Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jake Carlisle

Scollop wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
saintjake wrote:On the AFL end of day trade wrap, they are saying that Carlisles manager has all but ruled out Carlisle defecting the the Hawks and he is more likely to try his luck in the PSD to get to us
no buts he has categorically stated he's not going to Hawthorn

https://amp.twimg.com/v/bc6899ba-06ff-4 ... a8b068c2c4
I think after listening to this that I'm willing to bet that we'll get our man under our terms or he walks to the PSD.

Just to refresh everyone's memory - didn't Carlisle say about Essendon; "This club is faarked"

He doesn't owe Essendon any favours and neither did Paddy Ryder.
He owes them a massive law suit if he is suspended for two years by WADA.
About $1.5 million for loss of earnings.
And another $1.5 million for personal reputation damage due to being branded a drug cheat for the rest of his life.

But his legal team would need to move fast, Essendon won't survive all the damages and legal costs they would incur for all the affected players.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:I will take it. Not sure GWS would though.

Pick 8 from GWS has been dubbed a sitting duck because they need to trade it to get enough points for the academy
Oh ok then.

J-Boy061979

How about this:
Pick 5 and 23 to Crows for 9,13 & 28.
9 goes to Bombers for Carlisle.
29 goes to Collingwood for Freeman

Adelaide rumoured to be keen on Francis who wouldn't be available at 9 but would at 5.
Bombers get pick 9
Pies get pick 28
Saints end up with Carlisle, Freeman and pick 13

longtimesaint
Club Player

J-Boy061979 wrote:How about this:

Adelaide rumoured to be keen on Francis who wouldn't be available at 9 but would at 5.
Bombers get pick 9
Pies get pick 28
It's great but how do we sell it to the crows?

One year will be our year
Rosco
Club Player

Wonderful. Unlikely also. Love to get one of these types of deals up but you need to have a reason for another team to give us pick 8 or 9. If we can package some picks in the 20s that add up (in points) to more than what 8 is valued at then GWS have an incentive to trade.

Crows need to want someone at 5 that won't be there at 9; only they will know. Also they will be getting less top 30 picks, noting that they have had less picks than usual in the last couple of years thanks to Trigg & Tippett they might want the extra pick.

Lots of factors, but if we can somehow get a first rounder, Carlisle, freeman and have something up our sleeve for rice (if we value him) then we should all be over the moon.

realdeal
Club Player

longtimesaint wrote:

Bombers get pick 9
Pies get pick 28
If crows are really keen for Francis then they need a higher pick than they currently have.. After the Dangerfield trade they have a fair few draft picks. This way I guess they can consolidate those picks to ensure they get the player they want, whilst upgrading their 2nd round pick.

I like the scenario, although, the way Essendon have behaved I don't even want them getting pick 9.,

ace
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:

Bombers get pick 9
Pies get pick 28
If crows are really keen for Francis then they need a higher pick than they currently have.. After the Dangerfield trade they have a fair few draft picks. This way I guess they can consolidate those picks to ensure they get the player they want, whilst upgrading their 2nd round pick.

I like the scenario, although, the way Essendon have behaved I don't even want them getting pick 9.,
Adelaide would want pick 4 from Essendon as part of any arrangement with Essendon getting pick 5.
They would also want to come out of the deal ahead not way behind as above.

Adelaide would accept pick 4 and pick 24 (2,819 points) in exchange for pick 9 and pick 13 (2681 points).
St Kilda would give up pick 5 and 24 = (2,663 points) in exchange for pick 13 (1,212 points) and Carlilse
Carlisle costs St Kilda 1,415 points (pick 9 = 1,469 points & pick 10 = 1,395 points)
Essendon would get pick 5 and pick 9 (3,347 points) by giving up pick 4 (2,034 points) and Carlisle.
Essendon sells Carlilse for 1,313 points roughly pick 11 = 1,329 points.

Adelaide wins by making the trade possible
Essendon gets a decent price for Carlisle roughly pick 11
St Kilda make the deal happen by rewarding Adelaide with a bonus of 138 points.

StKilda gives up pick 5 and 24 to get Carlisle and pick 13.
St Kilda then needs to split pick 13 (1,212 points) in two, so they can trade for Freeman.
Or give Collingwood pick 13 in return for Freeman and a second round pick.
e.g St Kilda gives up pick 13 and pick 63 (112 points to Collingwood) and receives pick 26 (729 points)
Values Freeman at 595 points between picks 31 & 32 (pick 31 606 points & pick 32 = 584 points)

We get Carlise, Freeman and pick 26 for pick 5, 24, 63.
Essendon get pick 5 and 9 for pick 4 and Carlisle
Adelaide get pick 4 and 24 for picks 9 and 13

We then have picks 26 and 45 to secure Bailey Rice
If we don't use pick 26 for Rice we would risk him being taken between picks 27 and 33 and not having enough points.
Trading pick 26 down to 30 in return for raising pick 44 would solve this dilemna.

BUT nothing will happen so long as Dildo keeps playing with himself over the value of Carlisle.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ripplug66
Club Player

ace wrote:
realdeal wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:

Bombers get pick 9
Pies get pick 28

Adelaide would want pick 4 from Essendon as part of any arrangement with Essendon getting pick 5.

Adelaide would accept pick 4 and pick 24 (2,819 points) in exchange for pick 9 and pick 13 (2681 points).
St Kilda would give up pick 5 and 24 = (2,663 points) in exchange for pick 13 (1,212 points) and Carlilse
Carlisle costs St Kilda 1,415 points (pick 9 = 1,469 points & pick 10 = 1,395 points)
Essendon would get pick 5 and pick 9 (3,347 points) by giving up pick 4 (2,034 points) and Carlisle.

St Kilda then needs to split pick 13 (1,212 points) in two, so they can trade for Freeman.
e.g St Kilda gives up pick 13 and pick 63 (112 points to Collingwood) and receives pick 26 (729 points)
Values Freeman at 595 points between picks 31 & 32 (pick 31 606 points & pick 32 = 584 points)

If we don't use pick 26 for Rice we would risk him being taken between picks 27 and 33 and not having enough points.
Trading pick 26 down to 30 in return for raising pick 44 would solve this dilemna.

BUT nothing will happen so long as Dildo keeps playing with himself over the value of Carlisle.

You need to forget about points and look at the pick number. Points matter only for F/S and Academy kids. The points thing is a joke when talking pure trades. Its a very slight guideline.

longtimesaint
Club Player

ripplug66 wrote:
ace wrote:
realdeal wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:

Bombers get pick 9
Pies get pick 28

You need to forget about points and look at the pick number. Points matter only for F/S and Academy kids. The points thing is a joke when talking pure trades. Its a very slight guideline.
The points values are not accurate as it depends on the strength of the draft.
In the upcoming draft it is suggested that the first 10 or so are strong and a weaker draft after that.
Therefore two picks in the twenties would not equal pick 5.

One year will be our year
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Will be Carlisle and one pick in 20's for pick 5.

That's what I'm hearing.......

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:If we all saw things the same way the world would be a pretty bland place.
Agreed. Does that mean we're bland? :wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Interesting comments by Robbo and Ando in today's hun. They talk about Carlisle and BJ as well as Chapman's book about to be released.

Evidently both Chapman and Carlisle dislike BJ with Carlisle punching BJ in the head at training.

Chapman reckons that BJ 's playing style is self -centred and more destructive than constructive in relation to his team mates, but he is Roo's best mate and I'm sure BJ would have had a bit to say to Roo on the subject.

Both Robbo and Ando rate Carlisle around pick 15 and say pick 5 is way way overs.
Last edited by saynta on Mon 19 Oct 2015 9:45am, edited 1 time in total.

ripplug66
Club Player

saynta wrote:Interesting comments by Robbo and Ando in today's hun. They talk about Carlisle and BJ as well as Chapman's book about to be released.

Evidently both Chapman and Carlisle dislike BJ with Carlisle punching BJ in the head at training.

Chapman reckons that BJ 's playing style is self -centred and more destructive than constructive in relation to his team mates, but he is Roo's best mate and I'm sure BJ would have had a bit to say to Roo on the subject.

Both Robbo and Andp rate Carlisle around pick 15 and say pick 5 is way way overs.

I didn't realise you rated the opinions of those Jorno's so much. Probably why we are asking for picks back to us.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
saynta wrote:Interesting comments by Robbo and Ando in today's hun. They talk about Carlisle and BJ as well as Chapman's book about to be released.

Both Robbo and Andp rate Carlisle around pick 15 and say pick 5 is way way overs.

I didn't realise you rated the opinions of those Jorno's so much. Probably why we are asking for picks back to us.
I don't rate either of them. I was just trying to inform the forum about what they had said,

I find it interesting that they report player unrest at the cheaters home base as a result of the way BJ plays and reacts to his teammates. The fact that Carlisle went as far as to punch BJ shows a lack of maturity on his behalf and confirms my earlier

expressed opinion that the guy is bad tempered.

I don't think all those rumour about BJ wanting out and the club not unhappy about such a move were all fiction

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Big tatts are for bogans. It's clear our Jake is very close this family which is a good thing I think we all agree. I'll take that and his tatts over a clean cut player who appears "clean" on the surface but is full of off field issues
And Carlisle doesn't have any off field issues?

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Just one more thing about JC. There have been a few posters who have cast doubt on his character, attitude and physical condition. Does anyone on this forum know him personally? If so, would they be kind enough to PM me with some details as to what problems he has? Two years ago he was a star in the making, the football world at his feet, earning great money doing what he loved. The cheats then started injecting him with goodness knows what. The scandal broke and his promising future looked as though it would be snatched from him at any moment. A potential two-year ban hung over his head and technically still does. I wonder how any of us would have coped with all that between the ages of 21 and 24. How's the rest of his former team gone in this time period? Even the best players have seen their form drop off significantly. Even the highly paid, passionate and committed BJ wants out.

If you believe he is a potential car crash, you must be assuming the club hasn't done its due diligence on him. He is not Andrew Lovett, we don't have to rely on anyone's references from the drug cheat's administration, (no Sheedy or Hird this time) and our doctors and physios will have given him a thorough examination. I have faith in our current crew. Wayne Hughes identified him as a potential trade target earlier in the year, Bains has managed his proposed contract, Elshaug and team have watched and assessed him and our medical team have conducted an examination that is sure to have identified any major issues. Give them some credit. This is not the bad old days of Davoren, Nettlefold and Lyon. This is one area we've improved dramatically in over the past couple of years.

FWIW, he will be a valuable and necessary addition to our list. The other points that haven't been lost on me, are that the club has shown it can land a big fish (I'm sure the deal will happen), it won't be intimidated by one of the so-called "big boys" and can hold its nerve and remain focused and professional. What's not to like?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
citywest

White Winmar wrote:Just one more thing about JC. There have been a few posters who have cast doubt on his character, attitude and physical condition. Does anyone on this forum know him personally? If so, would they be kind enough to PM me with some details as to what problems he has? Two years ago he was a star in the making, the football world at his feet, earning great money doing what he loved. The cheats then started injecting him with goodness knows what. The scandal broke and his promising future looked as though it would be snatched from him at any moment. A potential two-year ban hung over his head and technically still does. I wonder how any of us would have coped with all that between the ages of 21 and 24. How's the rest of his former team gone in this time period? Even the best players have seen their form drop off significantly. Even the highly paid, passionate and committed BJ wants out.

If you believe he is a potential car crash, you must be assuming the club hasn't done its due diligence on him. He is not Andrew Lovett, we don't have to rely on anyone's references from the drug cheat's administration, (no Sheedy or Hird this time) and our doctors and physios will have given him a thorough examination. I have faith in our current crew. Wayne Hughes identified him as a potential trade target earlier in the year, Bains has managed his proposed contract, Elshaug and team have watched and assessed him and our medical team have conducted an examination that is sure to have identified any major issues. Give them some credit. This is not the bad old days of Davoren, Nettlefold and Lyon. This is one area we've improved dramatically in over the past couple of years.

FWIW, he will be a valuable and necessary addition to our list. The other points that haven't been lost on me, are that the club has shown it can land a big fish (I'm sure the deal will happen), it won't be intimidated by one of the so-called "big boys" and can hold its nerve and remain focused and professional. What's not to like?
Great post.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Apparently BJ screams and spits and carries on like a big sook at his team mates under the guise of leadership. I certainly saw glimpses of that at St.Kilda, at least on field. I'd punch him too if too if he was in my face carrying on like a 2 bob watch. Not sure if that's the case with Carlisle vs Goddard. Even his cousin implied that he was a bit of a tyrant psycho wgen asked if he shared BJ'S temper.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

So it's ok to punch someone in the face if someone is carping on and annoying you?

That is a crime and it's called assault.

BJ has his weaknesses but he was a great player for us.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Recruit
Club Player

Anyone that punches BJ in the face is a friend of mine

derby Street
Club Player

The Recruit wrote:Anyone that punches BJ in the face is a friend of mine
That's a pretty stupid thing to say - if that's how you make friends I guess it says a fair bit about you. :shock:

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Possible hypothetical (or not): If we get Carlisle for say $700,000 per year what happens if he is suspended for 6 months? He would not be able to train with us and he is not supposed to be paid by us. Does that mean we would only fork out $350K for the next 12 months?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:So it's ok to punch someone in the face if someone is carping on and annoying you?

That is a crime and it's called assault.

BJ has his weaknesses but he was a great player for us.
BJ was a great player for us that was never in question and totally irrelevant. Now he plays for Essendon. Punching someone who is screaming and spitting at you just because he thinks he can is called self defence. First I'd warn him. Im sure he has been warned many times. These footballers are professionals and good leaders don't behave like that. Its actually workplace bullying. No wonder he ended up at Essendon.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

AFL trade period: Gold Coast's Charlie Dixon tied into Jake Carlisle trade talks

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z3ov43Eo4h
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:AFL trade period: Gold Coast's Charlie Dixon tied into Jake Carlisle trade talks

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z3ov43Eo4h
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
Great news. Carlisle, Freeman and Rice this year and 2 first round picks next year. Superb. If this goes ahead I take my hat off to the Bains and the boys and will look forward to a glorious decade ahead.