Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

santazzi
Club Player

Re: Jake Carlisle

How is that the media is comfortable with the Pies "....poised to reel in Treleor, Howe and Aish...'
and are critical of STK that it cannot land Mr Jake. also how is it that the Pies are confident to land three clean and outstanding footballers (each of which I would love at STK) while we are struggling to land a tainted one at our club..........I can't figure it......

Royston
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:Pick 5 is out of our pocket and on the table now. Bombers will just keep pushing and pushing until they get it clean. It's obvious to everyone we don't have the balls to walk away - thats a fatal mistake. We blinked. Goodbye elite midfielder. Maybe next year but we will probably trade that away for another of Richo's mates.

Quality post this one !!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:How is that the media is comfortable with the Pies "....poised to reel in Treleor, Howe and Aish...'
and are critical of STK that it cannot land Mr Jake. also how is it that the Pies are confident to land three clean and outstanding footballers (each of which I would love at STK) while we are struggling to land a tainted one at our club..........I can't figure it......
It's because the media is full of Essendon mafia...

the dome
Club Player

Un - Level Playing Field

maverick wrote:
santazzi wrote:How is that the media is comfortable with the Pies "....poised to reel in Treleor, Howe and Aish...'
Saints seen as a softer target and some journos may resent not being able to write up their 'Saints' Pick 5 to Essendon for Carlisle'.
Saints should be prepared to play it right down to the wire and hold fast on Pick 5. Spin the dice in the P.S.D.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

From a membership drive perspective, nailing Belinda in a fair trade is critical

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

personally I think Carlisle lost the Saints soon as he spoke to Clarkson. what we are doing now is distraction.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Rosco
Club Player

fair being the word

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

If we accept just 25 from the drug cheats we are weak as water. We need to stand on our digs and insist on 23 and 25, and finally accept 23 and their 3 round pick, 41. It would be handy for Rice.

realdeal
Club Player

maverick wrote:

+1
Robinson, Connelly, Niall?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

this may change with pies re news Treloar met with them Before end of season AND had surgery Without telling Giants

Echoing 2009 and a player training on premises before being drafted

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ace
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
this may change with pies re news Treloar met with them Before end of season AND had surgery Without telling Giants

Echoing 2009 and a player training on premises before being drafted
Collingwood has heavy brown paper envelopes.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
ace
Saintsational Legend

Coolingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Hawthorn have been power clubs for many years with large membership bases.
Stories about them are lead stories.
Stories about St Kilda are fill in stories.
Journalists want stories about the power clubs so they suck up to them.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
mullet
Saintsational Legend

They don't mind writing negative stuff about us
Watch this latest hawthorn story go away

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Cant we just front load his contract?

Just take us to 100% of the cap all on him.

Price him out of the market.

Then take him with a third rounder :P

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I thought I had read somewhere Big Red that the Saints offer is indeed front loaded
In the mean time the last of last evening was
http://afl.com.au/news/2015-10-16/trade ... king-point

but can someone confirm his age, I have seen and heard everything from 22-24

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Ned Stark
Club Player

Re 23, 24 and 25 for 8, is there any hope that GWS does this deal? I can't see it. In any event, even if our offer is accepted, it will be at the 11th hour with no time to deal with the Giants. If it was a realistic option, why couldn't we do a three way where we give up 24 and a player then Essendon use the 24 and the other two 2nd rounders to get 8? That's right, Essendon are the equivalent of the CFMEU when it comes to negotiating a deal.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

So much negativity toward Jake. The guy and his manager have done as much as they possibly can to reaffirm his position with our club. I'd suggest those who are dead against him check out what I wrote in the draft/trade thread, I won't repeat at the risk of sounding like a broken record.

Any anger towards him or the club is a result of getting sucked in the the media campaign. Thank god those sucked in aren't Ameet/Trout.

The Collingwood transactions aren't getting the negative publicity because it's being played out in private respectfully, apart from the early posturing from Brisbane.

This is what we are also trying to do, however, Essendon and Dodoro are giving us no chance and that's why its dominating the media.

Please though, enough with the Carlisle bashing, he has not put a foot wrong - he or his manager do not arrange a trade with Essendon - but they have done everything they can to show our club a lot of love. We are doing as good as we can dealing with an unhinged and dillusional rogue in Dodoro, a madman who shot himself in the foot a few times last week and will unravel more and more the closer we get to completion.

Trust Bains... And try to hate a future St Kilda star a little less...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I'm not seeing that much Carlisle hate at all. If anything it is all directed at that Essendon.

To be honest, if he is 100% committed to us if we have put what he believes to be a fair offer forward, then DOES NOT engage with Hawthorn for any contract then he will be an instant cult hero. INSTANT.

Give him number 4.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
ripplug66
Club Player

I'm now thinking we just use pick 5 on Carlisle even if we get nothing back. Prefer their second rounder but it may not happen. We get a player that baring injury will play 160 games and many of them could be good. It solves all our KPP issues for 10 years. We lose an unknown player who could be Pendles but could be Fiora. I'm prepared to lose them because there is no guarantee on them but plenty of guarantee on Carlisle.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:I'm now thinking we just use pick 5 on Carlisle even if we get nothing back. Prefer their second rounder but it may not happen. We get a player that baring injury will play 160 games and many of them could be good. It solves all our KPP issues for 10 years. We lose an unknown player who could be Pendles but could be Fiora. I'm prepared to lose them because there is no guarantee on them but plenty of guarantee on Carlisle.
Well I hope the club is not as easy as you are. He hasn't been much chop during the drug years and who's to say he will automatically be a star again 2 years on? No one can answer that one.

Surely at very worst we give the druggies pick 5 and get back 43 from
them. That IMO is a the bare minimum. I'm hoping for pick 5 and 63 for pick 25, 43 and Jake.

I understand your point re pick 5 being a gamble of sorts, but that doesn't mean we should bend over to a team of cheats that has a player that wants out and WILL leave regardless.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ripplug66
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:I'm now thinking we just use pick 5 on Carlisle even if we get nothing back. Prefer their second rounder but it may not happen. We get a player that baring injury will play 160 games and many of them could be good. It solves all our KPP issues for 10 years. We lose an unknown player who could be Pendles but could be Fiora. I'm prepared to lose them because there is no guarantee on them but plenty of guarantee on Carlisle.
Well I hope the club is not as easy as you are. He hasn't been much chop during the drug years and who's to say he will automatically be a star again 2 years on? No one can answer that one.

Surely at very worst we give the druggies pick 5 and get back 43 from
them. That IMO is a the bare minimum. I'm hoping for pick 5 and 63 for pick 25, 43 and Jake.

I understand your point re pick 5 being a gamble of sorts, but that doesn't mean we should bend over to a team of cheats that has a player that wants out and WILL leave regardless.

The one thing I don't care about is who we are dealing with and I'm sure our club is professional enough not to care either. We need to do what is best for us, not what is worst for them and if the club think getting him for pick 5 is best for us then do it. If they think it is way to much over the odds then don't do it but surely who we are dealing with doesn't make any difference. As for getting pick 43 back well I couldn't give a stuff about that pick. I still hope we get their seconder back and have been saying that seems to be the most sensible deal since the day we wanted him.

philtee
Club Player

Belinda!

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Hugh Goddard may very well be better and/or more consistent than Carlisle next year and we got Goddard at what around pick twenty in the draft last year. For goodness sake keep pick five and see what we can get with 24 and then concentrate all energies working in Freeman and Rice (future pick for Freeman perhaps). We are wasting our time on a bloke who significantly reduced our leverage just as soon as he spoke to Clarkson and confirmed it as a possibility - that's not bashing it's just a fact. You could argue it is fair for him to do that for himself granted but the consequence certainly weakens our position.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
ripplug66
Club Player

millarsaint wrote:Hugh Goddard may very well be better and/or more consistent than Carlisle next year and we got Goddard at what around pick twenty in the draft last year. For goodness sake keep pick five and see what we can get with 24 and then concentrate all energies working in Freeman and Rice (future pick for Freeman perhaps). We are wasting our time on a bloke who significantly reduced our leverage just as soon as he spoke to Clarkson and confirmed it as a possibility - that's not bashing it's just a fact. You could argue it is fair for him to do that for himself granted but the consequence certainly weakens our position.

Are you actually saying Carlisle should not have spoken to the coach of a side that has won the last 3 flags after the Hawks offered Essendon a deal that they wanted to do? He had to look after himself and at least hear what he said. He has since decided to stay with us which IMO shows a bit of class. Also you are right about Goddard maybe better but he also could be worse but even if he is better we still need a FB or CHB in 2 years time. And we aren't wasting our time. There is 24 hours in a day and the club probably speak about this deal for an hour in a day. If we got their second round back we get Carlisle and Freeman for pick 5. Now that is win for sure.
Last edited by ripplug66 on Sat 17 Oct 2015 9:40am, edited 1 time in total.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

We can't give up pick 5 as a straight swap for a guy who may or may not even be able to play next season. The two picks we want from Essendon in the 20s are required to be swapped to GWS for pick 8. That is just good management. If they won't deal, fine, we'll nab him in the PSD and Essendon get nothing.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.