Any way- Jake's found a Job

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jamesmc
Club Player

Re: Any way- Jake's found a Job

The Fireman wrote:ok your a comedian..cool..I thought you were serious
Spot on

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:jamesmc is angry I tried to set him straight can someone else please try ?
Someone is missing Plugger.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
The Fireman wrote:jamesmc is angry I tried to set him straight can someone else please try ?
Someone is missing Plugger.
can you try ?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:
The Fireman wrote:ok your a comedian..cool..I thought you were serious
Spot on
get a new writer

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Image

Jake Carlisle ‏@jcarlisle22
Loving the new job working with these legends. Thanks to Buxton Constructions for the opportunity #stillmissingfooty
I hope Jake doesn't get into the pies too much (like the other guys obviously have) but maybe dobs a sausage roll every now and then. :wink:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

To the top wrote:So members of a Union, on a construction site, do not work.

What I will tell you is that Union sites generally complete projects within handover dates, with the Construction Company then paid the negotiated incentives for finishing ahead of schedule (and savings on outgoings including wages so maximising profit) - and at the conclusion these Union workers are on site doing what they are doing a very long way past 8 hours a day (including thru the night).

The very real problem is that these workers are on Contracts - Contracts which terminate when the project completes.

So then they have to re-apply for positions with Tenderer's who have won projects - and, in the mean time find any work they can to keep the money coming in.

THAT is the work-place we have in Australia today.

These Construction workers (including commercial electricians and plumbers et al) much prefer Union sites because they are better remunerated and they receive redundancy payments at the conclusion of the project - unlike non Union sites.

Further, at non Union sites you can be deployed to general duties (instead of utilising your skill) and, when you receive your wekly pay slip you notice that you are paid at a different award from your skills award - because you were deployed as you were on site.

Then you get to OH&S where scant attention is paid to worker safety at non Union sites.

How do I know of these circumstances?

Mates (plural) have sons so impacted - and these are their stories.

They are further impacted because they can not go to a bank and apply for a Home Loan because of their workplace history and prospects.

On top of that, what we do have is flat wages growth - the slowest ever and recessionary.

As the IMF has cautioned, for Australia to evade a looming recession, the necesity is for wages growth to exceed the rate of inflation, acknowledging we are a 70% Plus Service Industry economy.

Indicative of economic performance is the ASX, in "Bear" market territory since 12 months ago (a lead indicator), unemployment is rising now past 6% with a transition from full time to part time and casual employment and Mastercard note the drop in consumer usage because of a significant fall in home wares purchases, indicative of pressure on house prices and incomes.

We have more than our total GDP borrowed on our houses (hence the pressure on bank shares) with the only saving grace being that the RBA has held Official cash Rates at 2% today.

And that is just for starters!!!

And Union members do not work!!!!

What a typically lazy, uneducated statement.
Fantastic post!!!!! :idea:

(And as you pointed out in a follow up TripleT, of course there are crooks and routers on all sides, and at all levels... but when doing the sums...

Only one side causes recessions.
Only one side causes depressions.
Only one side causes wars.
And only one side went damn close to bringing down the global economy very recently.

Never ceases to amaze me how some get so uptight over the nickle and dime pilfering from the foyer candy vending machine, that they never see the truck driving away from the back door, loaded up with the proceeds of the bank vault.)

Back to the footy:

Maxie H is also a builder/developer.

Jake having a 'year off' is a good thing. Will hopefully make him hungry. (And if OH&S laws are followed, then he's much less likely to get injured.)

As Richo beautifully put it, we didn't primarily recruit Jake to play in 2017. We recruited him to play in our next premiership sides in 2018 and beyond.

And we also get the bonus salary cap space to carry over for next season... to go shopping with. :twisted: EffncheatingdrugggoldentirdboyJobesgonnalosehisDownlowhahahah FC... the gift that just keeps on giving... :mrgreen:

And with a bit of luck, Jakey might even swing 'the Asian guy', and all his other workmates, around to supporting the Saintas. :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
To the top
SS Life Member

Thanks for the support.

It just annoys me when people resort to stereo-typing and savage description, usually in 3 word throw away's, without having a fuller appreciation or understanding.

We all have opinions - and we all have the right to prosecute those opinions and the reasons for them.

If you want to debate, debate the reasons.

Point by point.

As for Carlisle, it is excellent that he has been offered the employment he has - and, no doubt, he will forge friendships with those he now works with.

In many ways, compared with the circumstances of other qualified kids (electricians, plumbers et al) he is lucky to have the contacts who have supported him.

We trust he benefits from the experience - and returns to St Kilda to contribute to the Club and the team to his very best.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:

What I will tell you is that Union sites generally complete projects within handover dates, with the Construction Company then paid the negotiated incentives for finishing ahead of schedule (and savings on outgoings including wages so maximising profit) - and at the conclusion these Union workers are on site doing what they are doing a very long way past 8 hours a day (including thru the night).

The very real problem is that these workers are on Contracts - Contracts which terminate when the project completes.

So then they have to re-apply for positions with Tenderer's who have won projects - and, in the mean time find any work they can to keep the money coming in.

These Construction workers (including commercial electricians and plumbers et al) much prefer Union sites because they are better remunerated and they receive redundancy payments at the conclusion of the project - unlike non Union sites.

Further, at non Union sites you can be deployed to general duties (instead of utilising your skill) and, when you receive your wekly pay slip you notice that you are paid at a different award from your skills award - because you were deployed as you were on site.

Then you get to OH&S where scant attention is paid to worker safety at non Union sites.

They are further impacted because they can not go to a bank and apply for a Home Loan because of their workplace history and prospects.

On top of that, what we do have is flat wages growth - the slowest ever and recessionary.

As the IMF has cautioned, for Australia to evade a looming recession, the necesity is for wages growth to exceed the rate of inflation, acknowledging we are a 70% Plus Service Industry economy.

Indicative of economic performance is the ASX, in "Bear" market territory since 12 months ago (a lead indicator), unemployment is rising now past 6% with a transition from full time to part time and casual employment and Mastercard note the drop in consumer usage because of a significant fall in home wares purchases, indicative of pressure on house prices and incomes.

We have more than our total GDP borrowed on our houses (hence the pressure on bank shares) with the only saving grace being that the RBA has held Official cash Rates at 2% today.

(And as you pointed out in a follow up TripleT, of course there are crooks and routers on all sides, and at all levels... but when doing the sums...

And only one side went damn close to bringing down the global economy very recently.

Never ceases to amaze me how some get so uptight over the nickle and dime pilfering from the foyer candy vending machine, that they never see the truck driving away from the back door, loaded up with the proceeds of the bank vault.)

Agreed. One of your better ones TTT

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Gee whiz, I can't believe some of the negativity and downright snobbery in this thread.

Jake Carlisle is trying to get his life on track. Regardless of your thoughts on for whom he works for and unions, it appears he is being very proactive. Good to know he's not a scab worker for anyone, or is being exploited. Cut the guy some slack!
agreed which is what prompted my first post.
It's unbelievable mate. Thank goodness the people without prejudice in this thread aren't the minority.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
jamesmc
Club Player

Moods wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:

What the hell are you bleeding hearts on about?

WTF about the Unions?

Don't get me started on unions. A bigger bunch of no hoping , lazy ***** have i come across.

And before u all start, i am in the construction industry.

Pissed myself laughing at davemc saying his sons of friends are in the indusrty so he knows all about it.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:
Moods wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:

WTF about the Unions?

Don't get me started on unions. A bigger bunch of no hoping , lazy ***** have i come across.

Pissed myself laughing at davemc saying his sons of friends are in the indusrty so he knows all about it.
You're still carrying on like a two-bob-watch? Give it a rest mate!

jamesmc
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
Moods wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:

WTF about the Unions?

You're still carrying on like a two-bob-watch? Give it a rest mate!
Is that a statement or a question?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I'd prefer him to be training... Personally

Being in construction isn't improving his footy ability... Physical attributes

Moods
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I'd prefer him to be training... Personally

Keeping him busy. There's only so much training you can do before you go stir crazy. And from the sounds of things, we don't need a bloke like Carlisle going stir crazy as it appears he can distract himself with some very unhealthy habits..........

I didn't read the whole article but I assume that he's not full time

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I'm disappointed with two people in this thread for sending me rude messages. So uncalled for. It's the stuff you'd expect from Collingwood supporters, not fellow Sainters.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Some people on this thread really need to build a bridge.

Might struggle finding non-unionised labor to help do it, but....

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote:I'm disappointed with two people in this thread for sending me rude messages. So uncalled for. It's the stuff you'd expect from Collingwood supporters, not fellow Sainters.
Out them.

You are garbage - Enough said
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Sainternist wrote:I'm disappointed with two people in this thread for sending me rude messages. So uncalled for. It's the stuff you'd expect from Collingwood supporters, not fellow Sainters.
Out them.
I heard one may have been Plugger. :D

pr wilkinson. Please accept my apology, it was rude of me to make such a comment.

jamesmc
Club Player

Suck it up Princess :wink: :wink:

To the top
SS Life Member

"I am in the construction industry"

Says it all, really.

The reasons businesses fail is simple.

Management.

And don't get me started on the "quality" of Company Directors in Australia!!!

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
saintbrat wrote:Image

Jake Carlisle ‏@jcarlisle22
Loving the new job working with these legends. Thanks to Buxton Constructions for the opportunity #stillmissingfooty
I hope Jake doesn't get into the pies too much (like the other guys obviously have) but maybe dobs a sausage roll every now and then. :wink:
Obviously Jack you're a young bloke - once you get over 40 it always looks like you enjoy a pie in photos. #alldownhillover45#nofungettingmiddleaged

On the plus side - I think this cloud's silver lining is that Jake is going to see what the world is like if you're not a footy star. #couldgivehimsomeperspoective#secondstkildafcpremiershipteamchb

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I'd prefer him to be training... Personally

gives him some perspective though - real life experience of what life is like when you're not a pampered footy star. Will be the makings of him.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

jamesmc wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:... (And as you pointed out in a follow up TripleT, of course there are crooks and routers on all sides, and at all levels... but when doing the sums...

Never ceases to amaze me how some get so uptight over the nickle and dime pilfering from the foyer candy vending machine, that they never see the truck driving away from the back door, loaded up with the proceeds of the bank vault.)[/b]
Hi Jim, I see what you've done there. :wink: Not sure exactly what you meant, but I love that grammar... great to see someone posting in tribute-style to Pluggsy. :D

But, whatever exactly you meant by my having 'sons of friends in the indusrty(sic)', if you get a spare moment in between building great stuff, could you please re-read the bit I highlighted above, to see what I meant. (With credit to TripleT, as I was summarizing his/her work.)

And then, if you get a bit more time in between building more great stuff, could you please re-read Triple T's post/s?

And then, if you get another break from building even more great stuff... apart from the no-doubt valid issues you have with 'unions' (which probably would have come in at number 12)...

... could you look at the big overall picture, and 'doing the sums', let us know what has been written that isn't accurate, and why? Thanks in anticipation.

And seguing in... similarly, do you really think we need Jakey this year? For mine, fresh for 2017 onwards is fine. In the meantime, we get to pool 'his' money to go player shopping with.

In the overall big construction picture, that's win and win for our mighty Saintas, don't you think...?

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote: Only one side causes recessions.
Collingwood?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!