well done the Saints fans

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

well done the Saints fans

Thousands turned out for praccy match
Kids everywhere
Captain has his son doing the miles on the bike on the sidelines

Traffic jams and road accidents on beach rd
Ch ten have left so assume report on news, 7 still here

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Re: well done the Saints fans

What was the story with the ambulance stopping outside in Beach Road to attend to someone on the footpath?

Yes it was a fair size crowd. It was pleasing to see lots of kids turn up. After all it wasn't a 1030pm finish.

ripplug66
Club Player

ozrulestrace wrote:What was the story with the ambulance stopping outside in Beach Road to attend to someone on the footpath?

Yes it was a fair size crowd. It was pleasing to see lots of kids turn up. After all it wasn't a 1030pm finish.

I still don't get why 10.30 finishes are a problem for kids. I reckon we are to soft these days. My daughter went to the footy every time we wanted to go. It never effected her.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

And how many children under the age of ten do you see at Friday night games?

Not many by recent head counts, mainky because a lot of them have sport on Saturday morning and their parents don't want their kids out late.

ripplug66
Club Player

ozrulestrace wrote:And how many children under the age of ten do you see at Friday night games?

Not many by recent head counts, mainky because a lot of them have sport on Saturday morning and their parents don't want their kids out late.

I know there aren't many but we have bugger all Friday night games. I know footy isn't a Saturday sport though. im of the opinion that even if they get up early and miss a little sleep then who cares. It wont effect their sport once a bloody week. We are so soft on our kids these days. They rule. I reckon its about time parents ruled again.

Anyway there is no answer to the problem. Sport is now more about TV than those attending and night rates much better than day. I'm not even sure its important they go as long as they are watching.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:And how many children under the age of ten do you see at Friday night games?

I know there aren't many but we have bugger all Friday night games. I know footy isn't a Saturday sport though. im of the opinion that even if they get up early and miss a little sleep then who cares. It wont effect their sport once a bloody week. We are so soft on our kids these days. They rule. I reckon its about time parents ruled again.

Anyway there is no answer to the problem. Sport is now more about TV than those attending and night rates much better than day. I'm not even sure its important they go as long as they are watching.
There isn't much you and I agree on ripplug - in fact, I reckon we disagree on most things - but on both of these sentiments you and I are in 100% accord. I was taking my four year old to night games at the G years ago, and took my youngest to plenty of night games when he was even younger.
My youngest is mad about footy - won't even look at a book at his school unless it has something about footy in it - brought home a Swans book in his reader last week and I reminded him of how we hate the Swans - and he told me that it was the only footy book left in the school library. My oldest is sick of the losing, so I made sure to get him a Saints membership this year - and now he is back on the bandwagon again.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Plugger, when the Stars played the Renegades at the G and they got 81K crowd it was an early 6pm start. Many pundits attribute that massive crowd to the earlier than normal start and the huge family turnout.

My kids have Saturday morning sport - if they went to a Friday night footy match by the time they got home and to bed it's about 11.30. Pretty hard to get them up and going on a Saturday morning. Fine if you have no morning plans the next day.
Footy or crickey starting at around 6pm brings it forward a good hour and half - big difference!

Plus factor in after school activities on weekdays - there appears to be a lot more of that (at least at our kids school) than when I was at school in the 80's. Kids get totally worn out by Friday with all the commitments.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

There isn't much you and I agree on ripplug - in fact, I reckon we disagree on most things - but on both of these sentiments you and I are in 100% accord. I was taking my four year old to night games at the G years ago, and took my youngest to plenty of night games when he was even younger.
My youngest is mad about footy - won't even look at a book at his school unless it has something about footy in it - brought home a Swans book in his reader last week and I reminded him of how we hate the Swans - and he told me that it was the only footy book left in the school library. My oldest is sick of the losing, so I made sure to get him a Saints membership this year - and now he is back on the bandwagon again.
Well done re the footy book. I hope you have told your kids (like I've told mine) that they are allowed to barrack for any team they want - but if it's not St.Kilda they have to find a new home :wink:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ripplug66
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Plugger, when the Stars played the Renegades at the G and they got 81K crowd it was an early 6pm start. Many pundits attribute that massive crowd to the earlier than normal start and the huge family turnout.

My kids have Saturday morning sport - if they went to a Friday night footy match by the time they got home and to bed it's about 11.30. Pretty hard to get them up and going on a Saturday morning. Fine if you have no morning plans the next day.
Footy or crickey starting at around 6pm brings it forward a good hour and half - big difference!

Plus factor in after school activities on weekdays - there appears to be a lot more of that (at least at our kids school) than when I was at school in the 80's. Kids get totally worn out by Friday with all the commitments.

Firstly who cares about Friday night games. We have one I think. If your kids cant be a little tired for one in 366 days then there is really something wrong. Secondly the cricket was in the holidays. It would be complete madness to start games at 6pm on a work night. Madness. The roads are still stuffed at 7 let alone 5pm. May get more kids going for a 6pm start but they would be going on their own and that may not work for those under 15. Think about it SP.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Saturday night at 6pm may work

ripplug66
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Saturday night at 6pm may work

It may if you don't play local footy. It wont for ratings and as a club that relies on TV rights I would say it wont happen. If parents wont take there children to the footy then surely 10pm on a Saturday night isn't to late for them to stay up and watch TV. My daughter went to her first game when she was 10 days old. She then went to every game Melbourne game until she was around 14. It didn't effect her sport. It may have effected her schooling but she can live with that. The problem now is she only goes about 6 times a year unfortunately.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:

It may if you don't play local footy. It wont for ratings and as a club that relies on TV rights I would say it wont happen. If parents wont take there children to the footy then surely 10pm on a Saturday night isn't to late for them to stay up and watch TV. My daughter went to her first game when she was 10 days old. She then went to every game Melbourne game until she was around 14. It didn't effect her sport. It may have effected her schooling but she can live with that. The problem now is she only goes about 6 times a year unfortunately.
How many times a year do you go plugs to see the Saints??

ripplug66
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

How many times a year do you go plugs to see the Saints??

Between 4 and 14 depending on the fixture and if it was a big Saturday night at Ormond.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

An excellent afternoon/early evening at Trevor Barker Oval. I was a WEE bit disappointed not to catch up with many of my good pals there, but look forward to spending time with them very soon! Go Saints! (to hell with the rest!)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:An excellent afternoon/early evening at Trevor Barker Oval. I was a WEE bit disappointed not to catch up with many of my good pals there, but look forward to spending time with them very soon! Go Saints! (to hell with the rest!)

sorry I missed you Jigster- blame the crowd and the fact I had to park near a really good coffee place blocks away

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107