake Carlisle

ace wrote: If we end up with only picks 45 (378 points) to use in the draft we may not have enough points with a father son discount to secure Bailey Rice if someone calls him before pick 33.
Anyone else get the feeling bombers will regardless?

older saint
SS Life Member

If nothing else this clearly shows Essendon still has more leaks in their organisation than a boat full of holes.

Great PR move with press release and we will not be saying what it is in respect of Essendon , then hits media everywhere within 10 minutes.

Stkilda will end up with Carlisle and Essendon will once again show they cannot be dealt with and a rabble of an organisation

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Especially considering there was nothing from Hawthorn till clarkson said he thought he would stay a saint.

Hawks may be a little busy over the weekend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
gringo
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
ace wrote: If we end up with only picks 45 (378 points) to use in the draft we may not have enough points with a father son discount to secure Bailey Rice if someone calls him before pick 33.
If you don'y have it this year you can borrow from next years points I think.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
markp wrote:
5:20pm: Breaking from Jake Niall and Emma Quayle:
St Kilda have offered Essendon pick No.5 for Jake Carlisle the first time, but wanted two second round selections in return as well as the key position player.
Essendon have already rejected the offer, clearly viewing the give back of two second rounders as excessive.

In a response that followed the stunning bid by Hawthorn to land Carlisle, the Saints tabled an offer in which they would give up their first pick, No.5, but would receive Essendon's picks 23 and 25 - the latter having been secured in the trade that sent Jake Melksham to Melbourne.
Under the St Kilda proposal that Essendon spurned, the Bombers would also receive pick No.61 back.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-trade- ... z3oi3n1qG0
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
I'll do the maths
St Kilda gives up pick 5 and 63 (after free agency)
Pick 5 = 1,878 pints
Pick 63 = 112 points
St Kilda is offering 1,990 points

St Kilda want picks 23 and 25 plus Carlisle
Pick 23 = 815 points
Pick 25 = 756 points
That means 1,571 points plus Carlisle
Values Carlise at 419 points = pick 41 (412 points) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda probably expect Essendon to come back and say only pick 25 thus increasing Carlisle value up to 1,175 points = pick 14 (1,161 points)

The only thing those points are like value for is if you want to get academy picks or FS picks. I doubt any sane person would swap 23 and 25 for 5. Otherwise we should just make up the points with 3rd and 4th rounders for the next couple of years.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Have to assume they'll come back with carlisle and pick 25...gives them 4,5 and 23.....greedy bast@rds if they won't settle on that.
Still would prefer to walk him out the PSD and keep 5

Nee!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

If those scum get #5 they have won the trade.

No doubt about it.

You are garbage - Enough said
bigred
Saintsational Legend

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
To the top
SS Life Member

Given the history of this and who St Kilda are attempting to negotiate with to get the player to his nominated (and confirmed) destination it is hardly surprising that the first offer on the table from St Kilda is merely to start negotiations - and was always going to be rejected by the Druggies to give credibility to their numerous statements made to date.

This will work out.

The other FACT that is out there is the photographs of the person in the employ of the Druggies.

If ever a person's looks indicate the type of person he/she is, then this is it!

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Pick 5 is out of our pocket and on the table now. Bombers will just keep pushing and pushing until they get it clean. It's obvious to everyone we don't have the balls to walk away - thats a fatal mistake. We blinked. Goodbye elite midfielder. Maybe next year but we will probably trade that away for another of Richo's mates.

uptheboys
Club Player

To the top wrote:Given the history of this and who St Kilda are attempting to negotiate with to get the player to his nominated (and confirmed) destination it is hardly surprising that the first offer on the table from St Kilda is merely to start negotiations - and was always going to be rejected by the Druggies to give credibility to their numerous statements made to date.

This will work out.

The other FACT that is out there is the photographs of the person in the employ of the Druggies.

If ever a person's looks indicate the type of person he/she is, then this is it!

Just interested in that last bit, don't understand the part about photographs? Must have missed something

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:
If you don'y have it this year you can borrow from next years points I think.
Can

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Bluthy wrote:Pick 5 is out of our pocket and on the table now. Bombers will just keep pushing and pushing until they get it clean. It's obvious to everyone we don't have the balls to walk away - thats a fatal mistake. We blinked. Goodbye elite midfielder. Maybe next year but we will probably trade that away for another of Richo's mates.
Know a bit about the caper Bluthy?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:Pick 5 is out of our pocket and on the table now. Bombers will just keep pushing and pushing until they get it clean. It's obvious to everyone we don't have the balls to walk away - thats a fatal mistake. We blinked. Goodbye elite midfielder. Maybe next year but we will probably trade that away for another of Richo's mates.

I doubt very much that it will be Carlisle for 5 as a straight swap.

It has always been the case that pick 5 is too much, and out second pick too little.

No doubt Bains has tried to engineer deals for a pick in the teens, but has had not joy in getting a suitable deal.

Dons were never likely to go our second pick witha player from us unless it wasa player that we did not want to lose.

So that leaves as the likely deal:
* Carlisle for pick 5 with say 25 back
OR* Carlisle for pick 5 with a player that we are ok to lose.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
older saint
SS Life Member

My guess
Picks 5,61 for Carlisle and 25

25 for Freeman.

So for pick 5 we get Carlisle and Freeman and keep 24.
I think that is a win

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I am hoping we can jag pick 23 but I am almost resigned to 25.

We could have had 23 if we were proactive earlier in the week.

saintjake
Club Player

On the AFL end of day trade wrap, they are saying that Carlisles manager has all but ruled out Carlisle defecting the the Hawks and he is more likely to try his luck in the PSD to get to us

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

older saint wrote:My guess

25 for Freeman.

I think that is a win
That's pretty spot on I reckon.. Love him to slip to us in the PSD though.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:On the AFL end of day trade wrap, they are saying that Carlisles manager has all but ruled out Carlisle defecting the the Hawks and he is more likely to try his luck in the PSD to get to us
no buts he has categorically stated he's not going to Hawthorn

https://amp.twimg.com/v/bc6899ba-06ff-4 ... a8b068c2c4

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="LTN16"][quote="older saint"]My guess

25 for Freeman.

I think that is a win[/quote]
That's pretty spot on I reckon.. Love him to slip to us in the PSD though.[/quote]

PSD would be awesome. It would be the ultimate stuff you Didoro. And also the end of Didoro, time to get sacked jerk face

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

25 for Freeman.

That's pretty spot on I reckon.. Love him to slip to us in the PSD though.[/quote]

PSD would be awesome. It would be the ultimate stuff you Didoro. And also the end of Didoro, time to get sacked jerk face

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

25 for Freeman.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Given the history of this and who St Kilda are attempting to negotiate with to get the player to his nominated (and confirmed) destination it is hardly surprising that the first offer on the table from St Kilda is merely to start negotiations - and was always going to be rejected by the Druggies to give credibility to their numerous statements made to date.

This will work out.

Spot on about dud-oro, TTP. The photo is merely confirmation of what everyone who's ever had the misfortune to deal with him already knows. Complete and utter tosser. Arrogant and incompetent as well. Just look at what he's done to their list over the decade he's been there. Druggies going the same way as Carlscum. Multiple wooden spoons coming their way.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
stkfc1
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
saintjake wrote:On the AFL end of day trade wrap, they are saying that Carlisles manager has all but ruled out Carlisle defecting the the Hawks and he is more likely to try his luck in the PSD to get to us
no buts he has categorically stated he's not going to Hawthorn

https://amp.twimg.com/v/bc6899ba-06ff-4 ... a8b068c2c4
This puts the ball back in Bombers court. Deal or loose. Would love to stick the needle in and get Carlisle to walk to PSD but think sanity will prevail and deal gets done. Good to hear commitment from Carlisle camp. Pleasing.

the dome
Club Player

from P.S.D. to St. Kilda for J.C.

Fugazi you are speakin ma language ! "Still would prefer to walk him out the PSD and keep 5".
Keeping Pick 5 and showing a better poker face than the dodo guy (sorry on the spelling) would still well - suit our rebuild. I think it is worth a shot.
AR may not like hate losing the chance of securing a Key Defensive player next week but fans would & should cut him a bit of extra slack until he coach lands a KPD to flesh out the defence. :)
Last edited by the dome on Fri 16 Oct 2015 9:42pm, edited 1 time in total.