Thank you Gil

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Thank you Gil

For a decent draw. Only 5 interstate games and it appears less Sunday twilight and more Saturday night games.

Even the poster formerly known as Plugger would be happy with it I reckon!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
philtee
Club Player

Re: Thank you Gil

No Thursdays, Fridays or Mondays.
We're certainly not the AFL's marquee club at the moment, spearheading the night-time TV coverage,
but there's a bit of love there.

ripplug66
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:For a decent draw. Only 5 interstate games and it appears less Sunday twilight and more Saturday night games.

That's funny SP. I never whinge about the draw and you would whinge if you won tattslotto because you had to share it. If you are happy then I'm suggesting 99.9% of people are happy.

I tell you who may not be happy though. The tankers who say we need to not win to many games at the moment.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah, we got everything we wanted bar the North away game in Tassie. Suppose the missing of the NZ game meant we couldn't be too greedy. Pretty confident membership will rise on the back of quite a few arvo games.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Yeah, we got everything we wanted bar the North away game in Tassie. Suppose the missing of the NZ game meant we couldn't be too greedy. Pretty confident membership will rise on the back of quite a few arvo games.
We had quite a lot of day games this year also. You'd hope that means family friendly and getting the little kids going. Hawthorn did a great marketing job as the family club - now it's our turn!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ripplug66
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
tony74 wrote:Yeah, we got everything we wanted bar the North away game in Tassie. Suppose the missing of the NZ game meant we couldn't be too greedy. Pretty confident membership will rise on the back of quite a few arvo games.
We had quite a lot of day games this year also. You'd hope that means family friendly and getting the little kids going. Hawthorn did a great marketing job as the family club - now it's our turn!

Pity kids 8 and over might not be able to go on a Sunday if they play footy.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

That's why I said little kids. And not all kids are boys either.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

what about the suggestion of Curtain raisers with the Zebras?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ripplug66
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Sorry didn't realise girls cant play footy.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

From my perspective (Melbourne based, with younger kids) BEST draw we've had in years by a country mile.

The boys will be sick of the sight of Etihad. 14 games! Let's hope we start getting some of that advantage back.

We'll get our Friday nights back after we win a few more this year, and good to get some games at the G.

Go the Mighty Saints Season 2016!

Always loyal
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

No point complaining about draws anyway, but considering our last few years, we've got a very fair draw for 2016.

Hopefully equates into a few more wins and thousands more members.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:From my perspective (Melbourne based, with younger kids) BEST draw we've had in years by a country mile.

The boys will be sick of the sight of Etihad. 14 games! Let's hope we start getting some of that advantage back.

We'll get our Friday nights back after we win a few more this year, and good to get some games at the G.

Go the Mighty Saints Season 2016!
We proved ourselves to be an exciting, competitive team last year which rises your stock with AFL. That come back against dogs and the last gasp win against Melbourne were the talk of the comp those rounds with our boldness and excitingness (word?). AFL will be betting on us getting McCartin, Billings, Acres, Lonie, CArlisle, Freeman, Dunstan, Goddard, Bruce, Rooey, Joey, Sinclair all out there and playing exciting, very watchable footy. Lets hope the players don't get ahead of themselves and keep applying the selfless, intense pressure to be competitive.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

I tell you who may not be happy though. The tankers who say we need to not win to many games at the moment.
:P

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saint-stu
Club Player

Also with two small kids, very happy with the day games. Even without kids I always liked the sunny day games and am a bit sad we don't really have them anymore with the closed roof.

Only 5 interstate games, I might have to rethink the foxtel subscription!

1ac46a38
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:For a decent draw. Only 5 interstate games and it appears less Sunday twilight and more Saturday night games.

That's funny SP. I never whinge about the draw and you would whinge if you won tattslotto because you had to share it. If you are happy then I'm suggesting 99.9% of people are happy.

yeah who are those faceless men?
Anyway, I thought you'd banished yourself or something ? :shock:

“Yeah….nah””
Rosco
Club Player

ripplug66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Sorry didn't realise girls cant play footy.
Gotta admit that was a win.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Not sure on Gil at this stage, strikes me as a soft CEO, he should have stood up after the Carlisle video was leaked.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

IanRush wrote:Not sure on Gil at this stage, strikes me as a soft CEO, he should have stood up after the Carlisle video was leaked.
Dimwit would've been worse. Always was compared to Gil. That prick would've blamed us.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:

I have to agree with that. We could play every top 8 team twice interstate and have one home game and you would be saying how we should just take it lying down because if we were any good we would win anyway.

ripplug66
Club Player

gringo wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

I have to agree with that. We could play every top 8 team twice interstate and have one home game and you would be saying how we should just take it lying down because if we were any good we would win anyway.

So you agree that I don't whinge about the fixture. Again though you have made up things to prove a point. I think you have proven your point and that is you cant discuss things without making things up. Well done Gringo. You never disappoint.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

So you agree that I don't whinge about the fixture. Again though you have made up things to prove a point. I think you have proven your point and that is you cant discuss things without making things up. Well done Gringo. You never disappoint.
plugs, you are falling into the trap again and will be banned again. This is the sort of thing that got you rolled last time.

ripplug66
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
plugs, you are falling into the trap again and will be banned again. This is the sort of thing that got you rolled last time.

SP so its ok for someone to tell untruths and I cant reply? Yep good stuff SP. You and Gringo both said untruths. I never whinge about the fixture but you said I did. You always whinge but anyway thanks for the advise. I will put it where it deserves to belong.

Anyway the fixture is good but it doesn't really matter. If Carlton had the best fixture ever they would still struggle to win many games. If we improve the fixture will help. If we don't the fixture wont help at all.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

SP so its ok for someone to tell untruths and I cant reply? Yep good stuff SP. You and Gringo both said untruths. I never whinge about the fixture but you said I did. You always whinge but anyway thanks for the advise. I will put it where it deserves to belong.

Anyway the fixture is good but it doesn't really matter. If Carlton had the best fixture ever they would still struggle to win many games. If we improve the fixture will help. If we don't the fixture wont help at all.
Ok back to the fixure - so you are saying a really crap fixture ie. with 6 Sunday Twilight home games and 8 interstate trips would have no negative effect on membership and attendances?

Remember the financial impact of the fixture is also vital. Sure, great fixture or terrible fixture won't make the difference between us making finals or not in 2016 that part I agree with you on.

ripplug66
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Ok back to the fixure - so you are saying a really crap fixture ie. with 6 Sunday Twilight home games and 8 interstate trips would have no negative effect on membership and attendances?

Remember the financial impact of the fixture is also vital. Sure, great fixture or terrible fixture won't make the difference between us making finals or not in 2016 that part I agree with you on.

No I'm not saying that. You are. I was talking about winning. Never mentioned anything else.