We Must Now Sack Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ripplug66
Club Player

Re: We Must Now Sack Jake Carlisle

Tom_Sainter wrote:It is incredible this comes out the night he is traded. What's the chances someone at Essendon has something to do with this? Any logical person should see this as it happening on essendons watch really. Had this video come out 24 hours earlier he wouldn't be a st kilda player. Can't see any benefits in sacking him now, only way to spin this is to show how he can grow as a person as a st kilda player and in turn show how poorly he was managed at that drug f*cked club

Certainly the chances of anyone at Essendon having anything to do with it are nil especially as his manager was told before the trade. Had he told the Saints the deal could have fallen over. It could be a d**khead supporter though. Or a mate who wanted money.

longtimesaint
Club Player

Tom_Sainter wrote:It is incredible this comes out the night he is traded. What's the chances someone at Essendon has something to do with this? Any logical person should see this as it happening on essendons watch really. Had this video come out 24 hours earlier he wouldn't be a st kilda player. Can't see any benefits in sacking him now, only way to spin this is to show how he can grow as a person as a st kilda player and in turn show how poorly he was managed at that drug f*cked club
He needs to be put on notice that any further indiscretions will have serious implications.
Also send him on an educational course.

One year will be our year
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I always hear about 'the end of the club' in situations like these.

I've been hearing it for 20 years.....

philtee
Club Player

Icing on the cake would be if WADA ban him for a year or two.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

can we also have him flogged in public. Have him flogged with the Essendon number 5 on his back.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Stuck with him now. At the end of the day it just a 22yo doing some coke. Not a hanging offence.
But I think we all know that the rumours that he has a 'colourful' night life and hangs around with some undesirables are most likely accurate.
In itself it doesnt worry me - I always say 'choir boys dont win premierships' but it really does shi*t me given the club has been spewing all this BS propaganda about 'character' in the last two years and so many people on here were quick to sink the boot in to Harley Bennell and are now chief apologists for Jake.
Just complete BS. Dont tell me you arent racist and dont tell me how the club knows everything and is run by geniuses. I'm not listening.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Stuck with him now. At the end of the day it just a 22yo doing some coke. Not a hanging offence.
But I think we all know that the rumours that he has a 'colourful' night life and hangs around with some undesirables are most likely accurate.
In itself it doesnt worry me - I always say 'choir boys dont win premierships' but it really does shi*t me given the club has been spewing all this BS propaganda about 'character' in the last two years and so many people on here were quick to sink the boot in to Harley Bennell and are now chief apologists for Jake.
Just complete BS.
Wasn't part of the club when he pulled this stupid stunt so they can't be held accountable. Bennell was a product of GC so that's a reflection of the systems they have in place.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Can't argue with Caro on this occasion.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saynta
Saintsational Legend

So, he knew about the video going to air and remained silent.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Have to agree 100% with you there

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:So, he knew about the video going to air and remained silent.
That's the biggest worry. Obviously petrified of being stranded at Essendon. Huge, huge trust issues come up now. Waited for his lucrative deal to be done then bows his head and acts contrite. How much is he a team player? There were those questions at dons and now with us after just 24 hours. Pick 5 just looks better and better. :(

ripplug66
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:
That's the biggest worry. Obviously petrified of being stranded at Essendon. Huge, huge trust issues come up now. Waited for his lucrative deal to be done then bows his head and acts contrite. How much is he a team player? There were those questions at dons and now with us after just 24 hours. Pick 5 just looks better and better. :(

How do we know this?

Sobraz
SS Life Member

I really think next years membership pack should include a box of adult nappies, judging by the amount of supporters that are shitting themselves over this non-event. Want a bunch of self righteous soft cocks.

It is pretty much done with already. Run its race. Finished, nothing to see here. He stuffed up, got caught thanks to his own stupidity, and will now have to make it back up to the club and playing group in the best way possible.

Jake will be a Goliath for us at CHB and I look forward to all those that demanded sacking a dumb 24 year old kid for doing a line of coke out of season while overseas, praising him for his match winning efforts. Commenting on how he's turned his life around. What a feel good story.

Those concerned about the clubs image and it's ability to attract sponsors, if more of our pissant supporters actually had a dip and became members, such controversies would have no baring on our business model. Here we are flailing at barely 30k members playing Sunday twilight; I wouldn't want that lame exposure either.

Get up to 50/60 thousand members, get some big games on Friday/Saturday night, fill Etihad to the brim and the sponsers will flock to us, irrespective of our hiccups, and probably pay for the coke too.

Go Jake. Go Saints.

markp
Saintsational Legend

A renegotiated contract with the incentive of avoiding the mess of a lawsuit, and perhaps the addition of some zero f-up clauses may be a win we could take from this.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The club is going to play him...end of story.

The possible positive side to this is that it may shake this dill up and set him on the right track and may even get more out of him than the cheats ever did.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Essendon habits seem hard to break

mullet
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
Bluthy wrote:

How do we know this?
geez plug people on here know everything. they know what you and I are thinking too. yes they do

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Jake is a massive flog and I don't buy his public relations manufactured apology.

Club should have reneged on the deal. They had a good case.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:

I said on Big footy that the amount of access and good will put out under Finnis and his board gives us runs on the board with the media. The closed shop under Lyon pissed the media off and as soon as they had an opportunity to retaliate they did.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Terry palace said that he think there might still be some bans coming from the AFL because Essendon had him still and can't really ban him during our time and we can't ban him when he was an essendon employee.

ripplug66
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:Jake is a massive flog and I don't buy his public relations manufactured apology.

If they reneg he is still our player so we play one short and it costs us maybe 3 million dollars. That would be complete madness. Do all other Saints players also lose a contract for using drugs because if that's the case we could lose a few more?

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Shite, can some people on here get a grip! I'm glad some posters are not making decisions at the Club (and I'm glad I don't work for them)!

Do you honestly think that Carlisle would distribute video of himself snorting an illicit substance? Looks like a piss take on the Bennell incident to be frank. I would suggest that the white powder is icing sugar or good 'ol Ajax. Given how excitable the Yanks are about narcotics, they would have arrested him in a nanosecond if it were a naughty substance.

At worst we're dealing with a joke and I couldn't really give a toss. Yeah its a bit dumb on his behalf, given the complete disregard for the privacy of anyone in elite sports. However, on a more serious note its indicative of the mainstream media's pathetic descent into the peddling of shallow gossip.

ripplug66
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote:Shite, can some people on here get a grip! I'm glad some posters are not making decisions at the Club (and I'm glad I don't work for them)!

Do you honestly think that Carlisle would distribute video of himself snorting an illicit substance? Looks like a piss take on the Bennell incident to be frank. I would suggest that the white powder is icing sugar or good 'ol Ajax. Given how excitable the Yanks are about narcotics, they would have arrested him in a nanosecond if it were a naughty substance.

At worst we're dealing with a joke and I couldn't really give a toss. Yeah its a bit dumb on his behalf, given the complete disregard for the privacy of anyone in elite sports. However, on a more serious note its indicative of the mainstream media's pathetic descent into the peddling of shallow gossip.

He basically admitted it was drugs by what he said. And I don't think we can blame the media for his stupidy. Its news for sure.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Jake is a massive flog and I don't buy his public relations manufactured apology.

If they reneg he is still our player so we play one short and it costs us maybe 3 million dollars. That would be complete madness. Do all other Saints players also lose a contract for using drugs because if that's the case we could lose a few more?

I have checked with our legal counsel and I was told by two different people including a contract law expert that the club could have definitely pulled out.

He's still a flog but I guess he's our flog now.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.