Union told Jake Carlisle's manager not to tell Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Union told Jake Carlisle's manager not to tell Saints

WinnersOnly wrote:Does anyone know what Carlisle's reduced contract will looks like?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/j ... b56f420ba5

Jake Carlisle’s pay cut will be determined at a meeting with club chiefs next week.

Carlisle was bracing for a severe slashing of the marketing component of his four-year $600,000 per season contract.

But he could also face new performance clauses not included in his original agreement.

St Kilda is unlikely to suspend Carlisle and is hoping he will instead volunteer to accept an official drug strike as punishment for his Snapchat video calamity.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Unless he already has a drug strike or two in which case he may not be so terribly eager.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Can't wait to see you guys cheering him when he gets his first possession
Possession of what?
:D

Clayton Davis
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Can't wait to see you guys cheering him when he gets his first possession
Possession of what?
Sheeeiiittt!!! Nuthun ta worrah bout. Clay 'll take goooud care o Jaykey boy. :wink:
The Fireman wrote::D

Warning: Press only in situations of extreme disbelief!
######### http://shiiiit.com/ #########
####### Image #######

About a simple man who was horrifically punished by
the powers that be for the terrible crime of trying to
bring light to the common people.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Mr Magic wrote: For keyboard warriors like myself to even hint that they're unaware ignoramuses is just sheer nonsense (IMHO)
well Im confused where you stand MM
are you saying that the club (coach & recruiting dept) were aware of all JCs' short comings - extending to as many on here say - that we knowingly recruited a mental midget with an drug problem?

Seeya
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Mr Magic wrote: For keyboard warriors like myself to even hint that they're unaware ignoramuses is just sheer nonsense (IMHO)
are you saying that the club (coach & recruiting dept) were aware of all JCs' short comings - extending to as many on here say - that we knowingly recruited a mental midget with an drug problem?
Nothing to be confused about.
I believe that those employed by us are not complete incompetents as seems to be the view of some of the contributors on here.
It's easy to be a 'genius' after the event.
It's also easy to be a genius before the event if you're basing your opinion on unsubstantiated rumours.

Surely you're not suggesting that we employ private investigators to do background checks on prospective players?
Maybe we should do police checks?
Maybe we should ask ASIO to 'rubberstamp' all prospects?
Maybe Interpol?

Exactly how far should we 'vet' anybody we're looking at?
And how long should this process take?

And given the AFL's illicit drug policy where no Cllub apparently knows which players have strikes, how would any Club deal with another Club in complete confidence that the player they're trying to sign is 'clean'?

Or are you suggesting that we should take note of all the rumours and innuendo spread by people with zero first hand knowledge?
If that was the case very few players would be traded or selected in drafts because if you look hard enough you'll find rumours/innuendo about all of them.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

millarsaint wrote:Unless he already has a drug strike or two in which case he may not be so terribly eager.
Don't know if he will be terribly eager

You are garbage - Enough said
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote: No point in hoping otherwise but there will be people hoping he fails to say I told you so which is unfortunate. Lets hope for our club we have made a great long term decision.
Why would any fair dinkum St Kilda supporter want Carlisle to fail just say I told you so??

I would think every StKilda supporter desperately wants to see him succeed in the red white and black

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
ripplug66 wrote: No point in hoping otherwise but there will be people hoping he fails to say I told you so which is unfortunate. Lets hope for our club we have made a great long term decision.
Why would any fair dinkum St Kilda supporter want Carlisle to fail just say I told you so??

I would think every StKilda supporter desperately wants to see him succeed in the red white and black
Undoubtedly Carlisle is an idiot. But he's our idiot.

I hope he has a long and successful career at the Saints.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
spert
Saintsational Legend

Just concentrate on what he is worth to us as a player in contributing to our rise up the ladder, otherwise if we are looking at recruiting angels, then many will be disappointed. I'm sure he has had a kick up the bum and will get stuck into having a good season in 2016.

ripplug66
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:

I bet there is one or two on here for sure. Posting history shows that. I think most supporters what his to succeed but not all and if it doesn't work out you watch those who post.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

ripplug66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

I bet there is one or two on here for sure. Posting history shows that. I think most supporters what his to succeed but not all and if it doesn't work out you watch those who post.
Tend to agree. Some posters would rather a player they have predicted fail actually fail or me excuses when they play well.

I have on numerous occasion said I don't think Seb Ross will make it, and will say so again here, but will be very happy to be proven wrong.

Unfortunately some posters fragile ego and self worth insecurities seem to be greater in importance than a player or players succeeding.

Strange mentality but prevelant none the less

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

As difficult as it may be for some, we really need to get behind Jake whenever he does take the field. No doubt opposition supporters will give him heaps, but we need to show him that we support him on the field. For those that don't like him/ think he's an idiot/ wish we didn't take him etc.. the only good outcome from here is for him to play to the best of his ability.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

We need him to succeed so that we can succeed.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Big difference between wanting him to fail and pointing out where you think our selection criteria could be improved upon.
I wasn't too impressed with the Gardiner recruitment to start and also when he was out injured for extended periods but couldn't have been more pleased when he came good in '09.Whilst Carlisle should stiffen up our back 6 I think we have overpaid in terms of Salary and picks especially given he has already proved he is an imbecile!Hope i am wrong and he proves to be the steal of the century.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Given what we've invested... I'm pretty sure all saints supporters hope he gives us a substantial return on our investment.

I think Jake has potential, but his attitude at Essendon was appalling ... We've taken a risk by trading a high frdp for him .... The jury is out atm

What he did was moronic...

But as for being a c***head... He is not in the same ballpark as Andrew (woman bashing, lazy training drunk) Lovett

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Undoubtedly Carlisle is an idiot. But he's our idiot.

I hope he has a long and successful career at the Saints.
Instead of yelling out " Go you good thing" we could yell "go you idiot" ?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
I believe that those employed by us are not complete incompetents as seems to be the view of some of the contributors on here.
It's also easy to be a genius before the event if you're basing your opinion on unsubstantiated rumours.

Surely you're not suggesting that we employ private investigators to do background checks on prospective players?
Maybe Interpol?

And given the AFL's illicit drug policy where no Cllub apparently knows which players have strikes, how would any Club deal with another Club in complete confidence that the player they're trying to sign is 'clean'?

Or are you suggesting that we should take note of all the rumours and innuendo spread by people with zero first hand knowledge?
If that was the case very few players would be traded or selected in drafts because if you look hard enough you'll find rumours/innuendo about all of them.
Peter Gordon said that the Bulldogs didn't consider him because of character issues.

I'm not blaming the club completely on this but there were issues with the guy and ghey must hxve known what they were getting.

Can't possibly eliminate risk completley but Finnis should be asking Bains and co to review our procedres.

He's a big investment so we can ask him to take a voluntary drug test.

If he doesn't want to, too bad. Deal is off.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
philtee
Club Player

Saints PR team have wisely delayed putting Jake in a Saints jumper, and splashing the pics.
Every photo of Carlisle so far, he's been in a Bombers jumper or in their training kit.
Today on the H-Sun website...

markp
Saintsational Legend

They should make him do his pre-season in an essendon jumper too.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

re the Bulldogs; in Carlisle's defence much of that character stuff was predominantly based around him not wanting to speak to them. So really they've got bugger all to go off other than hearsay. I think they showed poor character with their choice of words. Getting a bit full of themselves. Surely another club for Carlisle to target smashing their forward line.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
asiu
Saintsational Legend

haha
... i like that ! ... well played saints.

agreed ... keep him in the druggies colours until game day.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

millarsaint wrote:re the Bulldogs; in Carlisle's defence much of that character stuff was predominantly based around him not wanting to speak to them. So really they've got bugger all to go off other than hearsay. I think they showed poor character with their choice of words. Getting a bit full of themselves. Surely another club for Carlisle to target smashing their forward line.
Wouldn't talk to them because their SC is so stuffed because of their 1.5 mill VFL player. They couldn't get within 200k of what we offered.

Gordon trying to cover his are on Boyd.

And apparently their DD doesn't extend to FS druggies

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
millarsaint wrote:re the Bulldogs; in Carlisle's defence much of that character stuff was predominantly based around him not wanting to speak to them. So really they've got bugger all to go off other than hearsay. I think they showed poor character with their choice of words. Getting a bit full of themselves. Surely another club for Carlisle to target smashing their forward line.
Wouldn't talk to them because their SC is so stuffed because of their 1.5 mill VFL player. They couldn't get within 200k of what we offered.

Gordon trying to cover his are on Boyd.

And apparently their DD doesn't extend to FS druggies
And how did that go down on the home front?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
sunsaint wrote:

Maybe Interpol?

Peter Gordon said that the Bulldogs didn't consider him because of character issues.

I'm not blaming the club completely on this but there were issues with the guy and ghey must hxve known what they were getting.

Can't possibly eliminate risk completley but Finnis should be asking Bains and co to review our procedres.

He's a big investment so we can ask him to take a voluntary drug test.

If he doesn't want to, too bad. Deal is off.
I stopped listening to what Peter Gordon says when he flip-flopped on the Essendope Saga after he realized he had Crameri on his list and any penalty given to players would affect his beloved Bulldogs as well.
Maybe he can give pointers to us on how to run a successful administration which in the space of 1 season saw
a player revolt
the sacking of their coach (the same coach he had been publicly praising all season)
the walkout of their captain (and favourite son)
the signing of Tom Boyd for 7 million dollars

As for asking Carlisle to take a voluntary drug test - no we cannot. It's against the AFLPA rules for us to do so.