Carlisle "scandal"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle

satchmo wrote:
Can't be paid if suspended for doping.
Lucky I'm retired

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle "scandal"

yeah finally someone asked the AFLPA

sorry McConville said he had no 'Difinitive' information--- well ask !!!!!

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:yeah finally someone asked the AFLPA

AFLPA CEO Paul Marsh insists that despite the Jake Carlisle drug video being released following his move to St Kilda, clubs shouldn’t have the right to see their new player’s personal information.

“We’ve obviously fought really hard for that not to be the case and this is really sensitive, personal information,” said Marsh on SEN’s The Run Home.

“I don’t think its appropriate personal information, just because they’re footballers has to be provided to the next employer.

“If a player is one strike away from that situation (three strikes), the club doesn’t have the right to that information, never has had that right to that information and it’s not going to change now.”

Carlisle’s manager Anthony McConville has been questioned as to what he knew prior to the trade going through, but, Marsh believes following discussions, he shouldn’t have a case to answer.

“Anthony knew of the allegation, he didn’t know that was absolutely what had happened here,” he said.

“He spoke to our guys about it on the morning of the trade and at that stage the information to hand certainly wasn’t definitive.

“From our perspective we don’t think Anthony’s done the wrong thing, but we respect St Kilda’s right to seek an investigation if that’s the way they want to go.”

He says the lack of dialogue from the AFLPA over the issue was due to trying to find out Carlisle’s side of the story.

“We’ve been trying to get to the bottom of exactly what’s happened and trying to obviously speak with Jake and he’s come back from overseas,” said Marsh.

Read more at http://www.sen.com.au/news/10-15/marsh- ... w5b1fGW.99

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The general media are too soft when it comes to these sort of things. Grow some balls you media types!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:

AFLPA CEO Paul Marsh insists that despite the Jake Carlisle drug video being released following his move to St Kilda, clubs shouldn’t have the right to see their new player’s personal information.

“We’ve obviously fought really hard for that not to be the case and this is really sensitive, personal information,” said Marsh on SEN’s The Run Home.

“I don’t think its appropriate personal information, just because they’re footballers has to be provided to the next employer.

“If a player is one strike away from that situation (three strikes), the club doesn’t have the right to that information, never has had that right to that information and it’s not going to change now.”

Carlisle’s manager Anthony McConville has been questioned as to what he knew prior to the trade going through, but, Marsh believes following discussions, he shouldn’t have a case to answer.

“Anthony knew of the allegation, he didn’t know that was absolutely what had happened here,” he said.

“He spoke to our guys about it on the morning of the trade and at that stage the information to hand certainly wasn’t definitive.

“From our perspective we don’t think Anthony’s done the wrong thing, but we respect St Kilda’s right to seek an investigation if that’s the way they want to go.”

He says the lack of dialogue from the AFLPA over the issue was due to trying to find out Carlisle’s side of the story.

“We’ve been trying to get to the bottom of exactly what’s happened and trying to obviously speak with Jake and he’s come back from overseas,” said Marsh.

So a team can pick up say a $1 MILLION dollar a year player not knowing that he may get a 3rd strike the next week??? What, is this amateur hour?? This is now a multi million dollar business and if you are about to pick up damaged goods (while not knowing he his damaged goods) that's all okay and you just have to wear it?

What a load of f****** s***!!!!!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
philtee
Club Player

Jungle drums have told me Hawthorn were keen to land Carlisle right up to the time
he signed with us, they had no clue of the video either. Hawks rate him highly as a KPP.
Would have been picked in Top 3 if he had landed in PSD.
Jungle drums then went quiet.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Everyone always goes after the manager. But they are paid representatives of the players - their job is always to think their clients interest first, morality questions and "greater good" later.

My issues is still with Carlisle. If his manager knew something was floating around before the trade (and one paper suggested he knew 5 days beforehand), I guarantee you it was raised with Jake and Jake would have known exactly what it was. It wouldn't even have surprised me if the dude first tried to blackmail Jake with the video for some quick cash.

But Jake chose not to say anything to SAints or Hawks until the trade was done. Not exactly great loyalty straight off the bat.

ripplug66
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:

Everyone always goes after the manager. But they are paid representatives of the players - their job is always to think their clients interest first, morality questions and "greater good" later.

My issues is still with Carlisle. If his manager knew something was floating around before the trade (and one paper suggested he knew 5 days beforehand), I guarantee you it was raised with Jake and Jake would have known exactly what it was. It wouldn't even have surprised me if the dude first tried to blackmail Jake with the video for some quick cash.

But Jake chose not to say anything to SAints or Hawks until the trade was done. Not exactly great loyalty straight off the bat.

He would take all his advise off the manager though. Carlisle is at fault because he doesn't have a brain but McConville is the one who should have told us.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Ch 7 suggesting Carlisle's AFL sanction is close to being announced

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:Ch 7 suggesting Carlisle's AFL sanction is close to being announced
SnapChat rights revoked and sent to his room?

You are garbage - Enough said
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saintbrat wrote:Ch 7 suggesting Carlisle's AFL sanction is close to being announced
SnapChat rights revoked and sent to his room?

Ch 10- mark Evens suggesting there would likely be something but matter is before Intregity unit- the club and player

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
The Disch
Club Player

We should make a stand and throw him out Imo.
The club is bigger than the individual. I don't agree with the view " that all footballers are doing it "
he is not the messiah and never will be. I'm soo pissed off with how this turd has made us the laughing stock yet again, after all the good work we have done recently.

jamesmc
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

So a team can pick up say a $1 MILLION dollar a year player not knowing that he may get a 3rd strike the next week??? What, is this amateur hour?? This is now a multi million dollar business and if you are about to pick up damaged goods (while not knowing he his damaged goods) that's all okay and you just have to wear it?

We pay a fortune to these recruiters, psychologists, life coaches, water boys etc, surely one of them could've picked that Carlisle was a flog of the highest degree.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

about time
The AFL has summoned Jake Carlisle and his manager Anthony McConville to explain their actions after Carlisle was publicly exposed last week appearing to take an illicit substance.
The player and manager are being investigated by the league's integrity unit. They face separate interviews by Friday and potential sanctions for their recent actions.
McConville's role in the scandal saw the player agent fail to reveal to Carlisle's new club St Kilda the alleged existence of video evidence purportedly showing the former Bomber snorting a white substance during a US holiday.
Although McConville had been in regular contact with Saints list manager Ameet Bains, he did not reveal to Bains before the Carlisle contract was signed that he had been contacted by Channel Nine regarding the Carlisle video.

While McConville has been let off by the AFL Players Association, both the AFL and St Kilda are believed to hold a harsher view on his handling of the affair

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z3prREkODv
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The fact that there is a 3 strike policy at all is testimony that illicit drug use is a huge problem in the AFL. In terms of revenue the AFL is a pixel in the shadow of the illicit drug industry. I believe lots of players are doing it. I have played amateur footy with at least 50 guys who have done it and they have done worse too.. Both the greatest of all AFL and NRL footballers are also victims. Unless you believe Matthews was better than Ablett. In my hayday I witnessed a few legends of the game doing it and have heard stories of many more. I never did it but I could have many times before and after games. When I was a teenager it was more readily available than stolen goods. In fact you could exchange it for stolen goods cause no one I knew could afford it. It was a drug for the privileged and hardcore crooks. That was the 80's. No one is doing a good job of controlling it including our border controls and police. We are silly to believe that the AFL or its footballers are any different. Let the law deal with Carlisle if they intend to. There is no doubt he has brought our clubs name into disrepute but only as a consequence of signing the deal AFTER he took the video and posted it on the internet. As a Saint he has a clear record in my opinion but I may be proven wrong yet. So why didnt channel 9 tell us. Cause the story wouldn't have been as good. This whole AFL industry is f...ed. Not just Essendon FC. I think I'm just gonna watch my son play next year and forget about the AFL. He just got invited to a summer development camp with GCS. I think I'm gonna keep a close eye on him. I used to worry he might get caught up in bad circles and tried to steer him toward healthy endeavours like sports and arts and such but the better he gets the more I begin to see lots of people trying to influence him and it worries me. I used to love this game but I'm beginning to wonder why. Give Jake a break. He is a kid. He is bound to make mistakes. I hope he can turn all this around. I hope he also does this at St.Kilda. I just want to see us win a flag before I die and I don't really care if we trade for Jack the Fu..king Ripper if he could help us get one. Am I wrong. Is that how desperate I should be. FFS we cant all barrack for Hawthorn.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Tl;Dr
Paragraphs would help

You are garbage - Enough said
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

We pay a fortune to these recruiters, psychologists, life coaches, water boys etc, surely one of them could've picked that Carlisle was a flog of the highest degree.
Its a pointless argument. If the player has 2 strikes and you trade for him you deserve what you get. The league can give as many strikes as they like. I'd expect that in terms of list management 2 strikes is a contract killer. In most cases the press and public know before the club can respond anyway.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Jake just keep giving to Essendon
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/j ... 60d2802d82
TWEETS posted by Jake Carlisle on his worldwide end-of-season jaunt cost Essendon a $2500 fine under the AFL’s anti-doping code.

Carlisle’s calamitous Snapchat drugs video will this week cost the disgraced St Kilda recruit a chunk of his new four-year contract worth $600,000-plus a season.

But it emerged today the Bombers are also out of pocket after Carlisle failed to inform the club of his post-season travel plans, which he openly documented on Twitter and Instagram in September and October.

Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority staffers saw the social media posts from London, Belfast and Paris, triggering the financial sanction.

Players are required to notify their club of their whereabouts at all times, information that is relayed to ASADA.

Essendon did not know Carlisle was heading overseas and therefore did not notify ASADA.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Jake just keep giving to Essendon
TWEETS posted by Jake Carlisle on his worldwide end-of-season jaunt cost Essendon a $2500 fine under the AFL’s anti-doping code.

Carlisle’s calamitous Snapchat drugs video will this week cost the disgraced St Kilda recruit a chunk of his new four-year contract worth $600,000-plus a season.

But it emerged today the Bombers are also out of pocket after Carlisle failed to inform the club of his post-season travel plans, which he openly documented on Twitter and Instagram in September and October.

Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority staffers saw the social media posts from London, Belfast and Paris, triggering the financial sanction.

Players are required to notify their club of their whereabouts at all times, information that is relayed to ASADA.

Essendon did not know Carlisle was heading overseas and therefore did not notify ASADA.
Oh boy, I hope we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot with this bloke. :(

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
karnak
Club Player

He has surely hit rock bottom. I agree with other posters that this is a blessing in disguise. Imagine if the video didn't come out for another 4 months. Not only would the impact on the St Kilda FC be greater but Carlisle would not have been read the riot act before the pre-season.

I hope and expect him to bust his guts this pre-season to earn the respect of his team mates, captain, coach and fans. If he leaves nothing on the track and can show us some glimpses of consistent good form in his first few games (with some massive marks and tackles). Then all will be forgiven.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Guys a cabbage I mean how much more do you need to know?
Just another DF!ck head who can play football so that's an excuse??
Won't be the last screw up - will be lucky to finish his contract with us IMO

“Yeah….nah””
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Guys a cabbage I mean how much more do you need to know?
Just another DF!ck head who can play football so that's an excuse??
Won't be the last screw up - will be lucky to finish his contract with us IMO
I hope you're wrong. Could he be a bigger d**khead than Wayne Carey?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

... wheres the dons crossing the i 's 'n dotting the t's admin dude or dudette
in that play.
Not sure jake n the druggies were talking about much at all.

lol
... i nearly wanna say , good on him.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Jake just keep giving to Essendon
Maybe Carlisle did tell the Bombers where he was going and what he was doing...

...and they just failed to keep a record of those details :wink:

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Well at least that's something.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....