anxious wait

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: anxious wait

Where oh where does it say Bruce is 'putting off talks'.? Last week it was announced by the Saints that saints and Bruce's management had started negotiations on re newing his contract.

This week Bruce when asked about his contract situation said it was with the club and his management and there was no rush. Nothing actually, saying he is 'putting off talks'.

ripplug66
Club Player

loris wrote:Where oh where does it say Bruce is 'putting off talks'.? Last week it was announced by the Saints that saints and Bruce's management had started negotiations on re newing his contract.

This week Bruce when asked about his contract situation said it was with the club and his management and there was no rush. Nothing actually, saying he is 'putting off talks'.

Don't know.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:Where oh where does it say Bruce is 'putting off talks'.? Last week it was announced by the Saints that saints and Bruce's management had started negotiations on re newing his contract.

Methinks you might be one of the more capable at sniffing out a beat up, Loris.

This stuff is that of a perpetual machine, a self generating festival of a whole lot of people with nothing meaningful to say.

I well recall figures quoted from a few years back, and it went something like this - around 1980 there were less than 50 media figures accredited with the VFL. Around 15 -20 years later (I did say "something like this") there were over 700 media figures accredited by the AFL. The figure today is well north of 4 figures.

I am reminded of that hoary old question asked in corporate circles - "what's the value add?".

One enormous great trough, the AFL, with multiple sties' worth of snouts in the trough, all contributing little more than mass distraction. Stroked egos, nods to status quo, meaningless opining aplenty, troves of empty rhetoric, idiots with mics trying to trump other idiots with mics, faux competition fuelled by vacuous toads, a dissolute ethical and equity base, gangsterish political lobbying and coercion, accounting standards a la Wall St, disappeared scientific and medical principles, and so many paid shills as to drive sensible people to despair, if they weren't centred enough to know it all matters for jot.

I know of one 40'ish chap who was apprenticed by the AFL, and he left his private school education to take up the role offered, well before he had finished anything meaningful. A lad whose Dad had dosh, some of it involving those in the eerie at the AFL. Good fat stick was offered from the get go, for a 'management pathway'.

Suits worn during the week, on game days and at tribunal hearings. From mustering boundary line resources on game days, to opening doors for those entering and leaving tribunal hearings, this was a beckoning career. Sticks got fatter as resource mustering and door opening skills competencies rose to meet the challenge of modern sporting management. Remits were widened to encompass the cultivation of sources and relationships with media 'pardiners'. Pa continued to develop inside and outside relationships, and junior rose to the point where he continues to open doors and muster boundary line resources and compliance. He's even travelled to the provinces in the provided big, black 4WD, so he might instruct those in the provinces how they best shrink their competitions to cope with the declining participation. All part of the pathway, you see.

"The gouge, the trough, the snouts, but what about the value add?"

Keep sniffin' out nonsense, Loris.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Playon
Club Player

OMG I almost fell asleep, quick question what's your point?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

His dad Ken must be going completely mad with all this speculation

felix
Club Player

Florid prose ToT nice work

Playon
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:His dad Ken must be going completely mad with all this speculation Image
LOl Heard he went mad some time ago

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Can't leave; his head's on the top of our page! 8-)

Mind you, so is Dan Marksworth's :shock: :(

Look again!
Why?
They aren't there anymore. That's why.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Look again!
Why?
they may still appear on some pages of people who have cookies enabled and haven't cleared their cookies or so i am told

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Look again!
Why?
they may still appear on some pages of people who have cookies enabled and haven't cleared their cookies or so i am told
I must be one of them cookie monsters then cos I can still see them.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion ImageImage

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Now we just need some clever person to do a Brandon White banner.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

If Bruce has another 50 game season, how much do you offer him? Would $500,000 do it if you give him a 5 year contract. That sets him up for life and you hope he's not too greedy.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:OMG I almost fell asleep, quick question what's your point?
I feel for the narcoleptic, truly, I do.

Generally speaking, I tend to leave folks to their own devices and interpretations. However, given your tendency to narcolepsy, I should probably exercise a little empathy, so here goes...

Concentrate!

Alternatively, if a post looks a bit long, move on to the next one.

There's a 3rd option - Stephen Dank does a nice line in Cerebrolysin, apparently.

"OMG" - seriously?

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:Florid prose ToT nice work
Sometimes florid of prose and complexion, felix. Give a Celt a drink, and both are likely to make their way to the surface.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Massive beat up here

Says 'talks have just begun' and 'not in a rush'

Yep Id say he's going for sure :P

#1 Ryder fan
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:If Bruce has another 50 game season, how much do you offer him? Would $500,000 do it if you give him a 5 year contract. That sets him up for life and you hope he's not too greedy.
You'd have to offer him at least twice as much if he plays that many games this season.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Incorrect reporting does not help
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-24/tra ... ver-summer

Josh Bruce has gotten bigger and stronger this pre-season. The out-of-contract Saint has put on five kilograms according to the AFL Season Guide and the 23-year-old said he has been working hard in the gym. "[I've been] getting a little bit stronger in the contest without losing any running capabilities," Bruce said. While he has improved his strength, Bruce's endurance will be particularly important this year, as he will play spend time further up the ground, with 2014 No.1 draft pick Paddy McCartin playing closer to goal. Bruce is a quality runner for a key-position player – he finished in the top-10 of the first time trial of St Kilda's pre-season, a 3km run around Albert Park Lake involving first-to fourth-year players. - Dinny Navaratnam

Josh Bruce has added 5kg to his frame after a breakout 2015 season. Picture: AFL Media

Point 1: he is not 'out of contract ' yes he 'will be' out of contract on Oct 30th , but he is not out of contract currently

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Ill be disappointed if the club doesnt use the NAB challenge to select a fwd line of:

Savage Bruce Lee

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Ill be disappointed if the club doesnt use the NAB challenge to select a fwd line of:

Savage Bruce Lee
:lol: Not impossible. Would be Commetti's wet dream

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Massive beat up here

Says 'talks have just begun' and 'not in a rush'

Yep Id say he's going for sure :P
You don't have to go to the other sarcastic extreme. He's young athletic key forward coming out of contract who just kicked 50 goals in a bottom team and probably has his best still in front him. Of course other teams are going to be sniffing around and seeing how much they can throw at him to make him think. His manager will be pushing him to wait until the CBA gets close to working out how much is available in the pot for players and then go from there. That is the logical course of events to maximise his pay. We are in the box seat in that he is here already with his mates and we're building a good squad to play finals soon. But you just never know. Players move a fair bit these days. It's why I think we need to think about recruiting another key forward over the next couple of drafts.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

He wanted to come to St Kilda & he's playing in the position that he wanted to play in. I would be very surpised if he doesn't re sign at season's end.