SS Buying Some 2016 Memberships and Donating Them to Sick/Un

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

SS Buying Some 2016 Memberships and Donating Them to Sick/Un

Hi all,
Pinching a bright idea from the Wellington Phoenix (A-League) fans, but what option is there of some here (happy to help out too) raising money, buying (say) a 3 game 2016 Junior membership and donating them to sick/underprivileged kids?

The Phoenix model: http://www.yellowfever.co.nz/categories ... -challenge

Does it have any merit?
Can we make it workable?
Ideas/discussions?

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
stjohnc
Club Player

Re: SS Buying Some 2016 Memberships and Donating Them to Sic

great idea,
who knows how many more supporters and future supporters this will flow onto as well as helping those less financial to enjoy and support the club
Many years ago (early 60's) the STKFC, when they were at the Junction Oval, donated junior memberships to some of the local primary schools. I was at such a school in Brighton and got one of them for a game.
53 years on and a dyed in the wool supporter, member for over 30 years. My two adult sons have been members for about 25 years. 2 of my grandchildren are members (the other 2 are Swans supporters, grrr, but they will change)
Many many thousands of dollars have been put into the club through memberships, raffles, merchandise etc all due to a free junior members ticket 53 years ago

karnak
Club Player

If someone can organise then I'd be more than happy to purchase 2 or 3 depending on price.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

stjohnc wrote:great idea,
who knows how many more supporters and future supporters this will flow onto as well as helping those less financial to enjoy and support the club
Many years ago (early 60's) the STKFC, when they were at the Junction Oval, donated junior memberships to some of the local primary schools. I was at such a school in Brighton and got one of them for a game.
53 years on and a dyed in the wool supporter, member for over 30 years. My two adult sons have been members for about 25 years. 2 of my grandchildren are members (the other 2 are Swans supporters, grrr, but they will change)
Many many thousands of dollars have been put into the club through memberships, raffles, merchandise etc all due to a free junior members ticket 53 years ago
I think primary schools and/or kids footy clubs still do something similar stjohnc. My brother and nephew got to go to some bulldogs games as did other kids from his school as they shared the two tickets (or however many there were) each home game that was given to the school/club (I can't remember which one). :oops: And, guess what, my nephew barracks for the dogs now.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Worth checking with the club the process and options, I know of some which were offered several years ago and there did not seem a clear designated point for them to be given to.

Unless some on here know of people / children who will accept them, or an organisation which can and would use them .

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107