So who has been posting here for more than 10 years

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Re: So who has been posting here for more than 10 years

Not me.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

god damn hate admit it but 90% of mt posts were 8 years ago been around before the crash in ???? that reset everything

SinCitySainter
Club Player

I have been here since March 2004 but was on the other board before that.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:I've been involved one way or another since about '99. Original name was HongKongSaint.

I think I remember that name. Kosi was it how I described it or have I got it wrong?
The initial site I was on was an official saints.com.au site. I think it could handle 20 or 50 threads and then they disappeared.
Yes I was on that initial site as well and was it that one that went into melt down and crashed when Blighty got sacked ?

Funny I can remember being on that site and punching the air when Blighty got appointed and running around the office talking to my Saints workmates excitedly. How quickly it all went to custard.

Dan Warna was a great poster and it's a shame he like many other interesting contributors got driven away. Does anyone else remember the great rant he threw out regarding keyboard jockeys hiding behind their screens in their urine stained trackies ? Still makes me chuckle to this day.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
noddy04
Club Player

Although i dont post much i to was on the original saintsational as we were good friends of Damien and his dad john. Spelly was here and Krabby and the coleslaw. Eastern was here . Spelly i think got a bit of flack as she was always correcting posters spelling etc hence her nickname. I also helped on a (talkback forum and Saintbrat , Eastern and Saintspremiers were regulars. We used to have player chats on a wednesday arvo and used to get up to 140 ppl on there when certain players came on. Grant Thomas was a regular contributor as well. I remember he invited my son and myself to go down to the change rooms before a Wizard cup (i think it was then). He met us and introduced us to a few of the players incl harves. Man did it open my eyes to the amount of work an AFL does before a game. A highlight of my life as a saints member. This site was a lot of fun back then with hardly any bickering but i spose we all get older and crankier. I have met quite a few on here in Melb and Adelaide through this site and feel blessed to have met them all .. :D

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

loris wrote:
saintbrat wrote:Templer

who Ithink was one of the originals of the Moorabbin wing?
Sonof66 (Steve) and wizsteppa (Ben) actually started up the Moorabbin Wing - others came on later in the process. Steve & Ben were then involved in liaising with the STKFC after it had organically grown to such a great place, that the club got involved.
Again, my memory for names lets me down, but the bloke we got from Hawthorn to get our membership up and going, him & his sidekick (Ben Hall) got behind Steve & Ben's work. Saint66au then got very involved. They were great for saving seats for interstates when we got over.
I can recall in the early days of the Moorabbin Wing......... Steve & Ben would be first up there, place their scarves & bags etc across rows of seats to ensure only Sainters could sit up there together. Then he started getting flyers printed and used to stand outside Bay 35 directing Saint supporters to the area. It was all via the SS site that a lot got to hear about the MW too.
Organic movements are hard to stop once they take off.

Where are Sonof66 & wizsteppa these days? I always used to catch up with Steve for a coffee in Chapel Street when I visited Melbourne, then I lost his phone # and he moved house. :( :( and now when I go to matches at Etihad I don't sit up in that area. More's the pity.

Sonof66 & wizsteppa if you post under different names now please PM me, I'll be over in Melbourne for a couple of games this season and I'd love to catch up.

Yep Templer was involved with Sainters.com
Loris they are both still very involved with leading the chants on The Moorabbin Wing. We all have reserved seats there now so not quite so chaotic. I will tell them to get in touch with you.

I stumbled across a link to this forum via Google & thought it was a godsend. I have met many wonderful people & had some great trips interstate & o/seas to watch the boys as a result.

sainterjo
Club Player

Here since the dawn of time, mainly lurking and not posting.

Ah the memories - a favourite being AOK's collaborative footy card project. I'd love to see them again

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
busso mick
Club Player

On the previous forum as mick I recall venting my spleen after we lost to Hawthorn in 1999 when we were up by 63 points. Tim "Minibus" Watson was our coach and the press (I think it was Herald Sun) quoted from the forum after the game. My favourite posters at that time were Waiting For Joel, ctqs and rogerwa.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

busso mick wrote:On the previous forum as mick I recall venting my spleen after we lost to Hawthorn in 1999 when we were up by 63 points. Tim "Minibus" Watson was our coach and the press (I think it was Herald Sun) quoted from the forum after the game. My favourite posters at that time were Waiting For Joel, ctqs and rogerwa.
Good times. Spelly, ctqs and krabby are all still around I believe.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Ten years is a long time... Who has made the journey
Similar to you mate, signed up in 2004 (though a bit later than you) and have posted about 7000 times.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Is 10 years a life sentence ?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Not me

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Winmar
Club Player

Looks like I joined in 2004, but I post infrequently so chances are nobody recognises my username anyway.

ripplug66
Club Player

Winmar wrote:Looks like I joined in 2004, but I post infrequently so chances are nobody recognises my username anyway.

I know that username very well.

Winmar
Club Player

Hah yes I thought that after I posted. :)

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I joined this forum in 2004. I think it was a couple of weeks before the pre-season GF against Geelong. What a great year that was.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

Me

Living in NSW and watching on TV I really enjoy the game day threads, ultimate trivia and the team prediction threads (and of course any reminiscing)

I can't stand the bickering, especially when they (you know who you are ) quote whole pages of stuff back wards and forwards so that a 10 page thread actually only consists of 6 comments

fqf

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
ripplug66
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote:Me

Living in NSW and watching on TV I really enjoy the game day threads, ultimate trivia and the team prediction threads (and of course any reminiscing)

I can't stand the bickering, especially when they (you know who you are ) quote whole pages of stuff back wards and forwards so that a 10 page thread actually only consists of 6 comments

fqf
Quoting a lot is a pain but every page has 25 comments whether you quote once or 40 times.

GoSaintersGo
Club Player

GoSaintersGo first joined the band of happy posters early in 2004. The conversation at the time was a pleasure to be a part of as there was no negative crap, or very little, just positive and constructive posts to contribute to.
Saintsational crashed in late 2011 I think and had to be reconstructed - as a result GoSaintersGo disappeared off the planet and was relisted on 14.2.2012.
The quality of posting has got worse and worse since then with ego hungry posters who call themselves experts commenting on everything, hitting the quote button with regular monotony, and hogging the Board for more than 40,000 posts. They just can't help themselves.
Hence my loss of interest in Saintsational - pity really.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

GoSaintersGo wrote:GoSaintersGo first joined the band of happy posters early in 2004. The conversation at the time was a pleasure to be a part of as there was no negative crap, or very little, just positive and constructive posts to contribute to.
Saintsational crashed in late 2011 I think and had to be reconstructed - as a result GoSaintersGo disappeared off the planet and was relisted on 14.2.2012.
The quality of posting has got worse and worse since then with ego hungry posters who call themselves experts commenting on everything, hitting the quote button with regular monotony, and hogging the Board for more than 40,000 posts. They just can't help themselves.
I originally started posting under the nick "em t " which is how I felt following the 1997 grand final so it must have been 1998.

Somtimes afterwards, I changed the nick after posters like spider girl though I must have been female. :oops:

That thought had never occured to me.

f***, that was 18 years ago.

I could have learned 8 or 9 languages in the time I have spent on here.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
GoSaintersGo wrote:GoSaintersGo first joined the band of happy posters early in 2004. The conversation at the time was a pleasure to be a part of as there was no negative crap, or very little, just positive and constructive posts to contribute to.
I originally started posting under the nick "em t " which is how I felt following the 1997 grand final so it must have been 1998.

Somtimes afterwards, I changed the nick after posters like spider girl though I must have been female. :oops:

Or if you put your mind to it you could have saved hard and become a multi millionaire

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
Verdun66 wrote:The bickering and off topic stuff started to annoy me. I had to wade through too much to get good info.
Certainly this was my main gripe - and still annoys me.

I just wish those posters could be shifted away to other forums - specifically the Animal Enclosure - so they could debate and back-stab in there. I don't know why they want to do it on the main forum.
Am interested to know Everton if you see it as a big problem still. There's been a concerted effort to stop the personal sniping and bickering and it has calmed down a fair bit. We shall see when the on-field action resumes, but I reckon we're heading in the right direction. Interested in your thoughts about this?
Yeah, fair call - it's good you're aware of it and trying to calm it.

I guess my tolerance for their petty antics has fallen below zero; you know as soon as they inject their personal battles into any given thread, the topic is as good as derailed. I almost instantly leave the site; many others would be the same.

A little bit of sarcasm is fine, but when it's a never-ending style of posting, in addition to the relentless finger-pointing, "you said this", it ruins it for everyone.

I see no harm in having them being able to post in the Animal Enclosure whilst having observational status on the main board. That way they can see what's happening and then use the AE to vent, dump, bicker, moan, discuss. But if they show sufficient commitment to respecting others in there, they can come back. If they don't, the status quo remains.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Winmar wrote:Looks like I joined in 2004, but I post infrequently so chances are nobody recognises my username anyway.
You've been a valued contributor! :mrgreen:

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
saynta wrote:

Or if you put your mind to it you could have saved hard and become a multi millionaire
I am already mate. :wink: :wink:

Well I feel like one anyway. :D

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Still lurking...