Jaeger O'Meara

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Jaeger O'Meara

Guys it's a done deal.....

He's even done his player's photo for 2017 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

jaxons
Club Player

ripplug66 wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Can i have a piece of the 12/1 on offer?

Yep gladly. Every club would have spoken to him. Every club would think they are a chance. None of us know which club he will pick.

PM with your bank details, can I have a $1000 on it?
I'll deposit the money immediately.

ripplug66
Club Player

jaxons wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Can i have a piece of the 12/1 on offer?

Yep gladly. Every club would have spoken to him. Every club would think they are a chance. None of us know which club he will pick.

PM with your bank details, can I have a $1000 on it?
I'll deposit the money immediately.

No worries. That makes 15 clubs who have had a thousand on it. Up by 2 grand. Just got to convince 2 more clubs and I'm 4 grand up.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I reckon we are better than 12 to 1. Firstly there are only 11 Victorian sides and only 10 in Melbourne.

Then we will have a better draft pick than at least 6 of the other Melbourne clubs. Plus the Saints Board member story.

So I reckon our odds are probably about $3.50. About a 30% chance of getting him. 70% chance of not getting him.

ripplug66
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:I reckon we are better than 12 to 1. Firstly there are only 11 Victorian sides and only 10 in Melbourne.

Then we will have a better draft pick than at least 6 of the other Melbourne clubs. Plus the Saints Board member story.

So I reckon our odds are probably about $3.50. About a 30% chance of getting him. 70% chance of not getting him.

That would make us clear favourites. I doubt those ITK outside our ITK would have us favourite.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I seriously hope, if the club is considering him as an option, that they want to see him play solid footy this season before even considering throwing any money or draft picks at him.
We burned a second rounder on Freeman and I see a bad moon rising there. No more injury prone guys with our high picks please.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I reckon we are better than 12 to 1. Firstly there are only 11 Victorian sides and only 10 in Melbourne.

That would make us clear favourites. I doubt those ITK outside our ITK would have us favourite.
Ur probably right. Wed be more like $6. Carlton Essendon and Melbourne will have a red hot show and you cant rule out the Hawks or Tiges. I think the Pies are stuffed because they don't have a first rounder.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Strikes me as another Freeman story, he JOM thinks they Suns.buggered up his knee repair/rehab and he wants out. Gees if we go after him with big cash we would want to be certain he has a long playing future ahead...?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
ripplug66
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:Strikes me as another Freeman story, he JOM thinks they Suns.buggered up his knee repair/rehab and he wants out. Gees if we go after him with big cash we would want to be certain he has a long playing future ahead...?

The difference is we see him either play or don't play this season. I don't see it like Freeman at all unless he doesn't play all year. Then he will be worse a hell of a lot less if he doesn't play. That is when he is like Freeman but not yet.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Obviously he needs to play this season.....

Then his value can really be assessed.

And then it is kitchen sink time.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

We also need to see how the top of the draft is looking as the year pans out. Trout could spot a kid we think we can get with our top pick who will be a superstar. So do we trade 2 first rounders for O'Meara when we could draft our own superstar this draft and keep next years top pick as well - 2 is better than one - gives you better odds. O'Meara has had a solid first 2 years but sometimes those spectacular flashy goals he gets can over-inflate his value. Lets see his work-rate this year with the less flashy stuff.

Playon
Club Player

Well we wont have 2 first round picks, we will have 1st this year and a 2nd the following the year available to trade. Weve already used a first rounder on Carlisle and that only allows us to trade one more first pick in the 4 year cycle. Plus we get Freeman with this years 2 pick

Otherwise we will need to trade out a player. I cant see us doing a sydney type trade again this year as we dont have anything left in the bank

Freebird
Club Player

Playon wrote:Well we wont have 2 first round picks, we will have 1st this year and a 2nd the following the year available to trade. Weve already used a first rounder on Carlisle and that only allows us to trade one more first pick in the 4 year cycle. Plus we get Freeman with this years 2 pick

Otherwise we will need to trade out a player. I cant see us doing a sydney type trade again this year as we dont have anything left in the bank
Can someone confirm this?

I thought the rule was we had to use one first round draft pick over a 3 year draft period

Playon
Club Player

- Clubs can trade one year in the future only.

- Clubs must make at least two first-round selections in each four-year period. If they don't, they will face restrictions from trading any further first-round draft picks.

- If a club trades a future first-round selection, it may not trade any other future selection from that same draft. But if a club keeps its future first-round selection, it can trade any of its future selections from other rounds.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-06/f ... strictions

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:- Clubs can trade one year in the future only.

- Clubs must make at least two first-round selections in each four-year period. If they don't, they will face restrictions from trading any further first-round draft picks.

- If a club trades a future first-round selection, it may not trade any other future selection from that same draft. But if a club keeps its future first-round selection, it can trade any of its future selections from other rounds.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-06/f ... strictions
Yes but we used a first rounder on Gresham so the Carlisle trade doesnt matter. We still used a first rounder in the draft.

And yes we dont have a 2nd rd pick in the 2016 draft (unless we trade for one).

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Playon wrote:Well we wont have 2 first round picks, we will have 1st this year and a 2nd the following the year available to trade. Weve already used a first rounder on Carlisle and that only allows us to trade one more first pick in the 4 year cycle. Plus we get Freeman with this years 2 pick

If Lewis Pierce comes on like I expect him to, then I would expect one of our ruck-men to go for a first rounder (Longer or Hickey). Both will get games this year and see their stocks rise, and Pierce is likely to end up the best Ruck/Forward of the three of them.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Playon
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Yes but we used a first rounder on Gresham so the Carlisle trade doesnt matter. We still used a first rounder in the draft.

And yes we dont have a 2nd rd pick in the 2016 draft (unless we trade for one).
Excellent, thanks for clearing that up.
I guess that explains why we were willing to trade 5

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

ripplug66 wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Strikes me as another Freeman story, he JOM thinks they Suns.buggered up his knee repair/rehab and he wants out. Gees if we go after him with big cash we would want to be certain he has a long playing future ahead...?
The difference is we see him either play or don't play this season. I don't see it like Freeman at all unless he doesn't play all year. Then he will be worse a hell of a lot less if he doesn't play. That is when he is like Freeman but not yet.
Plugger read the post the similiarities being that they both want out of their clubs because of a percieved mishandling of their injuries. Once again you do nothing but disagree and criticise others posts - get a life!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
ripplug66
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
Plugger read the post the similiarities being that they both want out of their clubs because of a percieved mishandling of their injuries. Once again you do nothing but disagree and criticise others posts - get a life!

I read it again and I addressed why it isn't like Freeman. Your second part states injury concerns and I addressed that in my post. In another forum people had a go at you when you responded similarly so maybe it is you imagining what I am saying. I didn't criticize your post all. I pointed out why I disagree. And WO we have an ignore post if you don't like posts like these.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

The names North and Carlton will be heard as the early frontrunners.

Clubs have all year to consider their options with JOM

You are garbage - Enough said
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Another setback apparently.

8856brother wrote:Another setback apparently.
Six weeks at least.

Saints pulled the right reign not making an offer.

We already have Freeman, can't really afford a huge price for JOM and find out he is an injury wreck

You are garbage - Enough said
Playon
Club Player

In all its a 4-5 week delay, was due to return round 1 now its round 4-5

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-03/f ... e-surgery-

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Six weeks at least.

We already have Freeman, can't really afford a huge price for JOM and find out he is an injury wreck
Why are you saying we are not making an offer? Surely we are still exploring the option. Clubs are taking the ultra cautious approach with their young talent coming back from injury. He's got two solid years under his belt already. Even if he's out for half the year that doesn't write him off.

Playon
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Six weeks at least.

Why are you saying we are not making an offer? Surely we are still exploring the option. Clubs are taking the ultra cautious approach with their young talent coming back from injury. He's got two solid years under his belt already. Even if he's out for half the year that doesn't write him off.
I'm happy to back our medical team on this one and we have the rest of the year to look. If he turns out to be a star and we didn't have a crack at him it'd be a major disappointment. I'd imagine we'd offer a long term contract with a built in safety against permanent injury. pretty sure we went this way with Carlisle, but cant confirm, having to play so many games a year etc etc