Carlisle "scandal"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Johnny Favier
Club Player

Re: Carlisle "scandal"

The more I look at it, the more this video looks like a deadset fit up.

Playon
Club Player

Wish I could get a copy of the video, I could put myself in the middle of the clip, here I am on holidays with Jake.
Its either clipped and edited or we didnt get to see the whole thing

We need to wait and see before making assumptions

kalsaint
Club Player

saynta wrote:
creepypolar wrote:You guys catch the Current Affair promo?? Looks like they've caught Jake Carlisle smoking weed in Amsterdam. Honestly, don't think it's a huge deal but pretty pissed they chose today to air it. Now, our brand is going to be tarnished because his actions will be affiliated with us. Media at its finest :roll:
It is illegal in this country and I would lay odds he will now get tested when he returns to Australia. Not good. For us or for Carlisle's health.
Needs to stay away for more than 14 days to avoid one test used in mining business.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

A fair bit of a hypocrisy/double standards on here. A few posters (not naming names, you know who you are) who were BITTERLY opposed to us getting Harley Bennell are the now chief apologists for Jake. Sweeping under the carpet. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Scoop
Club Player

Don't know if this has been posted previously.....

As everyone is aware, in 2009 we traded pick 16 to Essendope for Lovett. What most people may not be aware is that E'dope then were involved in a complicated series of trades that got Burgoyne to Hawthorn.

Pick 16 eventually became pick 24. Who got picked at 24 in the 2009 ND?.........one J Carlisle!!!

It's the pick that keeps on giving! Spooky isn't it!
Last edited by Scoop on Thu 22 Oct 2015 1:44am, edited 1 time in total.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
kalsaint
Club Player

saynta wrote:
The Recruit wrote:
St Chris wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:The pick is gone, it aint coming back
Trades arent final until they're processed after tomorrow's deadline....
Is this true?
Yes, all trades have to be ratified after closure of the draft period at 2pm tomorrow.
Need to place this comment on Bomberblitz. Would be interesting reading.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

kalsaint
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
The Recruit wrote:If no trade is official until 2pm Thursday Jake is done at the saints.

Shame but we have no other choice....
So you have judged him guilty even though you cant see who it is or what the powder is?
Jonson's baby powder, just looked a little rough after last night so wanted to improve my appearance but you guys walked in on me! Why, oh a fit up, I see now.

ctqs
Club Player

Firstly no one is certain it's him but even if it is do we know when it was done? If it's two weeks ago then it is a concern but if it's 12 months ago it can be passed off - rightly or wrongly - as water under the bridge. I maintain the club can come out of this looking OK by saying that the club has spoken to Jake and he has explained to us what happened and why. He's been under a lot of stress in the past couple of years and unfortunately he cracked under the strain and had a momentary lapse. Even though it obviously happened at a time before Jake joined St Kilda, his welfare is the club's main priority and we will take him under our wing and make sure he gets the support he needs as he works through the challenges he faces.

In effect we'll be saying we look after our players' welfare instead of subjecting them to the crap which the Drug Cheats flung at their players.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
kalsaint
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:The onus is on the club to put him through counselling and stop his moronic ways. That's a duty of care by the employer. You don't just cast them aside into the scrapheap!
Question is, Who is the employees manager now? There are specific dates used in trading and contracts.

Secondly do we even know this is Carlisle and if it is, was he filmed doing anything unlawful? Lets wait and see.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Cant we just come out and say:

"We dont know if the video is legit. Carlisle was a Bomber at the time. Everyone knows about the Bombers lax attitudes to drugs. Now he is at a stronger club he has a clean slate and we can help re-educate him.'

Griggsy
SS Life Member

So we back out and he goes into draft, no one touches him and we pick him up for nothing ? I'm in.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Hi all. Been a while since I've been here, but this is clearly a massive story: not just for St Kilda, but particularly for Essendon and the AFL in general.

Unless the video is proven to be of someone other than Carlisle (which is possible but relatively unlikely), this story is going to throw up many questions.

According to ACA, Carlisle's manager knew about the video before the trade took place. The next big question is "did anyone at the Bombers know?"You can be certain that that club will be in a state of total panic today. The potentially waste of pick 5 is problematic for us, but the possibility that someone at Essendon knew about this and then allowed the trade to go ahead is potentially devastating for them. It would almost certainly be in Essendon's interests for the AFL to announce that it is suspending the trade pending a full investigation.

Even if this doesn't occur, if I were Essendon, I would probably seek to reverse the trade. It will be very hard for them to prove that nobody in their club knew about this, so their already-poor reputation is going to take a massive battering. Another tactic might be to try to put all the blame on Carlisle and his manager. But that will be difficult.

Anyway, that's my take on it all. I hope the video turns out not to be Jake. But even a tabloid show like ACA does try pretty hard to check these things before going to air.
Last edited by meher baba on Thu 22 Oct 2015 6:51am, edited 1 time in total.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
supersaints
Club Player

Griggsy wrote:So we back out and he goes into draft, no one touches him and we pick him up for nothing ? I'm in.
I'm softening my initial position ...Agree tell him we are seeking to majestic the contract null and void. To nominate for the pre season , we will do a full investigation. We then Pick him up, show it was all bulls*** and say thanks Bummers and dildo

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:
Griggsy wrote:So we back out and he goes into draft, no one touches him and we pick him up for nothing ? I'm in.
I'm softening my initial position ...Agree tell him we are seeking to majestic the contract null and void. To nominate for the pre season , we will do a full investigation. We then Pick him up, show it was all bulls*** and say thanks Bummers and dildo
This stuff about no trades being final until 2PM today is a furphy. Just a clerical process I assume, not a chance for teams to change their minds. What if Geelong decided they don't want Dangerfield. What happens to all the picks that were on traded? It can't be done.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
ripplug66
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:
supersaints wrote:
This stuff about no trades being final until 2PM today is a furphy. Just a clerical process I assume, not a chance for teams to change their minds. What if Geelong decided they don't want Dangerfield. What happens to all the picks that were on traded? It can't be done.

100% right. As if we can put him back into the draft. he is ours. We need to deal with it.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti: yes, under normal circumstances the trades can't be reversed. But these are highly unusual circumstances, so let's wait and see what the AFL does here. While the other clubs can't be expected to feel like helping St Kilda, there is likely be a very strong feeling that Essendon shouldn't be allowed to benefit from this.

As I have said, I think Essendon is now in a very difficult situation. From their point of view, there had better not be any clear evidence that anyone in a senior position at their club knew about the video prior to 6.30 last night. But one feels that the video could very well have come from one of the players. It's ugly.
Last edited by meher baba on Thu 22 Oct 2015 7:17am, edited 1 time in total.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
ripplug66
Club Player

meher baba wrote:kosifantutti: yes, under normal circumstances the trades can't be reversed. But these are highly unusual circumstances, so let's wait and see what the AFL does here. While the other clubs can't be expected to feel like helping St Kilda, there is likely be a very strong feeling that Essendon shouldn't be allowed to benefit from this.

As I have said, I think Essendon is now in a very difficult situation. From the point of view, there had better not be any clear evidence that anyone in a senior position at their club knew about the video prior to 6.30 last night. But one feels that the video could very well have come from one of the players. It's ugly.

How is this anything to do with Essendon? His manager yes but not Essendon. And there is no way the trade can be reversed.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Paid too much and now this? Seriously want to scream.

Are we cursed? Serious question

#1 Ryder fan
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

plug: we don't know yet if it has anything to do with Essendon. But, if they knew about the video before yesterday, they shouldn't have been putting Carlisle up for trade.

I'm not necessarily saying the trade can be reversed. But I doubt that the AFL can just sit on its hands here. I doubt anything will happen that will help us. But they might do something to Essendon. The manager is, of course, almost certainly cactus.

- Jonathan Swift
bigred
Saintsational Legend

My understanding is that legally the trade could be declared void before 2pm today as it is not officially recognized before 2pm.

These are somewhat exceptional circumstances. I daresay that the AFL rules could most certainly be tested if you unleashed a QC...

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

If it was a stitch up then the bloke who supplied the info would be in a lot of trouble ? The media know who he is and there may also be some texting for sale. The video can be traced to the source by meta data ?

I'm thinking the info is legit :( :x

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I haven't seen the video, so I don't know if it's real or not.

But let's assume it is real.
A number of questions arise for me :-
When did this take place?
Who was it sent to?
Who knew of its existence?
When did the manager know of this?
When did Essendon know of this?
When did St Kilda know of this?
When did Current Affair know of this?
Why did Current Affair choose to air it last night?

At the very least there appears to be an attempt to 'embarrass' Carlisle/St Kilda by airing it AFTER THE TRADE TOOK PLACE and not before.
Why?
What is the rationale behind that decision?
Is it simply a legal concern by Current Affair that they may be liable for damages if the airing of the story resulted in the withdrawal of our offer to Carlisle and thereby causing him to lose money?

spert
Saintsational Legend

I hope the club is strong and smart through this period. A good outcome would be that the highly-respected Richo gets the best football out of Carlisle that was never achieved at Essendon. I think Hawthorn should be worrying more than us about negative publicity. A lot of people know who the mysterious Hawks premiership player under investigation is- I do, and it's about time that club released his name for their own good.

markp
Saintsational Legend

It's pretty simple... either the video is proven to be fake, or we void the deal.

The timing of his act, whether a prank or not (ultimately it doesn't even matter), couldn't be more of a dildo act... and the FACT that people we were dealing with knew that this was about to blow (sorry) and didn't alert us is unconscionable.

If trades are not finalised until 2pm then likely that requires some input (signatures, etc.) from us?

If you buy a house at auction and you are the winning bidder you are obliged to pay, but if right after the hammer falls or prior to final inspection and settlement the house falls down then the vendor is the one with the problem.

But having said all that, as I said before the video looks seriously odd (very possibly not legit), and it is a recording of a shaky recording.

Today should be interesting.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

has anybody 'outed' (identified) Jake's so-called mate yet?

and is it too late for 'ex-bomber' Jake to claim 'depression issues' as a defence?