Paddy's endurance

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Paddy's endurance

The OtherThommo wrote:Arsene Wenger is generally credited with introducing, or at least greatly raising the emphasis on, science to the EPL.
Right, but given Arsenal's injury record of the last six or eight years, not to mention the number of trophies we have on our shelf, it might be worth him rethinking that!

Locals322
Club Player

Paddy will end up a bigger joke than Jack Watts tbh, nothing to see here. Least Jack's got some skill old mate McCartin reminds me of Kepler Bradley.

ripplug66
Club Player

Locals322 wrote:Paddy will end up a bigger joke than Jack Watts tbh, nothing to see here. Least Jack's got some skill old mate McCartin reminds me of Kepler Bradley.

Excellent SP2008.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

What a loser

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Locals322 wrote:Paddy will end up a bigger joke than Jack Watts tbh, nothing to see here. Least Jack's got some skill old mate McCartin reminds me of Kepler Bradley.
With such foresight how about doing something useful and predict the winning Power ball numbers for this Thursday. That will be the only thing that will give you any credence

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

ripplug66 wrote:

Excellent SP2008.
Is that SP2008? Thought he was banned for life.

Anyway read somewhere that Paddy was the new Hudson

You are garbage - Enough said
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

There is no bigger joke than a small minded troll.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Keplar Bradley was a solid though unspectacular player

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Keplar Bradley was a solid though unspectacular player
He certainly want a number 1 pick

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Underrated in my opinion.

Definitely the greatest Keplar to ever play AFL in recent memory Image

ripplug66
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

You obviously never saw Wessels play AFL?

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

As a footballer he makes a wonderful telescopes

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

You obviously never saw Wessels play AFL?
He only played Packer's World Series Footy so that doesn't count!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
saynta wrote:
tony74 wrote:
Long Term Injury wrote:Heard this week - cant remember where - that Paddy's endurance was matching that of Bruce in preseason. If that is true, it would be a massive improvement and a great sign of his professionalism etc. Really exciting stuff. Anyone heard anything on this, or who else is tearing it up? Tony74 any gos?
Paddy is up about 200% in body shape and strength. You will really see a difference in the way he looks. No longer a kid with a bit of baby fat, pretty lean and taut at the moment. Really working on his endurance, probably about 50% up from last year. Still having hassles with his levels as sometimes when he really pushes himself he does more harm than good and has a bit of an episode. Happened a few times so far this pre season but he's getting better knowing his own body so he'll get that right.
One things for sure, the boy can play footy. Has a touch of Hudson in him as in the ability to use his body to manoeuvre the opposition out of the way at just the right time.
Wow Hudson eh? Third best fullforward I have ever seen, after Plugger and Coleman.
You saw Coleman!!!!

What was he like to watch? If you've put him up at number 1 or 2 he was obviously worth the hype

Yeah, I saw Coleman play. He was magic. As a young un though, I thought him a bit of a sook for crying when he got rubbed out and couldn't play in a grand final. The young are pretty silly. I'd cry too.

Also saw him come off the ground crying one day at the junction oval. From memory he got a smack on the nose. Hard enough though to make anyones eyes water.

Coleman was a freak. He kicked a goal with his first kick amd got 12 for the match. No one has come close to equaling that feat.

He also kicked over 500 goals in about 98 matches to have the second hiighest goal average per match after Hudson.

Plugger, Coleman and Hudson were all champions of the game and would still be champions in todays game no matter what some self proclaimed experts think.

They remind me of someone nicknamed Albert Winestein. Three drinks and he was an expert on every topic imaginable.

ripplug66
Club Player

saynta wrote:
skeptic wrote:
saynta wrote:
tony74 wrote:
Long Term Injury wrote:Heard this week - cant remember where - that Paddy's endurance was matching that of Bruce in preseason. If that is true, it would be a massive improvement and a great sign of his professionalism etc. Really exciting stuff. Anyone heard anything on this, or who else is tearing it up? Tony74 any gos?
Paddy is up about 200% in body shape and strength. You will really see a difference in the way he looks. No longer a kid with a bit of baby fat, pretty lean and taut at the moment. Really working on his endurance, probably about 50% up from last year. Still having hassles with his levels as sometimes when he really pushes himself he does more harm than good and has a bit of an episode. Happened a few times so far this pre season but he's getting better knowing his own body so he'll get that right.
One things for sure, the boy can play footy. Has a touch of Hudson in him as in the ability to use his body to manoeuvre the opposition out of the way at just the right time.
Wow Hudson eh? Third best fullforward I have ever seen, after Plugger and Coleman.
You saw Coleman!!!!

What was he like to watch? If you've put him up at number 1 or 2 he was obviously worth the hype

Yeah, I saw Coleman play. He was magic. As a young un though, I thought him a bit of a sook for crying when he got rubbed out and couldn't play in a grand final. The young are pretty silly. I'd cry too.

Also saw him come off the ground crying one day at the junction oval. From memory he got a smack on the nose. Hard enough though to make anyones eyes water.

Coleman was a freak. He kicked a goal with his first kick amd got 12 for the match. No one has come close to equaling that feat.

He also kicked over 500 goals in about 98 matches to have the second hiighest goal average per match after Hudson.

Plugger, Coleman and Hudson were all champions of the game and would still be champions in todays game no matter what some self proclaimed experts think.

They remind me of someone nicknamed Albert Winestein. Three drinks and he was an expert on every topic imaginable.

To say all 3 would be champions in todays game shows that you just don't realise how much footy has changed. Cant comment on Coleman but Hudson wouldn't get a game in todays footy and if Plugger trained how he did and was the weight he was when he played he wouldn't either. Not a hope. I don't think it would matter how much Hudson played as he just wouldn't have the pace to play. If Plugger got fit he could play still because of his pace. Its far to simple to say they would still be champions now.

evo
Club Player

As a youngster he would not get drafted these days. However I saw him play quite a few times and I think if a young fit Hudson was placed in todays Hawthorn's forward line, his cunning and innate sense of where the ball would drop would still enable him to kick a bag most weeks. Speed was never his forte and the ball delivery wasn't of today's standard.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Paddy is a safe bet to turn out a very solid forward

Or

Better

I'd suggest he'll end up around the Chris Dawes/Cam Mooney at worst

Jay Schultz/Tex Walker at best

He, Bruce and Membrey will form a solid front half with Billings, Lonie and Gresham

ripplug66
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Paddy is a safe bet to turn out a very solid forward

Or

Better

He, Bruce and Membrey will form a solid front half with Billings, Lonie and Gresham

Dawes would be failure, Mooney wouldn't. I'm glad you have put a limit on an unfit first year player.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

ripplug66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Paddy is a safe bet to turn out a very solid forward

Or

Better

Dawes would be failure, Mooney wouldn't. I'm glad you have put a limit on an unfit first year player.
Why do you say he is unfit when reports from preseason say the contrary?

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

If Paddy can kick 4 goals a game on average, that's one a quarter, he has done his job. Any more than that is a bonus.
If Paddy ends up as good as Cam Mooney I would be very happy. Mooney was a very versatile player. I don't really like all of this negativity about a first year player who is a teenager. Why base the next twelve seasons on his first when he was playing in a poor team? Mooney was also a great 'team man' in successful sides.
It doesn't always just come down to natural talent either; players need to be developed properly, and this is one area which the club will need to lift it's game in if we are going to see the best of Carlisle and Freeman as well. Personal and professional development, on-field and off.
McCartin will be a great player for us and if it takes a few years for him to come on, then so be it.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:If Paddy can kick 4 goals a game on average, that's one a quarter, he has done his job. Any more than that is a bonus.
If Paddy ends up as good as Cam Mooney I would be very happy. Mooney was a very versatile player. I don't really like all of this negativity about a first year player who is a teenager. Why base the next twelve seasons on his first when he was playing in a poor team? Mooney was also a great 'team man' in successful sides.
It doesn't always just come down to natural talent either; players need to be developed properly, and this is one area which the club will need to lift it's game in if we are going to see the best of Carlisle and Freeman as well. Personal and professional development, on-field and off.
McCartin will be a great player for us and if it takes a few years for him to come on, then so be it.
4 goals a game is asking far too much. Thats 100 a season with a few finals. If he averages that in this day and age he will be an all time great. A tad better than just doing his job.

Downsize the expectation or work on the maths. Like you though I am confident he will be a very good player for us.

tony74 says Paddy is another year away from being fully ready for AFL.

How many seasons did Rooey take?

I guess it's a harsh comparison as Rooey wasn't groomed to be our key forward initially.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

First year Rooey hardly played.
Second year he played a few games.
It was really 2003 when he started to hit his straps.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:tony74 says Paddy is another year away from being fully ready for AFL.

How many seasons did Rooey take?

I guess it's a harsh comparison as Rooey wasn't groomed to be our key forward initially.
And I have read other ITK's say that his fitness and endurance has improved 200% on last season and will select himself when he gets into the seniors"

And comparing Roo with him is totally unfair.

Kosi won rising star first year, Roo had a knee and hardly played.

Who turned out better?

Showed promise in 2002 did Roo, but wasn't consistent until 2003.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I've got no doubt that Paddy will become a very good forward. With Brucey at CHF we will have a lethal attack

Another opportunity awaits!